Hello. I have an issue.
My basement, and hub of all my entertainment dealies, music equipment, and the like, is essentially a fucking travesty, and the international committee of basement cleanliness would be very troubled if they were to inspect. There's so many fucking cords and wires on the ground here, that they look like spindly veins, and that I am living inside some sort of great beast. Essentially it was redone some time ago, but with other commitments it was never properly furnished, beyond the essentials at least. I just need too many things to finish and organize things and I was hoping to get some reccommendations or ideas.
- First of all, my TV is on like an old Ikea style coffee table, consoles sit in front, its really a poor solution. I see a lot of TV shelving unit things but nothing that would really work, they usually don't seem to accept 2-3 consoles and a load of DVDs without looking like you've got a massive wall unit, which isn't really what I'd like.
- I have a laptop that hooks into my TV frequently for the watching of stuff (man+sheepporns), but its a bigger HP 17" model so it sucks to have it just sitting on a table, is there some sort of unit that I can get which I can tuck my laptop into perhaps under the TV while doing this business? Mind you sometimes I do games via TV a smart option for gamepad cords to reach a couch would be nice.
- Has anyone invented something cool to hold a but-ton of controllers? The wii is a demon whose purpose is to crowd my floor with 200 controllers/attachments. Maybe like a hangy thing for wiimotes?
- Oh and how do people organize multiple consoles to be switched on and off when you've only one set of the needed inputs? I've seen little multi-tap, power bar deals but I could never acquire one, and have been switching manually for life.
- Beyond that I have several guitars and an amp that could really use some sort organization, best to hang? Something with the amp hidden under would be neat. And again amp wires, guitar wires, headphone wires, it looks like a spiderweb if you stand on the couch here.
- Miscellaneous ideas I was looking for, is that I have a slight amount of desk space which makes it difficult to use a Wacom tablet with my hulking laptop. Is there some sort of...small ramplike easel thing that people use for this? Or should I be pushing my laptop behind the tablet (hard to see)?
A- lso when using music tablature from the internet, I'm usually forced to print and read. Any other possible way of using my laptop more actively like a traditional music sheet? Mind you its huge, but any sort of nice small table style or something that someone uses would be neat to see.I
I might think of more, and this may seem lazy but its really not. I just can't find the furniture/organizational stuff that I would like, I basically know shit all about this, and would like something nicer than buying 4 straight square shelves and a cardboard box for the TV. I'm up for any ideas here but I was hoping for a smart, cool looking way of doing this.
EDIT: Also I am in dire need of things for my walls. I have posters, but its a bit too nice of an area to just paste posters to the wall like it's a 15 year old's bedroom. Hardbacking could work, but I'm open to alternatives. I've seen the rasterbater but I can not get it to produce high quality stuff for some reason, so teach. What else do people put on walls?
EDIT2: There's also a larger sort of ridge that runs around half the room, the sort of size that people would sometimes line with crazy beer bottles or something but I don't have those, is there something doable there? Taxidermy heads? Porcelain cats?
tldr; how does you organize your shit, post pictures for higher score
Mebe I should have called it the interior basement decorating thread.