As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The American Presidency: Obama does not believe in prevent defense

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    "I really wish Joe Biden hadn't done that" was funnay...

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    "I really wish Biden hadn't said that"

EDIT: DANGIT

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well, Obama probably shouldn't get into comedy. McCain was definitely funnier. Maybe he should have taken this approach instead.

Voth on
    reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I actually somehow feel better about the entire election after watching this.

Which isn't actually surprising I guess since, ya know, comic relief and all that.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    So I guess McCain has to capture Bin Laden in the next 2 weeks if he wants a shot at this.
    McCain would have to be pictured on every national news network riding Bin Laden like a steer (reins and saddle included) into Guantanamo to pull this one around.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Webstream. Now.

enc0re on
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    McCain strategy needs to go with stand up bits. He was pretty good. Barack was good, but McCain was better.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    McCain would have to be pictured on every national news network riding Bin Laden like a steer (reins and saddle included)
    :winky:

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Which isn't actually surprising I guess since, ya know, comic relief and all that.

I was just going to say the same thing. It just makes me feel like, even though I loathe the McCain ticket, and I will never vote for McCain, I just feel now like he's not the devil. He throws his fits, but he does it because he's so passionate about his (stupid) ideas. Once the dust settles, he's going to be an alright guy...

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So I guess McCain has to capture Bin Laden in the next 2 weeks if he wants a shot at this.
    McCain would have to be pictured on every national news network riding Bin Laden like a steer (reins and saddle included) into Guantanamo to pull this one around.
    I think Bush capturing Bin Laden would be more than enough to put McCain into the lead, very possibly by double digits.

It's very possible a mere alleged terrorist threat would be enough to push him into the lead. This is so far from over.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think Bush capturing Bin Laden would be more than enough to put McCain into the lead, very possibly by double digits.
    Would Bin Laden be carrying 700 billion dollars at the time of his capture?

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    sauce
    "People tell me I share the politics of Alfred E. Smith and the earns of Alfred E. Neumann"

"I was originally told that we would able to move this outdoors to Yankee Stadium. Can someone tell me what happened to the Greek columns I requested."

"On the Waldorf Astoria: They tell me, from the doorstep, you can see all the way to the Russian Tea Room."

To Al Smith IV: "I obviously never knew your grandfather, but from everything Sen. McCain has told me..."

Mayor Michael Bloomberg's term limits maneuverings caused Bill Clinton to say: "You can do that?"

The housing crisis "has been eight times harder on John McCain."

"The last few weeks, John's been out on the campaign trail asking the question Who Is Barack Obama. I've got to admit, I was surprised by the question: the answer is right there on my Facebook page."

"I was not born in a manger. I was actually born on krypton...."

"I got my name Barack from my father.... it's actually Swahali for "That one."

My middle name, it's not what you think. It's actually "Steve."

"There was a point in my life when I started palling around with a pretty ugly crowd.... that's right... I've been a member of the United States Senate."

"Fox News accused me of fathering two African-American children in wedlock."

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    David_T wrote: »
    Would Bin Laden be carrying 700 billion dollars at the time of his capture?

Why do you think his turban's so big?
    ACORN voter registration forms

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sarah Palin is going to be on SNL this weekend, according to CNN just now. Debate with Tina Fey/Palin?

Dalboz on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    mxmarks wrote: »

I was just going to say the same thing. It just makes me feel like, even though I loathe the McCain ticket, and I will never vote for McCain, I just feel now like he's not the devil. He throws his fits, but he does it because he's so passionate about his (stupid) ideas. Once the dust settles, he's going to be an alright guy...

Eh, I still haven't forgiven McCain for his attempt to turn the rebuttal of his running mates remarks into some sort of attack on his supporters. But even with that seeing the two candidates in a room giving each other shit and laughing about it makes me feel less tense about the whole thing.

There's just been so much negativity from both sides and I'm not necessarily talking about the two campaigns. I'm not saying a lot of it hasn't been justified but even justified bile still tastes like, well, bile.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hillary, oddly enough, looks a lot better nowadays.

she looks.. Happier...

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Dalboz wrote: »
    Sarah Palin is going to be on SNL this weekend, according to CNN just now. Debate with Tina Fey/Palin?

Man, to be an SNL writer right now has to be very very tense.

Do you attempt to write something that will make people laugh AT her, and because she's a total IDIOT, convince her it will make people laugh WITH her?

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Voth wrote: »
    Well, Obama probably shouldn't get into comedy. McCain was definitely funnier. Maybe he should have taken this approach instead.

Obama was on Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me. He was hilarious, unscriptably so. It was during the primaries before he was a serious contender, so I can't remember what he said. But, it was what put me in the Obama camp.

He's a funny damn guy. The only thing that made me waiver afterwards was when he said Imus shoulda been fired for the nappy haired comments. But, really, he's a naturally funny dude.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Hillary, oddly enough, looks a lot better nowadays.

she looks.. Happier...

Noticed that myself. The contrast form the end of the primaries was really striking.

Then again I hardly remember seeing her laugh at all during that time and even when she did she still looked tense enough to be on the verge of shiving someone. Of course running for president is undoubtedly a little on the taxing side. Obama's joke about the gray hair was funny because it's really very true :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    McCain speech is up on Youtube, Obama's probably there as well.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Ok McCain supporters this is what mainstream america is seeing you guys as.

http://www.daily-times.com/news/ci_10731717

It's moved beyond the 2 minute hate.

I read the comments on the site and I think I'm going to cry blood.

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Houn wrote: »
    This ACORN shit is kinda pissing me off. However, I take satisfaction in that fact that he sounds like a man defeated, laughing off his failures.

A year from now he'll be doing Pepsi commercials insinuating he has an erection for Miley Cyrus.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I only saw a bit of the Al Smith dinner, but given the rhetoric of this campaign, isn't it ironic who he is most famous for losing the Presidency to?

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The thing to remember about McCain is tomorrow he will let Palin back out with her hateful bullshit. His party continues to put borderline racist stuff up and he sits here telling jokes. He wants americans to like him despite the fact he is embracing racism and fostering the idea Obama is a terrorist.

Just today there was a story about how the california gop president had a picture with fried chicken and watermelon with relation to obama, they said its just food. This is his party. A group of old racists who are fine laughing at a black man as long as he doesn't live near them, want to be their friend or god forbid run for public office.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    McCain was great in that clip, and we've found something that he is definitely better at than Obama. The Clinton stuff was great.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    McCain speech is up on Youtube, Obama's probably there as well.

The guy sitting to McCain's left must be unaware of the camera presence.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Just to remind anyone who thinks "hey mccain is funny maybe he isn't such a bad guy"

This is what he did today.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/16/massive-rnc-robocall-may_n_135348.html?ref=LAUS5gPemV

This is what the california gop thinks is funny.

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2008/10/16/newsletter/index.html

This is the attitude he fosters in his "base"

Not so funny anymore.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just to remind anyone who thinks "hey mccain is funny maybe he isn't such a bad guy"

This is what he did today.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/16/massive-rnc-robocall-may_n_135348.html?ref=LAUS5gPemV

This is what the california gop thinks is funny.

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2008/10/16/newsletter/index.html

This is the attitude he fosters in his "base"

Not so funny anymore.

Oh, it's not changing anyone's opinion (around here), but like Huckabee, I can laugh at the man's jokes while hating his campaign management and stances on the issues. It's important to be reminded that very, very few people are honestly incarnations of evil, but simply human beings complete with all the faults and failures.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    That was funny... just saw a bit on AC360, where some random blogger was professing her love for David Gergen. Gergen was so embarrassed watching the clip, it was great.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Huckabee couldn't make a noncorny joke to save his life.

Couscous on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The Robocall blitz is his last hurrah

I may have to do some phonebanking this weekend

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Wow, that's awful. But can we really blame McCain for this one? Looks like local GOP stupidity to me.

racist16_400.jpg

EDIT: Thank you for your contribution to the national dialogue, Chaffey Community Republican Women, Federated.

enc0re on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    enc0re wrote: »
    Wow, that's awful. But can we really blame McCain for this one? Looks like local GOP stupidity to me.

racist16_400.jpg

Yeah its not like he is the defacto head of his party running their presidential ticket or anything.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    There's the rest of the McCain speech on Youtube as well, but the sound is all fucked up. And there's no Obama. I'll come back here tonight and hope that the combined powers of the internet have found them for me.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

racist16_400.jpg

Yeah its not like he is the defacto head of his party running their presidential ticket or anything.

By the same logic, Obama is in favour of cheating on one's wife.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

racist16_400.jpg

This is one of many reasons I hate the two party system

You're either on one team or the other and they're both so large they're chock full of extreme idiots

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

racist16_400.jpg

Holy shit. All they need is menthol cigarettes on there and I think that may be the most racist thing I have ever seen.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    This race is going to tighten, and Obama was right to come out and tell his supporters not to be complacent. As others have said in this thread, you should be campaigning for a landslide, not just to win.

Seriously, don't fuck this up America... most of us Canadians are counting on an Obama win in order to offset the disappointment of our own election result.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    McCain would make a great presidential jester.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just today there was a story about how the california gop president had a picture with fried chicken and watermelon with relation to obama, they said its just food. This is his party. A group of old racists who are fine laughing at a black man as long as he doesn't live near them, want to be their friend or god forbid run for public office.

I'm not defending this at all, but in the interest of facts, this was not the head of the California GOP but rather the Chaffey Community Republican Women, Federated, which is a group based in San Bernardino, which is...a weird area to begin with.

Dalboz on
This discussion has been closed.