As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dead Space - The blades only cover one half of the fucking asteroid. Seriously.

• Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Stale what do you think of this game

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    they're totally trying to blend in, i love it

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, fuck this zero-G basketball game.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    trentsteel wrote: »

yeah, it was fucking terrible
    the shooting gallery was fun though

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What do I think?

it's 1am, I have at least 3 hours of work to do before work tomorrow.... yet I can't stop playing

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Seriously, are there people that have said that they don't like this game?

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    neville wrote: »
    trentsteel wrote: »

yeah, it was fucking terrible
    the shooting gallery was fun though

what, really? i didn't find it enjoyable but I got to level 5 pretty much right away

jump to lit platforms, catch ball, shoot ball in lighted hole

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Blaket wrote: »

It's so awesome that my girlfriend is now asking me to bring the PS3 over so she can give little shrieks and say things like 'holy shit, it just bent to get through the door! and it's still wearing pants from when it was a crew member! and it stepped over that other corpse! that's amazing!'

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i think the xbox magazine gave it a 6.5

otherwise, everybody seems to love it

i think my xbox is coming back tomorrow, so i'll be able to play this shit soon. can't wait!

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I discovered the fun of kinesising explosives and throwing them at monsters last night, it's just so much fun throwing an explosive at a group of them, see them all scatter then watch them get up and charge you again.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I am just really impressed with its construction. You can't see the zipper, so to speak. It is surprisingly free of glitches.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I am just really impressed with its construction. You can't see the zipper, so to speak. It is surprisingly free of glitches.

seriously

the point about necromorphs bending to get through doors actually astounded me, because in other games they'd just clip a little and the devs would shrug and move on to sound design or whatever

speaking of which, i wish there were more space segments, because the sound design is shit hot

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The space segments were the best parts and the scariest.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The space sections mess with my brain even more, firstly you need to be completely aware of you environment as they can attack you from any direction, the sound is as atmospheric as fuck, it's as easy as to get lost and you are always close to running out of air as well.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    god i want to play this so bad

seeing all these spoilers i can't click is torturing me

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Veretas wrote: »
    The space segments were the best parts and the scariest.

It's kind of funny to see a Necromorph screaming and waving it's limbs around when you can't hear it

so I just dismember it violently while it stands there being all scary

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I BEAT IT
    Fucking knew there was something up with Nicole

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    One of the coolest moments was in the centrifuge.
    I've turned it on and I'm doing the entire dash between each room, fight the necro's when I run into them, then I found was of those crawler ones and he kept dodging, I fire, he jumps back out of the room, and BAM dude gets splattered by the centrifuge.

Watching it made me go, 'Holy shit'

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    yeah i can't get over the polish of this game, i had no problems at all with it. no faults!

i want to gush about it

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    tell me about the flamethrower, meiss

i must know

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    my only real problem is with the writing. other than that it's :^: :^:

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

seriously

the point about necromorphs bending to get through doors actually astounded me, because in other games they'd just clip a little and the devs would shrug and move on to sound design or whatever

speaking of which, i wish there were more space segments, because the sound design is shit hot

They invested more money and resources on the sound design, then any other game to date.

Hell, the budget for that alone was probably as big as some entire titles.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    i never used it, actually! force gun was for me

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I just use the plasma cutter

fuck you wimps

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    restricting yourself to one gun sounds pretty boring, really

i'm looking forward to the chainsaw gun most, i think

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    i really wish i had enough money to buy it. it's so good. i'm going to play it again and again forever.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    i'm ignoring so many other games because of this one

fallout 3 has been bumped down to a rental, gears of war too

still getting animal crossing though

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Cloudman wrote: »

I keep buying other weapons but I've yet to really use them.

The plasma cutter packs more than enough punch and I can't really see myself using the rifle for very specific circumstances (swarms) and the line gun seems not to hold as much ammo.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

I keep buying other weapons but I've yet to really use them.

The plasma cutter packs more than enough punch and I can't really see myself using the rifle for very specific circumstances (swarms) and the line gun seems not to hold as much ammo.

Yeah, credits were the main reason I didn't experiment with new guns. It came down to

ok i can try out a new gun or buy ammo for guns i've been using power nodes to upgrade

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I've bought three weapons and I think I have the flamethrower still in the store that I haven't bought.

I don't think I've ever been particularly short on credits that I feel I'm missing out on upgrade nodes, I've got about 5 or 6 in my cutter and I'm in chapter, whatever engineering is.

Blake T on
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I sold my ripper gun AND my flamethrower.

I like these grenades and timed mines better.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    edited October 2008
    fully upgraded the plasma cutter is like the hand of God

the line gun is good for knocking down oncoming groups if you're quick enough

the flamethrower is only good for the swarms of the little things, and thus is only upgraded if you want the achievement/trophy

the force gun I never used, the ripper I never used

I just got really good at two shotting oncoming thugs

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    so how similar is this game to RE4? because i've played that game like 8 times, it's probably my favorite action game i've ever played other then DMC3

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Stale wrote: »
    fully upgraded the plasma cutter is like the hand of God

the line gun is good for knocking down oncoming groups if you're quick enough

the flamethrower is only good for the swarms of the little things, and thus is only upgraded if you want the achievement/trophy

the force gun I never used, the ripper I never used

I just got really good at two shotting oncoming thugs

the force gun is great for hordes of dudes, especially if you have little time (vacuum), since it doesn't actually cut any limbs, it just ruptures them all together.

the ripper is more for aesthetics, i think. shooting razor blades is really staisfying, and holding them in placec while you walk around and saw dudes apart is great

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    One thing I am worried a tiny bit about is how much amo I am going to need later on.

I've been selling all my spare shots for cash, but I keep hearing later on it gets really scarce and I am a tiny bit worried I have boned myself.....

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    i would say that, as well as more morphs that you have to deal with at once

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You can buy ammo though

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ok so I somehow took out my first brute with three shots from the line gun. One shot shored off the left side of his body. I think Hammond was in the middle of telling me about hitting in the back or something and I was delivering a melee to the face for kicks.

So that was rather anticlimatic.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    so how similar is this game to RE4? because i've played that game like 8 times, it's probably my favorite action game i've ever played other then DMC3

It's similar in the over-the-shoulder camera and focusing on smaller amounts of enemies (most of the time), but that's about where the similarities end. Overall I think RE4 is superior in most aspects, but Dead Space is still good.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    whatever this game is basically RE4 in space

did you forget about the whole collecting money and buying/upgrading weapons thing. that seems a bit familiar

Mister Longbaugh on