As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: TFU (Ultimate Sith Edition out in US on PC, check thread)

MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman,so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Games and Technology
Click Here for Infinite Health and Force Save. PS3 Only!

star-wars-force-unleashed-banner-2.jpg

You play as the secret apprentice of Darth Vader in the time period between Episode III and Episode IV. After completing your tutelage under Vader, you are sent across the galaxy hunting the enemies of your Dark Lord including a Jedi who has managed to escaped the immediate wrath of Order 66. The game also features the evolution of Darth Vader's character in the aftermath of the death of his wife and serves as a bridge between the prequel and original trilogies.

Well that's all well and good, but what does it play like?

The Force Unleashed is built on a simple concept: what would happen if the Force were to be wielded by someone without any sort of self restraint? The answer is simple: KICK ALL SORTS OF ASS.

-+-

CHARACTERS:

The Secret Apprentice - The player character and savage wielder of the Force.

Juno Eclipse - An exceptional Imperial pilot, she was hand picked by Darth Vader himself to fly the Rogue Shadow, the personal vessel of his apprentice. May serve as a love interest for the young apprentice.

Marris Brood
- A padawan who's master has gone searching for answers, but never returned. Marris and her Jedi Master were in the Outer Rim when the Jedi purge began, but the Jedi Master could feel the great disturbance in the Force. Seeking answers, he left his young padawan. His last transmission revealed that the Jedi had been wiped out by Darth Vader. Marris leaves seeking her master and revenge, but is found by the Jedi Master Shaak Ti.

General Rahm Kota - An old friend of Mace Windu, the General has been in trenches from the age of nine. A gruff Jedi warrior trained by Master Yoda, he would volunteer for the Order's most dangerous missions and never left anyone behind. Respected by his colleges and feared by his enemies, the old soldier barely escaped Order 66 by fleeing the the Outer Rim.

PROXY - A prototype holodroid and the apprentice's constant companion. Advanced holographic technology allow PROXY to assume the appearance of anyone he needs to.

Shaak Ti
- Legendary member of the Jedi Council. Involved in conflicts during the Clone Wars including the epic battle on Geonosis. She has fled the destruction of her people and has found herself on Felucia, where she has trained Marris Brood and the Force-sensitive Felucians in preparation for the conflict with the Dark Lord.

-+-

SCREENS:

(All images stolen from IGN, as if you couldn't tell from the watermark.)
star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20070.jpg
star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20080.jpg
star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20-1.jpg
star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20-2.jpg

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20-3.jpg

-+-

VIDEOS:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Trailer

There's an excellent series of videos documenting of the making of the game that is up to it's third installment so far and can be found at the GameTrailers.

The movies below are some really nice vidoes of the game, but I must warn you that there are a few plot spoilers contained within. WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Other videos can also be found on the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed page at GameTrailers here.

-+-

PLATFORMS AND RELEASE DATE:

PS3 and XBOX360 with different versions developed by KROME appearing on the WII, PSP, and PS2. DS and N-GAGE (Nokia's mobile phone gaming service, not the piece of crap "system" they release a few years back) versions are also said to be in the works.

A rail shooter in the vein of Rebel Assault using the Force Unleashed title has also been announced for iPhone.

No PC version has been announced as of yet. Developers claim that the game wouldn't run on enough consumer's machines for the port to be profitable. It would run on many of our (the PA audience machines), yes. But their aim is the mass market, which they would miss.

Release dates are set for:

North America - September 16, 2008
Australia - September 17, 2008
Europe - September 19, 2008

(credits to Fig-D for the above)

AFTERMATH:

So it's out, what's it like? Some info in here (Work in progress)

For now let's just say opinions are polarised and it didn't review well.

Re ps3/360.

Some hate it, some find it fun, I glitched it like Neo in the matrix for infinite health and force, etc etc. It has a ton of glitches, some gamebreaking, like bosses going invincible. Some never encounter, some get them every boss fight.

Randombattle asserts the PSP version is a much better game though.

The Wii has waggle? Someone give me an opinion for the Wii version.

GAMEPLAY TIPS:

I wanted to get this put in the op a while ago so I'll past it here.
This is the one thing everybody is unanimously complaining about the most, including me (I literally was screaming at this point), so I'm providing a step by step guide to it. Read it when you get up to it if you don't want to be spoiled as to where it happens, but for the love of god, read it before actually continuing with the section.
First off, ignore the prompts. Just completely ignore them, they lie and you don't want to get used to them.
The two analogue sticks work as if each is the motive force of each hand. So the left stick is doing the left hand gripping, the right stick is doing the right hand gripping. Think of it as you physically reaching out and grabbing an object in front of you with the grip Starkiller is using. If you move it left, you twist it left with both hands. To move it up, you do the same. To move it left while also pulling the front up, you twist it left with the left hand, and push it up with the right.

So, if the object in front of you is facing towards the right, to get it to be facing you, you push left on the left stick, and up on the right stick.

This is what the prompts are trying to tell you, but ignore them and try to understand what I'm trying to tell you.

Now, what you have to do, is grip this thing and spin it around so that the nose is pointed directly at you, then push up on it so that the nose is pointed up. As long as you do that, the icons will go green. When they go green, stop touching the controls and wait. After about two seconds, the prompt will tell you to press down and hav elittle red arrows.
So hold down and pull it out of the sky.

Now, the part everyone hates the most, those fucking ties.
They come in regular waves of about six or seven. They strafe where you are standing, and move past in a figure eight pattern. An example: at least half of them will move through the center of the background and strafe at you, then move left off the screen, move into the background, swing back around, strafe at you again, then move right off the screen. You have to destroy them quickly, but you can't stand in the center of the screen to do it, you will et hit and stunned by their fire.

Now mentally divide the scene up into three parts. |---A---|---B---|---C---|
While you are gripping the destroyer, you will be automatically placed where the letter B is.
The | between the letter B and the letter C in the above diagram, is the location of a piece of cover. S denotes Starkiller and you want to take shelter in this piece of cover like this.

|---A---|---B---|S--C---|

When the tie's pass through the B section and move into the C section, when they get to this point.

|---A---|---B---|S--C-T-|

They become autotargettable. So you want to face him towards the top right of the screen, hold target to reposition him into the cover while facing this way, and do one of three things.

1). Wait till the autotarget appears on the tie, hold grip to grab it, and hold it there until the second tie runs into it. Repeat.

2). The same, but just zap it with a tap of the lightning button instead.

3). Don't move and keep hammering the grip button. The ties fall out of the sky with even the suggestion of a grip, soif you hammer it you are more likely to catch all of them in one pass and you wont waste any force power zapping empty space.

The other bitch in this level is a little piece of shit mother fucking zappy engine you've been using the whole game, that they put in the level at your height floating along because they thought they'd help the player by giving him something to shoot at ties.
Only all it does is get in the way of your targetting the ties, so usually one will get through.
As soon as it floats past level with you, hit force push once to make it drop.
I fucking hate that engine so much, it was the major source of frustration.

Once you have hopefully killed all the ties fast, hit grip again while facing the star destroyer.

It will have tried to move it's nose to either the left or right in a desperate attempt to foil you, so you'll have to move it back into position just like I mentioned last time.

As long as you have the nose pointing to you and facing slightly up, you will be fine.

However, when you are nearing the end and the thing is hanging massive in the sky, filling most of the screen, the prompts go completely batshit and start lying to you.
This is why I told you to ignore them in the first place. What you want to do here is point the nose at you, then push up while completely ignoring the batshit insane prompts which will spasm like they're having an epileptic fit, and then after you push up the nose far enough, they stop it and go green. So let go and wait till it tells you to pull it down.
Take heart when they start doing this though....it means you are only about ten seconds of pull down from the end of this atrocious excuse for a game breaking moment.

I hope this advice lets you view this event as something interesting and awesome instead of the blood pounding fury it engendered in me.

Btw this is how I take down the Star Destroyer now in my glitched game. This is a huge spoiler.

CHEAT CODES:

PS3/X360 Cheat Codes:
LIGHTSABER : One hit lightsaber kills. You can't save after entering this. No dismemberment.

KATARN : Maxed Force Powers. Ditto.

SOHNDANN : All costumes unlocked. No Vader or "You know who". Emperor is there though. You can save after this, but I've never managed to keep the costumes regardless of what I do.

MINDTRICK : Mirror image/ reverses all levels. Left is right etc. Your controls are the same, although your dude will use a different hand.

Most other codes are just derivatives of these, like unlocking one combo at a time, etc, so I can't be bothered with them. They're on Gamefaqs if you want to check if I've missed one.

PSP Codes:
SPEEDER 1,000,000 Force points
LIGHTSABER Amplified lightsaber damage
CORTOSIS Godmode
COUNTDOOKU Increase combos to maximum level
KATARN Increase force powers to maximum level
VERGENCE Unlimited force
TYRANUS Unlock all force powers
GRANDMOFF All Costumes

I got no idea how these work I just copied off gamefaqs.

Wii:

Apparently the same as psp according to gamefaqs?

-+-

(Fig-d's original funnies)

Nothing like a Penny Arcade comic to spruce up an OP, right?
I think the Euphoria stuff is really cool, but stormtroopers holding hands is funny "OH JESUS WE'RE GOING TO DIE" "I know... I... I love you man. I always wanted to say, I, I've always loved you" "I know ...I always knew" *SET CUDDLE PHYSICS TO 1"

20080201.jpg

My original op.

Sup.

Love it or hate it right here folks.

I can't get the op from the old thread since you can't quote what is locked, unless I'm missing some other forum thingamebob, so let me get a coffee and some breakfast and I'll work on a good op in an hour or so.

I guess I should put a screenshot in here to tide you guys over.

Uh. Here's the apprentice throwing an Otyugh. (Screenshot prepared earlier)

sw-force-unleashed2.jpg

It's a shame I was planning to put the best hate and love posts from the old thread in here.

Anyway time for that coffee/breakfast and then I'll work on it some more ugh it's 8:22am here wtf did I get up this early on a sunday again I have no idea.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
Morninglord on

• Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Star Wars: The Fuck U

how good is this game on the iPhone?

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Here's the first or second version on the old OP. I stopped saving it after that.
    star-wars-force-unleashed-banner-2.jpg

You play as the secret apprentice of Darth Vader in the time period between Episode III and Episode IV. After completing your tutelage under Vader, you are sent across the galaxy hunting the enemies of your Dark Lord including a Jedi who has managed to escaped the immediate wrath of Order 66. The game also features the evolution of Darth Vader's character in the aftermath of the death of his wife and serves as a bridge between the prequel and original trilogies.

Well that's all well and good, but what does it play like?

The Force Unleashed is built on a simple concept: what would happen if the Force were to be wielded by someone without any sort of self restraint? The answer is simple: KICK ALL SORTS OF ASS.

-+-

CHARACTERS:

The Secret Apprentice - The player character and savage wielder of the Force.

Juno Eclipse - An exceptional Imperial pilot, she was hand picked by Darth Vader himself to fly the Rogue Shadow, the personal vessel of his apprentice. May serve as a love interest for the young apprentice.

Marris Brood
    - A padawan who's master has gone searching for answers, but never returned. Marris and her Jedi Master were in the Outer Rim when the Jedi purge began, but the Jedi Master could feel the great disturbance in the Force. Seeking answers, he left his young padawan. His last transmission revealed that the Jedi had been wiped out by Darth Vader. Marris leaves seeking her master and revenge, but is found by the Jedi Master Shaak Ti.

General Rahm Kota - An old friend of Mace Windu, the General has been in trenches from the age of nine. A gruff Jedi warrior trained by Master Yoda, he would volunteer for the Order's most dangerous missions and never left anyone behind. Respected by his colleges and feared by his enemies, the old soldier barely escaped Order 66 by fleeing the the Outer Rim.

PROXY - A prototype holodroid and the apprentice's constant companion. Advanced holographic technology allow PROXY to assume the appearance of anyone he needs to.

Shaak Ti
    - Legendary member of the Jedi Council. Involved in conflicts during the Clone Wars including the epic battle on Geonosis. She has fled the destruction of her people and has found herself on Felucia, where she has trained Marris Brood and the Force-sensitive Felucians in preparation for the conflict with the Dark Lord.

-+-

SCREENS:

(All images stolen from IGN, as if you couldn't tell from the watermark.)
    star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20070.jpg
    star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20080.jpg
    star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20-1.jpg
    star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20-2.jpg

Jesus Christ that image screams awesome, or brooding emo, but mostly awesome.

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20-3.jpg

-+-

VIDEOS:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Trailer

There's an excellent series of videos documenting of the making of the game that is up to it's third installment so far and can be found at the GameTrailers.

The movies below are some really nice vidoes of the game, but I must warn you that there are a few plot spoilers contained within. WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Other videos can also be found on the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed page at GameTrailers here.

-+-

PS3 and XBOX360 with different versions developed by KROME appearing on the WII, PSP, and PS2. DS and N-GAGE (Nokia's mobile phone gaming service, not the piece of crap "system" they release a few years back) versions are also said to be in the works.

A rail shooter in the vein of Rebel Assault using the Force Unleashed title has also been announced for iPhone.

No PC version has been announced as of yet. Developers claim that the game wouldn't run on enough consumer's machines for the port to be profitable. It would run on many of our (the PA audience machines), yes. But their aim is the mass market, which they would miss.

Release dates are set for:

North America - September 16, 2008
    Australia - September 17, 2008
    Europe - September 19, 2008

-+-

I WANT THIS SO BAD!

Nothing like a Penny Arcade comic to spruce up an OP, right?
    I think the Euphoria stuff is really cool, but stormtroopers holding hands is funny "OH JESUS WE'RE GOING TO DIE" "I know... I... I love you man. I always wanted to say, I, I've always loved you" "I know ...I always knew" *SET CUDDLE PHYSICS TO 1"

20080201.jpg

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh you fucking rock.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    No problem. I think all that's missing from my last version is a few miscellaneous edits I did (which I can't remember so they must not have been that important) and the second Penny-Arcade comic.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah all I want to do is add all the opinions so people know if it's for them or not and gameplay tips so people can have less of a frustrating time.

And maybe a boasting vid or two I mean why not eh.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I got a glitch of my own. But, it's rubbish. I used the code to unlock all the crystals, but it let me save even though it said I couldn't. Rather have the 'All abilities at Level Fuck' glitch to be honest. And the compressed and unstable crystals look a bit rubbish anyway. Sigh.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You can get the All Abilites and All Combos codes to work and make your game saveable. Haven't figured out how Morninglord's copy ordained him as its Lord and Master, though. That's the one glitch I want.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    I wish Gamefly would send me this damn game instead of UT3 and Katamari.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Now that's I've played KotOR twice, I think it's time to throw this back into the 360.

You should get the 360/PS3 codes in the OP, so I don't have to look them up. :D

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Done.

I should ask in the ps3 thread how to copy a ps3 save onto my computer so I can upload my glitch.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Done.

I should ask in the ps3 thread how to copy a ps3 save onto my computer so I can upload my glitch.

Copy it into a flash drive using the XMB and then copy and upload it from your PC to the site of your choice.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This sounds awesome, but I'm worried if I get the Wii version, it won't be the same game as the 'next-gen' versions.

Or is it?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    This sounds awesome, but I'm worried if I get the Wii version, it won't be the same game as the 'next-gen' versions.

Or is it?
    I think the Wii version is the same as the PSP one which is to say that it is a better game the next gen ones. You don't get the ultra fancy wood breaking and metal bending physics but you get a wide range of more useful force powers, better saber combat, extra levels that make more sense to the story, and a plethora of extra costumes, characters, and game modes.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's not, graphics/physics-wise. However you get a couple of extra levels (Before the first level on the 360 you get to hit up the Jedi Temple first). Supposedly all saber stuff is on the wiimote and all Force powers are mapped to the nunchuck (waggle + buttons).

I need to rent this myself.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This thread gets no love. <3

I beat the PSP version today, and I have to say, I prefer the 360. PSP's extra levels felt like forced filler, the combos weren't as good, the powers felt weak (especially lightning), and boss/miniboss fights take forever. Also, the QTE button sequences change every time you do them, and if you miss a beat, you get knocked out of it, the boss regens health, and you have to whittle them down before you can try again.

If this is the way the Wii/PS2 versions play, I'm sorry. It's bad.

Houn on
  • Options
    SebbieSebbie Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I rented this yesterday and finished it this morning. I had a blast with it but got very frustrated at a few spots
    (strangely enough, pulling the Star Destroyer wasn't one of them).

My main gripe with the game was the slippery slopes. I've never played a game that punishes the player for wanting to explore to find the cubes THEY hid in the levels.

"Oh hey... there's a platform there, maybe there's a cube!"

*Jump, jump, hit invisible wall, kind of glitch on to the platform followed by a slip into a pit where you die*

Rinse and repeat.

I think the Sarlac level was the guiltiest party.

Sebbie on
    "It's funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating."
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    There's a book based on this right?

I'd love to read the story without actually going through the hassle of playing the thing.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    TiemlerTiemler Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I'd love to read the story without actually going through the hassle of playing the thing.

Just play on Apprentice. No hassle to it, and you get to play through all the cool fan-service moments instead of just reading about them in substandard prose. Even on Sith Warrior, it's perfectly manageable.

Tiemler on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I was playing on apprentice and dodging around like a worried bitch avoiding attacks that take like a quarter of your life bar on sith lord and when I got hit by one due to my own mistake it took like .05 of a percent and I was like you what.

Seriously, the difficulty description text doesn't lie, apprentice is incredibly easy combat wise. I know that most games lie in the difficulty descriptions but in this game they're telling the truth.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Just go read I, Jedi. A much more rewarding book experience based on jedi.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    That's absolutely true and not his question at all. :P

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    No but any chance I can get to suggest someone towards reading I, Jedi is a good thing.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Damn straight.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I, Jedi. Then all five Michael Stackpole X-Wing books. Really, the only Star Wars novels I've actually found to be worth reading. :)

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    If you have read the Thrawn trilogy and did not like it Catalese I respectfully hypothesise that you never liked Star Wars in the first place.

If you haven't read them then you should.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ah, I did enjoy the Thrawn trilogy. And the Hand of Thrawn duology. Really those are givens before you start reading any other novels. But, Zahn's writing grates on me after a while so I need to take a bit of space in between reads. Whereas I find I can go straight from one X-Wing book into another without stopping.

Actually. It could be because every source in the EU, *every* source, writes Luke Skywalker like a deus ex machina with the personality of a know-it-all brick even though he was nothing like that in the films, and Stackpole's books doesn't have *too* much Luke in it.

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It's because he gave that impression in rotj before Vader and the emperor turned him back into the screaming whiney dork he always was.

But then again one's father has the tendency to destroy many a man's composure.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tiemler wrote: »

Just play on Apprentice. No hassle to it, and you get to play through all the cool fan-service moments instead of just reading about them in substandard prose. Even on Sith Warrior, it's perfectly manageable.

Well, I played the demo and it's just such a poorly controlling, dull, rather mediocre game. I have better things to do with my time.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Catalase wrote: »
    Ah, I did enjoy the Thrawn trilogy. And the Hand of Thrawn duology. Really those are givens before you start reading any other novels. But, Zahn's writing grates on me after a while so I need to take a bit of space in between reads. Whereas I find I can go straight from one X-Wing book into another without stopping.

Actually. It could be because every source in the EU, *every* source, writes Luke Skywalker like a deus ex machina with the personality of a know-it-all brick even though he was nothing like that in the films, and Stackpole's books doesn't have *too* much Luke in it.

Stackpole's X-wing books win because they feature Wedge Antilles and Corran Horn, two of the better characters in the Star Wars universe.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The demo was fun. I need the full game now.

But the AT-ST part took me a few deaths to figure out how to hurt it. D:

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The game was fun enough, but I long for a full sequel or even a remake of the Jedi Knight series. On pc.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

The DS version has already been released, and is quite sub-par compared to the others.

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    That's from my old OP, whoops.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    chasm wrote: »
    Catalase wrote: »

Stackpole's X-wing books win because they feature Wedge Antilles and Corran Horn, two of the better characters in the Star Wars universe.
    Totally.
    Corran needs to have his own video game for being so awesome.

And I liked the way Luke was portrayed in I, Jedi the best. Just a farm boy with powers trying to pass the same teachings he didn't quite understand to his students.

randombattle on
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I actually can't play this game properly anymore because I broke my r1 and l1 buttons on gta and dmc and now this game has annihilated the target button and it randomly sticks.

And sometimes dash just wont work at all. :(

Morninglord on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well, this took some digging up but hey, I think it's worth it. Ok, on the Xbox marketplace is an add-on pack with SEVEN new character skins and 3 new costumes for Starkiller.

Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker (RotJ outfit), Darth Sion, Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi-Mundi and an Imperial Commando. The 3 costumes are Hooded Combat Gear, General Starkiller and Sith Assassin.

And all at a non-ass-raping price of 400 points.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Also up on PSN.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So 5 bucks for 10 costumes? Where's the new level they were talking about?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I actually picked that up, and I have to say, seeing Darth Sion with a black lightsaber killing the hell out of Vader is amazingly cool.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man I absolutely loved this game. Though pulling down the Star Destroyer was really annoying... Even if it was badass.

urahonky on