As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halloween - Tricks, treats, and opinions.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yea, this is one reason I kind of want to go out tonight. While we have never gotten egged, we usually go to my Uncle's place every year.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My costume for today:
    PimpOfXmasPast.jpg

Bonus: My bling is actually kako's astrolabe

Costume from yesterday:
    halloween2.jpg

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Am I the only one who gets creeped out when the 10 - 14-year-old girls in my neighborhood show up wearing one of the slutty costumes? I mean, I know it's just my old-fashioned sense of slutty and to them it's probably normal, but come on. If you're young enough to still be trick-or-treating, don't come to my house as the "sexy ref" or whatever, it's weird.

Yar on
  • Options
    geckahngeckahn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yar wrote: »
    Am I the only one who gets creeped out when the 10 - 14-year-old girls in my neighborhood show up wearing one of the slutty costumes? I mean, I know it's just my old-fashioned sense of slutty and to them it's probably normal, but come on. If you're young enough to still be trick-or-treating, don't come to my house as the "sexy ref" or whatever, it's weird.

yeah, thats fucked up

geckahn on
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah it's like a dang cosplay convention up in here.

Yar on
  • Options
    AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So driving home from school today I saw a small figure wearing a white sheet- I yelled "Nice fucking costume!" out my window. As I rolled past, however, I made a shocking realization. It was a short Muslim woman wearing a white outfit.

I think I went 20 over the whole way home.

Amphetamine on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So driving home from school today I saw a small figure wearing a white sheet- I yelled "Nice fucking costume!" out my window. As I rolled past, however, I made a shocking realization. It was a short Muslim woman wearing a white outfit.

I think I went 20 over the whole way home.

Hahahaha.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    RaggaholicRaggaholic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wait what? I haven't seen any of those. Not "sexy ref" or "sexy cop" for kids (although I have seen a woman let her nine year old daughter try on her "sexy cop" costume and take pictures before she put the same costume on...).

Raggaholic on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah it's like a dang cosplay convention up in here.

I saw a fat Yuna today walking to class today. My friend once noted that Halloween is probably heaven for cosplayers.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    geckahn wrote: »

yeah, thats fucked up

You're the ones who see ten-14 year-olds as being sexy.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I uh

tried to be Death from Sandman

My hair is too long but I fucking refuse to cut it!

Also ghetto ankh made of pepsi can aluminum. Hot glue apparently does not stick to it very well. Have suffered wounds from sharp edges. I suffer for my (mediocre) art!
    Photo23.jpg
    Photo23.jpg

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The Monarch will destroy Dr Venture once and for all!

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I uh

tried to be Death from Sandman

My hair is too long but I fucking refuse to cut it!

Also ghetto ankh made of pepsi can aluminum. Hot glue apparently does not stick to it very well. Have suffered wounds from sharp edges. I suffer for my (mediocre) art!
    Photo23.jpg
    Photo23.jpg

Girl on the internet- RUN!!!!!

Might be the pics, but some baby powder could really help give your skin a whiter look. Also, your anhk can double as a ninja star.

Tach on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hakks = teh hawt

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The only thing hotter is her love for Big O. <3

Tach on
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hakks = teh hawt

Hah! Girl on Internet, indeed.

Edit:
    Great costume, though, Hakks. I approve of any Gaiman-related products and/or byproducts.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So shameless plug, if anyone wants some sonically evil tunes, please hit up my ol blog The Ghost Town and download the shit out of my mix and enjoy it. Alteratively it's also over at earfuzz.com too. Anyways, its the first mix I've really made and am proud at my first attempt and want to share the fuck out of it.

BlackbeardonGuitar on
    n13908669_48529144_9322.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    so yeah, joker costume #437, 277, 321. (sigh, i'm going to a party. i bet there'll be TONS of us jokers)
    be gentle ( i got all costume pieces from goodwill/ marshalls)
    1ta061.jpg
    2h4bbll.jpg
    33ncmxd.jpg
    10gmsfa.jpg
    2py3llh.jpg

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Better than some I've seen. There's one kid here at my office that just did make-up. He looks pretty dumb.

Tach on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That joker costume is sick. The second to last photo is creepy D:

tach: I used baby powder, it just keeps shaking off!

Also I just noticed i posted the same image twice, i meant to show the full body. I went with generic goth skirt Death, so as to keep the budget in check.
    Photo35.jpg

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Yeah its gonna be like the Office tonight. Everyone is gonna be the joker.

BlackbeardonGuitar on
    n13908669_48529144_9322.jpg
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    I didn't plan on doing anything tonight, but I got invited to a party. So, being that I had an old uniform from Truly Nolen (pest control company I used to work for) with the name Jeff on it, I went out and found a bunch of plastic bugs, superglued them all over myself, and tonight I am Jeff the Terrible Exterminator.

cr0w on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Picture-037.jpg

not sure how this is... pretty crappy actually.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think one of the kids (that came by trick or treating) may have actually had a Null costume. Or at the very least not a plain old Clone Trooper.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Is it just me or are kids not trying anymore? I literally had two or three kids just wear a fucking sports jersey, hold their bags out and then walk away without even saying "trick o' treat" or "thank you."

I hate these fucking types of kids. Get off my lawn!!!!

Best costume of the night? Optimus Prime, by my neighbor's 5 year old. He got a couple extra Skittles for that.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are kids not trying anymore? I literally had two or three kids just wear a fucking sports jersey, hold their bags out and then walk away without even saying "trick o' treat" or "thank you."

Best costume of the night? Optimus Prime, by my neighbor's 5 year old. He got a couple extra Skittles for that.

I think it's because the Simpsons Halloween specials have gotten worse.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Idx86 wrote: »

I think it's because the Simpsons Halloween specials have gotten worse.

I blame gay marriage.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If you must have gay sex, for the love of Halloween, put a werewolf mask on. It's the only way to keep the holiday alive!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Some Halloween pictures from today:
    n1048447422_190720_9046.jpg
    n1048447422_190723_9790.jpg
    n1048447422_190727_697.jpg

I have some other pictures, but can't get at them just yet. My costume wasn't completed here (I was missing my awesome head bandages) and neither was my cousin, Matthew's.

I'll throw them up when I get a chance, but we had a blast this year.

Made lots of kids cry.

:^:

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It looks like Fox Movie Channel is keeping "Phantom of the Paradise" on a continuous loop tonight in their own Halloween celebration.

Dalboz on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Halloween is awesome.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Picture-037.jpg

not sure how this is... pretty crappy actually.

that's fucking awesome. You're just missing the eyebrows.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    There was CHRISTMAS MUSIC on the radio tonight. D:

This keeps up and the "holiday season" is going to start around January 2nd.

Now, if was Easter music, fine..

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What the hell is easter music.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I had to work all night tonight and didn't get to partake in any halloween shenanigans. I didn't even get to carve my damned pumpkin. :(

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Just reminded me of this episode of That 70's Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6raSw9BOh8

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I have no idea. But "music celebrating our Lord and Savior being horrible impaled then rising from the dead" would be semi-appropriate for Halloween. (Great Zombie Jesus!)

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Halloween Postmortem:

The Sherlock Holmes costume. I already had the hat (requested it as a joke for a birthday a few years back and ended up getting it), ordered a $10 pipe off of Amazon, and threw on a dress shirt and pajama pants, then added a bathrobe on top.
    n7822581097355fz8.th.jpgthpix.gif

I actually ended up winning the costume contest (collector's edition of Nightmare Before Christmas). Next year: the Master (assuming I can find someone to be the Doctor), my own Facebook page), or a group costume with several others as the guests from Clue. (I have already called dibs on Wadsworth, and plan to rent a tuxedo for the occasion.)

Best costume that didn't win: probably the 3 girls who were the original Charlie's Angels.

Also, I went to go see the Rocky Horror Picture Show for the first time, and am rather disappointed that I didn't do this sooner.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Today is the day you wear the Joker costume, if you want to make an impression.

Or tomorrow.

Or perhaps a week from now.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Today is the day you wear the Joker costume, if you want to make an impression.

Or tomorrow.

Or perhaps a week from now.

Or just start rotating over the various interpretations for the rest of the year.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.