Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Converting Videos to iPod Format

TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Alright. I've tried looking myself, and I haven't been able to find anything all that great.

What I need is a program that will let me: select multiple videos (AVI/MPEG), then compress/convert all of them to iPod format as I go do something else.

I've found some that work, but as I just realized, it didn't compress them at all. So, what I ended up with was full-size video that was perfectly playable on my iPod, but took up over a gigabyte.

What do you guys use?

Taximes on

• spacerobotspacerobot Registered User
    edited September 2008
    I use videora ipod converter. It seems to work pretty well, although sometimes the image will get really bright/white for a couple of minutes.

test.jpg
  • RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Handbrake does that, I think, although I've never used it for that purpose.

• EverywhereasignEverywhereasign Registered User
    edited September 2008
    You didn't mention an OS. I'm guessing you mean windows, but I'll throw this out for OS X users.

iSquint, very nice and clean. Converts anything into mp4. Settings for optimizing for ipod or TV. Simple drag and drop interface with the option to automatically add to iTunes when done. Great for batch processing.

"What are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Batman!"
  • grungeboxgrungebox Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    xvid4psp works very well for your purposes, and no it does not convert only to PSP format nor does it only handle XVID files.

Quail is just hipster chicken