Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Secret Santa 2008! No one on the corner gives swagga like us.

• Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh, yes, he certainly did!

I even slipped the reference into the OP

PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So did he go off to live in Japan or something? I never come across his posts no more.

Spoiler:
  • Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    noir_blood wrote: »
    So did he go off to live in Japan or something? I never come across his posts no more.

That's because he was banned for being a Bad Santa. I believe he signed up for all of them last year and didn't do anything for at least one of them.

He even acted up enough to get him banned from the SE++ and G&T ones.

Glenn5656.jpg
  • RavincrisisRavincrisis __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2008
    Wooh, I'm in!

Stalker tips:
    T-shirt size -- Medium
    I like green.
    I'm a happy-go-lucky kind of guy, rarely jealous, laid back, musically inclined, OCD neat freak.
    Yes, that last sentence didn't help at all and was just an excuse for me to talk about myself!
    I like: RPG games, upbeat electric pop, writing, word/puzzle games, vintage clothes, antiques (no furniture!)
    Also, I reveal close to nothing in posts, but I do frequent Writer's Block a lot. Nothing makes my day like a cup of nice, warm literature. Mmm

Spoiler:
  • HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Glenn565 wrote: »
    noir_blood wrote: »

That's because he was banned for being a Bad Santa. I believe he signed up for all of them last year and didn't do anything for at least one of them.

He even acted up enough to get him banned from the SE++ and G&T ones.

Well at least he made my short lived whaling thread interesting. We needed someone to argue for it after all, otherwise it would have been 10 pages of 'yeah killing whales is bad'.

steamid: sewersider
  • NorfairNorfair Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Kind of late, but I wouldn't worry about the amount you spend. From experience I can say that when money is tight, you just have to work a bit harder to find something awesome. I'm not super-rich but that just means I have to work an extra bit harder (assuming I make the cut :P ).

My problem is that I don't post much, in an effort to keep myself from saying stupid things (anyone who reads my post history is going to get a good laugh :P, particularly my lame attempts at sales age stuffs). I don't really have much of an online presence in general. So there is a serious lack of stalker info there, and I am going to have to do some more posting to leave some hints around.

EDIT: Also, I remember LewieP's thread to K_A last year. A classic moment. I was hoping that Lewie would actually get matched up to K_A and actually make good on this threat, because that would have been hilarious.

• redhaloredhalo Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Some how I missed this thread the past week or so. I'm so totally signed up. Had a blast last time.

• WetsunWetsun Registered User
    edited October 2008
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Mighty wrote: »
    Bear in mind that using Thinkgeek.com is rahter expensive compared to *finding* the item you want on TG, and then *buying* it someplace that wont rape you for 8-9 bucks on shipping.

Seriously. they sent me a slip of paper with mouse feet on it in a box that was a square foot. charged me 4 bucks for shipping when it could have been 35 cents.

this isnt the only time they bilked me, but its a great example. its really stupid how they handle shipping, so, dont buy from them unless you really have to.

Generally anything I buy from them ends up being a candidate for $8 UPS shipping anyway, so it's not a huge deal. Something like that though, where it could go in a business envelope is pretty silly.

Thinkgeek also has google-able coupon codes pretty often. There are several $5 off $25 or more, $10 off $50 or more ones active now. Also, the geekpoints system can be manipulated if you're buying enough stuff (split everything into two shipments greater than $50 each, earn points on the first, spend points for free stuff on the second).

But yeah, I search everything on amazon after finding it on thinkgeek and see if its available for super-saver shipping there.

XBL/Steam: Wetsun
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Speicher, GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I can't wait to see who I get. I am too excited about this.

XBL: Mega Spooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    4 more days.

Games completed recently: Dragon's Crown, Knights of Pen and Paper, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (20th time), Defender's Quest, The Witcher
  • ArminasArminas Student of Life Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm afraid of failing whoever I get. :(

• MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Arminas wrote: »

Don't worry about it, man. Just remember that your Santee will put up pictures of the terrible gifts you got him and we will all stand in judgment of your inability to make someone happy on a holiday.

mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Don't worry about it, man. Just remember that your Santee will put up pictures of the terrible gifts you got him and we will all stand in judgment of your inability to make someone happy on a holiday.

I laughed.

Games completed recently: Dragon's Crown, Knights of Pen and Paper, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (20th time), Defender's Quest, The Witcher
  • wunderbarwunderbar Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    urahonky wrote: »

I laughed.

Me too.

• KendrikKendrik McKinney, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm in again this year. Hopefully my santee doesn't turn out to be a deadbeat like last year. Stupid bad santas...

Stalker Tips follow:
    Spoiler:

fss.png
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I once was given a knitting bag.
    For grannies.
    I don't knit, and never have and never will.

I was saddened by the bag.

Almost anything I can imagine would be better than a knitting bag.
    Except for the peach coloured dressing gown I also got off the same person.
    I don't do peach.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Perhaps they stalked your grandmother by accident?

3DS Friend Code: 0817-5033-8184 // Nintendo Network ID: AbsoluteZero
  • ArminasArminas Student of Life Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

D:

Will I face the same terrible fate if I get a girl? I'm just trying other variables here.

• Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I once was given a knitting bag.
    For grannies.
    I don't knit, and never have and never will.

I was saddened by the bag.

Almost anything I can imagine would be better than a knitting bag.
    Except for the peach coloured dressing gown I also got off the same person.
    I don't do peach.

If I get you, consider yourself so totally shopped for.

JudgeZed.png
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Question.

My wife lurked the forums and watched me participate in last years Secret Santa and thought it sounded really fun. Fun enough that she's considering doing it this year by herself. Now, I've already signed up, and I'm good to go, but I'm curious, would it be frowned upon if she also participated. I just don't want someone to think we're trying to just hog more presents or anything.

DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    wunderbar wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

I laughed.

Me too.

Ditto, even though I have the same fear.

That and a fear that my Santee might get me something I already have. How to best avoid the embarrassing scenario of "awesome gift, but I already own it..."?

L8mev5M.jpg
  • darleysamdarleysam Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kor wrote: »
    Question.

My wife lurked the forums and watched me participate in last years Secret Santa and thought it sounded really fun. Fun enough that she's considering doing it this year by herself. Now, I've already signed up, and I'm good to go, but I'm curious, would it be frowned upon if she also participated. I just don't want someone to think we're trying to just hog more presents or anything.

I think the problem would be that she won't have any kind of a post history to stalk and determine a present from.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Question.

Does she have an account on here? Generally Secret Santas require you to be signed up on here before the current year's Santa thread is created.

3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • liquidloganliquidlogan Registered User
    edited October 2008
    I don't think it'd be so much as "hogging more presents" as she would, obviously, have to buy something as well for another forumer. It has more to do with enforcement. Unless the mods ban you...

• Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Question.

I don't see any problem with that. I signed up for SS together with my brothers last time, and again this year, and nobody complained about that yet. You just might want to contact Doc Holliday to make sure you don't accidently get each other as a Santa (I mean, there's a tiny chance of that happening, after all), but else you should be fine.

• ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Been on this forum for years, but never participated in this. Sounds fun!

I'm excited to see who I get, It's fun to make people happy.:^:

To the one who gets me- **UPDATED to help my Santa out more**
    Spoiler:

Okay, that should help...keep in mind, I do not expect games or Blu-rays, just trying to alleviate any worry that you'd buy me something I already have. ;)

Again, I'm excited to get anything...it's all about the giving season, not just the getting. (Or taking)

funny2.jpg

edited October 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    Question.

I think the problem would be that she won't have any kind of a post history to stalk and determine a present from.

Heh, I was thinking the same thing.

But she's a girl right? So as long as we get her something pink she'll probably like it.

Spoiler:
  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

D:

Will I face the same terrible fate if I get a girl? I'm just trying other variables here.

Even worse, because you'll be failing your gender. You'll set back women's rights by forty years.

mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh bugger, I forgot to put my info in this.

Shirt size is an L, I own a 360.
    I like: Good sci-fi and fantasy books, most modern art, I have a huge love for film, particularly horror, a eclectic musical taste from Gogol Bordello through to Slayer, Justice to Digitalism, Frank Sinatra to Alphabeat. Also most things geeky are great.

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I guess my Santa gets some hints if they want it.

Spoiler:

You're not getting any free rides, Santa. Half the fun is in stalking.

• LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
  • Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    LewieP wrote: »
    I guess I should sign up.

Welcome back.

PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • GobboGobbo Registered User
    edited October 2008
    I think I'm going to participate in this purely for the chance of sending someone over the other side of the world a koala, or giant can of beer, or something cornily Australian enough to make them go 'Farkn struth mate' when they open their package :D

So sign me up plz.

The obligatories -
    Spoiler:

Oh and kudos to the doc for taking the reigns here - it's a great idea and I'm looking forward to it

edited October 2008
    I guess I should sign up.

Welcome back.

I'd meant to sign up ages ago, I don't know why I left it so late.

Oh yeah, stuff about me:

I have 360/Wii/PS2/DS/PC. I wear a Large shirt. I like music, and random cool things.

I don't really like sweets/candy, except for chocolate.

Honestly, just get me something that you'd like, or you think I'd get a kick out of, and I'm sure you'll pick something I'll enjoy. Either that or stalk me and get me a bong.

edited October 2008
    Gobbo wrote: »
    I think I'm going to participate in this purely for the chance of sending someone over the other side of the world a koala, or giant can of beer, or something cornily Australian enough to make them go 'Farkn struth mate' when they open their package :D

No Paul Hogan?

Spoiler:
    edited October 2008
    Either that or stalk me and get me a bong.

Grrr, don't even think about it, unless you add an o to the last word.

• Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    edited October 2008
    Oh yeah, I don't like beer, but like pretty much every other type of alcohol.

edited October 2008
    Yep, Mr Bubbles, that's exactly what I mean!

Lewie thinks beer tastes like dirt, and has said it loudly in a real ale pub.

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    How hilarious would it be if LPM got Lewie?

This discussion has been closed.