Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WAR]: White Cloaks are the New Black

MorskittarMorskittar Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in MMO Extravaganza
WARHAMMER ONLINE: AGE OF RECKONING

Penny Arcade currently has a number of guilds:

Candymancers on Order, an organization of Holy Servants of Sigmar, short drunken men and Wise, Ancient Masters of War. ON AVERHEIM
The Six Mouths on Destruction, a useless mob of ne'er-do-wells and vile miscreants. ON ULTHUAN

/who candymancers or /who the six mouths to find a member and ask to join or /chan candymancers or /chan TSM and a guild representative will be right with you!

Obsidian Spur: an EU Destruction guild on Karak Eight Peaks.

Limed for European awesomeness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKOhzfkCdbY
That should be all we need in way of introduction, at this point.

Information and Random Cool Stuff

For more information, watch the podcasts.

For PA impressions, and whatnot, check out the WAR FAQ thread.

Great webpage with Maps.

Adding this by request, and because it's generally kickass and useful.
Akira wrote: »
Alright since this seems to bring up a lot of questions I have compiled an FAQ and location guide for the first two tiers of Renown gear.

Renown Gear and You: What is it and where do I get it?

"Renown Gear" is armor and weapons you can buy from certain vendors that has both a level and Renown rank requirement, usually the Renown rank requirement is about 2/3rds of your actual level (so it would take level 9 and Renown rank 6 for example). Also, as of September 7th, some T2 Renown gear has the wrong stats (the Magus at least) and this will presumably be fixed in the future (hopefully soon). The 10/6 gear from the last preview weekend is gone, it was intended for use in an old test phase and was left in accidentally. Similar gear is available now from 11/7 to 16/11

Where to get it:

The first number refers to level requirement, the second is Renown rank requirement (i.e. 11/7 means you need level 11 and Renown rank 7). The "sets" aren't really sets and don't have bonuses or anything but they represent a loose tiering of gear. Common is "white" gear, Uncommon is "green" gear.

T1 Zones
the first "set" is sold in both the starter quest hub area and the Warcamp, while the second set is sold only at the Warcamp.

First "set"

2/1: Boots (Common)

3/2: Gloves and Accessory 1 (Common)

4/2: Belt, Accessory 2 and Weapon/Shield (Common)

5/3: Body and Accessory 3 (Common)

Second "set"

6/4: Boots (Uncommon)

7/4: Gloves and Accessory 1 (Uncommon)

8/5: Belt, Accessory 2 and Weapon/Shield (Uncommon)

9/6: Body and Accessory 3 (Uncommon)

T2 Zones
bought at the top floor of PvP area Keeps.

First "set"

11/7: Boots (Uncommon)

12/8: Gloves and Belt (Uncommon)

13/9: Shoulders and Accessory 1 (Uncommon)

14/9: Body, Accessory 2 and Weapon/Shield (Uncommon)

15/10: Accessory 3 (Uncommon)

16/11: Helm (Common)

Second "set"

16/11: Boots (Uncommon)

17/11: Gloves and Belt(Uncommon)

18/12: Shoulder and Accessory 1(Uncommon)

19/13: Helm, Accessory 2 and Weapon/Shield (Uncommon)

20/14: Body and Accessory 3 (Uncommon)

21/14: Cloak (Common)

NERD STUFF

Start here for Warhammer Lore

A guide to Warhammer books
And now for something completely different...
Spoiler:

Morskittar on
snm_sig.jpg

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Cap's Kooky Quartet Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    BEAST! wrote: »
    is this a game i should buy or a game for magets?

I advise against letting magnets play, as they might damage some of your hardware.

"Well, look at this. Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What's that make us?"
    "Big Damn Heroes, Sir."
    "Ain't we just."
  • ArthilArthil Henchman 21 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You're a maget if you don't buy it.

Youtube PSN: Honishimo GW2: Akeche.4867 Steam FitocracyCwcuLUM.jpg
  • Fig-DFig-D Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What's it like? I hear you can
    Spoiler:
    How do you get back?

I didn't get the chance to reply to this before, but yes, yes you can. I didn't think it was scary, and it will automatically port you back to the IC after about 10 seconds.

If anyone was curious about the Winds of Chaos portal in the IC, here are the warps I've gotten so far:
    Spoiler:

I've got pictures of all of these areas expect the tiny village that I may share later when I'm not stuck at work.

WeskerSig.jpg
    SteamID - Fig-D :: Xbox Live - Fig D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The DAoC area is the front of Camelot.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, D3: Brainling#1998, NintendoID: Brainling
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wait,where are those "winds of chaos"???

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If you announce to several zones that you are forming a warband to take keeps, they will join you. Everyone loves a good bandwagon, especially if it leads to Keep Lord Treasure chests. People also love a good meatgrinder.

Hrin - Eve Online
  • kaliyamakaliyama Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Klyka wrote: »

You have to eat the quest item "chaos burrito"

fwKS7.png?1
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    hazywater wrote: »
    If you announce to several zones that you are forming a warband to take keeps, they will join you. Everyone loves a good bandwagon, especially if it leads to Keep Lord Treasure chests. People also love a good meatgrinder.

As an aside, one of the reasons I don't complain about keep loot is that I've walked into a siege just as the lord died. Like literally got one regular melee hit on him.

Then won a fucking gold bag.

With an Obliterator Carapace.

I ke-ke-ke'd then ran back to tier one where I sat around staring at the bag until level 19.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited October 2008
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Thank you. Changed and credit given.
    There's a portal behind the giant arena in the IC that's reachable by jumping across the floating rocks. There are some other Easter Eggs leading up to it as well, like a Dread Sentry poking a man who is holding on the the edge of a floating rock with his sword.

WeskerSig.jpg
  • AeonfellAeonfell Registered User
    edited October 2008
    My lag seems down in Tor Anroc...

But Destro still gets it instantly every time, even if I perfectly sprint I pop on the mountain face first into like 5 destro, just, y'know, volcano chillin'.

I'm pissed no visable helmet fix, though.... MY ELF-CONE SHAMES ME. (but is getting slowly cooler)

Also, make sure you dudes fix your tab targetting to "cycle target". It's the supposed improved version, and seems ok so far... it's nowhere near the other targetting binds, it's up top.

• RyokazeRyokaze Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Aeonfell wrote: »

But Destro still gets it instantly every time, even if I perfectly sprint I pop on the mountain face first into like 5 destro, just, y'know, volcano chillin'.

I'm pissed no visable helmet fix, though.... MY ELF-CONE SHAMES ME. (but is getting slowly cooler)

Do you have a second person in the game with you that has a standard out, and are you sprinting exactly 10 seconds before you reach the bauble (not earlier)?

If one or both of those are not true, then you're not doing it right.

• AeonfellAeonfell Registered User
    edited October 2008
    I've seen Destro with standards beat us there. Usually, not. Unless they're hiding that shit in a squig.

• rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ryokaze wrote: »
    Aeonfell wrote: »

Do you have a second person in the game with you that has a standard out, and are you sprinting exactly 10 seconds before you reach the bauble (not earlier)?

If one or both of those are not true, then you're not doing it right.

What difference does it make if you sprint early or late?

Other than having a standard anyway... With a standard I can understand, but without... ?

Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    What's it like? I hear you can
    Spoiler:
    How do you get back?

I didn't get the chance to reply to this before, but yes, yes you can. I didn't think it was scary, and it will automatically port you back to the IC after about 10 seconds.

If anyone was curious about the Winds of Chaos portal in the IC, here are the warps I've gotten so far:
    Spoiler:

I've got pictures of all of these areas expect the tiny village that I may share later when I'm not stuck at work.
    http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Winds_of_Chaos

there is the list...and the DAoC place is specifically Cotswold, starting town for Albion, right in front of Camelot

edited October 2008
    How we do it is we have our standard bitch whip it out well before the game starts, have everybody toe up to the invisible lololyougotportedback line, and then wait for the ground to shake to start running. Once we're past the drop off, the standard bearer begins stowing the standard so he's ready to fight by the time we get to the bauble. Once we're at the bottom of the hill past the first pillar, everybody pops sprint so that the effect ends just before we get to the bauble.

That's the optimum sequence of events to get there as fast as possible, which, as you'll note, means that the opposing side will never see your standard. What a lot of people don't realize is that if you have a standard, and you sprint as soon as the game starts, you lose a lot of speed because you'll easily outdistance your standard bearer, so you sprint for 10 seconds, then run normal speed the rest of the way.

This way you'll have the 25% boost from the standard for as long as possible, and still get full benefit from sprint.

edited October 2008
    There's a portal behind the giant arena in the IC that's reachable by jumping across the floating rocks. There are some other Easter Eggs leading up to it as well, like a Dread Sentry poking a man who is holding on the the edge of a floating rock with his sword.

By the way, why is IC so much INFINITELY COOLER than Altdorf?

"Well, look at this. Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What's that make us?"
    "Big Damn Heroes, Sir."
    "Ain't we just."
  • SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hmmm... all kinds of yummy fixes in 1.01. I will have to fire up the Herder to see if the pet stuff actually fixed anything.

But of course, people are still be irrational and screaming that they didn't fix enough. Some people just like to complain.

The funniest (over on WHA) was a guy crying because Mythic didn't fix his "critical error" problem. When his problem is very obviously on his machine (game crashes when trying to show the opening vid), he just can't figure out how to fix it.

And is it bad that I won a blue bag in a PQ yesterday... but took the green item? I didn't want the blue thing, but the green thing was a nice upgrade.

edited October 2008
    Selner wrote: »
    And is it bad that I won a blue bag in a PQ yesterday... but took the green item? I didn't want the blue thing, but the green thing was a nice upgrade.

Itemization for upper levels (at least for clothies) is complete balls right now, greens are better than purples, up is down, cats are befriending dogs, it's crazy out there!

• ScreamlineScreamline Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Accualt wrote:
    I hope they add a "Queue for All Scenarios" option to the window. I imagine most people would just click that and therefore we'd get more pops AND more variety.

There's a mod that does that.

edited October 2008
    Itemization for upper levels (at least for clothies) is complete balls right now, greens are better than purples, up is down, cats are befriending dogs, it's crazy out there!

Well, I'm only lvl12.
    But I'm using a lvl7 Staff (one of those broken staves that I repaired) that has +27 Int on it as my Waaagh!/PvE staff. I've got a +30 Will for my Healing/RvR staff.

The blue staff in the blue bag was only like +18 int, +10 init and +something willpower.
    I don't think I really care about the +10 init. Unless I'm wrong there.

edited October 2008
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Cause it's inevitable.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited October 2008

I think you already know.
    Spoiler:

Also, yeah, I didn't recognize the DAoC area as Cotswald because I only played Mids. I didn't even get that far either, but I had a Troll Berserker and a little Thane that I hardly used at all.

WeskerSig.jpg
    edited October 2008

Because it's Chaos.

But I was reading a list of the PQs available in Altdorf, they sounded kind of cool.
    The only PQ I've personally seen in the IC is the one with the Angered Souls.

edited October 2008

Well, I'm only lvl12.
    But I'm using a lvl7 Staff (one of those broken staves that I repaired) that has +27 Int on it as my Waaagh!/PvE staff. I've got a +30 Will for my Healing/RvR staff.

The blue staff in the blue bag was only like +18 int, +10 init and +something willpower.

Initiative is okay as a defensive stat, it doesn't seem to have quite the impact that wounds or toughness does unless you can stack a ton of it (as with any avoidance type stat.)

edited October 2008

Because it's Chaos.

But I was reading a list of the PQs available in Altdorf, they sounded kind of cool.

I've seen I think 5 PQs in IC. I've completed one. There's a level 20 one in the plagued area, a level 40 one inside the Monolith, and the level 40 berserk troll in the Arena. I forgot what the other one was, I think is was to kill Marauders so it may have been part two of the plague one.

WeskerSig.jpg
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ryokaze wrote: »

Well, I'm only lvl12.

Initiative is okay as a defensive stat, it doesn't seem to have quite the impact that wounds or toughness does unless you can stack a ton of it (as with any avoidance type stat.)

That's an illusion, though. If you increase your resistance to a damage type by 2%, it's the exact same thing as reducing your chance to be hit by moves of that type by 2%. Your overall damage taken will be almost identical. Where it makes a difference is that the toughness and wounds in this case are more reliable, since they're always there, where the initiative requires luck.

The example isn't perfect because initiative doesn't protect against the same stuff as T and W, but against anyone who isn't stacking crit chance, you can be sure their DPS is going to suffer against you due to the lack of big hits, and anyone who does focus on crit chance is generally going to get around anti-crit defense anyway.

• SaerisSaeris Chronogestaltist Trinity, New MexicoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    If you're fast enough, you can sprint out of the map boundaries in the frozen crater of the Winds of Change. Then it won't port you back, but you'll crater on the invisible bottom of the world and get ported back to your bind point anyway. This also works sometimes if you jump out of the crow's nest or the ships in the creepy mist mountain area, but instead of cratering way down below the world, you land in invisible water just below the lowest ship and die from falling damage anyway.

Nlgya.png
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    On another note, EU Karak Eight Peaks had it's first City siege on Altdorf. There may have been some bugs associated with it, as a fortress protecting Altdorf was bugged and did not do the job. Mythic may be looking at this since it allowed a city siege way earlier than their projections.

Massively.com has a story on it.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Because it's Chaos.

On the subject of Altdorf quests, I found a great one yesterday on my 27 Witch Hunter (I think it was part of a chain in Highpass). One of the Witch Hunters wandering around the city says she's heard rumors of marauder sympathizers in the Slums, and I should go question the peasants and root out the traitors.

As it turns out of course, no matter who you talk to in the slums, they're guilty and need burning.

Cog in the machine Cog Herder
    edited October 2008
    Saeris wrote: »
    If you're fast enough, you can sprint out of the map boundaries in the frozen crater of the Winds of Change. Then it won't port you back, but you'll crater on the invisible bottom of the world and get ported back to your bind point anyway. This also works sometimes if you jump out of the crow's nest or the ships in the creepy mist mountain area, but instead of cratering way down below the world, you land in invisible water just below the lowest ship and die from falling damage anyway.

I didn't know about getting out of the crater, but you can bet your ass I jumped out of the flying ship. It ported me on top of the rock, dead and drowned, floating in mid air.

WeskerSig.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    On another note, EU Karak Eight Peaks had it's first City siege on Altdorf. There may have been some bugs associated with it, as a fortress protecting Altdorf was bugged and did not do the job. Mythic may be looking at this since it allowed a city siege way earlier than their projections.

Finally I'm playing an MMO on a server that's not lightyears behind everyone else!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Finally I'm playing an MMO on a server that's not lightyears behind everyone else!

Now it's just us that are lightyears behind!

3DS: 4253 - 4088 - 1305
    Leader of the Flying Gym - Mach Badge.
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

But were you there?

On the ground with bullets whizzing by your head?

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    edited October 2008
    Malkor wrote: »

But were you there?

On the ground with bullets whizzing by your head?

I was.

Well, my account was.

Well... No I wasn't!

But at least I can say "haha I'm from an awesome server and you're not haha"

Also,we need mor guildies. Where all the european players at?

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited October 2008

Because it's Chaos.

On the subject of Altdorf quests, I found a great one yesterday on my 27 Witch Hunter (I think it was part of a chain in Highpass). One of the Witch Hunters wandering around the city says she's heard rumors of marauder sympathizers in the Slums, and I should go question the peasants and root out the traitors.

As it turns out of course, no matter who you talk to in the slums, they're guilty and need burning.

Well, duh. They're not paying taxes.

"Big Damn Heroes, Sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    edited October 2008

Because it's Chaos.

Well, duh. They're not paying taxes.

I can relate to their methods!

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • MorskittarMorskittar Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

The setting may be, but Altdorf has way more character:

When walking the slums of Altdorf, *never* attempt to help young women screaming about "beasts in my house", unless you feel sufficiently confidient in your sword arm.

Also, do not touch the man's beer.

Also, according to Mythic, blue items are not supposed to be better than green. One is lesser benefit to more stats, the other is more focused with better benefits.

snm_sig.jpg
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah I've noticed that blue items have like +5 to all stats instead of green, which is like +40 wounds/toughness/initiative/whatever. Also green can be like +20 to 2 stats.

Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
    edited October 2008
    But blue items do typically have more armor than green items at the same level. They seem to have the armor of a green item two level higher.

WeskerSig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.