As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So I have mono

GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM!ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Last Thursday I was diagnosed with mononucleosis (however you spell it) after two or three days of pain behind the ears when swallowing. So the last two days have been spent with me in bed eating nothing but popsicles, yogurt, and soup, and drinking nothing but water, apple juice, and milkshakes.

I am currently prescribed some Tylenol 3 coated with... codene I think it's called? Anyways, I also have a rinsing solution to gargle with every few hours to supposedly numb my throat, therefore relieving the pain of swallowing.

Now I have found that both of these offer temporary (if any) relief at all. My tonsils are swollen to the size of grapefruits and they are covered in white... shit (look up tonsillitis on wikipedia to get an idea of what my mouth looks like. Keep in mind mine's worse).

I was looking if any of you intelligent people have suffered my fate and have any remedies that... well, work. I'm not looking for a cure, I know that I just need to ride it out and hopefully it'll go away relatively soon. But my god the stuff I was prescribed only does the trick so well. My mom suggested gargling with warm salt-water, and I might try that later.

Thanks a ton guys.

GreasyKidsStuff on

• Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think your mom's advice is probably best. Unfortunately, the only permanent fix is actually getting better. The only solutions to the throat pain are going to be temporary. You can always call your doctor, explain your pain, and maybe they can call in a different prescription for you that may work better.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mono sucks, my sister had it she also got a fever though and was always extremely tired. The problem with mono is once you get it your a lot more vunrable to a second time. She was in university to when she got it and couldn't miss class.

Dixon on
  • Options
    Drew_9999Drew_9999 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Couldn't miss class? When I had it, I could barely make it to the bathroom. When I got back in bed, I would be exhausted from the exertion of walking down the hall and back. There's no way I could have made it to class!

MH79, all I ate was toast, which sounds like it would be an awful thing to swallow but really isn't, and burning hot soup. It would be so hot that it would be painful on my lips and in my mouth, but when it hit my throat... oooohh, so good. I started off drinking really hot tea, too, but got tired of making it and just drank really hot water. Not only is the hot stuff much easier to swallow, it helps kill the infection. I felt a hell of a lot better after three days of that, plus bed rest. Don't get out of bed unless you have to. Good luck!

Drew_9999 on
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh my god toast? Yeah that does sound awful, but maybe I should give it a shot. And hot soup really is pretty wonderful, never thought about how it kills the infection though. Thanks for the tips. Hopefully I can kick this thing in the ass before a concert I'm going to next Friday.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MH79 wrote: »
    Oh my god toast? Yeah that does sound awful, but maybe I should give it a shot. And hot soup really is pretty wonderful, never thought about how it kills the infection though. Thanks for the tips. Hopefully I can kick this thing in the ass before a concert I'm going to next Friday.

If anyone is depending on you to go to that show, figure out a plan B now in case you can't make it. You're probably going to be down for the count for the first couple of weeks, and you'll be pretty puny for a month or two. :/

wasted pixels on
  • Options
    TrowizillaTrowizilla Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mono is awful. :( I'm sorry.

When the doctor told you to rest, he meant it. Don't plan on going to a concert, don't plan on doing anything. You need to basically sleep and eat for about a month or you're likely to relapse. I moved to a different state at the tail end of mono and it was a terrible, terrible idea. Stay in bed, nap whenever you feel tired, eat soft foods, and drink lots and lots of peppermint tea.

If it's at all possible, go stay with your mom for a little while and get taken care of. That's what moms are for!

Trowizilla on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Next Friday? Sorry man, it's not likely. From what I understand, my recovery was very fast. But even though I was up and about after three days, I still had to take it easy and get plenty of rest. Going to a concert is asking for a relapse.

Drew_9999 on
  • Options
    DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I would cancel going to the concert now. The recovery can take a long time.

A little background on mono, if you haven't looked it up yet. I had my tonsils taken out when I was six years old, so I didn't have them when I had mono. But what I can tell you is that the biggest danger is really the spleen. It can swell pretty large, and the biggest danger is that it can rupture. Hence you need to rest and don't exert yourself. In my case, my liver got part of the infection too, which made it very hard to eat anything.

Eat liquid and soft food. I know it sounds like it might hurt, but some non-diet soda might help to keep some sugar (and thus energy) in your body. Cottage cheese or yogurt should be fairly easy to swallow and get some protein in your body, but be careful of anything fatty as it can put more of a strain on your liver which is already probably working pretty hard.

Dalboz on
  • Options
    RNEMESiS42RNEMESiS42 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    When I had mono, the worst of it only lasted maybe a week and a half. I was sleeping in late with a terrible fever, feeling extremely hot all the time. I think I had a little pain in the ears. I've had fevers before, but this was pretty bad, so I drove myself to the doctor. When I got there they said my temperature really wasn't that high, and they did the blood test for mono. I guess the worst of it was before I went to the doctor. After that I took it easy. Had bad headaches and coughing, but my fever-like symptoms went away.
    I missed a week of University, but I made up for it with a doctors note.
    I even went back to work, because it's impossible for someone to replace your shift and I needed money. It was right when I was at the tail end of the symptoms, so by my next shift the next weekend I was pretty much all better.
    I get sick all the time, but that's because my tonsils need to go, but for some reason mono's symptoms didn't last that long at all for me.

RNEMESiS42 on
    my apartment looks upside down from there
    water spirals the wrong way out the sink
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, cancel the concert. Ruptured spleen=not good. Try apple cider vinegar for the throat.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    If something is hot enough to kill an infection it will also probably be hot enough to cook your skin and organs, just saying.

And I agree you might have to skip the concert. The more you exert yourself the longer the recovery process will be.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll see where I'm at partway through the week, but guys, this isn't really a concert where I'm going to be throwing myself around in a mosh pit. I am pretty sure I will be sitting and/or standing for the majority of it.

The fact of the matter is that all of this is bad timing cuz Friday is the concert, and Saturday is my 18th birthday :( And in good ol' Alberta, once you're 18 you're good to booze. Legally.

Yeah this is shitty timing.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm sure you've realized this already, but drinking is not something you should be doing for the next few weeks. The timing absolutely blows, I know, but don't give into the temptation.

When you've got mono, you've just gotta suck it up and let it do its thing. Rest assured the REALLY shitty part will be over soon enough, but consider yourself down and out for the count for quite a while.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll see where I'm at partway through the week, but guys, this isn't really a concert where I'm going to be throwing myself around in a mosh pit. I am pretty sure I will be sitting and/or standing for the majority of it.

The fact of the matter is that all of this is bad timing cuz Friday is the concert, and Saturday is my 18th birthday :( And in good ol' Alberta, once you're 18 you're good to booze. Legally.

Yeah this is shitty timing.

It is shitty timing, but you have no idea how many times I've seen this play out. Its either their 18th birthday or their 21st birthday and they either have mono or the flu. Also you're not going to that concert mate. Mono can take weeks to months to run its course. When my mom had it she missed an entire semester of her senior year of high school. The last person I knew that had it was out for six weeks. These are somewhat extreme cases, but being out of it for a month is not uncommon.

Shogun on
  • Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mono sucks, but remember this is one of the few times in your life you actually have a venomous bite. Enjoy that at least.

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    Bwah?Bwah? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I concur with all statements prior to this post, these fellows here have given some great information.

I'd also like to agree with them on the topic of no booze, no concert, no physical exertion..take it easy.

When I had mono it was awful, I made it through with minimal talking, gargling salt water, honey/lemon concentrate, popcicles, throat numbing medication, medication, and lots and lots of sleep.

Keep in mind mono has been known to have lingering effects for up to 3 months after it's "over"

As for food I recommend cottage cheese.
    Also, stay away from toast..that's just lunacy.

Bwah? on
    MGSsig.jpg
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bwah? wrote: »
    Also, stay away from toast..that's just lunacy.

The reason people are recommending toast is that it's part of the standard 'BRAT' diet for people with sick stomachs: bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. It's one of the foods that I would generally recommend to a sick person. I agree that it might not work very well for the OP, but the best advice I would give is to just try it and see how it goes down.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    LackadaisicalLackadaisical Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I found a bump on my throat and went to the hospital the next day...I had mono. Was great, hadn't kissed anyone in a year and I got the "kissing disease." Fun fact; turns out the bump was unrelated. I had mono and cancer! wooo, but my mono was much weaker, I think. I felt like shit all of the time, could barely stand and didn't want to but no swelling of the tonsil's or lymphnodes, just a shitty sore throat. About two weeks of doing nothing and I was better. You'll start feeling better, don't worry, just take it easy.

Lackadaisical on
    It's a warm feeling when you realize that people share your views...
    mrt144 wrote: »
    Sandra Lee and Rachel Ray raped food.
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    On the bright side, congratulations on the way you probably concieved mono

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    DrFrylockDrFrylock Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I got mono not from kissing anybody (yay) and it was a very large pain in the ass...and the throat. Swallowing was so painful that I ended up not being able to sleep for more than an hour a time because the pain would wake me up. I got misdiagnosed twice before they finally told me I had mono. At that point I pushed and they gave me a prescription for something called viscous lidocaine, which is just what it sounds like. It's a flavorless syrup that is a contact anesthetic. THAT, plus a steady supply of Italian Ices for between rounds, was able to numb my throat to the point where I could sleep for 4+ hours again.

DrFrylock on
  • Options
    RNEMESiS42RNEMESiS42 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    DrFrylock wrote: »
    I got mono not from kissing anybody (yay) and it was a very large pain in the ass...and the throat. Swallowing was so painful that I ended up not being able to sleep for more than an hour a time because the pain would wake me up. I got misdiagnosed twice before they finally told me I had mono. At that point I pushed and they gave me a prescription for something called viscous lidocaine, which is just what it sounds like. It's a flavorless syrup that is a contact anesthetic. THAT, plus a steady supply of Italian Ices for between rounds, was able to numb my throat to the point where I could sleep for 4+ hours again.

That sucks that you got misdiagnosed. They did the bloodtest right then and there, and I knew I had mono within fifteen minutes.

RNEMESiS42 on
    my apartment looks upside down from there
    water spirals the wrong way out the sink
  • Options
    DrFrylockDrFrylock Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    "I'd say mono, but you're what, 28? That's too old to have mono. We don't need to do a test."

*cough*bullshit*cough*

DrFrylock on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I caught mono from my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend. This is not as scandalous as it sounds; she was friends with my roommate, used my glasses, and put them back without washing them.

Actual advice: you can get sore throat spray over-the-counter (I like Vicks) that temporarily numbs your tonsils enough to get food down and get to sleep. You shouldn't be using it constantly, but it was a lifesaver for me.

Trowizilla on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    If something is hot enough to kill an infection it will also probably be hot enough to cook your skin and organs, just saying.
    Your body raises your temperature when you get an infection in order to kill the infection. Just a few degrees helps. I wasn't suggesting that the OP burn himself, just that eating and drinking things that are really hot will be easy to swallow and help kill the infection.When you have mono, those two things are top priority.

Drew_9999 on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Deal with it, and hope your spleen doesn't explode.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    That's another thing. I am DEFINITELY taking the next few days off work, until I touch base with my doctor again. I don't need to rupture my spleen unloading the truck full of merchandise (work the warehouse at Canadian Tire).

Any tips on the whole sleeping thing? Someone mentioned earlier they woke up every hour or so, I am definitely suffering from that. Usually every two hours. And since that's the minimum time I can leave between mouth rinses, I usually get up and gargle for a minute. And every four hours I take a painkiller. But I still wake up with my mouth feeling like somebody took a shit in it and my ears still hurt :(:(:( One thing I've noticed though, I'm not really suffering from the fatigue that I should supposedly be feeling. I was up and about this morning showering and feeling better than I've felt the last few days, minus the ears.

In other news, I may also have a sinus infection. The doc originally prescribed antibiotics last Tuesday, which I think was for such a situation, but when we found I had mono, he took me off of them. Now I've gone through a box of kleenex in three days. Ugh.

Kill me.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    CristoCristo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Drink spirits. I'm talking tequila, brandy, vodka, whiskey etc.

Something that's really rough, because that is really good at killing off an infection and lessening the pain. Ok don't get absolutely rat-arsed but you get the picture.

Actually, if you can get your hands on some Ferna Branca. To my knowledge it's an Italian spirit, that sorts you out right quick.

Take one shot of it, and then half an hour later take another shot of it. It's not going to cure you (at least it shouldn't, it might) but it'll definitely make you feel somewhat better.

Cristo on
  • Options
    Dark MoonDark Moon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Cristo wrote: »
    Drink spirits. I'm talking tequila, brandy, vodka, whiskey etc.

Something that's really rough, because that is really good at killing off an infection and lessening the pain. Ok don't get absolutely rat-arsed but you get the picture.

Actually, if you can get your hands on some Ferna Branca. To my knowledge it's an Italian spirit, that sorts you out right quick.

Take one shot of it, and then half an hour later take another shot of it. It's not going to cure you (at least it shouldn't, it might) but it'll definitely make you feel somewhat better.

This is bad advice. Don't do this.

Depending on what antibioitics and what painkillers he's on, this goes from a bad idea to a phenomenally bad idea. Chances are at least one of the two drugs is already doing a number on his liver, and drinking when your liver is down is not good. Regardless, gargling salt water is far more effective than socking back shots of hard liquor.

Dark Moon on
    3072973561_de17a80845_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well again guys, this is what my doctor's for, haha :lol: Some good news though, the white shit on my tonsils definitely went down a ton today. So... I guess it's cleaning up? They're still swollen though. Hopefully that'll start to go down. I think it's the saltwater that helps, I think it's actually working unlike my numbing mouth rinse.

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Traditional Medicinals makes a tea called Throat Coat. Its very oily so it lubricates your throat. It also helps with the pain.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    BeefjerkyBeefjerky Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I got mono about 2 years ago (was 21 at the time) and I had it brutal. I looked in the mirror and the gap between my tonsils was about |--| big. My advice would be avoid anything acidic and pokey or scratchy. I made the mistake of having raspberrys in my first shake and it tore the shit out of my throat. Warm soft foods are good. Try and get lots of food in you because it takes a lot for your body to fight stuff like this. And the advice of the spleen is a good one, it can stay swollen for a good 6-8 weeks after the nasty throat stuff is gone. It also took me months to get over the fatigue I had after mono.

Mono is a viral infection and your body will eventually get used to just having it around. It is similar to the chicken pox for example where it says in your blood for the rest of your life but your body develops an immunity and stops reacting to it.

Best you can do is tough it out. Take some painkillers (mine stopped working after 3 days) eat and sleep if you can. Sleep will get you over it faster and you are blissfully unconscious and unaware of the pain.

Good luck!

Beefjerky on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That's another thing. I am DEFINITELY taking the next few days off work, until I touch base with my doctor again. I don't need to rupture my spleen unloading the truck full of merchandise (work the warehouse at Canadian Tire).

Any tips on the whole sleeping thing? Someone mentioned earlier they woke up every hour or so, I am definitely suffering from that. Usually every two hours. And since that's the minimum time I can leave between mouth rinses, I usually get up and gargle for a minute. And every four hours I take a painkiller. But I still wake up with my mouth feeling like somebody took a shit in it and my ears still hurt :(:(:( One thing I've noticed though, I'm not really suffering from the fatigue that I should supposedly be feeling. I was up and about this morning showering and feeling better than I've felt the last few days, minus the ears.

In other news, I may also have a sinus infection. The doc originally prescribed antibiotics last Tuesday, which I think was for such a situation, but when we found I had mono, he took me off of them. Now I've gone through a box of kleenex in three days. Ugh.

Kill me.

You are going to sleep non-stop. You're going to barely be able to move. Depending on how fast you recover, expect to be sick and out of work from anywhere near 1 week to 4(+!) months. It sucks, but you do not want to have major surgery because your spleen exploded from lifting a 3 lb box.

Drink plenty of fluid, and slurp some soup. You'll have a hard time eating anything solid for the duration of your mono.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh god, reading this thread gave me flashbacks. I had very severe mono in my second year of undergrad.

Cancel all your engagements in the foreseeable future and do not do any drinking whatsoever until you are recovered. Even if alcohol doesn't interact with your medication - which could kill you - it impairs your immune system and that is the absolute last thing you want right now.

Do not engage in any physical exertion. Your spleen is swollen and will probably get worse, you don't want it rupturing (a very real danger).

The throat pain is intense for a limited time, but the exhaustion will likely be around at varied levels for a month or more. You're going to be going to be early for a while.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It absolutely kills you. I had a very mild case but I've heard of people having it for a year or more. Those are the people who usually go "I'm sick but I need to go to work" and risk getting others sick and are generally stupid about their health.

Take time off work. Any job that won't give you time off because you're sick with mono is not a job worth having. Realistically, you can expect about a week or two of downtime, but it's absolutely not uncommon to be out for half a year, or more. Also, the fatigue, depending on your overall health, could last many, many, many months more.

In short. Rest, Drink, Eat, Sleep, No work until you're 100% better. People who go to work that aren't 100% better but they "feel good enough" often relapse.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    codetrapcodetrap Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I caught mono in college, and almost died from it. Well, almost died from the secondary effect. Not being able to swallow, I lost a ton of weight, and got to the point where I was so dehydrated the nurses had a hard time taking blood. When I was finally checked into the hospital, they put me on IV with an elastic band around the bags to force fluids into me.

Now, I ended up dropping out of college, and spent 3 months lounging around home feeling miserable and sick. It was so bad that it was all I could do to walk down to my computer and chat on irc.. I'd sleep on and off all day in that chair, then my mom would help me back to bed.

What she ended up feeding me that was an old ukrainian folk remedy was beet and apple juice. She took one part beet, and 3 part apples and pureed them in the juicer, then I drank that. It didn't do anything for the pain, but it gave me a good nutrient boost.

As to the alcohol idea, that's just lunacy. Mono makes your liver and spleen swell. Do you really think you want to put more work on something that's already getting the shit kicked out of it?

For the sore throat I just used a ton of that numbing throat spray. The doctor also gave me a prescription of toradol.. that helped too, of course, then I couldn't feel anything at all..

Really really take care of yourself. The single worst night of my life was lying in the hospital in the middle of the night staring at the tracheotomy kit they left in my room because my throat was so swollen that I'd choke on my tonsils everytime I drifted off to sleep. Sleep deprived for 4 days, sick, in the hospital, and thinking that at any moment they're going to rush in and cut my throat open... yuck.

Take it easy, and get better.

codetrap on
    < insert witty comment here>
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Abso-fucking-lutely, as doing anything other than eating or sleeping will exacerbate the situation by tons.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Even if you're feeling better now, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT take that as license to get back to your old routine. You're still very sick and exertion can send you back into miserable-and-dying or even kill you with a burst spleen.

Take it easy for at least a couple of months. I moved after 2 months of having mono — thought I was over it — and ended up relapsing hardcore. It took me another three or four months of sleeping 16 hours a day and being exhausted the rest of the time before I felt okay again. Whatever you want to do, it's not worth it.

Trowizilla on
  • Options
    Sheep Have WoolSheep Have Wool Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You need to discuss your job with your doctor. And you need to absolutely not go to that concert. I had a friend who almost died from a ruptured spleen that was caused by mono.

He got it, and he started to feel better after about a week. After another week, he had essentially returned to his typical, fairly active schedule. He went out to a concert one night and played a game of basketball another day. At the end of the week, he got to take an ambulance ride from work when his spleen ruptured and it needed to be removed.

Despite it being relatively common, this is a pretty serious illness. Don't do anything stupid like go right back to work lifting heavy objects and/or bouncing around at a concert. Also, drinking while you're sick is perhaps the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard, even aside from the possible interactions with medications.

Rest and keep your internal organs internal.

When I had it (missing year 2000 New Year's Eve parties!), I felt horrible for a couple weeks, then was tired for the next month. Extremely hot/cold liquids were great, as was soup.

Sheep Have Wool on
  • Options
    DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Trowizilla wrote: »
    Even if you're feeling better now, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT take that as license to get back to your old routine. You're still very sick and exertion can send you back into miserable-and-dying or even kill you with a burst spleen.

Take it easy for at least a couple of months. I moved after 2 months of having mono — thought I was over it — and ended up relapsing hardcore. It took me another three or four months of sleeping 16 hours a day and being exhausted the rest of the time before I felt okay again. Whatever you want to do, it's not worth it.

This! Seriously, you need to take a couple of months because it take that long to really heal, even if you are feeling better, or your tonsils are clearing up as you mentioned. Relapsing sucks, because if it's still part of the initial infection, the relapse takes long to recover from, usually because you did something like exerting yourself unnecessarily which did some damage which now has to be healed.

As Trowizilla mentioned in her story before to, keep in mind that you likely very contagious right now, so going out is putting other people at risk, too. Plus, your immune system is compromised as is, so are at high-risk level for secondary infections.

Dalboz on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I got mono in February and was sick for a week with minor flu like symptoms, I wouldn't have even known it was mono if it weren't for the fact that I got worried when my entire body was aching and went to the doctor for a blood test. All I needed to do was take a week off and relax. I stayed in bed and did the normal sick thing. I was out and about in less than 10 days. Been fine ever since.

VisionOfClarity on