Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Secret Santa 2008! No one on the corner gives swagga like us.

• gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I finished my Santee's gift and got it all packaged. I'll drop it in the post tomorrow, which should mean delivery late next week or early the week after -- just perfect, in my opinion, and quite unlike all of these early birds!

It was a little tricky shopping for the Santee who seemed to have everything he or she wanted, but I think I made it work in the end and managed to sneak in some quality cheer. :)

• Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, Administrator, ClubPA, Penny Arcade Staff, PAX Staff staff
    edited December 2008
    I was told to post this in both, since i can't track down who sent this to me!

A package from Thinkgeek arrived this morning from a certain KYLE B. I know I'm a pain in the ass to shop for, but i got some pretty cool stuff here:
    Spoiler:

Thanks Kyle guy!

Some guy.
  • Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

A package from Thinkgeek arrived this morning from a certain KYLE B. I know I'm a pain in the ass to shop for, but i got some pretty cool stuff here:
    Spoiler:

Thanks Kyle guy!

Those flying screaming monkeys are awesome. My wife got me one for Valentine's Day a couple of years ago, and I use it to terrorize my study hall students whenever I get bored watching them work. The little fuckers can be pretty damn accurate when you get the hang of them!

JudgeZed.png
  • JacksNsomniaJacksNsomnia Registered User
    edited December 2008
    I was your santa, Robert. I'm glad you liked your stuff! Now my day is made :)

24584849if1gs7.jpg
  • Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I was your santa, Robert. I'm glad you liked your stuff! Now my day is made :)

Well done! The Star Wars characters are aces.

PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • JacksNsomniaJacksNsomnia Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Haha, thank you. I wasn't sure it they were to be loved or hated.

24584849if1gs7.jpg
  • TigressTigress Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Dear Santee:

Your package arrived at your parents at 1:24 this afternoon. Hope you like them!

Kat's Play
    On the subject of death and daemons disappearing: arrows sure are effective in Lyra's universe. Seems like if you get shot once, you're dead - no lingering deaths with your daemon huddling pitifully in your arms, just *thunk* *argh* *whoosh*. A battlefield full of the dying would just be so much more depressing when you add in wailing gerbils and dogs.
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tigress wrote: »
    Dear Santee:

Your package arrived at your parents at 1:24 this afternoon. Hope you like them!

So do I, or they might not let him have the gift.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • SchideSchide You have dreams Everybody watching at home has dreamsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    Tigress wrote: »
    Dear Santee:

So do I, or they might not let him have the gift.

I was gonna make that joke. :(

x7SZWSn.jpg
    Amazon Wish List -- Backloggery -- 3DS Friend Code: 3282-1850-1742
  • CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    noir_blood wrote: »
    I GOT GIFTS, I GOT GIFTS!
    Spoiler:

Thank you so much Secret Santa! This was an awesome set of gifts. Now reveal yourself!

Aw dang, that Super Saver shipping was fast. I have something more to send you, but it was it's been a pain to get together and working. Hopefully I can send it on Monday.

GxewS.png
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Spoiler:

Thanks Kyle guy!

I find it hilarious that all you wanted for Christmas was something to repel Tycho.

3DS Friend Code: 0817-5033-8184 // Nintendo Network ID: AbsoluteZero
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is it weird that I somehow memorized the tracking number for my Santees gift? I just went to type in the code and I type it all in without checking the paper.

Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard | eBay (updated 9-25-14)

[PAX South 2015] [X]badge [ ]flight [X]hotel

[3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [360/Steam/One] Redfield85 | [PS3] Recchi85
  • MightyMighty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    y'know what would be a great plush? the boomer.

hes all big n fat, and you can tear his top half off!

or the smoker, squeeze him and his tongue flaps - then he makes his wheezy noises

steam_sig.png
    Gamertag - Mightyvvhitey
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mighty wrote: »

or the smoker, squeeze him and his tongue flaps - then he makes his wheezy noises

Or one of those party blowers in the shape of a smoker where the tongue is the red ribbon

Id just be harrassing peoples necks with it all day

Steam: Dr. Mark Sloan - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 0748-1545-6684 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • freakish lightfreakish light Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Or one of those party blowers in the shape of a smoker where the tongue is the red ribbon

"Mmm, you taste like fear."

Or is that too weird

edited December 2008

"Mmm, you taste like fear."

Or is that too weird

Fine as long as you say it while licking your lips

Steam: Dr. Mark Sloan - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 0748-1545-6684 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    CmdPrompt wrote: »
    noir_blood wrote: »
    I GOT GIFTS, I GOT GIFTS!
    Spoiler:

Thank you so much Secret Santa! This was an awesome set of gifts. Now reveal yourself!

Aw dang, that Super Saver shipping was fast. I have something more to send you, but it was it's been a pain to get together and working. Hopefully I can send it on Monday.

Again, thank you! The two books are awesome and are more than enough.

Spoiler:
    edited December 2008
    Woot, gift away! My santee should be getting it Thursday or Friday next week.

I also finished my christmas shopping, so can spend the rest of December getting progressively more drunk emot-toot.gif

• WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Woot, gift away! My santee should be getting it Thursday or Friday next week.

I also finished my christmas shopping, so can spend the rest of December getting progressively more drunk emot-toot.gif

A great idea for a successful santa!

• arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dear Santee,

Package sent on Dec 5th via USPS.

Estimated delivery date - Dec 12-16th.

camo_sig.png
  • Captain CharismaCaptain Charisma __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2008
    SANTEE!

Do not fear. I have acquired the last pieces of your gift. You should be getting it soooooon.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah same here, I've ordered the last part of my santee's gift but I won't get it till next week, luckily you don't live to far and my you'll get your present before christmas...I hope!

• xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User
    edited December 2008
    My santee got his gift delivered according to the postal service web site. Hooray!

shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • JawaJawa Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well My mom says a box arrived at my house, can't wait for Finals week to be over and be back at home.

• WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wow, Purolator is incredible.

I work at a place that ships alot through Purolator so we get a discount. I decided to use them to send it, just called in the order, and was still on the phone copying down the tracking number when the purolator guy walked through the door to pick it up. (In all fairness he was apparently just driving by but I'm impressed.) We're also supposed to get all our packages called in by 3pm or it has to wait until the next day (or monday in this case), and I didn't call in until 3:45!

PS to Santee: I did actually try to wrap this one, but it wouldn't fit in the package with wrapping and woulda cost almost 3X as much to ship if I had used anything else, so sorry about potentially ruining your unwrapping fun.

• Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Dear Santee,

Your item shipped yesterday, and should arrive next Wednesday!

steam_sig.png
  • NoneoftheaboveNoneoftheabove Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My Secret Santa Gift:

From ThinkGeek, awesome!
    Spoiler:

And now the reveal!
    Spoiler:

Ohh, two magnetic goodies and a goofy drinking bird. I could have some mischievous fun with this. No ideas come to mind at the present however.

Thanks Santa

• PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I love those drinking birds.

Also, you should post a picture of those magnetic toys set up.

steam_sig.png
  • NoneoftheaboveNoneoftheabove Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Pemulis wrote: »
    I love those drinking birds.

Also, you should post a picture of those magnetic toys set up.

Initially that is what I tried to do, but my magnet building skills are lacking. The cylinder on the right has at least 40 or 50 individual tiny magnets which seem happiest clumped together or in a rod shape. Maybe I need a metal base to ground the magnets on?

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Oh man I have those same magnets! They are strong magnets.

CD World Tour status:
    Spoiler:
    Smash: 4527-8016-0782
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I saw the lockbox was locked, indicating an item inside. In my glee I rushed to the mail to find.... no key. Whatever is in that lockbox, it isn't for me, and it certainly isn't from my santa. Unless my santa is evil, and just wants to toy with my emotions!

3DS Friend Code: 0817-5033-8184 // Nintendo Network ID: AbsoluteZero
  • Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I saw the lockbox was locked, indicating an item inside. In my glee I rushed to the mail to find.... no key. Whatever is in that lockbox, it isn't for me, and it certainly isn't from my santa. Unless my santa is evil, and just wants to toy with my emotions!

Your Secret Santa sent you the key to said lockbox.

PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    And its in your head.

Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I'm seriously worried about the welfare of my Santee's gift. If it doesn't arrive safely I will not be happy since I worked hard on it, and tried to really make it something they would like.

It's been a week and 2 days since I shipped it out. (I shipped it how I always ship such things...never had a problem) I'm really anxious to hear from my Santee. Please tell me right away when you get it.

• CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Secret Santa Gift Ahoy
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
  • Mr HeistMr Heist Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I was going to make a horribly witty post about how many people are duped by their own packages, having their hopes and dreams dashed when it turns out they just got something that they had ordered instead of their Santa-loot. I was going to make that post, but then it happened to me today when I came home to an Amazon box.

Well, at least it looks like the last of the elements for my Santee's gift should be here by next week. In the meantime, I'm trying to hunt down something for the presentation, which is ending up being harder to find than I thought. It's one of those things you see around all the damn time until you actually need to get one, then have no idea where you've been seeing them.

mrheist-wide.png
  • Mullitt The WiseMullitt The Wise Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I shipped my santee's gift today.
    Should be there next Thursday.
    I'm excited.

balloonssig.jpg
  • DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, my plans of having my Santee's gift(s) sent out by today fell through, thanks a bit to my own procrastination, as well as the final item I'm waiting on from Think Geek. I need to go pick up one item from Best Buy, pick up my brother's contribution, then make my portion. After that, all I'm waiting on is the Think Geek item to show up in the mail.

I'm just excited because my brother finally finished his piece, and I'm on my way to go pick it up. I can't wait to see the final product.

• Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My package got delivered to my santee but I forgot to request a signature! I am freaking out that it might gone by the time he gets home....

steam_sig.png
    gamertag: Canadianllama
  • Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My Secret Santa Gift:

From ThinkGeek, awesome!
    Spoiler:

And now the reveal!
    Spoiler:

Ohh, two magnetic goodies and a goofy drinking bird. I could have some mischievous fun with this. No ideas come to mind at the present however.

Thanks Santa

That was me! Happy Christmas dude. Those magnets have a thousand uses you will find.

steam_sig.png
    gamertag: Canadianllama
This discussion has been closed.