As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blurry motion in games

JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Recently my hard drive died, so I had to replace it/reinstall the OS etc. I've installed the newest nvidia drivers, however whenever I play a game now the motion is very blurry. Its like ghosting on older LCDs.

I know the problem is not due the monitor or the graphics card, because both are the same as what I was using before, so I'm guessing the problem lies with the driver or my settings. I'm using 180.43 at the moment, but I tried an earlier non beta version as well. I've tried Vsync on and off, triple buffering on/off and a few other settings but its always there. Its happening in all the games I've tried.

My specs
Vista 64
8800GTS (640MB)
Driver version 180.43
22" monitor, running at 1680x1050

Really frustrating since my hardware and software are exactly the same as it was before but now my games look terrible :(

JohnDoe on

• Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I wouldn't usually suspect the hard drive to be able to have an effect over this sort of thing, but is it possible you went from a 10,000rpm or 7,200rpm down to a lower speed hard drive? Someone else will have to confirm if this could possibly cause this effect but it's something to think about while you wait for someone who might be able to help you better.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    JohnDoe wrote: »
    Recently my hard drive died, so I had to replace it/reinstall the OS etc. I've installed the newest nvidia drivers, however whenever I play a game now the motion is very blurry. Its like ghosting on older LCDs.

I know the problem is not due the monitor or the graphics card, because both are the same as what I was using before, so I'm guessing the problem lies with the driver or my settings. I'm using 180.43 at the moment, but I tried an earlier non beta version as well. I've tried Vsync on and off, triple buffering on/off and a few other settings but its always there. Its happening in all the games I've tried.

My specs
    Vista 64
    8800GTS (640MB)
    Driver version 180.43
    22" monitor, running at 1680x1050

Really frustrating since my hardware and software are exactly the same as it was before but now my games look terrible :(

I know you said old LCDs but do you have an LCD? It may be biting the dust.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Also, what games are you noticing it in? Warhammer Online perhaps?

Edit:
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=21993&hl=1440x900

This might solve it for you.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me