As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All purpose pillow...

TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士Miami, FLRegistered User regular
edited September 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Here's the situation. My bed makes a lot of noise, and my girlfriend get's really embarrassed easily so we try to keep things quiet. This means we end up on the floor and I try to make some kind of cushioning by laying down and folding covers to make the carpet even softer.

Other than that we also spend a lot of time on or in the bed; for example watching TV, reading, what have you. I was wondering if there was a type of really big or really wide pillow that I could keep on the bed or move it off as the situation arises. Sort of like a big pillow, or even a big soft bean bag type of item. Ideally an item that can be used often so as to lessen it's image as a "love cushion".

Does anyone have any recommendations?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
Talith on

• ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What dimensions are we talking about here? Pillows come in many different types.
    Ya know, it's not that hard to make a pillow if you know someone with a ssewing machine.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Something like this? Or like this?

Those are kind of expensive, the latter especially, but I think you could find the same thing a little cheaper if you shopped around. I have a pillow that's 3 ft by 3 ft that I got for about $20 at a department store.

Also, you know, you could make your own for really cheap, really easily, especially if you have access to a sewing machine. Just buy two large pieces of fabric, stitch them together on all sides, leaving a small hole, turn it inside out through the hole (to hide the seams), stuff it with cotton stuffing or whatever you want, and sew up the hole.

Edit: Beat'd, because I didn't see the first reply. D:

Taximes on
  • SarcastroSarcastro Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Strategic applications of WD-40?

'The Wedge' sex pillows are pretty fun, comfy, and not nearly as naughty looking as they actually are.

Also, these looked pretty cool.

If its your own place- get a new bed, you wont beleive the difference it can make.

Sarcastro on
  • shugaraeshugarae Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Comfy Sacks are a good alternative to lovesac and a bit less expensive. Check out the "Comfy Pillow" - sounds kinda like what you're after.

Also Sumo gets much love from me <3

shugarae on
    Omeganaut class of '08. Fuck Peggle. Omeganaut class of '17 West. Fuck Rainbow Road.
    The Best in Terms of Pants on JCCC3
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If he's going to blow $150 on a giant beanbag, why not just get a new bedframe?

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    shugarae wrote: »
    Comfy Sacks are a good alternative to lovesac and a bit less expensive. Check out the "Comfy Pillow" - sounds kinda like what you're after.

Also Sumo gets much love from me <3

Those Sumos look great. I might have to get one.

VisionOfClarity on
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    "The wedge" looks so innocent it's awesome. Now I really want one of them.

Were cash not an issue I would be all over those sacks. Man those look comfortable.

And no, it's not my own place. It's a big wooden bed that matches all the other furniture in the room and I wouldn't be able to just replace it. Of course in the future in my own place I would make sure to get a great bed.

Now I'm kind of interested in making my own pillow. Sounds like a fun project. I'm thinking something big enough to lie the majority of the body on (balanced). What kind of material is good to fill it up with?

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Ani_BAni_B Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Have you tried tightening any screws/bolts on your bed frame to lessen the noise? It could help a lot. As for a pillow, the Zeppelin Pillow by Liberator.com looks to be what you are looking for, its 5ft. x 6ft. x 1.5ft. and currently on sale, half price. Just be warned, the site it is on is an adult "bedroom adventure gear" site so it's quite NSFW.

Ani_B on
    Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night.
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wow, liberator has basically exactly what I was looking for.

The wedge and ramp look amazing. Wow. I think I'll be going with that lovely combo.

But now I'm all interested in all this pillow making business. There's that sense of pride and satisfaction in having something you made yourself. Also, my current pillows kind of blow.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You can stuff with cotton fluff, shredded couch foam, old fabric, pixie dust...

That Zeppelin Lounger is very well priced for how big it is.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!