As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halloween - Tricks, treats, and opinions.

1234568»

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Scalfin wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Today is the day you wear the Joker costume, if you want to make an impression.

Or tomorrow.

Or perhaps a week from now.

Or just start rotating over the various interpretations for the rest of the year.

For some reason I feel the Ceaser Romero version is best reserved for Easter Sunday.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Scalfin wrote: »
    Today is the day you wear the Joker costume, if you want to make an impression.

Or tomorrow.

Or perhaps a week from now.

Or just start rotating over the various interpretations for the rest of the year.

For some reason I feel the Ceaser Romero version is best reserved for Easter Sunday.

aaaJoker.jpg

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    My job let us dress up; I went as a pirate: tricorn hat, a bit of jewelry on a chain attached to one sleeve, eye-patch (depth perception became a minor issue), casual business pants and shoes.

Saw some really nice adult outfits. Neo (which surprised me) the Joker (of course), the Banana (from PBJ-time). Not many other pirates; the only other adult one was quite a bit better than mine.

Next year, I think I must go as Dream. I could...probably pull it off. Must research this.

Tamin on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Tamin wrote: »
    My job let us dress up; I went as a pirate: tricorn hat, a bit of jewelry on a chain attached to one sleeve, eye-patch (depth perception became a minor issue), casual business pants and shoes.

Saw some really nice adult outfits. Neo (which surprised me) the Joker (of course), the Banana (from PBJ-time). Not many other pirates; the only other adult one was quite a bit better than mine.

Next year, I think I must go as Dream. I could...probably pull it off. Must research this.

The only problem w/ banana costumes is that they look like a kkk getup when it's dark out.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    An-DAn-D Enthusiast AshevilleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    My costume ended up like 10x better than I thought it would.

aa-027.jpg

By the time these were taken, the cold air had made the Two-Face part all rigid...so I couldn't really make any facial expressions. But it looks classy.
    aa-119.jpg

aa-118.jpg

An-D on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I slapped together two pieces of cardboard and an ill-fitting suit and went as the DOW Jones:

n13003512_32132957_3982.jpg
    n13003512_32132958_4276.jpg

Hachface on
  • Options
    SamorisSamoris Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dear D&D, am I a terrible/tasteless person for having gone as Harry Whittington for Halloween this year?

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/02/18/whittington_wideweb__470x353,0.jpg
    For those of you who don't know, Harry Whittington is the guy Dick Cheney shot in the face.

Samoris on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I went as a Corpirate.

I'll find my pics later.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Better late than never with some photos.

Me (scarycrow):
    halloween02.jpg

Me and the wife (she's a wolf-girl):
    halloween01.jpg

Tach on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I was the Master Chief! Pictures soon!

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    n34601694_31673265_7357.jpg
    n34601694_31673291_5208.jpg

flamebroiledchicken on
    y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    BigBearBigBear If your life had a face, I would punch it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    My Halloween was actually pretty decent, at least better than the past two years. I did this thing that UMass Lowell does called Halloween SafeZone. It's basically this thing where kids in the city can trick or treat safely here at the dorms. I know what you guys are thinking, but believe me, it's not lame like trick or treating at a mall. I kind of went with this "zombie apocalypse" theme for my decorations, I actually made some myself for the door. I also had a zombie mask and everything, though I didn't try to scare the really little kids (although, there were some 14 year olds who didn't wear costumes. I tried to let 'em have it, but they mostly dismissed my attempts at mischief with "yeah, cute" and "man this holiday sucks, can you just get the candy already?" Those little shits were lucky I was in a good mood that night...). Afterwards, I hung out, drank beer, and played Guitar Hero with a bunch of kids on my floor. One of the guys dressed up like a giant hot dog, while his girlfriend was a sexy Little Red Riding Hood. We also had a trio where the two girls were Cruella DeVille and a sexy devil respectively, while the guy had a sweet-ass Proto Man costume. Weirdest combinations ever. They all went to a party around midnight, but I stayed behind and played table tennis with two other kids across the hall from me. What can I say, I was exhausted. Around 2 AM I decided to call it a night.

Unfortunately, I don't have pics of costumes, but I do have some shots of my door decorations (you can view the entire photostream there):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32147132@N08/3001030545/

So, any more costume pics?

BigBear on
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    P1100724.jpg
    We dress up on Halloween at the office.
    P1100756-1.jpg
    Poor guy who dressed up as Rorschach. No one had any idea of what he's suppose to be.

DanHibiki on