Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Secret Santa 2008! No one on the corner gives swagga like us.

• wunderbarwunderbar Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    JCRooks wrote: »
    Hey Santee, sorry for not sending your package yet! I was going to do it today, but thanks to all the awesome presents people are getting, I decided to kick yours up a notch. So yeah, I'm doing another batch of shopping today after work. :)

Just so long as it arrives at my doorstep before Christmas.
    Spoiler:

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm somewhat amazed by how many people leave their shipping until this late..maybe i'm just used to canada posts shittyness and other countries are better, but here unless you want to pay $texas for priority shipping at this point all it would take is one little hiccup in its journey, or getting flagged for random inspections by customs to stop a package from making it to its destination by christmas.

WII U NNID- talios
    steam-taliosfalcon
    XBL-AdeptPenguin
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm somewhat amazed by how many people leave their shipping until this late..maybe i'm just used to canada posts shittyness and other countries are better, but here unless you want to pay $texas for priority shipping at this point all it would take is one little hiccup in its journey, or getting flagged for random inspections by customs to stop a package from making it to its destination by christmas.

Mine is delayed by the store, unfortunately, since I bought it about 3 weeks ago for my santee. Fortunately, it's being sent straight to them and the store is in the same country so it shouldn't be a problem.

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery XBox Live: ArcSyn 3DS: 1805-2274-4550 (Jonathan) WiiU NNID: ArcSyn

GIFT GET GIFS
  • JCRooksJCRooks Registered User
    edited December 2008

Well, since we all know our Santee's address, we should have a good idea of how long it'll take for them to get it. But you're right, if my Santee was in another country, I would have sent it weeks ago. :)

Xbox LIVE, Steam, Twitter, etc. ...
    Spoiler:
  • Kate of LokysKate of Lokys Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, most of my santee's stuff was shipped directly from the seller, but I wanted to send along a little typed-up note as well. I knew the stuff would be arriving by the end of this week, so last Monday I stopped by the nearest postal outlet, and asked "How much would it cost to send this [completely standard-sized, zero-weight] envelope to the US by Thursday or Friday?"

"$40."

"I... what? Uh, what's the next cheapest option?"

"For $12.95, it would get there early next week."

"... how long would it take if I just sent it by regular letter mail?"

"Five to seven business days."

So, I grumbled a little and paid the $1.01 for a stamp and my santee will just have to deal with not being able to open their Amazon package until the letter gets there :P

I'm here to tell you about voting. Imagine you're locked in a huge underground nightclub filled with sinners, whores, freaks and unnameable things that rape pit bulls for fun. And you ain't allowed out until you all vote on what you're going to do tonight [. . .] So you vote for television, and everyone else, as far as your eye can see, votes to fuck you with switchblades. That's voting. You're welcome.
  • Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So I thought I ordered something, but wound up I didn't. Not sure how that happened. My Santee is overseas, too, so... yeah it might not arrive by Christmas.

Sorry Santee! I'll try and make it worth it!

PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • wunderbarwunderbar Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So I thought I ordered something, but wound up I didn't. Not sure how that happened. My Santee is overseas, too, so... yeah it might not arrive by Christmas.

Sorry Santee! I'll try and make it worth it!

banning the person who ran Secret Santa.....that's.....ironic.

Not the kind of irony I like. Don't let it happen :P

• darunia106darunia106 Pirate Burger in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fret not Santee, the last part of your gift is almost here. Once it gets here... It will most likely sit in my room collecting dust until sometime next week. [panic]FINALS[/panic] I'll get it mailed once the day of judgment has passed. Don't worry though, I'm confident it will get there by Christmas.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 5284-1576-2362 | Nintendo Network ID: Pirate_Burger
  • Kate of LokysKate of Lokys Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Dear Santa:

I will be here at my residence apartment until approximately December 19th, then I will be going home to my parents' place for Christmas. If you have already shipped me my gift, it will arrive in plenty of time unless you're sending it from some place weird and awesome like New Zealand (oh god if you're from New Zealand I should have just asked for like 40 pounds of Jaffas). If you are going to be shipping it within the next week, likewise fine. However, if you will not be sending it until a couple of weeks from now, please get one of the proxy elves to ask me for my parents' address, and have it sent there. I will be gone for more than a week, and I don't think the post office holds packages for that long.

Thank you!

I'm here to tell you about voting. Imagine you're locked in a huge underground nightclub filled with sinners, whores, freaks and unnameable things that rape pit bulls for fun. And you ain't allowed out until you all vote on what you're going to do tonight [. . .] So you vote for television, and everyone else, as far as your eye can see, votes to fuck you with switchblades. That's voting. You're welcome.
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Shipping is why I made SURE the main part of my santees present arrived in time. The rest is just extra stuff :)

It should get there before xmas though, I just don't trust Royal Mail to get it out of the country.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Xbox Live: SirGrinch X
  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Just sent off my Santee's gift. I'm sure I annoyed the post office lady with questions about if it'd get there intact and if it's okay if I filled out the form for [FOREIGN COUNTRY HERE] correctly.
    Cost a bit more than I thought it would. :(

mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yay! Done packing it all in a box, and it will go to the post office as soon as I can get there!

Wheeeeeeee

7nUkagJ.png
    SteamID:Icemopper PSN:Icemopper
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Gah, every post I see of someone saying they sent out their gift, I wonder is that my secret santa?

Spoiler:
  • WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Gah, every post I see of someone saying they sent out their gift, I wonder is that my secret santa?

Mee too

steam_sig.png

My art blog.. thing.. http://www.robouprising.com/
  • MightyMighty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    this is why my santee got his gifts in late October

I dont put off my giving spirit.
    Spoiler:

steam_sig.png
    Gamertag - Mightyvvhitey
  • JacksNsomniaJacksNsomnia Registered User
    edited December 2008
    I had too much eggnog today.

24584849if1gs7.jpg
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

i'm pretty sure that any eggnog is too much eggnog D:

WII U NNID- talios
    steam-taliosfalcon
    XBL-AdeptPenguin
  • 12gauge12gauge Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dear Santa - I can only send you the gift by the end of the week - due to you being on the other side of the ocean, that might result in it being late.

Sorry :|

davidoc0.jpg
    edited December 2008

You shut your mouth. You shut it now.

Spoiler:
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    eggnog is so damn good. its only made better if you mix it 50/50 with whiskey.

sig_zpsceb29fbe.jpg
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Eggnog is GREAT, but only in moderation. I went all Christmas day just drinking eggnog, and holy crap that didn't sit well.

Games completed recently: Resident Evil 4: HD Edition, Typing of the Dead: Overkill, Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored, On the Rain Precipice of Darkness 1-4.
  • ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    RUM is the only "special ingredient" for me when it comes to eggnog, or Pirate Nog as I like to call it.:P

• slacktronslacktron Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Scotty wrote: »
    RUM is the only "special ingredient" for me when it comes to eggnog, or Pirate Nog as I like to call it.:P

That be Argnog, matey!

• DraysothDraysoth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Good news... and bad!

I have 2 packages waiting for me, the bad being I work so I couldn't get them today. One, I am near sure, is The Real Ghostbusters DVD set...

No idea what the other is... I will find out tomorrow!

Maybe they will both be separate packages from my Santa... hmm, intriguing!

WiiU ID - Draysoth1
    Xbox Live - Draysoth1
    PSN - Draysoth
    Steam - Draysoth
    3DS - 2320-6133-3744
    Please let me know if you add me!
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    slacktron wrote: »

That be Argnog, matey!

OMG. I love your sig. That is my new background.

Sorry, just had to get that out there.

Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | My childhood on eBay
    3DS: 3394-3901-4002 | 360/Steam/One: Redfield85 | PS3: Recchi85
    PAX East 2015: Hotel [ ] Badge [ ] Travel [ ] Pokécrawl [ ]
  • ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    slacktron wrote: »

That be Argnog, matey!

From this point forth, it shall be known as that in my home as well...that name is very..uh..YAAARR.:^:

edited December 2008

Amen. Eggs are yucky in general to me, though. And I can't hide the taste with rum or whatever because I don't like the taste of alcohol either. So I am left out of the holiday drinkyness. :(

mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Santee - I got the Amazon part of the gift. Thanks! (I will post what exactly it was when the rest arrives along with the reveal post.)

• NorfairNorfair Registered User
    edited December 2008
    I still enjoy egg nog, but I can't drink too much of it, or I get horrible heartburn. That's without any alcohol in it. With alcohol... the results are not pretty.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    KimFidler wrote: »
    I received my present today and it is glorious!

I will post pictures later tonight or tomorrow :D

Sweet!

• jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So, I got a pink slip in the mail yesterday. It made me giddy and excited for the morning! I tossed and turned all night thinking about my secret santa gift. I pined for it. Then, I woke up, killed time at the gym, running on that treadmill as if running toward it. I drop my wife off at work, call in late to my own work so I have time to go to the post office, swing in, hand them the ticket AND...

It was a box I ordered from Amazon. Apparently Amazon switched to FEDEX, who don't just drop packages on the doorstep, a feat that my prior UPS Amazon deliveries achieved 100% of the time.

I was a sad panda, considering the amazon stuff was graphic novels for my wife and friends for christmas.

Backlog Challenge: 0%
    Spoiler:
  • KimFidlerKimFidler Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Confirmed: G&T Secret Santa is awesome!

I got my present yesterday and I have no clue how, but I got 2 things that I've been wanting to check out for awhile. Here they are!

PASecretSanta-1.jpg

Y: The Last Man has been a trade that has been recommended to me by so many people but I never had a chance to check it out. Now I have it and I can't wait to sit down with it around Christmas to check it out.

What really floored me about Izuna: The Unemployed Ninja is that it is a game I've been trying to find for awhile but for some reason I wasn't able to find it anywhere. Even stranger is that I don't think I've posted anywhere that I've been looking for it. I cannot wait to knock off Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin so I can get into this.

Pretty awesome present and thanks go out to Robos A Go Go for the awesome presents! I just saw that you posted about sending to Canada 2 weeks ago :) . Have a Merry Christmas!

Concerning my present for my Santee: I shipped it out today but I totally screwed up. I got someone from the office to send it out and I totally forgot to throw in the letter AND take off the price tags. I don't think either is a big deal as I'll send you a PM once you receive it and let's face it, we all know what things cost around these parts.

Oh, you'll probably know it's me that sent it considering my username is my real name. Surprise!

Merry Christmas! :D

steam_sig.png
  • JacksNsomniaJacksNsomnia Registered User
    edited December 2008
    I love eggnog but I drank far too much of it today I thought I was gonna die D:

24584849if1gs7.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Confirmed: G&T Secret Santa is awesome!

I got my present yesterday and I have no clue how, but I got 2 things that I've been wanting to check out for awhile. Here they are!

PASecretSanta-1.jpg

Y: The Last Man has been a trade that has been recommended to me by so many people but I never had a chance to check it out. Now I have it and I can't wait to sit down with it around Christmas to check it out.

What really floored me about Izuna: The Unemployed Ninja is that it is a game I've been trying to find for awhile but for some reason I wasn't able to find it anywhere. Even stranger is that I don't think I've posted anywhere that I've been looking for it. I cannot wait to knock off Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin so I can get into this.

Pretty awesome present and thanks go out to Robos A Go Go for the awesome presents! I just saw that you posted about sending to Canada 2 weeks ago :) . Have a Merry Christmas!

Concerning my present for my Santee: I shipped it out today but I totally screwed up. I got someone from the office to send it out and I totally forgot to throw in the letter AND take off the price tags. I don't think either is a big deal as I'll send you a PM once you receive it and let's face it, we all know what things cost around these parts.

Oh, you'll probably know it's me that sent it considering my username is my real name. Surprise!

Merry Christmas! :D

I had no idea you were looking for Izuna, so the fact that I got it for you is a pretty astonishing coincidence.

And yeah, I'm positive you're going to enjoy the hell out of Y.

Enjoy the gifts!

• TigressTigress Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Sent mine off yesterday. I just had to pick a gift that needed an odd-sized box and would cost me almost $40 to ship via UPS. Luckily, I had an odd-sized box on hand. (Being a cosplayer has its perks. ;-) )

Hope you like the gifts, Santee!

Kat's Play
    On the subject of death and daemons disappearing: arrows sure are effective in Lyra's universe. Seems like if you get shot once, you're dead - no lingering deaths with your daemon huddling pitifully in your arms, just *thunk* *argh* *whoosh*. A battlefield full of the dying would just be so much more depressing when you add in wailing gerbils and dogs.
  • cyphrcyphr Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Loot incoming!!!

wunderbar, you are officially the coolest forumer. I'm serious people. Check this shit out. (sorry for the cameraphone, it's all I have available right now)
    Spoiler:

So there you have it everyone, wunderbar wins the Santa'ing. I'm especially ecstatic about the DS games, because I discovered on my flight home for Thanksgiving that the top LCD on my DS had cracked! At the time I had just sort of written it off as a loss, but this has motivated me to get a new one STAT. You have rejuvenated my portable gaming spirit, wunderbar, and there's no THANK YOU!!! big enough.

(ps, to my santee: nope, I haven't forgotten about you. and yep, I'm making you wait at least another week. mwahahaha :-D )

steam_sig.png
  • Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wow. You have received the gift of one of the best, if not the best game ever made.

Also there is a bare bottom on your Art book, so that's pretty cool, too.

PSN & Live: buckwilson
    edited December 2008
    PASecretSanta-1.jpg

Is that a book with the entire run of Y: The Last Man? That's awesome. Amazing series.

mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
    edited December 2008
    PASecretSanta-1.jpg

Is that a book with the entire run of Y: The Last Man? That's awesome. Amazing series.

That be a big ass expensive book. But man, if nothing else this proves that PA forumers have the best taste in the entire internet.

Except for the guy that doesn't like eggnog.

Spoiler:
  • Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    noir_blood wrote: »
    PASecretSanta-1.jpg

That be a big ass expensive book. But man, if nothing else this proves that PA forumers have the best taste in the entire internet.

Except for the guy that doesn't like eggnog.

I'm sorry, but eggnog is some nasty stuff.

Glenn5656.jpg
This discussion has been closed.