Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Secret Santa 2008! No one on the corner gives swagga like us.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza We sell products... ...and get in ROBOTS!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It kills me that the two deadbeat Santas that got awesome gifts decided to come in here and share them anyways, act all normal, etc. So odd.

Anyways, Basticle was my Santa, and I just want to publicly thank him again because he got me the book Day by Day Armageddon and I'm halfway through it and it is fantastic.

It's written in the format of a daily journal by a Navy recruit as he struggles to survive a worldwide zombie outbreak.

I've read it. It's awesome. Dude on the forums said his buddy wrote it when I started talking about it in a zombie thread. I don't remember his name. So these sentences are meaningless.

We sell fights and get into products.
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    how on earth did my post make it seem like I banned myself

• IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Captain K wrote: »
    Captain Charisma, K7 Avenger, McPhorks5, and Ravincrisis all had a week to get back to me by PM on the subject of their deadbeatedness, and did not. They have been banned.

Kinda like that.

7nUkagJ.png
    SteamID:Icemopper PSN:Icemopper
  • Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Captain K wrote: »
    how on earth did my post make it seem like I banned myself

People tend to skim things and with "Captain" and a capital K near enough to each other, misunderstandings are bound to happen

• MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You know, if their names were to leak, one could call these people with the recent cellphone directories being published and all.

Figuratively speaking.

• darleysamdarleysam Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Meiz wrote: »
    You know, if their names were to leak, one could call these people with the recent cellphone directories being published and all.

Figuratively speaking.

Meiz, this is not the time to go looking for a date.

• NorfairNorfair Registered User
    edited February 2009
    I'm pleased to see the deadbeats got banned.

And posting multiple times about your cool swag, and still being a deadbeat like the one guy? What a dick thing to do.

• HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    How does the Easter Bunny thing usually work? Are just a few people chosen and they e-stalk and do the Santa thing again, or is it a group effort thing?

Feed us precious precious information Doc!

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's basically the same as a Secret Santa, but different Santas. :P

Games completed recently: Resident Evil 4: HD Edition, Typing of the Dead: Overkill, Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored, On the Rain Precipice of Darkness 1-4.
    edited February 2009
    If Doc follows my advice, he'll just draw random surrogate Santas from the pool of volunteers and then everything's taken care of.

This thread needs to be closed pretty soon so I'm hoping he lets me know that he's got it worked out. We can do another brief thread once everybody's been taken care of.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Who's still waiting? I know there were a couple where the Santas said the gifts were mailed but were not received yet.

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery XBox Live: ArcSyn 3DS: 1805-2274-4550 (Jonathan) WiiU NNID: ArcSyn

GIFT GET GIFS
  • Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I just received confirmation from the other outlying gifts, and I think everything is on track now.

Yes I will be following Captain K's advice. I need to sift through the last dozen or so pages of the thread and take note of the recent people who have volunteered for the Easter Bunny position. They'll be hearing from me tonight.

Also a staggering 70 or so of you marked you would be an Easter Bunny, so I may be contacting some of you as well, I'm not sure.

Either way, it all goes down tonight.

PSN & Live: buckwilson
    edited February 2009
    Easter Bunny PM has been dispatched. If you did not receive a PM and you're dying to be an Easter Bunny, let me know.

• WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Can we change the thread title before this gets closed so that next year's Santas don't look at it and think there were a ton of deadbeats?

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Secret Santa: Someone got plane tickets!

sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Secret Santa: The Bunnyfying, coming to a mailbox near you

Steam: Dr. Mark Sloan - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mere_immortal - 3DS: 0748-1545-6684
  • liquidloganliquidlogan Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Secret Santa: Now with bunnies.

• ForarForar #432 Already prepping for Toronto Fan Expo!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Strike Force: Bunny ready for action.

We wreck people's shit. With gifts.

sigone.png
  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I support the current thread title.

daniant wrote:
    Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
    edited February 2009
    We lost a bunny. I have 51 to choose from, but I'd rather have a volunteer. If anyone wants to bunny, please step forward.

• PepperSinclairePepperSinclaire Registered User
    edited February 2009
    We lost a bunny. I have 51 to choose from, but I'd rather have a volunteer. If anyone wants to bunny, please step forward.

I'll step in!

Signature pending.
  • Mr HeistMr Heist Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    To keep out more deadbeats, we should require a DNA sample from everyone who wants to sign up. So everyone, start mailing your DNA to Doc!
    Spoiler:

mrheist-wide.png
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    Three cheers for the easter bunnies.

• arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Mr Heist wrote: »
    To keep out more deadbeats, we should require a DNA sample from everyone who wants to sign up. So everyone, start mailing your DNA to Doc!
    Spoiler:

Sent!

camo_sig.png
  • PrimePrime Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Im looking forward to some delayed Chrismas cheer, had a real bad couple of weeks at work doing looooong hours and then to top it off I witnessed an accident last night where the poor guy lost his arm :(

Cant wait to see what my Bunny is sorting out for me :)

steam_sig.png
    Until All Are One...under the Newell

My Boardgames

Nintendo Network ID: RollaJ
  • PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Prime wrote: »
    Im looking forward to some delayed Chrismas cheer, had a real bad couple of weeks at work doing looooong hours and then to top it off I witnessed an accident last night where the poor guy lost his arm :(

Cant wait to see what my Bunny is sorting out for me :)

D: Get this man some cheer, stat!

steam_sig.png
  • Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I didn't get a PM about Bunnying dammit!

edited February 2009
    Cornell002 wrote: »
    I didn't get a PM about Bunnying dammit!

Doc posted a wee bit up that they had 51 Bunny's volunteer for 4 people, so a lot of people who offered weren't called into service.

sigone.png
    edited February 2009
    Doc still maintains that he might call on you many times for a favor, he might call on you once, or never. But you must always be ready.

How does he know who you are? How does he know where to find you?

The shadow knows.

sig_civwar.jpg
    edited February 2009
    Also, he probably has all of our names and addresses somewhere.

sigone.png
    edited February 2009
    It's true, I do.

I am vigilant.

Also PepperSinclaire hasn't responded to my PMs so I can only assume he's not up for the task. I'll give him one more day before I give his Orphan to someone else.

edited February 2009
    a deadbeat easter bunny?

sig_civwar.jpg
    edited February 2009
    RoundBoy wrote: »
    a deadbeat easter bunny?

If that's what we're calling them then yes. He would be the 2nd one, too.

• FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Doc still maintains that he might call on you many times for a favor, he might call on you once, or never. But you must always be ready.

How does he know who you are? How does he know where to find you?

The shadow knows.

Hello. This is Doc Holliday.

Remember when you agreed to be an Easter Bunny for the G&T Secret Santa? Yes? Well.. I'm calling in that favour...

Chances are that one day you'll have to help him move....
    Spoiler:

daniant wrote:
    Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
    edited February 2009
    Man, deadbeat bunnies. Crazy world.

I am still checking my mailbox and porch each day, hoping to someday find a package. Though I also kinda hope that it's my bunny that Doc is having trouble getting because I would feel bad if it was Prime's or someone else's.

steam_sig.png

GIFT GET GIFS
    edited February 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Man, deadbeat bunnies. Crazy world.

I am still checking my mailbox and porch each day, hoping to someday find a package. Though I also kinda hope that it's my bunny that Doc is having trouble getting because I would feel bad if it was Prime's or someone else's.

Oh its yours. Every time someone gets your name they're like "oh... uh... nevermind. I suddenly ran out of money or something".

Just kidding, of course.

Or am I?

... I am.

edited February 2009
    Yeah, I do kinda generate that kind of response in people....

YOU HAD TO JUST GO AND POINT IT OUT, DIDN'T YOU DOC?!!! ::cries in a corner::

steam_sig.png

GIFT GET GIFS
  • IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    a deadbeat easter bunny?

I know that a ban would probably never happen for this, but in my perfect world...

edited February 2009
    IdolNinja wrote: »
    a deadbeat easter bunny?

I know that a ban would probably never happen for this, but in my perfect world...

Well, they aren't exactly "deadbeats" in that they promised to send something but never did. They simply aren't responding to PMs or had to back out. Not entirely evil.

steam_sig.png

GIFT GET GIFS
    edited February 2009
    Sorry guys, it's almost March! I gotta close this thread.

Once we start seeing people receive backup gifts we can start another thread, but sadly, the time for a sticky is done.

I'm going to put this in the archives. Easily the best G&T Secret Santa ever. Great job everybody.

This discussion has been closed.