As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bachelor Party

devicesdevices Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys! My brother is getting married on Jan 2nd so a bachelor party is in order! :winky:

I'm having a real problem trying to figure what to do though. See the thing is that one of my brother's other groomsmen is my younger brother who is only 16. Obviously that eliminates a lot of your standard ideas, especially along the beer and boobs avenue, so I am trying to come up with something more creative and unique.

It had occured to me to try and get a stripper that comes to your house, but I'm fairly certain they come with a bouncer and I dont think he would take kindly to my other brother only being 16.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and just fyi, I am 23, my brother that's getting married is 22, as i mentioned above my younger brother is 16 and the other groomsman is 21. None of us are opposed to having a lot of fun, though I would say I'm probably the only one who would want to keep everything (mostly) legal, if that says anything.

devices on

• Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Paintball is always a fun and popular activity, especially for those who cannot drink.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    rent out a roller rink and hire a bunch of strippers

Doc on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Doc wrote: »
    rent out a roller rink and hire a bunch of strippers

somehow, this seems oddly do-able...

devices on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    In my experience, the men that come with strippers are there for their protection and nothing else. Well, also to hold their things. He probably won't care whose there. With that said, it might still be illegal to have a stripper working a house with a minor.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2008
    The best bachelor party I went to was the night before my friends wedding. Every male who was in both the bride and groom's family, as well as everyone in the bridal party (and some other friends) sat around the house smoking cigars, playing cards and shooting the shit. It was great.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Golf or Paintball are always awesome.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nuclearalchemistnuclearalchemist Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hanging out and having fun. Then again, my bachelor party involved going to dinner, then a strip club, then a karaoke place. But yeah, try paintball, hanging out playing cards, smoking cigars, etc etc.

Don't keep it too legal though. Its supposed to be a celebration of extremes =)

nuclearalchemist on
    ~Eigen-fleichen
  • Options
    CorakCorak Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Not to sound like a prude but personally I don't see the appeal of strippers the night before you dedicate yourself to ONE person. Like I said, I probably sound like a prude :lol:

As for ideas, the last party I went to did go-karts at night, which was quite fun. We also got a deal in these giant rock'em sock'em robots that we could ride inside... the groom got a free game against each groomsman in turn.

Corak on
    I live!
  • Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My buddy just got married. What they did was go to this little cabin by a forest, they got everyone axes and bb guns and booze, and then just fucked around all night doing manly things.

What I did for my bro's wedding was to take a small group out to a nice dinner, and then hang out at my house with a bunch of booze and games and what not all night. But my brother doesnt really like doing crazy things...

Paintball would be what I'd want to do probably, but I loooove paintball. Paintball where it was guys vs. strippers would be awesome too.

NotYou on
  • Options
    GuffreyGuffrey Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    You said the wedding is Jan. 2nd, but when are you planning on having the party? I know a lot of people do them the night before, but if you are planning on staying up all night drinking, I would suggest doing it at least a few days before.

Guffrey on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Don't ask us.

Ask the groom.

He tells you whatever he wants to do since the night (or weekend) is about him. Then you organise it.

He may want a stripper he may not. If he does call the place ask them what their policy is, see if you can get your little brother to leave the room if need be. If not ask your brother whether or not he wants him to come, I mean he may want to do a pub crawl so that means your little brother is right out, it sucks but those are the breaks.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Blaket wrote: »
    Don't ask us.

Ask the groom.

He tells you whatever he wants to do since the night (or weekend) is about him. Then you organise it.

He may want a stripper he may not. If he does call the place ask them what their policy is, see if you can get your little brother to leave the room if need be. If not ask your brother whether or not he wants him to come, I mean he may want to do a pub crawl so that means your little brother is right out, it sucks but those are the breaks.

This is the correct answer.

Plus I have to think some of the guys may still be reeling from December 31st fun. :)

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The bouncer is there to make sure you don't rape the stripper. That's about it. If that is what you are into, you should be totally fine.

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Scrublet wrote: »
    The bouncer is there to make sure you don't rape the stripper.

is it bad I laughed?

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    Corak wrote: »
    As for ideas, the last party I went to did go-karts at night, which was quite fun. We also got a deal in these giant rock'em sock'em robots that we could ride inside... the groom got a free game against each groomsman in turn.

...with strippers

Doc on
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    Don't ask us.

Ask the groom.

This is the correct answer.

Plus I have to think some of the guys may still be reeling from December 31st fun. :)

Double-limed.

This is the part I forgot to mention. It's his night. If strippers make him uncomfortable, don't go down that road. Yes, you'll probably get shit from someone else (e.g. where are the strippers, ya idiot), but just brush it off. Bottom line - the party should be enjoyable and memorable for the groom.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Is there any one thing you all like to do together? If you like fishing, go fishing... if you like hunting, go hunting... if you like rock climbing, go climb rocks. There's plenty of things that can be done on the cheap without worrying about a stripper providing extras to a 16 year old.

GungHo on
  • Options
    Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My bachelor party was pretty awesome. My friends rented 2 lanes at a super nice bowling alley that had a full bar with wait service to the lanes. Those of us that wanted to drink did and those of us that don't drink didn't.

Everyone had a good time and wasn't forced to do something that they can't/won't do.

Evil_Reaver on
    XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I didn't have a bachelor party, and I'm happy that my best man asked me if I wanted one before trying to plan something. When he later got married, and asked me to be his best man, it ended up being the same thing -- no bachelor party.

Both of us were seeing the marriage thing as less of a "loss of freedom" and more a "legal show of love." For me, personally, if I was going to have a lot of fun... I wanted my future wife to have it with me.

Which is why you should totally ask the groom. Maybe he really wants a stripper and will personally tell the 16yr old "hey man, we're gonna be partying & stuff and I'd love you to be there but it's all 'over 21' stuff, which makes it illegal for you to be there. hey, I'll make it up to you when you get married, man!" But maybe he just wants to hang out with friends or do something fun for everyone.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Hmmm... walking a thin line on this one. I hate to say it, but the groom's wishes come before anyone else in this case. He's getting married, it's his bachelor party, he's got the final say as to what happens. If this means going off on adult pursuits that don't allow 16yo's, well, tough. I don't think you could consider a 16yo a bachelor, anyways.

But show some compassion- I'd try to plan some part of it where he COULD come along and enjoy himself- you know, paintball, fishing, maybe just go out, get a load of steaks and other guy foods, gather around a grill and just shoot shit about guy things over steak and baked potatos and other "unhealthy" foods that guys like. (ribs, chicken, burgers, etc.)

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    For my bachelor party weekend, we were supposed to go golfing but it rained on us Saturday afternoon. Our backup plan was a Texas Hold 'Em tournament which was fun. Then we went downtown and got destroyed. Next morning, we went out to Sunday brunch and then to cap it off we went to a Vikings game.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    thanks guys... i will definitely ask him. I honestly was hesitant because i thought it was supposed to be (traditionally? i dont know) more of a suprise thing.

thanks again!

devices on