Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Fable II: Buy the DLC, or the lead designer gets it.

• WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh, and thanks to whoever was suggesting to use the Raise Dead spell in order to distract enemies. :^:

It made things sooooo much easier. Level 2 raise dead, charge up to level 5 time stop, run around and wreck everyone's shit or sit in the back and blow their heads off.

Seriously, the raise dead trick kicks ass.

PierceNeck wrote: »
    People still do the anal thing?
  • Kate of LokysKate of Lokys Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Zerokku wrote: »
    bombboy wrote: »
    btw, they have a "fix" for the LE's that didn't get a download card now:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/games/fable2/default.htm
    Yeah, my code will be emailed to me... in 10 business days. Everyone I know who has the regular edition of the game is entering their email address as well. Between that and the fact that they're giving away the pub games for free... what the fuck did I pay an extra $10 for?

A making of DVD.

Basically a standard "Limited Edition" game. Generally speaking most don't come with anything more then that.
    Which is why I don't normally bother buying limited edition versions. This one, however, was advertised as having more stuff. Not only was the bonus stuff not present, not only do I need to wait two weeks after buying the game to get it, but now, they're giving it away to other people.

I think I have a right to be a little ticked off.

I'm here to tell you about voting. Imagine you're locked in a huge underground nightclub filled with sinners, whores, freaks and unnameable things that rape pit bulls for fun. And you ain't allowed out until you all vote on what you're going to do tonight [. . .] So you vote for television, and everyone else, as far as your eye can see, votes to fuck you with switchblades. That's voting. You're welcome.
  • deowolfdeowolf Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    .. what the fuck did I pay an extra $10 for?

Neat-o box art?

[SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Domhnall wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Domhnall wrote: »
    All the food produce dudes in all towns sell celery.

Also question about The Archaeologist:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoilers up to the very end (not end game).
    Spoiler:

Then you've got the part that you need. When you're walking through Oakfield on the way to the temple the first time, Theresa chimes in with the story about the golden Acorn and how it dies and is reborn every few decades. Head to that part of Oakfield and your dog should freak out and start running toward a dig spot.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • HonkHonk Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Honk wrote: »
    Hi, I'd like to know roughly how long the main questline is. A friend of mine bought Fable II on friday and finished it yesterday. He doesn't play games fast at all so that tells me it's probably 5-6 hours, he couldn't tell how long he had played either.

The main questline is not very long at all, and if you stick to it you'll finish the game pretty fast. On the other hand, the main quest isn't really the point of Fable II... it's that you can just spend hours and hours screwing around and just enjoy the world and all there is to do in it.

I easily logged about 30 hours of playtime before finishing it myself, and now I'm playing through it again, because things are different as a char of opposite alignment and gender. :D

Okay, that sounds better. I guess he just rushed through it, I'll check it out then!

• DomhnallDomhnall Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Thanks, Zed. Much appreciated.

I was about to go on a tour of the second half of the game hoping my dog would eventually find it...which he never would have.

Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Fuck. I have FO3 sitting at home, but I haven't finished this yet... Like, at all. Now begs the question: Finish this or start on FO3.

I know I should finish this but... FUCKING FALLOUT3! I've been waiting since two or three days after Fallout 2.

Saturday Oct 4th @ 3pm EST I will be hosting a Game Night with a bunch of friends. We plan to stream everything to the following twitch account, so please join us!
    Twitch.tv account: GameNightGoesll
    Direct Link
  • darleysamdarleysam Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

Yeah, my code will be emailed to me... in 10 business days. Everyone I know who has the regular edition of the game is entering their email address as well. Between that and the fact that they're giving away the pub games for free... what the fuck did I pay an extra $10 for?

A making of DVD.

Basically a standard "Limited Edition" game. Generally speaking most don't come with anything more then that.
    Which is why I don't normally bother buying limited edition versions. This one, however, was advertised as having more stuff. Not only was the bonus stuff not present, not only do I need to wait two weeks after buying the game to get it, but now, they're giving it away to other people.

That sucks. Any chance the people who didn't buy the LE won't get the stuff? Also, they should've dropped the price down. I paid £40 for mine, and that's basically the same as the standard edition.

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Damn, didn't notice the new thread! Tonight in Prospicience's fable II adventures:

1. Make family.
    2. Kill all gargoyles.

Pfffffffffflickr ||Steam: IamBic || Bnet: IamBick#1264
    edited October 2008
    My brother just sent me this text
    If there is onw downfall to worshipping shadows and darkness, it is that we must take our tea without milk

I don't know why, but I find that brilliant.

• wyrlsswyrlss Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Can anyone confirm that Hobbes are a philosophy reference, or is the name just coincidence?

K9Violator.png
    edited October 2008
    Well the Hobbes are nasty, brutish and short...

I think my brain just kerploded.

Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    edited October 2008
    So last night I went to bloodstone, bought a house so I could sleep with a hooker which was cool, (okay mostly I needed somewhere to sleep so I could buy stuff from the stores during the day). Wake up the next day, my crazy ass wife shows up.

Um, why is this crazy bitch following me around?

Since i'm basically a saint on this character, any way to get rid of this 'family' without killing them? Or should I just kill them and atone for it later?

• SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah, I had my wife in OakField follow me to Bowerstone for some reason last night.

QlBGc.jpg
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have the LE version and it came with a card, however I'm unclear how to get the pub games.

Another thing that bugs me is I don't get any of the equipment from doing the story lines on the website, all I ever get is the weapon and armor. Not a big deal, but still I don't see why I wouldn't be able to get it.

I spent some time last night seeing how many ladies I could get into bed at once, turns out 8 not including me. The funny part is it only counted as one extramarital affair. I got 7 or 8 std's out of it though. I also spent time going through a lot of the stuff that I skipped over. The main story is a little on the short side, but I skipped so many quests and side dungeons I still have hours left to play not including collections and gargoyle shooting.

Gile's Farm + End Game Spoiled:
    Spoiler:

edited October 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    So last night I went to bloodstone, bought a house so I could sleep with a hooker which was cool, (okay mostly I needed somewhere to sleep so I could buy stuff from the stores during the day). Wake up the next day, my crazy ass wife shows up.

Since i'm basically a saint on this character, any way to get rid of this 'family' without killing them? Or should I just kill them and atone for it later?

Have her follow you into an area with enemies and let them get killed. Problem solved.

edited October 2008
    RedDawn wrote: »

Have her follow you into an area with enemies and let them get killed. Problem solved.

God that sounds so fucked up.

First night I was playing there was a quest some dead ghost wanted me to complete, harmless right?
    Spoiler:

edited October 2008
    Ohhh yeah totally forgot to ask, how the hell do you buy furniture? There is a furniture store in Bowerstone Market, but the dumb bitch only sells a single book?

I want to pimp out mah' manor.

edited October 2008
    Ohhh yeah totally forgot to ask, how the hell do you buy furniture? There is a furniture store in Bowerstone Market, but the dumb bitch only sells a single book?

I want to pimp out mah' manor.

Murder time.

Also, it seemed to restock for my wife when I went local co-op with her. Don't know if that was coincidence or...
    Spoiler:

K9Violator.png
    edited October 2008
    So murder my wife and children who follow me around, and murder the furniture bitch who doesn't own any furniture.

I'm starting to see a pattern here.

edited October 2008
    'What do you mean we're out of milk?! I know how to fix this..'

*pulls out pistol*

Murder, is there anything it can't solve?

Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    edited October 2008
    Don't murder her, just let her get killed. It won't effect your alignment. I noticed with the furniture she hardly ever had any. Try sleeping for 7 days and going back.

edited October 2008
    Don't murder her, just let her get killed. It won't effect your alignment. I noticed with the furniture she hardly ever had any. Try sleeping for 7 days and going back.

She's just had the book since I started playing the game, never anything else.

I think I need to end her.

edited October 2008

She's just had the book since I started playing the game, never anything else.

I think I need to end her.

Release your anger. Only your hatred can [strike]destroy me[/strike] get you a new bed.

K9Violator.png
  • UltrachristUltrachrist Registered User
    edited October 2008
    I think the bowerstone book store is bugged. Go to the one in bloodstone.

ultrachrist2.png
  • muninnmuninn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Silpheed wrote: »
    So how do I perform the insta-reload then?

Press Y when you hear the reloading click. It is in the lvl3 brutal styles.

edited October 2008
    Furniture store
    Dexterous styles

K9Violator.png
    edited October 2008
    Italics

Am I doing this right?

• JulesJules Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Hi, I'd like to know roughly how long the main questline is. A friend of mine bought Fable II on friday and finished it yesterday. He doesn't play games fast at all so that tells me it's probably 5-6 hours, he couldn't tell how long he had played either.

If you finish this game in 6 hours, you aren't doing nearly enough farting, drinking, and philandering with the local ladies.

(USER WAS INFRACTED FOR THIS POST)
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

A making of DVD.

Where does it say pub games are free? I noticed codes on the dev site, but that's not like a flat out free thing, it's a handful of freebees.

Also is there any real way for them to tell if you got the LE or not in that signup? Because uh...

Steam.gif Galedrid - WoW.gif Benediction - bnet.gif Galedrid#1367
    Origin.png Galedrid - FFXI.png Kingshand - FFXIV.png Galedrid Kingshand
    360.png Galedrid - WiiU.gif Galedrid - 3DS.png 3222-6858-1045
  • Ghandi 2Ghandi 2 Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Is there any way to avoid/fix the red eyes glitch in Shadow Court?

Is there an easier way to gain purity besides eating hundreds of vegetables?

I don't know what the banshees say if you were perfect, but as a good character who accidentally got divorced twice because I apparently wasn't visiting enough, ow. Her happiness bar was at 75%, WTF!

• BelruelBelruel naw Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    darleysam wrote: »
    If there is onw downfall to worshipping shadows and darkness, it is that we must take our tea without milk

haha yea, that's one of the loading screen texts, one of the funniest ones to me

3DS friendcode: 2380-4618-2503
    edited October 2008
    Yeah kinda regretting buying the LE version now. Oh well, what can you do.

Overall the game has been eating up most of my time, I just got RA3 and haven't really done anything with it other than make sure it works.

edited October 2008
    Ghandi 2 wrote: »

I don't know what the banshees say if you were perfect, but as a good character who accidentally got divorced twice because I apparently wasn't visiting enough, ow. Her happiness bar was at 75%, WTF!

Buy out the Gypsy camp and set all the rent to 0.

• KwornKworn Registered User
    edited October 2008
    So what happens to your kid when you lose them to child seervices?

• Ghandi 2Ghandi 2 Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Ghandi 2 wrote: »

Buy out the Gypsy camp and set all the rent to 0.
    That's a good idea, thanks. I thought it went back after you put the rent back to normal, but I guess not.

Nobody knows anything about the Shadow Court? I don't want red eyes of rape. :( Oh the Lionhead forums are telling me that's the intended consequence, whoops. Someone here said it was a glitch.

• FyreWulffFyreWulff Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    I think it's intended, because it happens to everyone from what I can tell.

It'll eventually return your eyes as you gain more purity/good.

edited October 2008
    Belruel wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »

haha yea, that's one of the loading screen texts, one of the funniest ones to me

That and the one about the Hero killing Jack of Blades and the Guildmaster too, leaving 'your health is low' engraved on his head (or something like that). I only got to read the full thing when Fyre posted it in the last thread, but it was genius.

• The Cow KingThe Cow King arf arf Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

The main questline is not very long at all, and if you stick to it you'll finish the game pretty fast. On the other hand, the main quest isn't really the point of Fable II... it's that you can just spend hours and hours screwing around and just enjoy the world and all there is to do in it.

I easily logged about 30 hours of playtime before finishing it myself, and now I'm playing through it again, because things are different as a char of opposite alignment and gender. :D

So I don't think I'm ever going to ever beat fable.

When I last played (I barely have any time) I spent 2 hours gambling ALL my money away.

I love you Fable. Now I got to really start that Abbot quest! :O. Also the god damn Town Crier wants me to marry him, I don't mind that he loves me but he follows me every where I hit him in the face with a crossbow and he still wants a god damn ring. Jerk.

8qdrRTu.png
  • HaikiraHaikira Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    My fable 2 is glitched out, the screen is almost completely red. I've restarted the console, and its still there. Its only fable 2, the xbox guide is uneffected. Its from the very start of the game too, even the logos are all bugged out.

This really sucks....

Anyone else had this problem?

steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
This discussion has been closed.