As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Registration bug

mtdewmtdew Registered User, ClubPA regular
Go on, just try to register.

We seem to be lacking an entry for "user name." That makes it somewhat difficult to register, no? No wonder no one has registered since the 20th...

Thanks to enitnelav for the email heads up.

beware the can of mountain dew
stomping around and craving blood
mtdew on

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2003
    That's not a "problem," that's a "feature."

A duck! on
  • mtdewmtdew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    A "feature" that fills up my inbox. I think I'm one of the only mods with a posted email address. At least, that's what people are telling me. So when registration's fucked up, the most resourceful email me about it.

Hey-ho.

mtdew on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2003
    Pffft, not my problem.

A duck! on
  • OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    I think the solution then would be not to post your email address.

And It sounds likt a feature to me.

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited October 2003
    yep, that was another bug from my upgrades the other night.

I pasted the block of code about 2 lines to high, dropping it into an if statement it didn't belong in.

I'm not surprised. By the time 3am rolled by, everything was starting to look rather blury.

Ramius on
  • mtdewmtdew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    Another email from my personal tester, enitnelav (who is quiting, damn him). Still erroring. Username's back up but now we have a "General Error Could not insert data into users table."

mtdew on
  • OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    That user table is being a bit bothersome

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited October 2003
    Well, It's about 4 days late, but it appears I have user-registration completely working now.

I also snuck in the code to give them my email address if they don't receive their activation email.

So... I'm glad that is all taken care of.

Ramius on
    edited October 2003
    I don't know, generaly SE is at it's best when registrations are disabled

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    orthanc wrote:
    I don't know, generaly SE is at it's best when registrations are disabled

a more true statement has never been typed

UNTILL NOW!

and it's probably the tired thats making me type but hi ramius! is there gonna be a thread in here where we can casually chat it up with you? Just because you've deleted all of my attempts and the description of your place does say it's a place to chat with you. and i doubt you want many se++ type hijacks or such nonsense here. that's all.

I hope all is well. party on!

futility on
    edited October 2003
    futility wrote:
    chat it up with you?

So Ramius, I hear you're into stuff. Yeah, I like stuff too. So you want to come back to my place?

150cc: Perhaps we could finally put those paypal sigs to use.

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    well since orthanc continued it, I will go even further. (and not in the way of his asking you to go back to his place)

but yeah... what's up.

oh and did you know that anyone could start a poll in this thread. I was just wondering. It doesn't seem to be a problem or anything but I thought that maybe I should tell you hidden in some other thread like this one instead of just announcing it.

futility on
  • enitnelavenitnelav Registered User new member
    edited October 2003
    It works.

enitnelav on