Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

COSMOS FANTASTICA: Marvel Cosmic B.S. Thread

BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS
edited December 2010 in Graphic Violence
VERBAL LOG. NOVA CORPS
OPERATIVE: 11249-44396/RICHARD RIDER--
LAST SURVIVOR OF THE NOVA CORPS
War is hell. No, it's worse. I'm Richard Rider, Nova, last member of the Nova Corps, with the entire power of the Hivemind in me. I've been fighting the Annihilation Wave for around six months now. I don't have enough time to give my whole story, If you want that check the earlier logs.
annnova4.jpg

Anihlation: Nova 1-4, the cover is for #4. The series, which is the best out of the Annihilation set-ups, chronicles Nova's journey from the destruction of the Nova Corps, to his meeting with Drax the Destroyer to eventually leading the resistance against the Annihlation Wave.

We're fighting the best we can, but it's not going well. For every member of the Wave we kill, five more pop up. The Skrull and Kree empires have been all but destroyed. The remnants still fight on, led by two of the greatest leaders we have in our cause. Ronan the Accuser and K'lrt, the recently revived Super-Skrull.
405px-Ronanaccuser1.jpg
Ronan plays a role in the Annihilation limited-series crossover event. In an attempt to clear his name after being accused of treason, Ronan travels to the planet of Godthab Omega to find the witness who testified against him. On the planet he encounters the assassin Gamora and her band of warriors known as the Graces, one of which is the witness in question (Tana Nile). Although Ronan eventually discovers that it was an individual in the Kree Fiyero House who planned his betrayal, Tana Nile dies (a victim of the Annihilation wave) before a specific name can be given. By the end of the miniseries, Ronan sets off for Hala to defend the Kree empire from the approaching wave of destruction. He joins Nova's United Front in an attempt to defend off the Annihilation Wave.
Annihilation004_SKRULL_scaled_800.png
In the Annihilation: Super-Skrull mini-series, Kl'rt attempts to stop the destructive wave before it reaches the Skrull homeworld. After nearly being overwhelmed by the forces of Annihilus, he sacrifices himself by destroying the Harvester of Sorrows - the enormous organic warship that destroyed the Skrull homeworld and wreaked havoc throughout the universe. His body is later recovered, and in Annihilation #3, Kl'rt is mysteriously revived during a battle between Firelord and Ravenous.

While the Wave is incredibly powerful, we have....well had, some heavy hitters too. We had the former Heralds of Galactus: Firelord, Red...dammit, I always for get his name. and Stardust. Firelord's status is currently unknown but I think he's alive, but Red....Raven? No. Guardian? Wonderful. I can't remeber the name of the man who saved my life, both died when we were forecd to evac. With the Heralds bieng rounded up, it makes me wonder....where is the Silver Surfer in all of this?
250px-ANNSILV002.jpg
This series focuses primarily on an attempt by Annihilus to capture the current and former Heralds of Galactus, as well as Galactus himself, presumably in order to study and harness their power cosmic. The Silver Surfer learns of the Annihilation Wave and of the attempt by Annihilus's "Seekers" to capture the various heralds, primarily through the use of "Currs," dog-like beasts on leashes made out of cosmic energy. During the course of the four issues, the Seekers succeed in killing former herald Air-Walker and in capturing Terrax and Morg. Although Terrax's fate is unrevealed, Annihilus kills Morg in an unsuccessful attempt to drain his power. Several of the other former heralds, Firelord, Red Shift, and Stardust, decide to fight a war against the Annihilation Wave, while the first herald, the Fallen One, carries out its own mission for Thanos, another of Marvel's "cosmic" characters.

Ultimately, the Surfer elects to return to Galactus in order to help protect Galactus from Annihilus's attacks and preserve Galactus's role as a necessary element in the balance of the universe. The Surfer returns to his role as Galactus's herald and easily defeats an entire attacking fleet, as well as the Seekers' leader, "Ravenous," despite Ravenous's claims to be equal to the Surfer due to empowerment with "the opposing force", which is apparently the Negative Zone's equivalent of the Power Cosmic. Despite Galactus's objections, the Surfer refuses to kill Ravenous.

We're currently recouping our losses, finding the right times to strike, trying to talk the Shi'ar into joining us. All we can do is fight, for everyones' sakes.
ann4cover.jpg
Annihilation #4 (of 6) - Written by Keith Giffen, penciled by Andrea DiVito, cover by Gabrielle Dell'Otto.

Left behind, can Drax survive... Thanos takes action... and Nova sets course on a suicide mission. Bottom line, no Marvel Cosmic fan will forgive himself for missing THIS ISSUE!

32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99
Info is courtesy of Marvel.
ann5cover.jpg
Annihilation #5 (of 6) - Written by Keith Giffen, penciled by Andrea DiVito, cover by Gabrielle Dell'Otto.

With the war lost, Ronan and the very, very angry Super-Skrull kill their way to the heart of the Kree Empire. VIVE LA KREE!

32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

ann6cover.jpg
10/17/06 Annihilation #6 Solicitation!
Annihilation #6 (of 6) - Written by Keith Giffen, penciled by Andrea DiVito, cover by Gabrielle Dell'Otto.

Nova and Annihilus face off in a fight to the finish with the fates of two, count ‘em, two, universes at stake. You think that’s bad? Wait until you see what happens when Galactus decides to go to war. All this and Quasar! Need we add that after this issue, Marvel’s cosmic landscape will never be the same?

32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Blankspace on
SIG.gif

• SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    delphinus wrote:
    so do they just zoom around space punching people?

I laughed way too hard at this.

• Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User
    edited October 2006
    Munch wrote:
    I'm really disappointed the trades for this haven't even been solicited yet. I initially decided to pass on this, since I really couldn't budget the four minis into my monthly comic fund, but now I'm wishing I would have just said fuck it and bought it all up.

It is pretty fantastic. I had tons of skepticism and tons of money that I didn't have, so I only got Nova and never regretted it.

flash1.png
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    delphinus wrote:
    so then anyone wanna do a quick run up on what nova corps has been up to?

hell i thought nova was a guy from new warriors

the most notable thing the nova corps ever did was get annihilated

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I didn't know there was a Nova Corps until they were killed. I thought Nova was the only Nova-ish character.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Are the interiors anywhere near as amazing as the covers? That one Ronan cover is about twenty flavors of kickassawesome

I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Are the interiors anywhere near as amazing as the covers? That one Ronan cover is about twenty flavors of kickassawesome
    The interiors are ok. Not nearly the quality of the covers though.

Dumb Hero wrote: »
    "Okay, you take 2d4 damage from the ogre's dick impaling your 2inch anus"
    Hey, Satan.
    edited November 2006
    Will Ronan and Noh-varr ever meet?

edited November 2006
    annihilationprologue104xb3.jpg

• wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Thanks to my local comics shop, I was able to pick up a bunch of these for $1 an issue. I got all of the issues from the minis except for Super Skrull #4, Silver Surfer #1 and #2, and Nova #1-3. I'll have to see if I can track those down.

It's pretty bad ass in a large scale way. One thing that's weird to me is, if Reed Richards knows about the Annihilation wave, why the fuck is he wasting his time on this Civil War crap?

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited November 2006
    Blame the writers, not the characters.

edited November 2006
    Yeah, I know. He justs treats the news in such an uninterested way. Maybe he just didn't trust Super Skrull?

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    How's the new issue? It was sold out by the time I got to the shop - I ordered a copy online, should be here today.

• deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    edited December 2006
    I think the title of this thread pretty much sums it up. The issue answers the following questions: how bad ass is Ronan? How much ass can be kicked by a Ronan/Kl'rt team up? Why should you not fuck around with Galactus?

The Annihilation wave is so fucked.

• Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    wwtMask wrote:
    Why should you not fuck around with Galactus?

[spoiler:2d02620c62]Know me, Annihilus. Know me...

...and know fear!
    [/spoiler:2d02620c62]

edited December 2006
    [spoiler:c282a1e50e] Im impressed
    you do not tell him I said that[/spoiler:c282a1e50e]

The section with those three was just so bad ass.

Hey, Satan.
    edited December 2006
    So, Ronan accused a lot of people in this issue.

Accused them right in the heads.

edited December 2006
    And then judged them six ways from Sunday.

Hey, Satan.
  • Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Thanks so much for sending me this series, Marathon. Today was my new comic day and I can't wait to go home and read it.

steam_sig.png
  • tehfalconertehfalconer moonrocks in my noseRegistered User
    edited January 2007
    So, Ronan accused a lot of people in this issue.

Accused them right in the heads.
    I laughed at how the Centurions were just staring around in the background and then all of a sudden just teleport out of there.

Also, I just read Ultimate Fantastic Four and that version of Annihilus is a punk.

... you will be the falcon, and I shall remain... The Falconer!
  • GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Annihilation 6 out today...

Take note civil war editors/writers, THIS is how you change the status quo in a comic book! The galactic side of the Marvel universe has achieved the level of tension that Civil war is trying to create on the terrestial side.

[spoiler:1e9cc009c0]Ravenous has control over the skrull sectors and a large section of the kree empire?
    Annihilus reborn?
    Drax out loose with his main motivation for living gone?
    Hungry galactus with surfer back beside him?[/spoiler:1e9cc009c0]

Should be interesting to see all those things play out in the future.

Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm kicking myself for not following Annihilation to begin with (I love cosmic spectacle). But now I'm going to wait for the trades to come out before I tuck in. I like cosmic spectacle even better without ads.

• Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Just picked this up. So much better than Civil War in every way possible…I'm surprised that I enjoyed a book with characters that I know little to nothing about. I've heard of all of them…just never really read much up on them. Last scene with Nova and Annihilus…man. I have a feeling that the ending to Civil War is going to fail in comparison.

steam_sig.png
  • GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Just picked this up. So much better than Civil War in every way possible…I'm surprised that I enjoyed a book with characters that I know little to nothing about. I've heard of all of them…just never really read much up on them. Last scene with Nova and Annihilus…man. I have a feeling that the ending to Civil War is going to fail in comparison.

[spoiler:11ae353551]What if it ends the exact same way?
    I can see it now. Captain America reaches into Stark's mouth slot and pulls out his liver.
    It'd be a classic![/spoiler:11ae353551]

Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
    edited February 2007
    If we learned anything from Annihilation, we learned this:

Do not EVER fuck with Galactus. :shock:

• mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    wwtMask wrote:

Of course, this just makes it more and more absurd that any Earthlings - however super-powered - beat him repeatedly.

I mean, it seems like Galactus would have just unleashed this sort of destructive power on Earth, given that the insult to him (threatening him w/ the Ultimate Nullifier, his own weapon) was nearly as bad as this (draining his power).

I also [spoiler:d7c07bf7e0]hate the whole 'Annihilus reborn' thing, because I find the whole resurrection thing so trite that the only way to make it worse is to have the resurrection occur in the same issue as the death.[/spoiler:d7c07bf7e0]

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    wwtMask wrote:

Of course, this just makes it more and more absurd that any Earthlings - however super-powered - beat him repeatedly.

I mean, it seems like Galactus would have just unleashed this sort of destructive power on Earth, given that the insult to him (threatening him w/ the Ultimate Nullifier, his own weapon) was nearly as bad as this (draining his power).

I also [spoiler:8b3b7a6ff1]hate the whole 'Annihilus reborn' thing, because I find the whole resurrection thing so trite that the only way to make it worse is to have the resurrection occur in the same issue as the death.[/spoiler:8b3b7a6ff1]

Yeah but to do so, would sort've destroy a buttload of planets the are potentially food for him. I think this was a rather extreme measure, that I doubt he would go to again.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast
  • IrohIroh Registered User
    edited February 2007
    wwtMask wrote:

I also [spoiler:760a10431e]hate the whole 'Annihilus reborn' thing, because I find the whole resurrection thing so trite that the only way to make it worse is to have the resurrection occur in the same issue as the death.[/spoiler:760a10431e]

[spoiler:760a10431e]It's kind of lame, but at the same time, I look at is as a vessel for some awesome characters like Ronan and Super-Skrull to make another big appearance.[/spoiler:760a10431e]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HoA-playerHoA-player Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Awesome.

AWESOME!

I have one little nitpick tho.

[spoiler:9c3947ace0]Whatever happened to Tenebrous of the Darkness Between and Aegis, Lady of All Sorrows?
    They took down Galactus and don't even get mentioned in the epiloge.[/spoiler:9c3947ace0]

Also:

[spoiler:9c3947ace0]re Annihilus reborn:

Annihilation 2: Annihilate Harder

:D[/spoiler:9c3947ace0]

edited February 2007
    All right guys, the war is over. So now we must decide who was badassiest in the series. I propose doing so by ranking the our top 5 of the major players in terms of badassiness. For fairness, we'll disregard Galactus, Tenebrous, and Aegis.

1. Ronan
    2. Super Skrull (w/ Praxagora)
    3. Nova
    4. Drax
    5. Annihilus

Honorable mentions: Silver Surfer, Thanos, Gamora, Quasar, the Kree Army, Ravenous

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I am so looking forward to the trades of this oh man.

edited February 2007
    HoA-player wrote:
    Awesome.

AWESOME!

I have one little nitpick tho.

[spoiler:0c1829179d]Whatever happened to Tenebrous of the Darkness Between and Aegis, Lady of All Sorrows?
    They took down Galactus and don't even get mentioned in the epiloge.[/spoiler:0c1829179d]

The Silver Surfer section of the Heralds of Galactus miniseries spinning out of Annihilation covers this.

• delphinusdelphinus Registered User
    edited February 2007
    [spoiler:c1ce69c8e4]Thanos of Titan, Dead?[/spoiler:c1ce69c8e4]

I....I think I need to sit down.... :shock:

• kdrudykdrudy Registered User
    edited February 2007
    delphinus wrote:
    [spoiler:c064b6c414]Thanos of Titan, Dead?[/spoiler:c064b6c414]

I....I think I need to sit down.... :shock:

And Adam Warlock nowhere to be found, shocks me more.

tvsfrank.jpg
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Isnt he residing outside the universe for a little bit though?

Death to PA.
  • tehfalconertehfalconer moonrocks in my noseRegistered User
    edited February 2007
    I have a quick question about one of the loose ends: [spoiler:1e235c464b]Whats up with Cammi and Tinkerbell (or whatever the fairy's name is)? I never understood the relationship between Cammi & Drax and I'm not sure what's being hinted at with Thanos' buddy on her shoulder.[/spoiler:1e235c464b]

... you will be the falcon, and I shall remain... The Falconer!
  • IrohIroh Registered User
    edited February 2007
    [spoiler:cd93b6d0ca]The thing between Drax and Cammi was a father/daughter type relationship, something they were likely both used but had lost at some point. The way I understand it is that Drax hadn't seen Moondragon in a long time, and of course Cammi is in outer-space when originally from Alaska, so that kind of speaks for itself.
    As for the pixie, I have no idea.[/spoiler:cd93b6d0ca]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    Oh man this series was so good. This is how I wish Civil War could be. I know it can't because it's not supposed to be a clearcut story of good vs. evil like this, but Annhilation is by far my favorite event.

I kinda wanna track down the Heralds of Galactus miniseries and check out the action there. Maybe ill wait for the trade though.

So many good points in the last issue. My favorite would have to be.
    [spoiler:bda00e40d3]Go Surfer, HERALD MY RAGE![/spoiler:bda00e40d3]
    badassness all around.

Hey, Satan.
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User
    edited February 2007
    in the last issue, what were those blue pills floating around galactus?

edit:
    this is my new super spoilerific, awesome-tastic desktop

http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=annihilation6006007ov0.jpg

edited February 2007
    [spoiler:811cfbf4cf]The blue pills were where Annhylis had been storing the power cosmic that he had siphened off from Galactus. My guess is that he reabsorbed them after he broke free.[/spoiler:811cfbf4cf]

Hey, Satan.