As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Comic Thread for October 3rd, 2008

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Defender wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »
    I drink lots of water.

You know, it's so simple to drink water, and it's almost always the correct answer. It's amazing that people drink these godawful energy drinks. Like, it takes all this technology to create the things, and they're fucking terrible for you, and they're expensive as hell, yet people drink that shit. Goddamn retards.
    Pretty much all they've got going for them is they're instant. As opposed to water, which you have to sit down and drink for 30 seconds to get the mana out of.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    But they have electrolytes!

jwalk on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    jwalk wrote: »
    But they have electrolytes!

It's what plants crave!

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i'll grab an energy drink if i'm pulling an all-nighter, and that's about it
    i try to avoid them

potatoe on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    A Scone in the Dork!

Also, on avocados, I dislike them raw and unfettered, but guacamole is good.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    NijhazerNijhazer Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Today's comic was excellent-- primarily because of the third panel. I'll bet that this third panel would work as the third panel of almost any other Penny Arcade comic. Let's find out:

test01.jpg

So far, so good... Let's try another one:

test02.jpg

The streak continues-- one more:

test03.jpg

This one I pulled completely at random-- but it also kinda works. Theory proven!

Nijhazer on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Caulk Bite wrote: »
    A Scone in the Dork!

uh
    you don't cook the avocado in guac

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    AggroChanAggroChan __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    that didn't really work too well in any of the comics you example'd mr nijhazer

AggroChan on
    PSN + Zune :>
    Sillender.jpgSillender.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    yeah, your hypothesis was pretty soundly disproved by your examples

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i liked 1 & 2, nijh

good comic today, i thought. i really like the background in this one. very warm coloured and octobery.

mully on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    Caulk Bite wrote: »
    A Scone in the Dork!

uh
    you don't cook the avocado in guac

By raw and unfettered I guess I meant "On it's own, and not entirely mixed in with anything".

feels slimy and gritty on my tongue.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'd say it's creamy rather than slimy, but I don't get the gritty at all unless you were eating an avocado that had something wrong with it

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I like guacamole the same way I like mayonnaise: in the smallest quantity possible. Too much and it overpowers the rest of the tastes and textures in whatever it's in.

Captain K on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    God I love the shit out of guacamole but I used to dislike avocado entirely. It was stopping me from enjoying fajitas with the tex-mex sour cream/guac/pico thing they usually do.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    maybe not gritty, but it was just something about the basic texture of the stuff on it's own that makes it disgusting to me. Mix it with stuff, and I like it fine.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Caulk bite "your mom" is not a weird little town in upstate New York
    Trust me on this
    Also man I want some asparagus right about now
    Is this weird

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Caulk bite "your mom" is not a weird little town in upstate New York
    Trust me on this

Tell me, are you just acting slow right now?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Asparagus, if cooked right, is wonderful.

Also, Wiggin. Really.

Do you not get that it's a joke? I'll totally understand if that's the case. I've been there.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    not too crunchy, not too mushy. some butter and a little salt

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I get the joke
    I was making a poor joke of my own
    However I have also been there

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Me Too! wrote: »
    I get the joke
    I was making a poor joke of my own
    However I have also been there

wait. let me see if I can figure this out.

Asparagus -> Aspergers?

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    God, I love avacado. I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to it these days, though. If I eat it raw I get a terrible crushing pain in my chest and feel like I'm going to die. Still occasionally worth it for the first half of a turkey avocado sandwich from Bogey's.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Aspergers is the best vegetable out there in my opinion
    Tastes fucking amazing
    Like God came in your moouth

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    not too crunchy, not too mushy. some butter and a little salt

I prefer it sauteed or grilled with olive oil

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Jedoc wrote: »
    God, I love avacado. I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to it these days, though. If I eat it raw I get a terrible crushing pain in my chest and feel like I'm going to die. Still occasionally worth it for the first half of a turkey avocado sandwich from Bogey's.

This could be your gallbladder not liking fatty foods. My mom couldn't eat avocado because of her gallbladder. I very rarely have avocado because my mom and all 4 of her siblings had to get their gallbladders removed. It's pretty good too, but not worth that.

Iloveslimes on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Asparagus makes me have smelly pee and I don't appreciate that because I usually enjoy my pee time.

Also poop time.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The smelliest poop I ever had came after I ate a ton of cut-outs at Christmastime
    It smelled like so much butter

Me Too! on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

This could be your gallbladder not liking fatty foods. My mom couldn't eat avocado because of her gallbladder. I very rarely have avocado because my mom and all 4 of her siblings had to get their gallbladders removed. It's pretty good too, but not worth that.

I think it's more of a protein allergy. Raw potatoes, carrots, and almonds also set me off, but not quite as badly. Fatty foods in general are no problem.

I hope so, anyway. I'm quite attached to my gallbladder.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That is one of those things I never needed to know Wiggin

I could've lived a long and fulfilling life never knowing that

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Avocado is a miracle ingredient to me. I first realized this when eating avocado eggrolls at California Pizza Kitchen. I will eat avocado in any format and I will enjoy it. It is so much more delicious to me than it should be. I salivate at the mere thought of slices of that attractive, green fruit (is it a fruit? I think it's a fruit...) sitting in a sandwich or pureed avocado giving a sweet, yet savory flavor to a warm, crispy food.

If I heard someone try to tell me that avocados are in any way a bad thing I would honestly give them the dirtiest look imaginable and possibly slap them. I am not kidding. Environment and familiarity would dictate my response.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

I think it's more of a protein allergy. Raw potatoes, carrots, and almonds also set me off, but not quite as badly. Fatty foods in general are no problem.

I hope so, anyway. I'm quite attached to my gallbladder.

For your sake, I hope so too.

Iloveslimes on
  • Options
    scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Huh, good art, bad writing. Maybe next time.

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Me and Silmaril, two against the world.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I liked this particular comic.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Avocado is a miracle ingredient to me. I first realized this when eating avocado eggrolls at California Pizza Kitchen. I will eat avocado in any format and I will enjoy it. It is so much more delicious to me than it should be. I salivate at the mere thought of slices of that attractive, green fruit (is it a fruit? I think it's a fruit...) sitting in a sandwich or pureed avocado giving a sweet, yet savory flavor to a warm, crispy food.

If I heard someone try to tell me that avocados are in any way a bad thing I would honestly give them the dirtiest look imaginable and possibly slap them. I am not kidding. Environment and familiarity would dictate my response.

of course it's a fruit
    there's a big old seed sitting right in the middle of it

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Silmaril wrote: »
    Ahahahahaha.

Jack attack.

jackattackto6.jpg:?:

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I wonder who would want to buy it at a grocery store. you'd look like a huge dork with a cart full of GAMER GRUB

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    moms
    moms would buy it in a grocery store

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited October 2008