As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NHL] Something about the playoff should probably be in the thread title.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If Toronto chokes, so help me...

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Aegis wrote: »
    If Toronto chokes, so help me...
    Surprise! Toronto actually wins a game!

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ooooh, penalty shot in the Edmonton Vancouver game! After Edmonton somehow manages to score 2 quick goals to tie the game in the 2nd.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I feel bad for Ollie Jokinen. He finally gets traded out of the hockey version of purgatory that is Florida, but he ends up in the western conference version of the exact same place in Phoenix.

Oh, and uh suck it Phoenix....I guess

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've always had a soft spot for Ollie Jokinen. It's probably a move very slightly up and I'm glad he's on the Jets I mean Coyotes, but he really could have better helped someone else.

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    thanimationsthanimations Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    an_alt wrote: »
    I've always had a soft spot for Ollie Jokinen. It's probably a move very slightly up and I'm glad he's on the Jets I mean Coyotes, but he really could have better helped someone else.

Did you just wake up from 1995?

At the least the dude is being paid well, especially if he has to put up with (and I'm sure he will) more games like tonight from his teammates.

thanimations on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Finally a nice win for the 'Nucks. If they keep this up they might not finish last in the conference!

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008

At the least the dude is being paid well, especially if he has to put up with (and I'm sure he will) more games like tonight from his teammates.

Look fucker, do you know what it's like to grow up cheering for a team that only won like two playoff series in it's entire existence? A team that likely has more fans in another country than the state in which it plays?

At some point I'm sure they'll be good and get a bunch of bandwagon fans and actually get shown on TV, but in the meantime I'll keep my focus on a team in some third tier league and dream. I dream of a day when the team of my youth hoists Lord Stanley's Cup in a city we have both abandoned. One day...

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Speaking of which, I really hope Hamilton gets a team at some point. It would be a cheaper alternative to the Toronto Sucky Leafs, and a team I could cheer for without hating myself.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    thanimationsthanimations Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Look fucker, do you know what it's like to grow up cheering for a team that only won like two playoff series in it's entire existence? A team that likely has more fans in another country than the state in which it plays?

At some point I'm sure they'll be good and get a bunch of bandwagon fans and actually get shown on TV, but in the meantime I'll keep my focus on a team in some third tier league and dream. I dream of a day when the team of my youth hoists Lord Stanley's Cup in a city we have both abandoned. One day...

Woah, calm down. I was just making a joke on that it's been long enough to not make the Jets, er I mean Coyotes joke. So if I struck a nerve, sorry.
    Speaking of which, I really hope Hamilton gets a team at some point. It would be a cheaper alternative to the Toronto Sucky Leafs, and a team I could cheer for without hating myself.

This article seems to suggest a 2nd Toronto team is more likely.

thanimations on
  • Options
    GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So it looks like Hossa has been an awesome fit with the Wings.

Yay.

Glaeal on
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So if I struck a nerve, sorry.

As someone who used to cheer for the Nordiques in his childhood, I know that nerve too well.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    3 stars of the week:
    1)Jarome Iginla (!!)
    2)Peter Budaj
    3)Marian Hossa

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=388900

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I dressed Versteeg over Kessel tonight.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kyle Okposo got his first NHL goal tonite and took 7 shots in the NYI loss. If he plays like that for the rest of the season I might not be too pissed for picking him up. And I also have Doug Weight on the Islanders. Hurrah! for having two players on the team with 4 points so far this season.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Corvus wrote: »
    [strike]Sami Salo[/strike] Rick Rypien may be the most injury prone Canuck ever.

Seriously, I have no idea what this guy does, but his career is going to be over before it really gets started at this rate.

Also, there seems to be lots of speculation about Gaborik moving. He's great, but I'm not sure the Wild would get anywhere near value for him if they trade him, what with him being fragile and the Hossa deal to Pittsburgh last year showing that trading a bunch of top prospects for someone who hasnt or wont sign a long term deal not working out so well.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I dropped Kessel for Budaj today. I need to talk to my league creator because I am fucking stuck with Huet. He is listed as a no-drop player. That does not sit well with me.

edit: I love that Huet is one of my "you can't drop him" players. *sigh*

edit: Commish fixed it. I dropped Huet for Kunitz for tomorrow.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Woah, calm down.

Jean know that any mention of our former teams must be met with rage and melodrama. It's the rules. :P

In other news, Ottawa somehow knocked off the Sabres last night. Didn't see that one coming.

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Fucking Okposo, thanks for bailing midseason on the Gophers last year. *shakes fist*

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    How is Arnott and Vlasic for Semin not a good deal to take?

I am talking with people in my league and they are like "Well, good wingers are more valuable than good centers since there are a lot more good centers out there" and "He could easily pick up a 2nd tier center on FA". Really? This guy is 0-3 in three weeks and is currently losing to me 6-2 or so and I don't see that changing. His centers are Langkow (not so hot right now), Gomez (doing well), and Franzen (IR for a month). He has Bertuzzi and Nash behind Semin at LW. His D consists of Wideman, Coburn, Spacek, and Robidas.

I would be giving him his 2nd best (or potentially top) Center and his 2nd/3rd tier Dman.

How does no one want to trade me for McDonald, Jokinen, Getzlaf, Arnott, or Tkachuk?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    BobTrokeyBobTrokey Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    so tonight's caps-predators game is not being broadcast, this upsets me. at first i thought i was being screwed for being too close to baltimore, but apparently it isn't on in DC either. I wish I knew were to direct my rage so that I could express it from my recliner, of rage.

BobTrokey on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Oh hey look, the Leafs have the 2nd lowest Goals For in the entire Eastern Conference. We can't even win at that.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    BobTrokey wrote: »
    so tonight's caps-predators game is not being broadcast, this upsets me. at first i thought i was being screwed for being too close to baltimore, but apparently it isn't on in DC either. I wish I knew were to direct my rage so that I could express it from my recliner, of rage.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=7620927

Listen to it there. I am using the Preds announcers.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Woo! Shutout!

Eat it everyone who isn't a Flames fan

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Trus wrote: »
    Woo! Shutout!

Eat it everyone who picked up Budaj because of his three game win streak.

Fuck me.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I have Kiprusoff so I guess I'm a flames fan?

And, wow, 11 shots Pittsburgh? Glad I didn't have to see that one.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Hmm. Who to dress for tonight. I am doing fine in assists (like 11-3 fine). Goals I am down 8-3 or so. I have Tkachuk or Arnott as my top goal scoring centers that are playing tonight. Tkachuk vs Carolina or Arnott vs Edmonton. Carolina in the last 4 games: 2-2, Edmonton in the last 4 games: 0-4.

Anyone know anything I don't? I am leaning towards Tkachuk just because I haven't played him in awhile. Also, the guy I am playing had Selanne last night, so yea, that fucked me in goals.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Trus wrote: »
    Woo! Shutout!

Eat it everyone who isn't a Flames fan

Yeah, that big fat goose egg is making me think I need to get cable TV finally. I so rarely get to watch the Flames play.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    My two fantasy goalies are Kiprusoff and Thomas, this is going to be an interesting game...

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'm happy I didn't dress Vokoun tonight. Grrrr. I am now tied against my opponent because he has Price. This is going to be an interesting week. I will be pissed if I lose to this guy. He is the worst in the league, and this is the last week of playing against other conference teams. I NEED THIS WIN!

I have 4 ducks players for tomorrow (kunitz, getzlaf, beauchemin, and giguere). I am going to drop budaj to probably pick up versteeg. Hopefully all these guys light it up tomorrow.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's nice having at least one bay area team that doesn't suck.

Go Sharks!

tofu on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Is it bad that I'm excited Sid is injured so that the Pens can start their best center on their first line instead of their second?

Also this will be my third straight year of picking Malkin up in the draft. Yea, bitches, that's right. I drafted him in my league during his rookie year. Also did it his sophomore year, and his third year. It's getting to be a higher and higher pick every year he plays.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Good night for me; Flames won and I dressed Kipper over Thomas :D All I need now is for Bertuzzi to start scoring again, I traded Koivu for him early in the season and I am very much on that short end of that trade at the moment.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Oddly, Kyle "training, I don't need no stinking training" Wellwood is almost a point a game player for the Canucks so far this year. Bizzare.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I have officially fell in love with ESPN fantasy hockey. I don't know if I mentioned it in here or not, but I will say it again. ESPN fantasy hockey >>>>> Yahoo fantasy hockey.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    He was for his first four weeks or so last year also IIRC. I know someone on my league picked him up last year and he immediately stopped being good and started doing nothing.

Edit: That was directed at the Kyle Wellwood comment.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Lets go Ducks! Getzlaf, Kunitz, Beauchemin need to get me points (mainly goals...I am down 8-4 in that category). As long as Selanne gets no points. And Giguere, get a friggin shutout. Thank you.

edit: Annnnd friggin Selanne gets a ppa. Good for Giguere I guess.

edit: God damn it, Selanne a ppg. AND Vancouver scored. Can I be hit in the balls any more?

edit: Ok. Can someone chime in here? This is what my team is and I want to trade for Parise because I score no goals. My team = Adam Oates.
    C:
    Getzlaf
    Arnott
    Tkachuk
    McDonald
    Jokinen

LW:
    Ponikarovsky
    Stillman

RW:
    Knuble
    Dumont

Dmen:
    Beauchemin
    Weber
    Rozsival
    Sbisa

G:
    Giguere
    Vokoun
    I assume the only person worthy of trading for is Getzlaf. If so, that makes me sad.

edit: Oh, nice job Ducks. I guess I learned my lesson of having 4 players from one team. And as I typed this Vancouver scored. *sigh*

edit: Holy shit. This game is friggin nuts. Tie game. Three Ducks goals (fucking selanne) in like 1:30 or so.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    What is going on in the Van/Ana game? First team to 10 wins I guess. Also, the video quality on Sportsnet's coverage is horrible. It looks like the game is being broadcast live from 1983.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    This game is ridiculous. And I love that they changed the Getzlaf goal to Pronger. As if I need more fucking assists.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Redfield, drop Stillman. Completely fluke year for Corey last year, goal bound for nothingness this year.

Atleast thats where I stand.

Burtletoy on
This discussion has been closed.