As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yao Ming's Career Memorial Thread

• Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    he is, in my opinion, actively hurting the team when he is on the floor in many situations (not all the time, of course)

the fact that this may change in two years does not really comfort me

Medopine on
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    medo, thoughts on the blazers apparently being shopped to Seattle?

Duki on
  • Options
    BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'd take Outlaw. He can help spread the floor.

Anything to let Derrick Rose into the lanes is fine by me.

Deng can't shoot the 3 ball. I hope he adds it this offseason.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Duki wrote: »

where are you hearing that?

sounds stupid

Medopine on
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I have a feeling Dengs the next to go. His injuries proved detrimental to him. I hope he can recover from it D Wade style, but knowing the laws of averages when returning from rehab, it usually is not in the players favor post injury.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Paul Allen wouldn't move the team. Paul Allen wouldn't sell the team.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    next year they are going to have stupid numbers of attendance

going to be a lot of fun

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Medopine wrote: »

sounds stupid

Yeah, first I heard to. I thought one of the other factors, other than Bennett being a cocksucking, homophobic, Bush like lying good ol boy, was Washington's refusal to fund a new stadium.

I 'd sided on Bennet on that issue. I mean the Sonics were the only Seattle Pro Franchise to actually win a World Championship in their respective sport, yet The Mariners and Seahawks who choked respectively in big playoff series, got brand spanking new, state of the art stadiums paid for by Washington taxpayers? Yet they shit a brick and tell the Sonics to " Fuck yourselves, keep your High School Gym aka Key Arena" WTF?

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    I have a feeling Dengs the next to go. His injuries proved detrimental to him. I hope he can recover from it D Wade style, but knowing the laws of averages when returning from rehab, it usually is not in the players favor post injury.

Reports are that he just felt healthy enough to start running this week after being injured in February. Not a good sign. He was playing very well in December and January though prior to the injury though. He would be worth taking a chance on by other teams. Pax doesn't trade his players though.

The problem with Deng is that he may have nutritional deficiencies because he grew up in Sudan for most of his life. He may not heal very well and his bones and joints may be much weaker than many other players.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Medopine wrote: »

sounds stupid

nowhere ignore me i cant read.

Duki on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Bergy wrote: »
    The problem with Deng is that he may have nutritional deficiencies because he grew up in Sudan for most of his life. He may not heal very well and his bones and joints may be much weaker than many other players.

WOW that does suckD:. Lous an awesome dude, and I wish the best for him. Its just that hes got "The Duke" curse when good Duke Players get drafted and don't become as good in the NBA.

yeah Pax does'nt trade his players. I just wish Reinsdorf would sell the team to an owner who gave a fuck. I mean for God Sakes man, your franchise has six titles from the 90s, two time three peaters! Not even the Lakers could pull that off ever!

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I haven't seen that much of heinrich since college times, but watching the blazers, I really feel like they need a third option who can do more than 1) spot up in the corner and 2) take 18 foot js. I think they were hoping that between webster, outlaw, rudy and oden they would find that guy, but none of them has panned out so far. Maybe they think bayless is the guy? He has definitely shown flashes.

Heinrich's an upgrade over blake, I'm just not sure I think unloading those assets to get him is what we should be doing.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The Blazers are only giving up blake and outlaw probably. They aren't losing anything really. Outlaw could probably be replaced in the draft and Hinrich is much better than Blake.

Eventually the team is going to need veterans, and kirk is quality.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Well, and the first rounder. Although this is being called a weak draft, so who knows. Maybe the difference between 22 and 33 isn't that big.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Not only that, he is'nt ancient and ridden with mileage like Jason Kidd. Hinrichs only 29 and still has a good 4-5 more years left in him. He has experience defending the likes of Arenas, Wade, and Chauncey when he was a Piston. Kirk could also switch up with Brandon between the 1 and 2 positions between PG/SG if necessary.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Well, and the first rounder. Although this is being called a weak draft, so who knows. Maybe the difference between 22 and 33 isn't that big.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Omri-Casspi-538/

He would be a good 22nd pick for the Blazers, but I don't know if they ever worked him out.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I haven't seen that much of heinrich since college times, but watching the blazers, I really feel like they need a third option who can do more than 1) spot up in the corner and 2) take 18 foot js. I think they were hoping that between webster, outlaw, rudy and oden they would find that guy, but none of them has panned out so far. Maybe they think bayless is the guy? He has definitely shown flashes.

Heinrich's an upgrade over blake, I'm just not sure I think unloading those assets to get him is what we should be doing.

I think Oden will pan out. I think Bayless has good potential but will need a couple years - we need a good scoring threat PG like yesterday.

I'm hopeful Webster can return to form but in reality being gone an entire season is pretty rough and I don't know that he'll be able to fill that role right away or at all next season.

Medopine on
  • Options
    KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Shaq's off to Cleveland for Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, a second rounder, and $0.5 million

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/06/24/20090624shaqtrade-CR.html

What a crazy day.

Killjoy on
  • Options
    PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Killjoy wrote: »
    Shaq's off to Cleveland for Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, a second rounder, and $0.5 million

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/06/24/20090624shaqtrade-CR.html

What a crazy day.

About fucking time. They would have crushed the Magic if Shaq had been in the post stopping Dwight Howard. He isn't good on help defense anymore (too old, too slow) but the Cavs could have stayed out and sealed the three point line.
    I just hope the Cavs win this year so Cleveland doesn't lose Lebron.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh snap. Cleveland's better now, but I don't think this makes them the favorite for next year's championship.

Maybe they get a talented SG or PF in the draft? Trade up for Ty Lawson?

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I don't think Lawson is suited to the halfcourt game Cleveland plays, more so with Shaq around.

Killjoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Killjoy wrote: »

What a crazy day.

About fucking time. They would have crushed the Magic if Shaq had been in the post stopping Dwight Howard. He isn't good on help defense anymore (too old, too slow) but the Cavs could have stayed out and sealed the three point line.
    I just hope the Cavs win this year so Cleveland doesn't lose Lebron.

I would'nt bet on it. I have a feeling, and am personally sick of, Danny Ferry trying to blackmail King James in staying. " Hey LeBron, we got Shaq. See, wer'redoing SOMETHING LALALALALALALA 1111one!!!" Its probably the only move hes going to make. If I were LeBron, I would'nt sign any extension until the2009-2010 season concludes with either a finals victory or disasterous season, which would'nt suprise me.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I can't wait until Lebron signs with the Clippers.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Man. Minds would BLOW if that happened. Ya heard?

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Man. ACLs would BLOW if that happened. Ya heard?

fixed that for ya. Clippers be cursed, yo.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Man. ACLs would BLOW if that happened. Ya heard?

fixed that for ya. Clippers be cursed, yo.

Blake Griffin read the message. Your knee is NEXT!

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I have to say, I have no clue who will be on the T-wolves next season but I am excited to see it.

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    Fatboy RobertsFatboy Roberts Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm guessing Portland is done trying to grab Ty Lawson. If they got Hinrich, and they already have Bayless (McMillan loves him) AND they shipped out Blake, there's no reason to draft yet ANOTHER promising PG.

I heard the Cavs are thinking about using their mid-level on procuring Sheed.

I still don't understand why everyone thought LeBron was going anywhere. Seriously, he's running/rewriting Jordan's playbook. He's going to get people to come to cleveland, and he's going to win his championships there.

Fatboy Roberts on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

The pick isn't that big a deal. The Blazers already have a ton of youngsters, including a promising PG overseas in Kopenen.

Plus if they decide they want another rookie later they can just buy a pick from one of the cheap owners.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    So Cleveland makes the deal it should have made at the trade deadline, and Phoenix does...what exactly?

I'm not sure what Phoenix gets out of this. A shitty draft pick, and two crappy players. They save a couple million in the upcoming season, but in the process make the team worse. They won't even save a lot come the following off season unless they either buy out Wallace or he retires. And that's the important off season everyone's been talking about for the past 2 years.
    Shaquille O'Neal's first full year with the Phoenix Suns, in which the team won nine fewer games than the previous season, was an abomination when looking at his history with new teams.

I think ESPN meant "aberration" there....

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Vince Carter to Orlando for various and sundry trash

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Good for him. He might win a title and have sportswriters suck his dick for a change.

This also means they don't have the capspace to resign Hedo right? And NJ gets in on the Lebron sweepstakes and nets a nice young SG in C. Lee.

Killjoy on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    They have Hedo's Bird Rights so they can sign him. Question is whether they're willing to pay the luxury tax in order to sign him.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I think the owner said something about paying to contend a while back, so they should be good.

Damn that's a hell of a lineup.

Nelson
    Carter
    Hedo
    Lewis
    Howard

Not sure if there's enough ball to go around.

Killjoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I'm guessing Portland is done trying to grab Ty Lawson. If they got Hinrich, and they already have Bayless (McMillan loves him) AND they shipped out Blake, there's no reason to draft yet ANOTHER promising PG.

I heard the Cavs are thinking about using their mid-level on procuring Sheed.

I still don't understand why everyone thought LeBron was going anywhere. Seriously, he's running/rewriting Jordan's playbook. He's going to get people to come to cleveland, and he's going to win his championships there.

Because he, y'know, needs to start winning championships there for that to make sense.

If it's proven that he seemingly can't win in Cleveland, then it makes sense for him to go and play somewhere else. Only thing keeping him in Ohio is that it's his home state and that's not exactly a deal breaker if his basketball would improve elsewhere.

Also VC to the Magic is niiiiiiiiiiiiiice imo. Maybe his production improves too, if he finally wants a ring.

But then again it's Vince Carter.

Duki on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Shaq's twitter is all him in a cavs uniform.

So awesome. Now i'm going to have to designate my waking hours to wandering around Cleveland until I run into him.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I like the Vince Carter trade. A good third of that feeling comes from getting rid of Rafer Alston.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So Alston is going to play behind Harris instead? I don't really like this trade at all. I think the Magic should have kept Lee.

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Magic have a sick lineup now, even if they don't retain Hedo.

I mean, it was enough of a pain for the Cavs to deal with Hedo, but now you've replaced him with VC? *covers eyes*

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm surprised though that the Magic gave up Lee.

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
This discussion has been closed.