Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Jack Thompson permanently disbarred

13»

Posts

  • HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    bhealey wrote: »
    bhealey wrote: »
    Man, this thread didn't get much attention. Oh well, I'm still happy.

    That was fun times back in the day. I mean seriously, you had a hand in this.

    How many people can say they helped a man go insane and lose his job!

    I'm shocked I didn't get fired from my job at the time. I mean, I spent pretty much every day for a week doing nothing but write and mail letters, make personal phone calls, and use the company fax machine and printer.

    Wait, who did you call and write to?

    "Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User
    edited September 2008
    bhealey wrote: »
    bhealey wrote: »
    Man, this thread didn't get much attention. Oh well, I'm still happy.

    That was fun times back in the day. I mean seriously, you had a hand in this.

    How many people can say they helped a man go insane and lose his job!

    I'm shocked I didn't get fired from my job at the time. I mean, I spent pretty much every day for a week doing nothing but write and mail letters, make personal phone calls, and use the company fax machine and printer.

    care to sum up what you did for us less fortunate people who do not know about your greatness? :D

    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Where have you noobs been, bhealey was basically the first person to make the Florida bar even remotely aware of JT's insanity.


    massive h5s to him

  • EvanderEvander Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Djiem wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    That is a comparison to Hitler. It's like, if someone says, "I'm a vegetarian" and then Rorschach responds, "Hitler was vegetarian". That's Godwin.

    It should be noted that an argument is not automatically invalidated because of Godwin's Law.

    What should be invalidated is anything anyone who calls Godwin's Law in a thread says.

    Godwion's law is self-fulfilling because during all exceptions to the rule, it will STILL be ruined by inevitable discussion of Godwin's law.

    georgersig.jpg
  • ogcam777ogcam777 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I swear reading this made a little bit more sunshine come in through my window. It's nice to see that this guy is finally revealed to be the true nutcase that he is (though we already knew it long ago), and even better that it's now officially in writing.

    By the way anti, that video is fucking amazing.

    steam_sig.png
  • PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh god I laughed so hard at that video, Antishow.

    Thank god it's Friday.

    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • DingerDinger Registered User
    edited September 2008
    I'm just waiting for his next attempt at being a douche bag.
    He may be disbarred in Florida but that doesn't stop him from passing the bar exam elsewhere.

    He also has a request to the US Supreme Court to block Florida's judgement so we should still get a few more laughs out of this moron.

  • RocketlexRocketlex Registered User
    edited September 2008
    I think the next step will be Jack suing himself for ruining his own career.

    While you were asleep, your windows told me all your secrets.
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dinger wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for his next attempt at being a douche bag.
    He may be disbarred in Florida but that doesn't stop him from passing the bar exam elsewhere.

    He also has a request to the US Supreme Court to block Florida's judgement so we should still get a few more laughs out of this moron.

    I don't know much about how it works, but I sincerely hope that being disbarred in one state would weigh heavily on your chances of being allowed to practice law anywhere else.

  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Captain K wrote: »
    Dinger wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for his next attempt at being a douche bag.
    He may be disbarred in Florida but that doesn't stop him from passing the bar exam elsewhere.

    He also has a request to the US Supreme Court to block Florida's judgement so we should still get a few more laughs out of this moron.

    I don't know much about how it works, but I sincerely hope that being disbarred in one state would weigh heavily on your chances of being allowed to practice law anywhere else.

    If you get disbarred from one state that pretty much means your legal career is over. You have to apply to take the bar in every state, and the Honor and Ethics committee for a State would not pass over something as significant as disbarment.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): munkusbeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
  • SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    This is going to hit Rockstar hard.

    Unless they can get Hilary Clinton worked up into a tiz, then they're going to have to start spending money on actual marketing for future game releases.

    Eh. i guess Fox will still let him come and rant. Just bill him as a 'Legal expert' or 'Video Game Violence Opinionist' or something rather than 'Media Whore Lawyer'.

  • tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I can't wait till Fox has him back on with the caption "Disbarment Expert" floating underneath his face.

    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
13»
Sign In or Register to comment.