As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR]: TSM SWITCHING SERVERS TO RED EYE!

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    Wait, since when is Ulthuan a low pop server?
    I guess they raised the pop caps on the servers or something. So yesterday's med/high is today's low?

Yep.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I guess I'll go wherever the guild decides, though I'll be peeved if I lose names. In any case, we can't go to Averheim - not only will it prevent cross-guild alts but isn't that server already Horde-biased?

Zek on
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I guess I'll go wherever the guild decides, though I'll be peeved if I lose names. In any case, we can't go to Averheim - not only will it prevent cross-guild alts but isn't that server already Horde-biased?

:x

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    eelektrik wrote: »
    With Averheim being a destination server, I hope this means we will be getting the XP and renown boost. I just checked and we don't currently, but I hope they turn it on later.

All transfers will gain a temporary boost to renown and EXP regardless of their destination. A reward for stepping out of one's comfort zone and going to a new realm, I guess.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    AeonfellAeonfell Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

haha, nerd!

Aeonfell on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You also changed the text in my post and made it look like I said it, which is fucking rude.
    What, this? Welcome to PA forums, this is how we roll.

Glal on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The only reason why Averheim is dominated isn't really a difference of population.

They are just ridiculously organized to the point of absolute redundancy. Like, ALL of them. All of the Destro. They are pretty much the perfect picture of what Mythic wants the endgame to be.

And the Order on Averheim are pretty much just completley overhelmed by all of this, and since they are bloody heretics and complete discraces to the Empire, they should all be burned.

At the Stake.

With FIRE.

But seriously all Order on Averheim needs is a guild with a bit of psychotic religious zeal and a healthy dose of bloodlust.

Which is why Grudge and TSM need to transfer there now!

Transporter on
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Glal wrote: »
    You also changed the text in my post and made it look like I said it, which is fucking rude.
    What, this? Welcome to PA forums, this is how we "welcome" noobies... now, meet me out back. Caedere will be there too. :winky:

:winky:

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So as far as im taking it TSM is having a definitve move but we have no idea where were going, or am I so completely off i need to go back to sleep?

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The only reason why Averheim is dominated isn't really a difference of population.

They are just ridiculously organized to the point of absolute redundancy. Like, ALL of them. All of the Destro. They are pretty much the perfect picture of what Mythic wants the endgame to be.

And the Order on Averheim are pretty much just completley overhelmed by all of this, and since they are bloody heretics and complete discraces to the Empire, they should all be burned.

At the Stake.

With FIRE.

But seriously all Order on Averheim needs is a guild with a bit of psychotic religious zeal and a healthy dose of bloodlust.

I really, REALLY don't want to have to delete all my order toons so that I can beat up on other PA'ers. I think many of us play both sides and I'd not like to start drama with "OMG who ganked me in Avelorn? HaHa U Suck!" posts popping up here.

Let's keep the Factions on separate servers, I feel it would be better overall.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Again with the furries!

!!

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Also, the downside to all the server transfers is that they didn't limit the transfers to one side only, or to a certain extent.

So in some instances, you may have destruction coming in from 3 servers to 1 destination, and then order from those servers go to a completely separate destination. Thus, the first server's population balance goes down the tubes.

I'm really surprised they didn't implement some kind of balance mechanic along those lines.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

At the Stake.

With FIRE.

actually... as of last update via http://www.waralytics.com/warservers/view/254 Destro has 959+ in T4 and Order only has a max of 700 (of course both are increasing daily). As of 2 weeks ago, Order had approx. 60 lvl 40s whereas destro was in the mid low to mid 100's. That's a pretty significant difference even considering not everyone's going to be online or in the same place at the same time. I was in an organized ORvR group a little over a week ago (Bash and Brew guys are great at this btw) and we did fine for a while, but eventually destruction was able to put an entire warband plus extras in each keep we attacked to stop our hit and run tactics. At the peak of the night we had about 2.5 warbands, they had 4+. That's a numbers game.

I will say, destruction is more organized on our server with the order slowly catching up. Thing is, destro just had a huge advantage at the beginning with them leveling up a whole lot faster than us. By looking at that webpage, in tier 1 alone destro outnumbers order by nearly a thousand. Now, I know there are a lot of alts involved, but that's a pretty drastic number. Like I said in my earlier post, if there would be some large order guilds to come over, I wouldn't mind a large infusion of destruction players. However, if that's not the case, it's just going to make ORvR that much more of a pain just in the way of numbers.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I like big populations, shorter scenario waits, more people in PQs, more world RVR going on etc etc.

REM!

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    well this is sorta fucking annoying. I was hoping we would be a destination server instead of a source server. I thought our population felt pretty balanced. Especially since Destro was somewhat outnumbered in T2 & t3 now, so by T4 both sides should have been even. Now due to all the fucking whiners we get to cluster fuck ourselves onto another server, or remain behind in a ghost town server.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So...where is this 1.05 Mark Jacobs was prattling on about? Did he post more over at VN? I don't even know where to begin with this shit.

Toothy on
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Aphostile wrote: »
    I like big populations, shorter scenario waits, more people in PQs, more world RVR going on etc etc.

REM!

Please don't rape my destruction queues even more than they already are :(

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Can we get official word on transferring before I transfer chars? Are we for sure going REM?

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That's why I'm playing on core. I can't help but be constantly alert if I'm on open, it's stressful fun rather than stress relieving fun I found. Sure it perks you up and gives you moments but I have a stressful enough life right now, so I decided to go the consensual way.

Not judging, just discussing.

I can't read.

I said all this in a lot less words.

Just in case you need it spelled out, stressful fun is the fun you are talking about. I do enjoy it, just not right now, I don't have the time.

Stress relieving fun is what I want right now, and it's what I can find on core.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    How much time do we have to transfer?

Zek on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Folks,

Okay, here’s the first part of the 1.05 patch from us. The 1.05 patch is the anxiously awaited “Combat and Careers” patch. As I mentioned already, it is over 17 pages long and still growing and it includes, among other things, adjustments to every career in the game. Some careers got a special shot of extra-loving goodness and some careers also got some tough love as well as some goodness as well. We hope to post the full patch notes tomorrow morning but as we continue to conduct a final review of all the preliminary changes and the notes themselves, it might be held up a bit longer, but I certainly hope not. It is, by far, the largest WAR patch yet and is by its very nature, full of far-reaching and sweeping changes. Here are some of the highlights of the patch.

1) We are pleased to announce the official opening of our Public Test Server. Similar to our Pendragon sever for DAoC, this server will be both open to all players but players will be able to copy (not transfer, your character remains on its server) their existing characters over to this server at anytime. This server will get the latest, but not final, version of the game and feedback from this server will be used in making any further adjustments to the version. We encourage all players who want to help in the development process to give it a shot. More information on the PTS will be posted on the Herald.

2) Rally masters have been put at every Warcamp to make moving around the world a bit easier and faster. This is only the first part of some improvements we are making to the transportation system to cut down on the time that players have had to spend simply running back and forth between places. The next step will be to allow players to have multiple bind points.

3) Players’ should be able to use the morale button abilities more effectively now. In other words, the darn thing should work every time.

4) Many of the issues with spell/abilities animations not firing off/ending properly have been corrected. Hopefully we got all of the issues but only time will tell.

5) An additional gold bag will be generated when a keep or fortress is taken.

6) Morale abilities will now display their cooldowns correctly at all times. This is just one of many UI fixes.

7) The "Ability Not Ready" message will no longer display when the remaining cooldown on an ability is less than or equal to the full global cooldown.

8) Corrected an issue with the cooldown timers on the action bar buttons that was causing them to count down improperly. The timers will now count down in half-second increments beginning at 3 seconds remaining. See, I said there was more than 1 other UI fix. happy

9) Another “warhammer to the head” to those that try to AFK in scenarios and PQs.

10) All classes have had some abilities buffed and some abilities have been debuffed a bit. For example, the Squig Herder has gotten 30+ adjustments to its abilities. Out of those 30+ adjustments, the phase “damage has been increased” shows up about 80% of the time. As part of this update, the team has looked at every career in the game and made adjustments. Things such as Electromagnet, Fire Cage and snares/roots in general have drawn particular attention from the team and have had numerous changes/fixes made to them. Of course, where major changes have occurred to the careers a free re-training has been offered. Tomorrow’s notes will detail all of the changes and considering that the career changes are about 14 out of those 17+ pages, I think you can say that we made a whole lot of changes.

So, hopefully tomorrow's 1.05 patch notes will put an end to the “Mythic doesn’t respond, doesn’t want to make changes” threads eh? Nah! happy

Again, 1.05 is primarily the C&C patch, expect more other big patches coming as well over the next month or so. When you see the contents of the patch, I hope most of you, if not all of you, will see why we have been taking "baby steps" with C&C changes up to now.

Mark

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Sounds very good. It's annoying that Mythic waited so long to make meaningful balance tweaks but hopefully it'll all pay off now. I haven't played in some time, though only in part because of annoyance with unfixed issues(the other parts being IRL stuff and all the damn games coming out). Looks like 1.05 will be a good time to start up again.

Zek on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wood has filled the empty areas in my pants.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The Mouths be movin'!

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    To?

EDIT: Oateri will be Oateri upon arrival. Hooray for original names.

EDIT2: Holy shit. Transfer complete.

Oats on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Folks,

I'm hoping for pie. Blueberry preferably but cherry pie works as well.

I'm always hoping to post Part 1 of the update shortly (within 30 mins). The full patch notes will have to wait till tomorrow due to their rather hefty size and widespread impact and they need a little extra review time.

Mark
    Govner wrote:
    omg some SH love [face_hugs]

I thought our SHs would like that that callout. Prepare now for the "But what about my class! It needs loving too!!!!" I could be wrong but this patch might include more positive changes than any we have ever done for any of our games, including DAoC. And again, it is only the first major shot at C&C. This is certainly not the last as we will continue to review all the careers up to, including and after 1.1.

Mark
    Folks,

As to when, it will be our next major patch and it will be tested on the PTS first. With these many changes we are not just going to test it internally and say "Done!" So, for those of you who have been asking when we were going to put up a test server and who have said that they wanted to help us, well, you'll soon have that opportunity. As always, be careful what you wish for. :)

Mark
    FactionTJO wrote:
    Crimacy wrote:
    "Any update on the no scenario server?

was that even promised? i mean im down for more openworld but the lakes are kinda tiny for a full population of orvr only imho. (now double the size of each lake and id be down...)"

In the f13.com forum posts.

link ?

Never promised it. Hopefully we won't need one (which was my point) if open RvR is buffed up enough to attract tons of attention from the players. If we do that and still don't have enough oRvR fun and if enough players want to play on a scenario-free or scenario-limited server, we will probably add one.

Mark
    Zeyk23 wrote:
    Sounds great. In the future though Mark, are you guys always going to wait so long to do everything in one massive patch? The reason people got so discouraged is because so much time passed with no attention to combat & careers. How many of these changes have been done for a long time and just waiting to go in at some arbitrary date?

Yes we will when the changes are so sweeping. In terms of how many have been done, none of them are truly done until we can really see them in action with players and not just our internal testers. That's why we now will have our PTS. Like I've said a number of times, we've learned a lot of hard lessons from our DAoC days.

Mark
    FactionTJO wrote:
    Mekrath827 wrote:

Mark,

Is there anything in this particular patch to buff up RvR?

Thanks, great stuff!

17 page patch notes will be released tomorrow im sure there will be lots

No, not a lot. This is the C&C patch and it took priority over everything else. There is lots more oRvR stuff coming but not in the 1.05. Fix the careers first because if we don't do that, what we do to oRvR won't matter as much.

Mark
    Maze_VN wrote:
    I heard that the bright wizard Immolation line and the squig herder's Stabbin line were swapped. Balance achieved!

Damn, do you work at Mythic?! You shouldn't have told them!!! There goes the surprise... :):)

Mark
    Caledric wrote:
    What is the test server going to be named? I need to know what to call my new home!

So far, we are being very clever and calling it:

<drum roll>

Public Test Server

:)

Mark
    I am thinking long and hard about moving to the PTS as well. I always liked that kind of environment.

No, you won't be able to do that. We'll be wiping toons from that server regularly. Unlike Pendragon we want people to play the game elsewhere and just help test patches here. And since we will have a pure PTS, if we need to wipe in order to test major new versions or even some crazy ideas, we don't want to worry about people losing the time that they put into a toon on the PTS. I'd love to put in a two-way transfer as well but I don't want to have a problem on PTS that could be taken to another server.

Mark
    Towerboy wrote:
    Please sate our thirst for a few more tidbits of information, Mark.

:)

Kind regards

Yes... telling us that master runes of memory leaks, and purple wound talismans 100% chance, are fixed would be wonderful... ;)

I wouldn't mind an ETA on when we'll see notes tomorrow or the patch itself, either though :D, or class teasers! Maybe one tidbit about every class so everyone's happy :D!

Okay, but just because it's you. :) I hope the notes will go up early tomorrow and then we begin testing on it as well on PTS. Once the PTS is up and running players will begin to be able to play there and help test the patch. As to one tidbit per class, sorry but I have to turn that request down. However, here is a sample from one of the most talked about abilities on the VN:

Electromagnet: The cost has been reduced significantly. The cooldown has been increased. The build time has been increased. The ability can no longer be cast on the move. The pull-in maximum number of targets has been decreased and can now be defended against.

And remember, this C&C patch is only the first steps. Big steps, but just the first.

Mark
    Electromagnet: The cost has been reduced significantly. The cooldown has been increased. The build time has been increased. The ability can no longer be cast on the move. The pull-in maximum number of targets has been decreased and can now be defended against.

Thanks Mark. I assume Magus will get a similar change. This will go along way towards salvaging RvR.

Yeah, I'd assume this as well, and I agree that it should help things out especially in T4 where people more readily have access to it. It's easy to forget to add in "and the mirror equivalent" when writing stuff up :).

You assume correctly.

Mark

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    mark talked to me :o

Zek on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2008
    a guildmate asked for a signature, i made this

316105737_1098972.gif

Unknown User on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So what happens if your name is all ready taken on the server you transfer to?

edit: NM. Now lets see if I can strategically use this to rename someone.

Accualt on
  • Options
    AeonfellAeonfell Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    mark talked to me :o

Can I touch you?

God I can't wait to see these changes, mah swordy needs some help or my DoK is gonna win Main privledges. :P

Aeonfell on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Goddamnit it not getting awesome names you saved THE MOMENT the servers went live do to a transfer is anger inducing.

Accualt on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Wait.

Are we moving servers or not?

Edit: Son of a bitch. Someone change the OP.

Edit2: Son of a bitch, how can my name already be in use?

Horseshit. :(

Edit3: Holy shit, 100,000 results on Google for Daija. O.o;

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The name thing is frustrating.

The Tier 4 people who were knee-deep in epic world RvR within minutes of transfering are not.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Managed to transfer all my characters over and I only had to rename one of them... now to think up a new name for a marauder.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The coolest thing is all the people who aren't playing right now and don't know about this who will come back to an empty TSM. SO AWESOME! They should just merge servers.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    The coolest thing is all the people who aren't playing right now and don't know about this who will come back to an empty TSM. SO AWESOME! They should just merge servers.

Question. Why didn't our guild leader just use /transferguild to move us all over at once?

KiTA on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    KiTA wrote: »

Question. Why didn't our guild leader just use /transferguild to move us all over at once?

That only moves the guild, I think, not the people in it.

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    A duck! wrote: »

Ah, I see. I guess that makes sense.

I used my old ... EQ? Spellcaster name cause Daija was tied up, so Baewan the Shammy is now over.

Anyone on who can invite?

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    A duck! wrote: »

Yeah. It disbands the guild and "saves" the rank and xp to the GM. It still needs to be reformed (and permissions reset...) after the move.

Everyone can invite and should be in /chan TSM.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If anyone is wondering, you can still transfer characters on inactive accounts. I just did it for a friend who deactivated his account until he can get a computer worth running the game on.

Soundwave on
This discussion has been closed.