Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Fable II: Buy the DLC, or the lead designer gets it.

• BelruelBelruel naw Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Triple B wrote: »
    I have a question for those who have beaten the game.

I just
    Spoiler:

Please tell me I am wrong and there are still many hours of fun to be had.
    Spoiler:

3DS friendcode: 2380-4618-2503
  • Triple BTriple B Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Belruel wrote: »
    Triple B wrote: »
    I have a question for those who have beaten the game.

I just
    Spoiler:

Please tell me I am wrong and there are still many hours of fun to be had.
    Spoiler:

Ah, good stuff. Thank you, kind sir. *heroic pose*

steam_sig.png
  • Majestic GoatMajestic Goat Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Please add me to the list too

Majestic Goat - AiroValeth

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man, does anyone know where the gargoyles in Bloodstone are? I'm missing one, I've checked the whole town and I can't even hear the last one I'm missing.

Edit: nevermind, I found a walkthrough

steam_sig.png
  • Majestic GoatMajestic Goat Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Is there a way to complete the archaeology quest after
    Spoiler:
    or am I totally fucked and have to start another character to complete?

• WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Probably fucked, but I couldn't say for sure.

858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • seancseanc Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sheep wrote: »
    2z4wpb8.jpg

This is the guy that wrecks everyone's shit, steals your wives, and buys your property out from under you.

Maybe I can manage a better pic tomorrow.

Wow, your dog is really golden, is your char very good/pure? Maybe the black/grey color of mine has to do with the "morally grey area" I exist in :P

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    HAHA!! Crucible in 515 seconds, maxing my character's skills along the way!

steam_sig.png
  • MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I did a run through of the cruicible where all I did was consume +xp potions and food.

Thank you x5 multiplier.

I now have 400k gen xp left over after maxing everything, and about 10k in each of the other areas.

• wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User
    edited October 2008
    seanc wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    2z4wpb8.jpg

This is the guy that wrecks everyone's shit, steals your wives, and buys your property out from under you.

Maybe I can manage a better pic tomorrow.

Wow, your dog is really golden, is your char very good/pure? Maybe the black/grey color of mine has to do with the "morally grey area" I exist in :P

Yeah, my dog turned golden lab color right after I got probably 75% good or so? It's not just purity, but it could be both I don't know.

By the way, that character?

THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!!!

Hehe, I married "Jen the Housewife". I wonder how that feels, everyone in town is in love with the guy who stole your wife.

Edit: :^::^: on thread title

gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I ended up buying the castle last night. I have to say it was an interesting little turn of events after buying it.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    What do I have to do to get the gates in Fairfax Gardens to open?

sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
  • ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Arasaki will do co-op!

I also have about 5 Lucien dolls if anyone needs them. I buggered up on that character and
    Spoiler:

My only regret is that I didn't drink every pub dry and sleep with every woman on the planet.
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Where would one get these dolls that everybody is trading?

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Samphis wrote: »
    Where would one get these dolls that everybody is trading?
    I got my two Luciens (which I'd be happy to trade to someone who needs them) from the shooting range in Westfield as a second prize.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • darleysamdarleysam Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Please add me to the list too

Majestic Goat - AiroValeth
    Awesome, can you add me to the list

DozingDragon - DozingDragon

Making a note of these so I can do it when I get home from work. Much easier there than here.

Also, it upsets me being on msn here at work and seeing people at home playing Fable 2 :(
    Besides that though? Not bad at all. I would even say I prefer it to Fable 1, another game that I liked and hated at the same time.

You don't know what this means to me, Xeno. I'm thinking of putting it in the OP.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Quick question.

I'm about to
    Spoiler:
    and I'd like to finish up some quests first.

So I'd like to know if
    Spoiler:

edited October 2008
    Quick question.

I'm about to
    Spoiler:
    and I'd like to finish up some quests first.

So I'd like to know if
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Haikira wrote: »
    Speaking about the celery, my character is no longer fat. 8-)8-)

Is there anywhere other than Bowerstone Market to get this stuff? I spent like "8 weeks" last night trying to get my character thinner, and the bitch just kept running out of celery. Very annoying.

Also, for example, if I go to a bookstore and I see "Dog Treasure Hunting Part I" is there any way at all to know if I've actually already bought that before or not? I'm pretty sure i've bought some of the same things like 4 times now, pretty goddamn frustrating.

PierceNeck wrote: »
    People still do the anal thing?
  • DomhnallDomhnall Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    All the food produce dudes in all towns sell celery.

Also question about The Archaeologist:
    Spoiler:

Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
    edited October 2008
    If anyone can do a melee chain on command: How the fuck? I just want to know. I've tried everything.

I finally figured it out last night.

Basically you need to tap X at the end of your previous sword swing, once you start it up and get around 5 to 8 swings it starts speeding up and you have to tap a lot faster. Sometimes it is really hard to do when you are in the middle of like 12 guys, but once you get the steady tap down to start it, it's pretty each to start a chain.

...that is of course until a mob decides to block you... ugh.

Oh hey, i'm Wavechaser48 on Xbox live for co-op if I can get added to the list.

Thanks.

edited October 2008
    Domhnall wrote: »

Spoiler:

I've only found a produce dude in Bowerstone. I wish they would improve on this map function because finding anything other than a weapon stall, is a joke.

edited October 2008
    In Bopwerstone there's one outside the furniture shop, assume that's the one you're using. In Oakfield there's one around the farm wood chopping job sign. The better the economy of a place the more celery the food produce guy will stock because they'll have one piece for each star rating.

Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • bombboybombboy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    btw, they have a "fix" for the LE's that didn't get a download card now:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/games/fable2/default.htm

XBL - BombBoyGT | PSN - BombBoyGT | Steam - BombBoy | BF4
    edited October 2008

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

edited October 2008
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoilers up to the very end (not end game).
    Spoiler:

Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • HonkHonk Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Hi, I'd like to know roughly how long the main questline is. A friend of mine bought Fable II on friday and finished it yesterday. He doesn't play games fast at all so that tells me it's probably 5-6 hours, he couldn't tell how long he had played either.

• Kate of LokysKate of Lokys Registered User
    edited October 2008
    bombboy wrote: »

Yeah, my code will be emailed to me... in 10 business days. Everyone I know who has the regular edition of the game is entering their email address as well. Between that and the fact that they're giving away the pub games for free... what the fuck did I pay an extra $10 for?

I'm here to tell you about voting. Imagine you're locked in a huge underground nightclub filled with sinners, whores, freaks and unnameable things that rape pit bulls for fun. And you ain't allowed out until you all vote on what you're going to do tonight [. . .] So you vote for television, and everyone else, as far as your eye can see, votes to fuck you with switchblades. That's voting. You're welcome.
    edited October 2008
    In Bopwerstone there's one outside the furniture shop, assume that's the one you're using. In Oakfield there's one around the farm wood chopping job sign. The better the economy of a place the more celery the food produce guy will stock because they'll have one piece for each star rating.

Thanks!

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Where are they giving out the pub games for free?

• ZerokkuZerokku Registered User
    edited October 2008

Yeah, my code will be emailed to me... in 10 business days. Everyone I know who has the regular edition of the game is entering their email address as well. Between that and the fact that they're giving away the pub games for free... what the fuck did I pay an extra $10 for?

A making of DVD.

Basically a standard "Limited Edition" game. Generally speaking most don't come with anything more then that.

• Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Honk wrote: »
    Hi, I'd like to know roughly how long the main questline is. A friend of mine bought Fable II on friday and finished it yesterday. He doesn't play games fast at all so that tells me it's probably 5-6 hours, he couldn't tell how long he had played either.

The main questline is not very long at all, and if you stick to it you'll finish the game pretty fast. On the other hand, the main quest isn't really the point of Fable II... it's that you can just spend hours and hours screwing around and just enjoy the world and all there is to do in it.

I easily logged about 30 hours of playtime before finishing it myself, and now I'm playing through it again, because things are different as a char of opposite alignment and gender. :D

edited October 2008
    Oh, and thanks to whoever was suggesting to use the Raise Dead spell in order to distract enemies. :^:

It made things sooooo much easier. Level 2 raise dead, charge up to level 5 time stop, run around and wreck everyone's shit or sit in the back and blow their heads off.

Seriously, the raise dead trick kicks ass.

• Kate of LokysKate of Lokys Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Zerokku wrote: »

A making of DVD.

Basically a standard "Limited Edition" game. Generally speaking most don't come with anything more then that.
    Which is why I don't normally bother buying limited edition versions. This one, however, was advertised as having more stuff. Not only was the bonus stuff not present, not only do I need to wait two weeks after buying the game to get it, but now, they're giving it away to other people.

I think I have a right to be a little ticked off.

I'm here to tell you about voting. Imagine you're locked in a huge underground nightclub filled with sinners, whores, freaks and unnameable things that rape pit bulls for fun. And you ain't allowed out until you all vote on what you're going to do tonight [. . .] So you vote for television, and everyone else, as far as your eye can see, votes to fuck you with switchblades. That's voting. You're welcome.
  • deowolfdeowolf Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    .. what the fuck did I pay an extra $10 for?

Neat-o box art?

[SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoilers up to the very end (not end game).
    Spoiler:

Then you've got the part that you need. When you're walking through Oakfield on the way to the temple the first time, Theresa chimes in with the story about the golden Acorn and how it dies and is reborn every few decades. Head to that part of Oakfield and your dog should freak out and start running toward a dig spot.

• HonkHonk Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Honk wrote: »

The main questline is not very long at all, and if you stick to it you'll finish the game pretty fast. On the other hand, the main quest isn't really the point of Fable II... it's that you can just spend hours and hours screwing around and just enjoy the world and all there is to do in it.

I easily logged about 30 hours of playtime before finishing it myself, and now I'm playing through it again, because things are different as a char of opposite alignment and gender. :D

Okay, that sounds better. I guess he just rushed through it, I'll check it out then!

edited October 2008
    Thanks, Zed. Much appreciated.

I was about to go on a tour of the second half of the game hoping my dog would eventually find it...which he never would have.

Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Fuck. I have FO3 sitting at home, but I haven't finished this yet... Like, at all. Now begs the question: Finish this or start on FO3.

I know I should finish this but... FUCKING FALLOUT3! I've been waiting since two or three days after Fallout 2.

Games completed recently: Dragon's Crown, Knights of Pen and Paper, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (20th time), Defender's Quest, The Witcher
  • darleysamdarleysam Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Zerokku wrote: »

A making of DVD.

Which is why I don't normally bother buying limited edition versions. This one, however, was advertised as having more stuff. Not only was the bonus stuff not present, not only do I need to wait two weeks after buying the game to get it, but now, they're giving it away to other people.

I think I have a right to be a little ticked off.

That sucks. Any chance the people who didn't buy the LE won't get the stuff? Also, they should've dropped the price down. I paid £40 for mine, and that's basically the same as the standard edition.

This discussion has been closed.