Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

this thread is not healthy

PonyPony Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Chatlog
i had a stroke on wed. got out of hospital today

left side fucked up, can walk a little. left hand is shit, typing one hand. can sorta see out of left eye, is lazy and keep getting double vision. reading is hard, slow

not drooling! is plus

thread for sick/hurt people, so stale can make us look like pussies

what afflicts you

wubble woo

Pony on

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    also

hospital food in this country?

not so bad

tax dollas at work

• edited October 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    I have a sniffle and also a cough

it's pretty rough

definitely feelin your pain pony

is obama?

He's good man he's good

he's gonna win

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    let me tell you

pretty scary

not the paralsis, that i can deal. but the reading. very scary. realized couldnt read my own name, write anything. very scared, i cried a lot.

for a guy who wants to be a writer to lose reading very hard. could take my eye, leg, hand, wtever but my reading? oh god

no way

but its come back mostly so hey!

bad posting sorry

this is the second worst thing that i can think of. it scares the hell out of me.

• StraightziStraightzi The rock, the vulture, and the chain All that the proud can feel of painRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So in combination with some shit I do at ren faire which essentially amounts to pushups

I have had a wicked fucking terrible cough

Just a violent damn cough

And as a result of this, my abdominal muscles are in enough pain that it hurts to breath deeply

And they're constantly tense and twitchy

And because I'm still sick, my breath rate and heart rate are accelerated so this sort of shit is happening often

Also there's the whole spitting out a gallon of mucus a day, but that is paltry compared to the abs thing

• WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My surgery was start at 8am, out the door by 11am

Stumbling out all doped on morphine and whatever they knocked me out with :)

Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • GoatmonGoatmon Cancel My 2:00 This meeting could get DEADLYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I got a story for you, Pony.

About four and a half years ago I started having problem upon problem over the span of a month or two:

I was having weak spells, I was constantly dehydrated and having to go to the bathroom way too much, and my eyesight started going bad. I started to feel shitty, like I was coming down wtih a bug or something, and found that I couldn't stomache much at once or I'd vomit it up. Then, really early one morning, I woke up with a nasty pain in my left side (I think it was left, anyway) that kicked in if I took more than shallow breaths.

I finally had the sense to get some help, and called 911. The paramedics asked some questions and looked me over, then brought me to the hospital where I was told I was diabetic. At the time of my arrival I had a blood sugar of around 950. That's roughly the average glucose level of 10 people. Apparenetly someone with blood sugar that high should be in a diabetic coma at that point.

Evidently my pancreas crapped out on me, and so I've been insulin dependant ever since.

aik7511.jpg
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    oh no quetzi has to use muscles at his fake job

Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
    edited October 2008
    let me tell you

pretty scary

not the paralsis, that i can deal. but the reading. very scary. realized couldnt read my own name, write anything. very scared, i cried a lot.

for a guy who wants to be a writer to lose reading very hard. could take my eye, leg, hand, wtever but my reading? oh god

no way

bad posting sorry

this is the second worst thing that i can think of. it scares the hell out of me.

hand up

mr orik sir

what is worse

• NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My friend Robert is recovering from a stroke and we got the good news that he is finally able to hold somewhat coherent conversations now. He can also most of the time remember what he did yesterday.

• ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    this sucks, pony

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi The rock, the vulture, and the chain All that the proud can feel of painRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Also this thread reminded me

Earlier today I was trying to think of the disease that frightened me the absolute most

It doesn't have to be deadly, it can even be curable, it's just gotta scare the shit out of you

For me I am pretty sure it is either rabies or senility

• snapsnap Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    let me tell you

pretty scary

no way

bad posting sorry

yeah, pretty terrifying for me as well. Losing a hand/s is up there, too. Almost everything I love to do requires hand use. Writing, drawing, guitar, painting, ect...

• WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Straightzi wrote: »
    So in combination with some shit I do at ren faire which essentially amounts to pushups

I have had a wicked fucking terrible cough

Just a violent damn cough

And as a result of this, my abdominal muscles are in enough pain that it hurts to breath deeply

And they're constantly tense and twitchy

And because I'm still sick, my breath rate and heart rate are accelerated so this sort of shit is happening often

Also there's the whole spitting out a gallon of mucus a day, but that is paltry compared to the abs thing

After my surgery I was still getting over a nasty cold. Horrible coughing with a freshly stitched up groin/mesh sewn in under the skin. Thank god for the painkillers

Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
    edited October 2008
    let me tell you

pretty scary

no way

bad posting sorry

hand up

mr orik sir

what is worse

alzheimers

edited October 2008
    Goatmon wrote: »

About four and a half years ago I started having problem upon problem over the span of a month or two:

I was having weak spells, I was constantly dehydrated and having to go to the bathroom way too much, and my eyesight started going bad. I started to feel shitty, like I was coming down wtih a bug or something, and found that I couldn't stomache much at once or I'd vomit it up. Then, really early one morning, I woke up with a nasty pain in my left side (I think it was left, anyway) that kicked in if I took more than shallow breaths.

I finally had the sense to get some help, and I called 911. They asked some questions and looked me over, then brought me to the hospital where I was told I was diabetic and at the time of my arrival I had a blood sugar of around 950. That's roughly the average glucose level of 10 people. Apparenetly someone with blood sugar that high should be in a diabetic coma at that point.

Evidently my pancreas crapped out on me, and so I've been insulin dependant ever since.

they fuckin took my blood sugar every 4 hours

god damn fings full of holes total shit

least im not dibetic i guess!

could be worse

edited October 2008
    let me tell you

pretty scary

no way

bad posting sorry

hand up

mr orik sir

what is worse

alzheimers

oh shi

totally

yeah count my belssing

edited October 2008
    Raneados wrote: »
    oh no quetzi has to use muscles at his fake job

It ain't that

When I'm there it don't bother me

It's the whole I now get winded after a couple flights of stairs and am left doubled over in excruciating pain all through my torso

edited October 2008
    i feel pretty lucky, the only complaint i have is that i can't bend over or sit for long periods of time because my back is fucked for some reason and starts seizing up really easily

• FedoraFedora Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Jesus man, glad to hear you pulled through.

I mean, damn.

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino legally competent Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    what the hell?

man, strokes are one of the worst things to hit you. hope your recovery goes well Pony.

ffNewSig.png
    twitter | steam | 3ds: 4227 1731 4009
  • GoatmonGoatmon Cancel My 2:00 This meeting could get DEADLYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Goatmon wrote: »

I finally had the sense to get some help, and I called 911. They asked some questions and looked me over, then brought me to the hospital where I was told I was diabetic and at the time of my arrival I had a blood sugar of around 950. That's roughly the average glucose level of 10 people. Apparenetly someone with blood sugar that high should be in a diabetic coma at that point.

they fuckin took my blood sugar every 4 hours

god damn fings full of holes total shit

least im not dibetic i guess!

could be worse

My blood sugar is apparently a little more jumpy than usual. it goes down pretty quickly but it can go up just as fast, so I have to pay attention to my insulin whenever I'm eating.

I honestly don't mind the shots, it's just annoying having to find different places to do the injections because the skin toughens up and starts to bruise if I use the same general area too frequently.

aik7511.jpg
    edited October 2008
    let me tell you

pretty scary

no way

bad posting sorry

hand up

mr orik sir

what is worse

alzheimers

oh shi

totally

yeah count my belssing

Yeah that is pretty much the worst thing that could happen to a person

Straight up

edited October 2008
    Oh, and glad to hear you didn't die or end up permanently half paralyzed from your stroke.

We wouldn't want that, no sir.

aik7511.jpg
    edited October 2008
    also pony i feel kinda bad for saying this but you are typing like lyle's blog

i am saying that your aphasia is hilarious because it reminds me of a cartoon cat

edited October 2008
    upside

was youngest guy in stroke ward

nurses totlly hittin on me

sunglas smiley go here cant make it but you know orik edit my post for thing

orik edit: 8-)

• edited October 2008
    is this due to your whole endocrine situation?

• Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i'm super glad there was no permanent damage, pony

strokes are so shitty

so shitty

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
    edited October 2008
    edited October 2008
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've actually fainted a few times after I had my seizure

I hate it a lot

it's not anything to do with the faint itself, it's when you come to and everyone's looking over you and you don't know what the fuck is up

and everyone's like

OMG ARE YOU OKAY

and you just want them to go the fuck away and stop looking at you all vulnerable and out of it

I think I have a thing about people seeing me vulnerable

Dubh wrote: »
    Rane is the future of ancient greek tradition
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino legally competent Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    do they know what caused the embolism?

ffNewSig.png
    twitter | steam | 3ds: 4227 1731 4009
  • seizureorbsseizureorbs Registered User
    edited October 2008

Earlier today I was trying to think of the disease that frightened me the absolute most

It doesn't have to be deadly, it can even be curable, it's just gotta scare the shit out of you

ebola is pretty fucking scary

eyes.gif
    edited October 2008
    also pony goddamn

congratulations for getting through it alright

eyes.gif
    edited October 2008

See for me

Something that just kills me painfully doesn't frighten me too much

Yeah, it'd suck, there's no doubt about that

But mental illness horrifies me a lot more

And rabies just 'cause I been reading a lot about it lately

There's something genuinely terrifying about it, for me at least

• BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'd probably go with senility
    To me losing all the memories I have of my life would be the same as dying

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited October 2008
    is this due to your whole endocrine situation?

yea

related

apprntly at time of blood test my adrenaline 6x higher than normal

made brain pop a lil

hard to fix that, fuck up guys adren he goes into coma right so

gonna just ride it out

but also stress from things shingles pain money bullshit etc.

streeesssss

so they want me to see a shrink

shoul be funny

edited October 2008
    On the bright side, if you HAD been paralyzed, you could have gotten one of those wheelchairs with a keyboard and speaker, and be all bitter and self loathing like Thunderbolt Murderface.

aik7511.jpg
  • Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    yeah alzheimer's is like the worst thing i can imagine

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
    edited October 2008

See for me

Something that just kills me painfully doesn't frighten me too much

Yeah, it'd suck, there's no doubt about that

But mental illness horrifies me a lot more

And rabies just 'cause I been reading a lot about it lately

There's something genuinely terrifying about it, for me at least

oh, I know

I just find the idea of fluids constantly hemorrhaging out of you pretty disturbing

eyes.gif
This discussion has been closed.