As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR]: TSM SWITCHING SERVERS TO RED EYE!

• Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Angry wrote: »
    Oddjob187 wrote: »
    Angry wrote: »
    really getting sick of bright wizards being able to kill me from full with 3 instant cast dots.

high five! Welcome to my world!

I made a Marauder. He is rank 13. I hate fighting against a constant snare spam. I can't wait until I can break snares and face rape people.

Also; playing melee I've learned something important. Don't even bother chasing a White Lion in Phoenix Gate. The god damned lion can snare. Honestly. The bloody cat can snare so the damned prissy elf can run off with my flag. >_<

you mean break snares and get immediately snared again.

i hope you enjoy standing around being useless until you die.

Don't worry, marauders get their revenge at Rank 40, where they can kill a squishy EVERY TEN SECONDS and there's pretty much nothing they can do about it. Nerf tentacle rape.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Teth wrote: »
    - Roots need diminishing returns. I don't know if they're supposed to already, but I've been submitting bug reports regardless. The DR's should be the same as those associated with knock-backs and disabling effects. Either that, or abilities that remove CC need to make you immune to the effects for several seconds (I'd say five seconds would be ample) after it has been used to successfully remove a root.

Mythic HATES people who submit feedback as bug reports.

Also, this will only fly if they give immunity to snares as well. It's also an indirect nerf to Witch Elf and Witch Hunter root breaks. Also tanks should not get immunity, since they're supposed to be kitable and killed by magic casters.

Dracil on
  • Options
    TethTeth __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Dracil wrote: »
    - Roots need diminishing returns. I don't know if they're supposed to already, but I've been submitting bug reports regardless. The DR's should be the same as those associated with knock-backs and disabling effects. Either that, or abilities that remove CC need to make you immune to the effects for several seconds (I'd say five seconds would be ample) after it has been used to successfully remove a root.

And they can hate on me all day until it gets fixed.

Teth on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Hate as in, locked and ignored kind of hate. At least back in beta. Feedback goes in feedback, not bug reports.

And what is it with MMORPG people today where anything they dislike = "broken" and needs to get "fixed"? That's just trying to pretend that their subjective opinion is somehow objective fact. I get enough of that on the WHA and VN boards.

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

Hate as in, locked and ignored kind of hate. At least back in beta. Feedback goes in feedback, not bug reports.

And what is it with MMORPG people today where anything they dislike = "broken" and needs to get "fixed"? That's just trying to pretend that their subjective opinion is somehow objective fact. I get enough of that on the WHA and VN boards.

First, you're assuming that I didn't also submit feedback - which I did. But you displayed such immediate irascibility I couldn't help but have a little fun. Like on the WHA and VN boards.

;)

Teth on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

First, you're assuming that I didn't also submit feedback - which I did. But you displayed such immediate irascibility I couldn't help but have a little fun. Like on the WHA and VN boards.

;)

Well that's 'cause you said yourself that you submitted it as a bug report. Wasting Mythic's time reading non-bug reports under bug reports delays their ability to get to the real bugs. Yes, you're one person, but I don't doubt you're the only one who does this.

Dracil on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Also, this will only fly if they give immunity to snares as well. It's also an indirect nerf to Witch Elf and Witch Hunter root breaks. Also tanks should not get immunity, since they're supposed to be kitable and killed by magic casters.

Adding five seconds of immunity to the tank root break, which starts out having a 60s recharge and with tactics can be improved to 20s would hardly prevent anyone from kiting a tank.

Giving every other class root breaks that have some period of immunity but not tanks would make playing a tank suck massive amounts of ass in RvR.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2008
    Slow renown gain is slooow. I 'm 17/12, I need 18/16 for mah gloves!

Echo on
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That's kinda where the play forever factor comes in. We get rested xp but not for renown. I don't think we can actually keep up level wise, unless maybe you never ever quest ever. But something is better than nothing.

I sort of caught up with 30/27 because I nerfed leveling and only played scenarios(on destro it works that way) for a level or so.

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2008
    Actually, I think rested XP is gained too slow as well.

Echo on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    why can destro have like, 3 zealots and 2 shaman and we have a single archmage that seems focused on damage

what is that about, WHERE IS THE COSMIC BALANCE

tyrannus on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ash is a jerk face.

A jerk face.

Quid on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Level 30 / Renown 23 Squig Herder here on Brettonia

Let me tell you as a squig herder using the AOE quick shooting spec I can do a lot of damage. I may not rain death like a mage...and tanks might think a misquitto hit them at a high speed but it adds up at the end of the round. Finished a Tor Annoc last night with 85k damage and topped damage for both sides. Now if I can just get it to where a stiff breeze doesn't kill me. I swear last night a witch hunter killed by targeting. I didn't see damage or anything just he came around a corner looked at me and I died. No chance for retaliation or anything.

God I need the all by myself tatic

*Goes back to hiding behind boulders or on small rocks in the lava yelling pew pew pew as he shoots sticks into a crowd*

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah aoe spiral/plink works really well for getting you on the damage board.

It also usually does little to actually help your team win, as the damage its doing is being negated by the group heals/hot's.

And no it doesn't work as well as applying large amounts of damage to one target, because usually no one else is hitting those people, so it's not really a threat.

Morkath on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Had a great time ripping Order a new one in Tor Anroc tonight. Won like 7 games straight. I can't wait to hit 25 and spec back to Destruction and new shiny Pit of Shades.

captaink on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    destruction outleveled t3 on my server =/
    2 tor games in an hour =/

Morkath on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    That's right you order fucks

Dok Karaz is MINE (ours) ALL FUCKING MINE (ours)

Also thanks to you who helped, etc

The healers present were fucking awesome

-Grimtuf

SJ on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    WAR crashed for me and now refuses to work. The patch loader opens and when I press play, nothing.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    WAR crashed for me and now refuses to work. The patch loader opens and when I press play, nothing.

Is there a utility similar to WoW's repair.exe for Warhammer? Something that inspects file integrity that doesn't require you to logon first?

Teth on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    tyrannus wrote: »
    why can destro have like, 3 zealots and 2 shaman and we have a single archmage that seems focused on damage

what is that about, WHERE IS THE COSMIC BALANCE

The balance is the scenario I was in recently where my shaman was the only healer, but we had 6 Magi all level 4 or below and a naked Chosen as the only tank.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I've been in a slew of scenarios lately where Order has literally zero healers, and half the Destruction side were Zealots and Shaman.

We lost all of them real hard. And oh, did I whine.

Teth on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've been in a slew of scenarios lately where Order has literally zero healers, and half the Destruction side were Zealots and Shaman.

Did people forget how awesome Warrior Priests are?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »

Did people forget how awesome Warrior Priests are?

In T1/T2? Yeah it seems so. The whole "too many WP/BW" thing has sort of reversed, and now those classes are scarcer sub-T3.

I remember creating a Bright Wizard a few weeks back and staring at five(!) other level 1 BW's talking to that first quest giver with me. Oh and some random Witch Hunter. I immediatley rolled a WP instead, only to get to the Ch.2 Burnign Windmill PQ and it was ~50% WP's everywhere. We couldn't finish the final stage, despite our numbers.

Now you'll go a scenario in Mourkaine, look at the scoreboard and suddenly realize "WTF? One BW? Shit that's why we lost."

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    80% of scenarios on Karak Eight Peaks have maybe 1 or if we're lucky 2 healers on destro and like 5 healers minimum on order.

Seriously, so many runepriests. I once saw a tower made completely out of runepriests!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The T1 Scenarios on Darklands are wonderful tonight. I've just hit 9 on my Shadow Warrior from hitting up the instant queues.

Hell March is working so well for music right now.

Kelor on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The portal called to me, and I could not help but heed it.

The journey was not easy... when there were no more enemies trying to end my life, the ground itself became treacherous, and threatened to drop me into oblivion. Still, I soldiered on.

At its mouth I stood, gazing upon its terrible magnificence. It beckoned me still, but I saw in the shimmering surface of the portal a sea of mouths, as though all those who had entered before me were crying out, trying to warn me, their voices long failed.

Hesitantly, I set one foot forward, uncertain. I stood there for a moment, and fear, an emotion I had thought long abolished from my heart, began to well up within me. The portal loomed still, mere feet from me... and its siren call faded from my mind as I resolved not to press forward. But then at the moment when I lifted my foot again, to turn away and leave well enough alone... it pulled me in.

Darkness, no, nothingness enveloped me. It was an absolute absence of feeling, impossible to describe in any other terms, and simply unimaginable for you or anyone else who has not experienced it. This un-feeling persisted for but a moment, one that will never be forgotten by this Chosen...

And then reality rushed back, overwhelming my senses. I found myself hearing the breaking of gentle waves on sandy shore, smelling the salt in the air and felt the soft ocean breeze work its way through the grille on my helmet. The island I was on was small, devoid of anything but a few rocks and some vegetation, but the tranquility and simple beauty of this isolated atoll... simply using such words to describe something in earnest is something that I would have never thought myself capable of. I felt as though I should simply set aside my shield and axe, and remove my armor, and sit on the island here in quiet isolation.

And then I was back. The winds of Chaos howled around me, and I could see the edges of the Inevitable City shifting, drifting... the City itself was not reality, not wholly. But had what I experienced been any more real? Tangibility means nothing when heavy in the miasma of thought and dream. I turned, and strode towards the portal again. Again, it pulled at me before I was prepared, and again, that brief feeling of non-existence...

And where I found myself was no secluded isle, but in the center of some giant nest! Cracked eggshells were strewn about, their size larger than any man. I scurried out, onto the craggy outcropping it was perched upon. I saw another nest like it nearby, but whatever creatures had inhabited them were thankfully absent. The blinders of instinct faded, and I gazed in awe and befuddlement at the sight before me - a star-filled sky tinged purple, and suspended there, as though the sky were but water, ships of all kinds waged war with each other. Where was this? Where was this place, and where was the place I had expected?

Again, I found myself back in the City, but a moment after those thoughts had run their course, and new ones swiftly taking their place. What forces were at work here? Were the places I had journeyed of this world, able to be journeyed to via mundane transport? Was there some sort of reason I was taken there?

I do not think I would find any answers by myself. I've resolved not to go to the portal again without the accompaniment of others. I wish tos ee if they will experience the same things that I have, if they enter alone... and what may happen if we enter together. This is why I have told you my tale, because I believe you to be a being of considerable resolve and talent, and a lust for exploration. If you would journey with me to the portal... I promise you, if nothing else, you will have a tale to rival my own.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This game looks pretty sweet, but I'm still feeling the pain of repeated launch MMO's. Any idea when/if there will be a trial?

Neurotika on
  • Options
    EckoEcko Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yay for a new laptop to play WAR on. Here's hoping it doesn't overheat...

Ecko on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So. Influence Rewards. On my Rune Priest I did all of the tier one human chapters, but found nothing worth having except a tome that was replace by the second round of renown items.

I have a swordmaster that just got to tier two. 1.) Should I go back to t1 and do all the PQs? Is there a reason? 2.) Should I do the t2 PQs or is the loot just going to be about the same or worse as renown gear i already will get?

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So. Influence Rewards. On my Rune Priest I did all of the tier one human chapters, but found nothing worth having except a tome that was replace by the second round of renown items.

I have a swordmaster that just got to tier two. 1.) Should I go back to t1 and do all the PQs? Is there a reason? 2.) Should I do the t2 PQs or is the loot just going to be about the same or worse as renown gear i already will get?

1) No
    2) PQ loot starts getting better around chapter 6 or 7 I think.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I do alot of extra chapters just to get more items for magical salvaging, or if I want to grind out a bit more xp before I leave a tier. If your goal is to hit end game, your really better served by going for xp first, and worry about the items after you hit 40.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The Ch.12 DE influence rewards are especially delicious for the aspiring Chosen.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I hate pit of shades and the dental floss wearing dark elf whores that cast it.

Great spell, perfect for keep defense but damn does order have anything that is a ground targetable channelled aoe of doom. I swear there was 3 Destruction specced Sorcs that just had that spell going, vicious and effective.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    No, screw sorcs with the freaking channeled laser beam crap. I had a level 31 sorc using that on me constantly, and it kept critting for 1100. Such bullshit.

rehtonAesoohC on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    BWs get Rain of Fire, so yes

(edit) BWs get THAT too, only theirs has a snare!

(not jealous)

(jealous and angry)

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Oh, right withering heat.

Ok still screw sorcs, but at least I'll smolder with generic rage until I get withering heat.

rehtonAesoohC on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    then I guess what I really have to bitch about is just being outplayed and outlevelled by Destro guys. Cause I certainly dont see our Bright Wizards doing shit like that when desty broke our doors and are downstairs causing a racket.

ps Kate Beaton rules

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    yeah BW's get rain of fire, but I don't see them using it as much as sorcs using their pit of shades

I don't know why this is

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    LilithiumLilithium __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Guys, I really want to play WAR. The bad thing is I have a Macbook Pro.

What the FUCK, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, WAGHHHHH!

Lilithium on
    What's that ringing? Ting-ting-a-linging in my head~? Oh, you're always there, making me whole. You're always waiting up for me. You're my first kiss, ever so pure, and ever so defiling, once lost, can never be the same. Fuck me. Violate me. Deny me.
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Lilithium wrote: »
    Guys, I really want to play WAR. The bad thing is I have a Macbook Pro.

What the FUCK, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, WAGHHHHH!

Does it have an 8600M in it?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
This discussion has been closed.