As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS3 Update issues, please help...

dantreedantree Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Games and Technology
OK, so my PS3 is having problems updating games, there is an update for Super Stardust, and the SOCOM beta that will not update. It gets to the screen to start the update, then just sits there, the 0% completed taunting me.

I have played around with my connections to the internet, I have tried wireless and wired. The PS3 is going through a linksys router. I can connect the PS3 to the internet with the no problems, its only when I try to perform these game updates that it freezes up and disconnects me.

Any ideas?

psn: dantree
dantree on

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ah I assume both of those games are downloadable? Try removing them and then redownloading them?

urahonky on
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    that doesn't work for some reason the store versions aren't up to date.
    also you'd lose one of your downloads think you only get five per game

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    grim123 wrote: »

it doesn't work like that. you get unlimited downloads on your original system and on up to five other consoles with your account activated

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    victor_c26victor_c26 Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    bsjezz wrote: »

it doesn't work like that. you get unlimited downloads on your original system and on up to five other consoles with your account activated

So, you get unlimited downloads on 5 different PS3s (If 4 PS3s ever happen to break down on you), each?

As in:
    Original PS3: Unlimited
    2nd PS3: Unlimited
    3rd PS3: Unlimited
    4th PS3: Unlimited
    5th PS3: Unlimited
    6th PS3: Need to pay again

:?:

victor_c26 on
    It's been so long since I've posted here, I've removed my signature since most of what I had here were broken links. Shows over, you can carry on to the next post.
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    victor_c26 wrote: »
    bsjezz wrote: »

So, you get unlimited downloads on 5 different PS3s (If 4 PS3s ever happen to break down on you), each?

As in:
    Original PS3: Unlimited
    2nd PS3: Unlimited
    3rd PS3: Unlimited
    4th PS3: Unlimited
    5th PS3: Unlimited
    6th PS3: Need to pay again

:?:

that's how it works as far as i know, with the possibility of more than five machines working if you de-activate the previous accounts. not entirely certain.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    SpikedFreakSpikedFreak Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My PS3 gave me the problems for the longest time. I turned off media center connections, and poof, all my updates d/led no problem. Also fixed the weird issue that cause all the other devices on my network being booted offline when I turned the PS3 on. (Also, I never turned that option on. It was on by default.)

SpikedFreak on
  • Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My PS3 gave me the problems for the longest time. I turned off media center connections, and poof, all my updates d/led no problem. Also fixed the weird issue that cause all the other devices on my network being booted offline when I turned the PS3 on. (Also, I never turned that option on. It was on by default.)

Did you turn this off from the computers end?

dantree on
    psn: dantree