Since November 9, 2004
DOUBLE XP WEEKEND - 10/30-1???: Ranked Infection (Legendary Required)
Latest News/Rumor Mongering Goes Here:
>>>>HALO RELATED ANNOUNCEMENTS AT TOKYO GAME SHOW<<<<<
Halo Wars Trailer
Keep It Clean
- They showed a live demo, game to hit Early 09.
Keep It Clean
- New Video (CLICK ME)
, and announced to be Halo3 Recon
. "a prologue to the events in Halo 3 that tells the story from an all-new perspective: an ODST recon marine."
To the delight of devoted fans across the world, at the Tokyo Game Show Microsoft debuted Halo 3: Recon, developed exclusively for Xbox 360Â® by acclaimed developer Bungie. This new chapter in the Halo saga lets you experience events leading up to the epic story told in Halo 3 through the eyes of a new hero in the Halo universe.
The stand-alone expansion, set to release in fall 2009, extends the award-winning HaloÂ® 3 experience with hours of new campaign excursions and multiplayer gameplay. In addition, attendees were given an all-new glimpse of the Xbox 360 exclusive strategy game Halo Wars from Ensemble Studios. The campaign mode provided a thrilling taste of the revolutionary gameplay and new perspective of the Halo universe. Enjoy the full experience when Halo Wars hits retailers in early 2009.
This new chapter in the Halo universe includes the following:
* All-new campaign content: The Halo 3: Recon campaign is an intriguing side story that takes place during the terrifying events leading up to the Master Chiefâ€™s return to New Mombasa in Halo 3. Experience the fate of Earth from the brand-new perspective of a special forces ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Trooper), adding a unique outlook and new gameplay elements to the events that unfold in the trilogyâ€™s finale. While the feel of this new chapter greatly resembles that of previous Halo experiences, Halo 3: Recon will require you to employ more elements of stealth and cunning than ever before.
* Prepare to drop: Known for their courage, valor and, at times, insanity, ODSTs are among the fiercest UNSC soldiers, priding themselves on being the first unit deployed into hostile situations. While not as large or supernaturally gifted as their Spartan comrades, these "Hell Jumpers" more than compensate with their ferocious attitudes and unwavering nerve.
* Expanded multiplayer collection:No Halo experience would be complete without groundbreaking multiplayer content, and Halo 3: Recon gives fans more of what they love. With exclusive new maps and expanded Forge options, Xbox LIVEÂ® Gold members will find more multiplayer content than ever before with Halo 3: Recon.
* Ever-growing community options: Enjoy all the great Halo 3 technological innovations, including Saved Films, screenshots, Campaign Scoring, and four-player co-op. All of the new multiplayer maps fully support the Forge editor, offering endless gameplay customization possibilities.
Mythic Map Pack Map names and descriptions.
probably a joke post but eh slow news day
Heretic - Internal Name: midship.map
Because of its speed and luxury the Pious Inquisitor has become an irresistible prize during these dark times. 2-8 players
Citadel - Internal Name: fortress.map
In the heart of this Forerunner structure, far above the troubled surface of the Ark, another battle rages. 2-6 players
Assembly - Internal Name: descent.map
The Covenant war machine continues its march to conquest; even with its head severed it is still dangerous. 2-8 players
Sandbox - Internal Name: sandbox.map
This endless wasteland still holds many secrets. Some of them are held more deeply than others. 4-12 players
Orbital - Internal Name: spacecamp.map
With a lot of situational awareness, and a little luck, hopefully the only thing you will lose is your luggage. 4-12 player
DANGER! DANGER! HIGH VOLTAGE!
The following post is filled with awesome, explosions, and images not safe for 56k connections. But you don't live in 1985 do you?
Now, onto business!
What is this Halo thing?
Halo is a game where you get to make cool explosions, and punch stoners in the face with flags. We like to play this game so we can make cool explosions and shoot people, in their faces
What does it look like? I've been blind for all my life and now I can see!
I've pooled a few sample images here, but if YOU want to be in, send me a message with the pictures.
I hear this game also has a story, what is it?
Halo 3 is the 3rd game in the Halo trilogy, where we follow Master Chief as he kicks covenant ass and chews bubblegum.
-Wait, what about that elite you had to play as in Halo 2?
First, let me finish. Who's reading who's OP now, Hmm? Anyway, Yes, the Arbiter from Halo 2 is back, and he gets to kick massive amounts of ass, just because he's voiced by Keith David
What is TBK?
and Keith David will mess you the fuck up.
The Bees Knees is the awkward love child spawned by the Games & Technology board and the release of Halo 2 in 2004. We now maintain a fleet of a thousand nerds ready to play games.
I want to play Halo 3 with you guys. What do I need to do?
Send a friend request to the gamertag "A TBK Clan II" or to one of the staff. Please, PLEASE note that you're from PA via text or voice so we know how to deal with you.
What are the Staff gamertags?
- Evil Badman MD
- FyreWulff Rex
- Default Rance
Not as active but kept here for future use:
What is the best way to get into a game?
Cyrogenically frozen until post WW3
- X Equals Loser
We're lazy. If you want to get into a party, send one of us an invite to indicate that you want in. Also, a good way to get in contact with us is through AIM. If you message Fyre (MKiddr) or me (tbkredshirt, good luck getting me to go on AIM though), we can tell you if a game is open or not, or if we're playing that night. Feel free to try and collect other TBK AIM names...
Does TBK require any sort of tryouts or some crap?
No. We do not hold tryouts. All we require of the people that play with us is that you have a passable skill at the game (ie, you know where to take a flag or a bomb) and you're not a douchebag. Trust us, we've had douchebags. They don't last long.
Ranks are my life. MLG is the greatest. Should I join TBK?
Probably not. We mostly play Social (unranked) playlist because they're awesome and because we usually have odd sized parties. Also, when it gets late, all the ranked playlists are full of level 47 assholes.
Also, you really shouldn't waste your time trying to prove MLG is great to us. We've been here 4 years. We still don't think they are the end all be all of Haloez.
What time do you guys usually play?
Late at night in North America, and into the wee morning hours if we're doing well. We play a lot more during DoubleXP weekends.
I want to play either Halo with you. What do I need to do?
For Halo 2, you need to go to Xbox Live and then Downloadable Content, and grab all the map packs. This is going to take a while. It's 551MB in total. Also because OXBox Live downloads are slow.
For Halo 3, download the free Heroic Map Pack, and you can get the free map Cold Storage too. You can also buy Legendary if you want, but it's not required to play with us. We will constantly erode you with insults for failing to purchase Legendary, though.
What do you consider cheating or unsporting?
In Halo 2, any sort of button combination is considering cheating by us (and Bungie). This includes BXR, BXB, doubleshot, etc. We also consider superbouncing to the top of maps as cheating.
In Halo 3, since there are no known exploits *knock on wood*, pretty much just don't standby, and try to avoid spawncamping too hard. Also, according to Shiska, any method of boosting is cheating.
What's with all your crazy ass lingo for maps? And why does FyreWulff keep calling out numbers as locations?
We've adopted certain phrases to make it quicker to call out locations on maps. Here is a sample of the most popular Halo 3 ones:
Numbers called out on any map refer to locations in Territory gametypes.
Pelican Side: the entire left side if you're on Red, right if you're blue.
Bubble Side: the entire left side if you're on Blue, right if you're Red.
Water Caves: the area with the fallen rocks that the river runs under near blue base.
Hot Gates/Tollbooth: the canyon that the red side cannon puts you near.
Side Cave: refers to the caves on the side. Usually used like "they're in our side cave" or "they're spawning in their side cave"
Key/Pee Hole: The broken wall entrance on the top floor of the base
Generators: the electrical towers outside of the base's gate.
Froman: The little side platform with an area underneath. It has a "Camp Froman" sign near the sniper rifle.
Camo Tower: the tower with the bubble shield/brute shot opposite of Froman.
Camo Door: the lower right side door facing the base from the beach
Gate Door: the lower left side door facing the base from the beach
Catwalk: the ledge that goes from Froman, up along the back wall and over to the base
Temple: the long hallway structure on blue team's side.
Bat Cave (or Cathedral): the short underground rooms structure on red team's side.
Front Door: the doorway for the each base with the warthog outside.
Lower Door: the doorway that gos into each bases' room that has the button for the gate.
Gate: Long hallway that goes from the bases' button room to silo 1 (red) or silo 2 (blue).
Tree: the tree with red's camo.
Outside: the outside cliff that with the Pelican and rockets
Middle: the middle area of the map with the upper bridge and the lower gravity hammer and camo
Sniper: The upper area with the large generator and ghost
Shotgun: area that connects the middle of the map, in the inside is a shotgun, on each side outside is a sniper and overshield
Middle: area at the bottom of the horseshoe with laser and ghost. Easily mixed up with Shotgun.
Lost Woods: area behind where blue spawns.
Base side: The base and the area around it where red spawns
The reason you'll hear people calling out numbers as locations ex "Spawning at 4!" is because we're using territory locations for better precision and speed. This especially helps on Sandtrap. If you want to see where the numbers are, just go into a Territories game by yourself.
What about us hardcore halo fans, anything cool here?
Why, yes! We'll try to keep the thread up to date with all the latest news about Halo or Bungie.
Random Old News:
Assembly (Pictures from PAX)
RvB animated movie?!?
So, I was thinking earlier today about doing the G&T Secret Santa thing, but realized shortly thereafter that I really don't feel connected to the rest of the PA community the way I do toward TBK. So, to spread some Haloy joy around, I've talked with Fyre and a couple of other guys, and we've decided to put on the best event ever.
The Bees Knees Secret Holiday-Themed Elite
It's like a TBK Secret Santa.
This is a pretty run of the mill secret santa thing, but instead of shooting to get everyone something awesome and expensive, we've taken a slightly different approach. Here's be them here rule thingies:
- PM me (X Equals Loser) with your real name and address.
- Limit your purchases to TEN DOLLARS. This is a going to be a challenge. What's the most awesome thing you can find for someone that's under ten dollars?
- Be discreet with your stalkings. Don't let on who you've gotten matched up with. Half the fun is trying to figure out who's got you before the gift shows up.
- Get your gifts sent out BEFORE Xmas. Seriously, being late to the party makes you uncool.
- This is global, so people like Thrill can join in on the fesitivities. The shipping cost is not included in the 10 bucks, so go crazy.
- Please fucking send your santee a gift. If you don't, we don't want to play Halo with you anymore, and probably won't. Be warned: we're very bitter people.
- Yes, X has diabetes. Do not send him candy. I'm in charge of this. I will know who got me. I will blacklist your ass from the clan.
- I may add more things as they come, so keep tabs on this post.
Go nuts, kids. I'll start assigning people when I feel we've gotten a pretty good group going.