As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Untitled [Weeaboo] Thread: All according to plan.

• ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ergandar wrote: »
    I have the Kemeko OP stuck in my head.

Especially the Jesus scene, ahahha
    The full OP is even crazier.
    lol Japan!

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Jragghen wrote: »
    khain wrote: »
    Do you read anything weekly? One Piece is one of the best mangas for packing a ton of stuff into every chapter. A lot of mangas, in particular Bleach and Naruto, seem to be filled fluff where it takes multiple chapters for anything to happen.

The most frustrating being Berserk, which has slowed down to almost Bleach pace in terms of what happens per chapter (albeit with much, much, MUCH better artwork and overall plotting) but the damn things come out so infrequently it's like the pace of a glacier.

/new chapter this week!
    //or is it next week? Soon, regardless.
    The Tsukihime manga has gone for over a month now without a new chapter. It started in late 2003 and it's still only up to the 7th volume overall. Fortunately, every chapter is pretty much awesome which makes it worth the wait.

setrajonas on
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Scalfin wrote: »
    Caught the first episode of Code Geass R2 on AS.

I really hate it when they do a timeskip at the most inopportune moment, and now I'm confused why this character is doing this or what happened to this other character, and who the fuck are these new characters? I hope they clear most of this up by the next episode.

Also, did they double the cheescake factor on Kallen or what. Her boobs are almost twice as big now, she jumps vagina first to a crowd of bad guys and now sits on her mecha in a suggestively uncomfortable pose.

They should have a trope for female characters that have to pilot their mechas doggy style, or have to endure some sort of fanservicey condition, like Melfina floating naked in Outlaw Star, or Raine having to wear some really skin tight clothing in G Gundam.

One of them's floating in a tube, so the nudity is reasonable, and ALL the costumes are skin tight in G Gundam. You're going to have to find better examples than that to start an entry.

I didn't notice her chest being twice as big. The fanservice-ness of the jump I'll give you, but Gurren Mk.II's cockpit's always had that odd, superbike-style seat.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
    edited November 2008
    Janin wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I like strike witches.

It's the other way around. People with magic have ears/tail pop out when they use their magic. And it's magic powering the leg things.

Why don't they wear pants?

Wiki says:
    Striker Unit
    A pair of hybrid mechanical/magical propeller devices used by Witches for flight and worn over their legs. They are rigid, preventing movement of the knees and require close contact with the pilot's skin to activate, but can be disengaged on the field if needed. This is part of the reason the Witches do not wear pants while on standby (providing a vehicle for much of the series' fanservice.) When wearing a Striker a Witch's power is vastly increased, resulting in the constant manifestation of their animal ears and tails. It grants them the powers of high speed flight, increased physical abilities, and the ability to raise defensive shields. Strikers require high magical aptitude however and Witches who are either too weak or pass their prime cannot use them effectively. Each character's Striker is designed to resemble a type of World War II fighter plane.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    But I heard that in SW, even normal, civilian girls don't wear pants, either. Is that the case? And if so, why?

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Is there any reason why Dennou Coil hasn't been licensed in the States yet? It's got a great story, fantastic animation, and the kind of family friendliness that Ghibli movies have that make it seem like it could do pretty well in the US.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm volume 20 into Negima and just realized it has the same power creep that all shonen manga has. I didn't notice it until I started rereading the whole series recently and realized main portions of the plot aren't even mentioned until volume 3.

That reminds me I need to start reading this again, it's pretty funny with a lot of good action scenes.

Setsuna is my favorite. :)

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    darksteel wrote: »
    Is there any reason why Dennou Coil hasn't been licensed in the States yet? It's got a great story, fantastic animation, and the kind of family friendliness that Ghibli movies have that make it seem like it could do pretty well in the US.
    Maybe it's too serious for the average viewer and not wacky enough for the average American otaku? Not counting the beard civilization, I find it's somewhere inbetween wacky and serious. If you take a look at Kamichu for example, it has the same charming appeal and familiarity, but it never takes itself too seriously. I dunno... what kind of process do distribution companies go through when picking up licenses?

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Bad KittyBad Kitty Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hrmm . . . so Hulu put up a few new anime shows since the last time I checked. What strikes me the most is just how out of place Mushi-shi is amongst the selection. New to the line-up are

Kiddy Grade
    Ikki Tousen
    Bleach
    xxxHolic
    Blue Gender
    Shikabane Hime (Corpse Princess)

Fanservice and Shounen ahoy!

One other surprise is that the 37 episodes of Death Note that Hulu has available are all subbed.

Bad Kitty on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Comahawk wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    I stopped reading Naruto after
    Sasuke wtfpwned Deidara and Tobi had to come in and take him away. Seriously, all that just to reassert 'lawl Sasuke has dbz level powers' after Deidara came up with an awesome plan? I think the last part of Naruto that I really, really liked was Sakura+Chiyo against that puppet guy.

Does it stop being lame or something?

Read further, the manga starts to get pretty good around that point. At least as good as a manga about magical teenage ninjas can get.

Esspecially when they bring in the 8 tail.
    Sasuke basically dies about two times, only being brought back thanks to his team

The manga does not get better, it pretty much stays at the same mediocre level it has for the past year and the 8 tails fight was terrible pretty much for the exact reason you state that it was good.

edit:
    Naruto spoilers
    Also what is with authors killing off the cool characters and leaving terrible ones around. I'm all for killing people, but I'd prefer if the best characters weren't the ones to die.

Nah, Naruto's been pretty good of late, really. Let's see, what's happened since the Deidara/Sasuke fight:
    •Jiraya vs Pain was pretty nifty, albeit sad.
    •Sasuke vs Itachi was annoying in terms of all of the "no wait, it was an illusion" bits, but from a story sense, was solid
    •Killer Bee is fucking awesome. He's hilarious, and watching him kick Sasuke and his team's ass was delightful
    •The current Pain fight has been pretty good, as well

I mean, it's not One Piece, but it's certainly a tier above where it's been for most of the post-timeskip.

I find I need to wait 2-3 weeks for a few chapters of One Piece to come out before bothering to read them. Otherwise not enough happens in each one and the story gets boring.

Do you read anything weekly? One Piece is one of the best mangas for packing a ton of stuff into every chapter. A lot of mangas, in particular Bleach and Naruto, seem to be filled fluff where it takes multiple chapters for anything to happen.

Naruto:
    The Killer Bee fight was awesome until Sasuke pulled out his 'I win' ability which totally ruined the fight. The current Pain fight was pretty cool, but Kakashi and Jiraya were pretty much the only reasons I kept reading, though Naruto is becoming interesting again. Also I'm beginning to hate any use of clones.

Same thing with Claymore. The manga is pretty great, but it is ever so slow. Once a month plus whatever breaks the writer deems necessary. There was a break for, like, half a year once because the magazine that ran it went bust.

It seems even slower now that the writer is laying the foundation for the next big arc.

[EDIT] Damn, that's a long quote tree.

TeaSpoon on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Blue Gender is such a downer.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

The most frustrating being Berserk, which has slowed down to almost Bleach pace in terms of what happens per chapter (albeit with much, much, MUCH better artwork and overall plotting) but the damn things come out so infrequently it's like the pace of a glacier.

/new chapter this week!

I think both Berserk and FMA come out once a month and I swear that the chapters were longer to compensate for that, but the latest chapters for both were really short and slow. Also what is with Bleach, you'd think that the manga would be awesome right now, but it's so boring that I almost want to stop reading it.

Berserk is theoretically twice a month. In actuality, it's "whenever the hell he feels like it." It's been months since the last chapter. And yeah, the earlier chapters were a lot longer.

And Bleach is going through the "Let's show all the uninteresting characters' fights" sequence. Getting to see a new Ban Kai (which I expect will happen with Soi Fong in the next couple chapters) would be getting back into "new" territory. Much the way that getting to see Hisagi's release was the highlight of the pillars bit.

Edit: Seems I missed 298's release last week. Whelp. 11 days until 299 :D

Hopefully 300 will resolve the current plotline so we can get back to Guts/get Caska her fucking brain back.

I used to follow Berserk with every chapter. Then I got tired of its slowness and took a break for a little over a year, so I'd have a nice big bunch of chapters to read when I got back to it.

There were only ten new chapters. It took less than half an hour to go through them all.

That was the last time I read Berserk.

Cantide on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    setrajonas wrote: »

/new chapter this week!
    The Tsukihime manga has gone for over a month now without a new chapter. It started in late 2003 and it's still only up to the 7th volume overall. Fortunately, every chapter is pretty much awesome which makes it worth the wait.

Yeah, Evalol, but, Evangelion manga started in 1994-95. There are currently 11 volumes out. They're planning to have 12 volumes. Each volume was released roughly one year apart from each other. Or more. The dude is slow.

Zandracon on
  • JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    FCD wrote: »
    But I heard that in SW, even normal, civilian girls don't wear pants, either. Is that the case? And if so, why?

And there's no pants when the propeller things aren't being worn. The entire society is some sort of bizarre, pants-less alternate universe.

Too good for American fans

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    FCD wrote: »

And there's no pants when the propeller things aren't being worn. The entire society is some sort of bizarre, pants-less alternate universe.
    I think the idea is that everyone sort of hero-worships the ones that have powers. Don't ask me.'
    Zandracon wrote: »
    setrajonas wrote: »

/new chapter this week!

Yeah, Evalol, but, Evangelion manga started in 1994-95. There are currently 11 volumes out. They're planning to have 12 volumes. Each volume was released roughly one year apart from each other. Or more. The dude is slow.
    I think the lesson of the story is, uh, take your time with manga? I like the Evangelion manga a lot, but yea, that's definitely the slowest one I know of.

setrajonas on
    edited November 2008
    Janin wrote:

Too good for American fans

:(

If it isn't licensed, I don't get to watch it with an English dub. Most importantly, I don't get to give Mitsuo Iso and Madhouse my money for such an excellent series, and the show remains a fansub of dubious legality in my computer.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Chen wrote: »
    Kannagi continues to be hilarious.

And it turns out the director is the guy who got fired from Lucky Star after 4 episodes! :lol:

Great episode, even the translator's notes made me laugh.

juice for jesus on
    edited November 2008
    If it isn't licensed, I don't get to watch it with an English dub. Most importantly, I don't get to give Mitsuo Iso and Madhouse my money for such an excellent series, and the show remains a fansub of dubious legality in my computer.

OK, seriouspost time: chill out and wait.

DC's won enough prizes and awards that somebody has to have their eye on licensing it, but it's not popular enough to shit money like Gurren Lagann. Once the US economy evens out I'm sure it will be picked up. If we're lucky, it'll be licensed by a real quality company like Disney.

If you're desperate to give them money you can buy the soundtrack. Only $30 and worth it.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008

DC's won enough prizes and awards that somebody has to have their eye on licensing it, but it's not popular enough to shit money like Gurren Lagann. Once the US economy evens out I'm sure it will be picked up. If we're lucky, it'll be licensed by a real quality company like Disney.

If you're desperate to give them money you can buy the soundtrack. Only $30 and worth it.

I'm not super frustrated or anything, but I just thought it would have been licensed earlier considering the awards that it won. I just didn't know if there was some weird reason for not licensing it, such as it being too expensive or some such, but I am confident that it will be licensed sooner or later as you say.

And if it's Disney that licenses it, holy hell that would be awesome. And yes, I've bought the soundtrack and yes, it's really good.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    I stopped reading Naruto after
    Sasuke wtfpwned Deidara and Tobi had to come in and take him away. Seriously, all that just to reassert 'lawl Sasuke has dbz level powers' after Deidara came up with an awesome plan? I think the last part of Naruto that I really, really liked was Sakura+Chiyo against that puppet guy.

Does it stop being lame or something?

Read further, the manga starts to get pretty good around that point. At least as good as a manga about magical teenage ninjas can get.

Esspecially when they bring in the 8 tail.
    Sasuke basically dies about two times, only being brought back thanks to his team

The manga does not get better, it pretty much stays at the same mediocre level it has for the past year and the 8 tails fight was terrible pretty much for the exact reason you state that it was good.

edit:
    Naruto spoilers
    Also what is with authors killing off the cool characters and leaving terrible ones around. I'm all for killing people, but I'd prefer if the best characters weren't the ones to die.

Nah, Naruto's been pretty good of late, really. Let's see, what's happened since the Deidara/Sasuke fight:
    •Jiraya vs Pain was pretty nifty, albeit sad.
    •Sasuke vs Itachi was annoying in terms of all of the "no wait, it was an illusion" bits, but from a story sense, was solid
    •Killer Bee is fucking awesome. He's hilarious, and watching him kick Sasuke and his team's ass was delightful
    •The current Pain fight has been pretty good, as well

I mean, it's not One Piece, but it's certainly a tier above where it's been for most of the post-timeskip.

I find I need to wait 2-3 weeks for a few chapters of One Piece to come out before bothering to read them. Otherwise not enough happens in each one and the story gets boring.

Naruto:
    The Killer Bee fight was awesome until Sasuke pulled out his 'I win' ability which totally ruined the fight. The current Pain fight was pretty cool, but Kakashi and Jiraya were pretty much the only reasons I kept reading, though Naruto is becoming interesting again. Also I'm beginning to hate any use of clones.

Same thing with Claymore. The manga is pretty great, but it is ever so slow. Once a month plus whatever breaks the writer deems necessary. There was a break for, like, half a year once because the magazine that ran it went bust.

It seems even slower now that the writer is laying the foundation for the next big arc.

[EDIT] Damn, that's a long quote tree.

And now it is even longer.

I found the Naruto and Bleach mangas to hold up to weekly reading, and at least maintained some momentum chapter to chapter. One Piece I found to lose it all if you bothered to read weekly.

Comahawk on
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    edited November 2008

Is there anything though that would need to be edited or "Americanized" though?

Outside of Ghibli films, I don't exactly trust Disney to leave releases intact.

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Not really, there isn't much in the way of actual violence. Pretty sure there is no weird sexual stuff at all. It's sad at points, that's about it.

It shouldn't need much of anything.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Harble harble harble. This is why I can't about things I like in here, you all blurt out spoilers (Admittedly it can be my fault, since I said I read up to volume 20 when I'm really only up to 19). So back to talking about shows I'm sure you haven't seen or won't admit to watching. Or things I've already seen all of.

hey look, Strike Witches falls into all of those categories.
    Lanz wrote: »
    I like strike witches.

It's the other way around. People with magic have ears/tail pop out when they use their magic. And it's magic powering the leg things.

Why don't they wear pants?
    Wiki says:
    Striker Unit
    A pair of hybrid mechanical/magical propeller devices used by Witches for flight and worn over their legs. They are rigid, preventing movement of the knees and require close contact with the pilot's skin to activate, but can be disengaged on the field if needed. This is part of the reason the Witches do not wear pants while on standby (providing a vehicle for much of the series' fanservice.) When wearing a Striker a Witch's power is vastly increased, resulting in the constant manifestation of their animal ears and tails. It grants them the powers of high speed flight, increased physical abilities, and the ability to raise defensive shields. Strikers require high magical aptitude however and Witches who are either too weak or pass their prime cannot use them effectively. Each character's Striker is designed to resemble a type of World War II fighter plane.

Looks like all the young girls don't wear pants. The main character's mom and grandmother had long enough clothes to cover up. My reasoning for why they don't wear pants is because the models the show is probably based on didn't wear pants.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Has Disney licensed any anime series for domestic distribution?

As for why Denno Coil hasn't been licensed, I think it's because as good as it is, it isn't a balls to the wall action show or a slice of life comedy that seem to do the best here. If Geneon was still around I'm sure they would have licensed it, but I think part of the reason Geneon went under was because they were licensing all those sorts of shows and they weren't getting enough return on the investments.

DarkPrimus on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You specifically mean Series, and not movies like Miyazaki's stuff, right?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

As for why Denno Coil hasn't been licensed, I think it's because as good as it is, it isn't a balls to the wall action show or a slice of life comedy that seem to do the best here. If Geneon was still around I'm sure they would have licensed it, but I think part of the reason Geneon went under was because they were licensing all those sorts of shows and they weren't getting enough return on the investments.
    If DIgimon is any indication.....No. no DVDs what so fucking ever.

Clawshrimpy on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Blog post from the translator at GG who did Geass, about the show itself. It sums up the my feelings about the show very nicely.
    Koda wrote:
    Grengo and I had a convo the other day. It started like this:

[Grenji] Oh mia, your presence reminds me…..
    [Grenji] It took me a while, but I’ve finally come to the conclusion that R2 blew balls :|
    [Grenji] Some parts of it were entertaining, yeah, but for the most part it left a bad taste in my mouth v:
    [Grenji] It became one of those “watch it once, won’t watch it again” kind of things (~-.-)~

Later he wrote a wall of tl;dr on OT about his transformation as someone who really liked it, to someone who didn’t like it. After a month of not giving a shit about Geass, I felt inspired to do something like that too, but I failed pretty hard. After starting to write my tl;dr, I realized that I really just wanted to say that the best thing about Geass R2 wasn’t the anime itself, but the fans.

I didn’t like R2 for what it was and the reason why I kept watching is because it was so entertaining. What made it entertaining was not only the events of the show, but seeing people react to the events around me.

One of the shows I’ve been keeping up with is Detroit Metal City, a show about a metal band. Given what the show consists of, I never thought I would have liked something like it, but I love it, FUCK. A big part of DMC’s entertainment comes from the fictional band’s fans and how they’re portrayed in the anime. When they declared that little girl to be “Krauser-tan”, I fucking lost my shit. Even though the fictional fans of DMC aren’t real, seeing them overreact and make stuff up while Krauser does completely absurd shit reminds me of Geass Sundays.

Geass Sundays usually started at 12:50am for me in #gg. People gathered in IRC and opened up their stream links to watch Geass live. Some put it on before and would see bizarre Japanese commercials, like ones about curry that made you hungry. Then we saw the Geass logo in the bottom right corner, heard C.C. go into a speech of tl;dr, and mafiabot would shut up. We raged, laughed, baaawed together through text spam. Sometimes we’d mute the channel and it was still spammed to fuck. Following the 30min airing block, it was off to forums and 4chan for memes and shops and more reactions. Even if the episode itself was complete crap, someone somewhere would say something or make something that would make you laugh. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to re-watch Geass R2 because it’s not going to be the same without a Geass Sunday to go along with it.

I’ve been watching Detroit Metal City. It’s about a metal band and I find it quite funny. The main character, Negishi, is a wannabe pop star at heart, who performs on stage as the metal demon Krauser II in a named that shares the same name as the anime title. As Krauser, Negishi does unintentionally hilarious stuff, and the fans react to it and make up legends about it. When Krauser trips and swings his guitar a cop’s head, was it an accident? Yeah, but to the fans? Naw. To the fans, this is some monumental moment in history because motherfuckin’ Johannes Krauser the 2nd is hitting a cop with his guitar. He obviously meant to do this. It is keikaku doori. And the hardcore fans of DMC love this shit. DMC’s comedy is reliant on the unintentional actions of Negishi. Even though it’s unintentional to the characters, it is intentional of the authors of DMC.

The relationship of the fans reacting to the unintentional and making up bullshit about it is largely representative of how the fandom as a group was about Geass R2. The things that we focused on as a fandom was the unintentional comedy of Code Geass. Gunna be honest, Code Geass is not an intentionally comedic anime. Things we found funny, like Suzaku’s spinkick and Lelouch’s fabulous theatrics, while they are not mundane, were made a large deal of by the fandom simply because you feel the bathos. Bathos is that moment in which the unintentional lulz clashes with the srsbsns, and then it’s downhill into Photoshop land. Other things we found funny, like Kannon’s fucking hat and penguins in example, are in reality extremely mundane and normal things that mean nothing, but they get emphasized because of their setting. This is Code Geass, a show in which Suzaku can apparently seriously run up walls and spinkick, thus they become un-mundane.

This is something that you can’t refute because it’s true. It’s how the fandom behaved during R2. In order to refute it, you would have to go back in time and change the fandom. Good luck.

In DMC, no fan questions the bullshit. They all accept it and think to themselves, “FUCK YEAH KRAUSER!!11″ Would the fans in DMC be able to accept that their God Krauser is really a soft voiced wannabe pop guy on the inside? That all of his “legendary acts” were random and unintentional? No one would take Negishi seriously if he came as himself and said, “Hey I’m Krauser.”

Similarly, Code Geass’s unintentional hilarity basically does the same thing to its fans. How are you supposed to take this series seriously, and for what it is, when you find a lot of things about it just fucking hilarious and/or outright stupid? This sets up a mindset.

Plutonium on
    edited November 2008
    You specifically mean Series, and not movies like Miyazaki's stuff, right?

That would be why I used the word series, yes.

Outside of the Studio Ghibli agreement, what have they released domestically?

DarkPrimus on
    edited November 2008
    Lanz wrote: »
    Is there anything though that would need to be edited or "Americanized" though?

Outside of Ghibli films, I don't exactly trust Disney to leave releases intact.

Depending on what age group it targets, some of the lines might get changed. I just can't see "stop touching me, you pervert" surviving in a US release.
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Disney licensed Digimon, and they broadcast a few more series on channels they own. The thing is I just can't think of another series like Denno Coil; it's rare for a series to have such high production quality, and those that do are aimed at adults. That's why it's so often compared to Ghibli movies.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    Simply broadcasting is different than selling DVDs at retail.

DarkPrimus on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    http://gizmodo.com/5063902/japanese-gundam-slippers-make-giant-robot-noises I'm just sad it obviously won't be available in GIANT GAIJIN SIZE

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited November 2008
    Oh man I bet they make a size that fits me.

DarkPrimus on
  • ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The latest chapter of ouran high ends on a cliffhanger.

THE PLOT THICKENS

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I bought the Planetes boxset last weekend and it is super awesome. But the last two episodes on disc 2 refuse to play... aarrrgghhh. Must have completion! I have another DVD player to try it on... maybe it works.

Falx on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Taken from the Presidential thread:

u544.jpg

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So... um....

Anybody knows when Hellsing Ultimate 5 comes out?

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
    edited November 2008
    Just finished Macross 7, and while it was a glorious battle and a fitting bookend to the series, I can't shake the feeling that the original Super Dimensional Fortress Macross was so much better, as well as Macross Plus. Macross Zero is...okay, but it didn't really have that compelling a story and/or songs.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Just finished Macross 7, and while it was a glorious battle and a fitting bookend to the series, I can't shake the feeling that the original Super Dimensional Fortress Macross was so much better, as well as Macross Plus. Macross Zero is...okay, but it didn't really have that compelling a story and/or songs.

I don't think you're reaching to say the original and Plus were both better, they were. At the same time, Basara is pretty rad and the music is pretty good in 7, though once again I would say Plus at least has better music.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Taken from the Presidential thread:

u544.jpg

ff11c5e470ab081bebf05b1vb8.jpg

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
This discussion has been closed.