Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

TGS news: Microsoft conference and some other announcements that are possi

135

Posts

  • HozHoz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This just makes me want to play the next Splinter Cell.

  • verpakeyesverpakeyes Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Nimble Cat wrote: »
    CoD4 was a terrible game.
    That sure is a fancy opinion you have there.

    pajoewangsexcrow.jpgXBOX live: verpa 15
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Nimble Cat wrote: »
    CoD4 was a terrible game.

    you're a terrible person





    the stealth part sounds interesting. makes sense since i doubt odst's can fight in some of the halo 3 set pieces without dying in the first few seconds

  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Darlan wrote: »
    If wonder if the Halo 3 expansion will be Hard-Drive exclusive. I remember when I first bought my Arcade 360 and saw the "Optimized for Hard-Drive" note on the back of the game. <img class=" title=":lol:" class="bbcode_smiley" />

    Understatement of the decade. First no online co-op, then they took away game types that were originally available to everyone instead of adding new one for new maps, and now they might actually be adding some decent plot into the single player campaign. (Yes, I'm still a bit bitter. Sorry. :P)

    Uh, Halo 3 has online co-op. And nearly every 360 game is 'hard drive optimized', doesn't mean anything (and doesn't affect Halo 3 play at all).

    The only gametype we lost was Neutral Flag and 4 Bomb/4 Flag.
    I'm talking about the Arcade units. Several gametypes were suddenly unavailable if you couldn't download even the free maps (which they added to the old gametypes that were originally available), and a hard drive is required for online co-op for some strange reason. Basically, they pulled the rug out from under Arcade unit owners. I understood that I would be unable to play the new maps, but having modes taken away and not having any on-line co-op were surprises for me, and I follow game news pretty closely.

    I don't mean to turn this into a bitch fest, though. I'm mostly just joking at how ridiculous the "Optimized for Hard Drive" label is on the back of the box at this point, what with an expansion coming up too.

    steam_sig.png
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hoz wrote: »
    This just makes me want to play the next Splinter Cell.

    oh you mean the hobo wrestling game it has turned into

  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ranced wrote: »
    Hoz wrote: »
    This just makes me want to play the next Splinter Cell.

    oh you mean the hobo wrestling game it has turned into

    You make it sound like a bad thing.

  • Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ranced wrote: »
    Nimble Cat wrote: »
    CoD4 was a terrible game.

    you're a terrible person





    the stealth part sounds interesting. makes sense since i doubt odst's can fight in some of the halo 3 set pieces without dying in the first few seconds

    It was thoroughly mediocre, and the online was crap. Halo has much better multiplayer.


    I'm just bitter my brother stopped playing Halo with me to play that game with his school friends.

  • HozHoz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hobos? I thought they were people coming from a McCain-Palin rally.

  • verpakeyesverpakeyes Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Your just so far off base its astounding.

    pajoewangsexcrow.jpgXBOX live: verpa 15
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman THANOSCOPTOR Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka ゲームセンターCX! 課長 ON!Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    verpakeyes wrote: »
    Nimble Cat wrote: »
    CoD4 was a terrible game.
    That sure is a fancy opinion you have there.


    I found the single player too narrow and scripted myself, I prefered Crysis all the way,

  • Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    verpakeyes wrote: »
    Your just so far off base its astounding.

    And your opinion is the only right one?




    Just watched the trailer. The game looks pretty sweet; the stealth aspect should be pretty interesting.

  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

    They have multiple projects.

  • HozHoz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ranced wrote: »

    They have multiple projects.
    ...relating to Halo.

  • Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ranced wrote: »

    They have multiple projects.

    You know they have a Cortana dating sim in the works.

  • verpakeyesverpakeyes Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    verpakeyes wrote: »
    Nimble Cat wrote: »
    CoD4 was a terrible game.
    That sure is a fancy opinion you have there.


    I found the single player too narrow and scripted myself, I prefered Crysis all the way,
    Well between Halo 3 and Cod4 I liked Crysis more too.... wait....:P


    And specifically with respect to how the actually game mechanics work, CoD4 plays about as perfectly as I have seen in recent years, a couple nods towards it by Bungie could definitely produce to perfect multiplayer experience as far as I am concerned.

    I honestly want the campaign to be fun and add some story, I want it to be linear. For non-linear I will have FarCry2 and Stalker:CS

    pajoewangsexcrow.jpgXBOX live: verpa 15
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hoz wrote: »
    Ranced wrote: »

    They have multiple projects.
    ...relating to Halo.

    Maybe you magically know, but we don't know all their projects as of yet. They aren't obligated to make Halo games anymore, or did people forget that Bungie isn't apart of MS anymore?

  • HozHoz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well, I am a wizard, motherfucker.

  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman THANOSCOPTOR Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ranced wrote: »
    Hoz wrote: »
    Ranced wrote: »

    They have multiple projects.
    ...relating to Halo.

    Maybe you magically know, but we don't know all their projects as of yet. They aren't obligated to make Halo games anymore, or did people forget that Bungie isn't apart of MS anymore?

    Apparently they are still a part of microsoft, as the comic quite clearly state that Bungie is in hell; and we all know that Bill Gates is the devil.

    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Maybe I should buy more 360 games. It's collecting dust while the Wii gets all the lovin'.

    oIi9lub.png
    Favicon.ico maximumzero / KrSaEN3.png 0860-3352-3335 / favicon.png eBay Shop / twitter-bird-16x16.png Twitter
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    complete opposite for me

  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I love the way the thread title is so long you can't decipher what stupid knock on Halo is hiding beyond the ellipses.

    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman MD; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Dammit this is not what I wanted to read. I was all set to unload my 360 since I haven't turned it on to seriously play in forever. And now I can't. Man my wallet is so fucked.

  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ranced wrote: »
    complete opposite for me

    I've been shopping for 360 games many times, but every time I'm in a position to buy a videogame, I'll usually end up picking up a Wii game or a DS game over a 360 game because I can never find anything that interests me enough.

    oIi9lub.png
    Favicon.ico maximumzero / KrSaEN3.png 0860-3352-3335 / favicon.png eBay Shop / twitter-bird-16x16.png Twitter
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    I love the way the thread title is so long you can't decipher what stupid knock on Halo is hiding beyond the ellipses.

    It was a joke.

    I was just going to put sell well.

  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ranced wrote: »
    complete opposite for me

    I've been shopping for 360 games many times, but every time I'm in a position to buy a videogame, I'll usually end up picking up a Wii game or a DS game over a 360 game because I can never find anything that interests me enough.

    I'd hate this to be a system wars lol talk, but the Wii doesn't really have much games I want for it, especially this Fall. Not one game.

    For the breadwinner of this gen, it still feels like I own a gamecube what with the lack of games.

  • FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Darlan wrote: »
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Darlan wrote: »
    If wonder if the Halo 3 expansion will be Hard-Drive exclusive. I remember when I first bought my Arcade 360 and saw the "Optimized for Hard-Drive" note on the back of the game. <img class=" title=":lol:" class="bbcode_smiley" />

    Understatement of the decade. First no online co-op, then they took away game types that were originally available to everyone instead of adding new one for new maps, and now they might actually be adding some decent plot into the single player campaign. (Yes, I'm still a bit bitter. Sorry. :P)

    Uh, Halo 3 has online co-op. And nearly every 360 game is 'hard drive optimized', doesn't mean anything (and doesn't affect Halo 3 play at all).

    The only gametype we lost was Neutral Flag and 4 Bomb/4 Flag.
    I'm talking about the Arcade units. Several gametypes were suddenly unavailable if you couldn't download even the free maps (which they added to the old gametypes that were originally available), and a hard drive is required for online co-op for some strange reason. Basically, they pulled the rug out from under Arcade unit owners. I understood that I would be unable to play the new maps, but having modes taken away and not having any on-line co-op were surprises for me, and I follow game news pretty closely.

    I don't mean to turn this into a bitch fest, though. I'm mostly just joking at how ridiculous the "Optimized for Hard Drive" label is on the back of the box at this point, what with an expansion coming up too.

    1) you can still play local co-op.

    2) oh, you mean playlists.. There's still no-DLC playlists - Rumble Pit, Lone Wolves, Social Slayer and Social Objective. Team SWAT came out after Legendary, MLG is crap and nobody plays it anyway.

  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tekken 6 for 360 I believe?

    Ahahahahahahahaha.

    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2008
    Oh hey, Metal Slug 7 and RE5 release date, at least something.

    2mong9u.jpg
  • DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Dammit, this means I'm going to have to buy two copies of Metal Slug 7.

    Signature not found.
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Jill Valentine to be a zombie in RE5. Callin' it

    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I know you love me I am loving you more.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Tekken 6 for 360 I believe?

    Ahahahahahahahaha.

    I was So Happy to hear the news. Kuma gunna getcha!

    acpRlGW.jpg291.gif
    Steam: cristke| Battlenet: SkinnerSweet#1401
  • LegacyLegacy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41048.html

    New Resident Evil 5 trailer. Oooh.

    Damn that looks good.

    *This space for rent.*
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kinda sucks that the comments from the guys on Tekken 6 in the Gamespot article on that said that there are gonna be alot of issues in porting it to the 360, since the game was based on PS3 hardware to begin with combined with the storage situation. Hopefully it will not affect the game, I'd like to see the 360 version be just as good as the PS3 one.

    Ill probably still end up getting the PS3 version to be safe though.

    camo_sig2.png
    XBL: Manetherenwolf | PSN: Manetherenwolf | STEAM: Manetherenwolf
  • NitsuaNitsua Newport News, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    VF5 was supposedly made just for the PS3 and look how that turned out. Shouldn't have to worry really. Of course, they may not have as good of a team as SEGA though, but it can be done well if they at least try.

  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman THANOSCOPTOR Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So, how long until the GoW spinoffs start? :D

    thanossig_zps4bf2ceeb.jpg
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Tekken 6 for 360 I believe?

    Ahahahahahahahaha.

    I was So Happy to hear the news. Kuma gunna getcha!

    Glad to hear it.

    I'm not interested in Tekken at all but it coming to the 360 is hilarious.

    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I like how Bungie narrated themselves into a corner with the ending of Halo 3 so that there was nowhere to go other than prologue.

    Also, the Tekken announcement would have interested me if Tekken had been anything other than crap for the last 3 versions.

    scarab you have mental problems
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I like how Bungie narrated themselves into a corner with the ending of Halo 3 so that there was nowhere to go other than prologue.

    Also, the Tekken announcement would have interested me if Tekken had been anything other than crap for the last 3 versions.

    They did that intentionally. They even talked about how when they originally presented the game to MS, they made it look very much like the Chief was going to be killed off outright. And didn't reveal the real story until much later.

Sign In or Register to comment.