Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Hello, I'd like to play a little [chat]

12930313234

Posts

  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2008
    Oh, shit. No. You're right. I'm sorry, my sleep-deprived mind had me thinking of things as they are and not as they work on paper.

    Edit: It also kept me from wording this to sound sincere. Trust that I'm not being sarcastic.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I feel like I'm in withdrawal.

    steam_sig.png
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Elldren wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    Hey guys, if a jet tries to take off from a conveyor belt set to move at the same speed as the jet but in the opposite direction, will the jet be able to take off?
    Spoiler:

    Yes.

    <3 yay!
    so many people get that so completely wrong

    evilbob wrote: »
    How pretty am I?
    Geth roll 1d10
    Geth wrote: »
    /me rolls 1d10 -> 10 (sum:10)
  • VariableVariable Weed and Masturbation Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I want to take a stats class.

    I really need to pick a major. I wish I could have a thought at all without my minding jumping back to the fact that I can't make up my mind. I even do it with my posts! it's great. wait no it's torture.

    Steam Profile - Variable114 | WiiU - Variable | 3DS - 3866-8105-7478
    Sig%20-%20Reggie%20Watts.png
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Variable: History.

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I wrote a new poem. Any thoughts? Puerile? Decent? Image-y?
    Spoiler:

    steam_sig.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Variable wrote: »
    I want to take a stats class.

    I really need to pick a major. I wish I could have a thought at all without my minding jumping back to the fact that I can't make up my mind. I even do it with my posts! it's great. wait no it's torture.

    Pottery.

    steam_sig.png
  • AegeriAegeri Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    excerpt_beast2.jpg

    She's be good at BDSM.

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »
    excerpt_beast2.jpg

    She's be good at BDSM.

    The spider, right? Mmm.

    steam_sig.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Crushing pussy; Marry a man Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I like the idea of the Beastmaster class and I like how they have left the creature types slightly generic. I'm not sure it is distinct enough from the ranger though.

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    excerpt_beast2.jpg

    She's be good at BDSM.

    The spider, right? Mmm.
    I can't help but wonder how you could get a tree to grow like that.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2008
    I really hate big quote trees.

  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Crushing pussy; Marry a man Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Use your mod powers to kill them.

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    I really hate big quote trees.
    Didn't we have a rule on their size or am I just remembering when the new forums wouldn't let us quote more than twice?

    gorillaSig.jpg
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    I really hate big quote trees.

    but they end up all hourglass shaped and it looks cool
    and they mean I don't have to go back three pages to see how a conversation started

    evilbob wrote: »
    How pretty am I?
    Geth roll 1d10
    Geth wrote: »
    /me rolls 1d10 -> 10 (sum:10)
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    He did. Not before the overgrown tree and its psychedelic map killed the thread though.


    The tree was also horrendously off-topic.

  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, sorry about that, Elki. I debated cutting it but my good sense was distracted by my eye itching horribly.

    I need new contacts >_<

    sigtk.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus playing tennisRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Elldren wrote: »
    He did. Not before the overgrown tree and its psychedelic map killed the thread though.


    The tree was also horrendously off-topic.

    I still think it looks like a camel astronaut.

  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2008
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    I really hate big quote trees.
    Didn't we have a rule on their size or am I just remembering when the new forums wouldn't let us quote more than twice?

    We do have a rule, and I think it was the first thing I pushed for when I got modded.

    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=16986

  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Elki, if we make it to the Asian Champions League final on Wednesday, how much filling of the chat thread with Adelaide United related stuff could I get away with without being banned?

    evilbob wrote: »
    How pretty am I?
    Geth roll 1d10
    Geth wrote: »
    /me rolls 1d10 -> 10 (sum:10)
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2008
    If you win you can have an AU chat thread.

  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yayness :D

    evilbob wrote: »
    How pretty am I?
    Geth roll 1d10
    Geth wrote: »
    /me rolls 1d10 -> 10 (sum:10)
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hey Elki, why'd you lock the old Strange/embarrassing moments thread as opposed to the one made yesterday?

  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Alrighty. Sorry about that before, good people of [chat]. Sometimes I don't back down when I should. =/

    Have since calmed down after making dinner and playing with cat. Hmmm... dinner.

    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2008
    Leitner wrote: »
    Hey Elki, why'd you lock the old Strange/embarrassing moments thread as opposed to the one made yesterday?

    Because the older one is redundant. We have a 'report for awesome' function to highlight awesome/funny things.

  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Crushing pussy; Marry a man Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Leitner wrote: »
    Hey Elki, why'd you lock the old Strange/embarrassing moments thread as opposed to the one made yesterday?
    The one that got locked was the superfluous one, it makes sense.

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man I remember the jet question. The jet takes off. Or its tires blow out, it skids off the conveyor belt and kills everyone onboard horribly.

    Man why haven't mythbusters done this? All you'd need is a model aeroplane.

    Dis' wrote: »
    Cancer is when cells stop letting the body mooch off their hard work - clearly a community of like-minded cells should isolate themselves and do the best job each can do, even if the rest of the body collapses!
  • KilroyKilroy The Architect Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man I remember the jet question. The jet takes off. Or its tires blow out, it skids off the conveyor belt and kills everyone onboard horribly.

    Man why haven't mythbusters done this? All you'd need is a model aeroplane.

    I thought they did.

  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man I remember the jet question. The jet takes off. Or its tires blow out, it skids off the conveyor belt and kills everyone onboard horribly.

    Man why haven't mythbusters done this? All you'd need is a model aeroplane.

    To me the mythbusters guys seem the type to completely misunderstand the scenario.

    evilbob wrote: »
    How pretty am I?
    Geth roll 1d10
    Geth wrote: »
    /me rolls 1d10 -> 10 (sum:10)
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    evilbob wrote: »
    Man I remember the jet question. The jet takes off. Or its tires blow out, it skids off the conveyor belt and kills everyone onboard horribly.

    Man why haven't mythbusters done this? All you'd need is a model aeroplane.

    To me the mythbusters guys seem the type to completely misunderstand the scenario.
    I don't really get what's to misunderstand. It's a plane on a conveyor belt.

    Dis' wrote: »
    Cancer is when cells stop letting the body mooch off their hard work - clearly a community of like-minded cells should isolate themselves and do the best job each can do, even if the rest of the body collapses!
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    evilbob wrote: »
    Man I remember the jet question. The jet takes off. Or its tires blow out, it skids off the conveyor belt and kills everyone onboard horribly.

    Man why haven't mythbusters done this? All you'd need is a model aeroplane.

    To me the mythbusters guys seem the type to completely misunderstand the scenario.
    I don't really get what's to misunderstand. It's a plane on a conveyor belt.

    Most people think the speed of the plane is measured relative to the conveyor belt because they're retarded.

    evilbob wrote: »
    How pretty am I?
    Geth roll 1d10
    Geth wrote: »
    /me rolls 1d10 -> 10 (sum:10)
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    evilbob wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    Man I remember the jet question. The jet takes off. Or its tires blow out, it skids off the conveyor belt and kills everyone onboard horribly.

    Man why haven't mythbusters done this? All you'd need is a model aeroplane.

    To me the mythbusters guys seem the type to completely misunderstand the scenario.
    I don't really get what's to misunderstand. It's a plane on a conveyor belt.

    Most people think the speed of the plane is measured relative to the conveyor belt because they're retarded.
    This doesn't seem like a mistake mythbusters would make. Moreover, since their thing is actually recreating the conditions of the myth, they'd still see the actual effect.

    Of course I suppose the whole thing is made more complicated by the fact that you'll have some residual ground speed added by friction in the coupling between the wheels and the plane.

    EDIT: And of course there's the fact that the conveyor itself would just keep going faster and faster until it blew up because the plane would keep gaining speed.

    Dis' wrote: »
    Cancer is when cells stop letting the body mooch off their hard work - clearly a community of like-minded cells should isolate themselves and do the best job each can do, even if the rest of the body collapses!
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    They wanted to find out if cowboys randomly shooting into the air could hurt people when the bullets came down. To test this they spent fucking forever trying to fire bullets directly vertically. They considered it disproved because rather than recreate the myth they tried to recreate the one scenario in which it wouldn't occur. At this point I started ignoring mythbusters.

    evilbob wrote: »
    How pretty am I?
    Geth roll 1d10
    Geth wrote: »
    /me rolls 1d10 -> 10 (sum:10)
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    evilbob wrote: »
    They wanted to find out if cowboys randomly shooting into the air could hurt people when the bullets came down. To test this they spent fucking forever trying to fire bullets directly vertically. They considered it disproved because rather than recreate the myth they tried to recreate the one scenario in which it wouldn't occur. At this point I started ignoring mythbusters.

    ...Its pretty obvious that if a bullet comes down, and hits you, you'll be damaged. I didn't see the episode, but I assume they were mainly trying to see if it was possible for a cowboy to hit himself doing that.

    Otherwise it would be a retarded myth to check.

    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

    3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • AlexanderAlexander Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Hello Chat,

    so I went to my brothers house at the weekend and played fallout 3, fable 2 and farcry 2 on the 360. fallout3 is awesomo!

    I also recieved a new pc which is super nice too and I have binned my 5 year old dell. It was a productive weekend, I even managed to avoid a 5 car pileup on the motorway on the drive there too!

    Alexander your sig is bad and you should feel bad.
  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Raslin wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    They wanted to find out if cowboys randomly shooting into the air could hurt people when the bullets came down. To test this they spent fucking forever trying to fire bullets directly vertically. They considered it disproved because rather than recreate the myth they tried to recreate the one scenario in which it wouldn't occur. At this point I started ignoring mythbusters.

    ...Its pretty obvious that if a bullet comes down, and hits you, you'll be damaged. I didn't see the episode, but I assume they were mainly trying to see if it was possible for a cowboy to hit himself doing that.

    Otherwise it would be a retarded myth to check.

    It was mostly how lethal it would be. Which is very lethal, unless you fire it almost perfectly vertical in which case the bullet will tumble, drastically reducing it's terminal velocity.

    evilbob wrote: »
    How pretty am I?
    Geth roll 1d10
    Geth wrote: »
    /me rolls 1d10 -> 10 (sum:10)
  • ElkiElki hegemon globalSuper Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2008
    I love ramen.

  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Crushing pussy; Marry a man Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Alexander wrote: »
    Hello Chat,

    so I went to my brothers house at the weekend and played fallout 3, fable 2 and farcry 2 on the 360. fallout3 is awesomo!
    Fallout 3 is not out yet. Does your brother live in the future?

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • AlexanderAlexander Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Nope he doesn't, its a review copy.

    Alexander your sig is bad and you should feel bad.
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Crushing pussy; Marry a man Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ah, that's handy. My brother in the computer game industry has so far yielded no free samples, just bits of occasional secret gossip.

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
This discussion has been closed.