As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vista Aero: How to change Taskbar colour?

CorvusCorvus .VancouverRegistered User regular
edited October 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Relatively simple question,

I want to change the taskbar colour in Vista Aero. Apparently this is not a standard thing you can change for some reason. Seems I'll need some external solution to do this. What do you folks recommend?

:so_raven:
Corvus on

• Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Aero does let you mess with it somewhat (of course, it changes the color of the titlebars, etc, too.) Just go to Control Panel -> Personalization -> Window Color and Appearance. Then turn off transparency, choose a different color and increase the color intensity until it's to your liking.

Apologies if you've already discovered this. The only other thing I was able to find is an app called VistaGlazz, but I don't know if it'll do what you want.

Otherwise you're left w/ messing w/ the uxtheme stuff (which is, I guess, similar to XP... I just don't have a desire to mess with it at the moment :))

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?