As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OkCupid: The Online Dating

• Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    well now that I know I'm the only non-organ donor in the world

OK, I'm going to level with you.

I might need your organs some day.

I plan on making my grandfathers killer casserole one day and it has some rather eccentric ingredients.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    mully wrote: »
    also yes, NaC, we three should skype some evening

i am terrified to find out how much that 1h+ call cost you

I'll let you know when I find out.

Hell, I might be able to figure it out right now.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I really think posthumous organ donation should be required by law. I can't think of any downside to it.

Your organs are filled with hate which proceeds to infect whoever they're donated to, until that person fulfills your dying wish of revenge against those who sent you to the electric chair.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

What will you do to prevent grave robbers?

Rinder on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I really think posthumous organ donation should be required by law. I can't think of any downside to it.

I would bet money that this would conflict with the beliefs of many religions

redhead on
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Rinder wrote: »

What will you do to prevent grave robbers?

give them duller shovels

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Shankusu wrote: »
    Fiz wrote: »
    hey guys

I'm 18, is smoking still cool or is it sad yet

if I go out to smoke, I run into a girl

if I stay in I get fidgety and cabin fever

hmmm cancer, no cancer

Shank, I don't want you to smoke :(

If this is Kusu you might as well I don't really give a fuck

I barely do these days

but man, I am cooped up and going insane and if I just go walking then I'll look like a total stalker when really I just need to fucking get out

You could just tell that girl that you're trying to give up smoking because it makes her taste like a stupid whore

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    vsove wrote: »

Your organs are filled with hate which proceeds to infect whoever they're donated to, until that person fulfills your dying wish of revenge against those who sent you to the electric chair.
    Does this apply to hair?

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    redhead wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    Sami wrote: »
    is it selfish I am not an organ donor (in relation to motorcycles being organ mills)

I mean these are mine

I want to leave with what I came with

Why? What value does having all of your organs when you're being buried/cremated/fertilizing a tree have?

they're mine!

and I'm paranoid enough to believe they wouldn't save me if little Timmy needed a kidney

yes I am crazy

See I have no problem with people saying, no I don't want to have anyone harvest my organs.

I just think it's a bit hypocritical when they will quite happily receive a kidney or whatever when they are sick.

how is that at all hypocritical

seriously, not seeing it

maybe if they were saying "I don't think anyone should donate organs ever" then yes they would be a hypocrite

but no one says that. they say "I do not want to donate my organs." you could call them selfish if you really wanted to make an issue of it, but you can't really call them hypocrites

If you are willing to accept someone's organs yet not donate yours you are being selfish and a hypocrite. You are basically saying it's alright for them to save a life, but not you.

Blake T on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    blood donors are what gave my dad hepatitis

thanks a lot, assholes

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

If I dead I can't really complain about what they do to my body so I could see this being a net positive thing. Make organ-donation an opt-out thing rather than opt-in. Would probably increase the amount of good organs floating about for use.

Junpei on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

well obviously if its against their religion, that comes first. but religion out of the way? free organs for all!

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    ShankusuShankusu __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    hey guys

I'm 18, is smoking still cool or is it sad yet

if I go out to smoke, I run into a girl

if I stay in I get fidgety and cabin fever

hmmm cancer, no cancer

Shank, I don't want you to smoke :(

If this is Kusu you might as well I don't really give a fuck

I barely do these days

but man, I am cooped up and going insane and if I just go walking then I'll look like a total stalker when really I just need to fucking get out

You could just tell that girl that you're trying to give up smoking because it makes her taste like a stupid whore

cold

like ice

cool to the touch and it wasn't very nice when she left you

alone

Shankusu on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I would bet money that I don't give a shit about those religions because they're probably wacky.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    BYToady wrote: »
    When the dead rise again, and go through three Romero movie cycles, they'll be intelligent enough that they'll have a crude barter system. Non-organ donors will have a leg up on the other zombies, as they'll be able to trade their own organs like cartons of cigarettes in prison.

this is a fucking fantastic idea

i am writing it down so i can make a story from it

Sad zombie beggars, their mournful moans echoing through sewer tunnels as they stare forever at their "I'm a donor!" cards.

i am humping your idea

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Does this apply to hair?

Especially hair.

Did you know hair transplants bring joy and meaning to hundreds of bald people every year?

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Also Sara you should watch the movie John Q if you haven't.

Rinder on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    is it selfish I am not an organ donor (in relation to motorcycles being organ mills)

I mean these are mine

Why? What value does having all of your organs when you're being buried/cremated/fertilizing a tree have?

they're mine!

and I'm paranoid enough to believe they wouldn't save me if little Timmy needed a kidney

yes I am crazy

See I have no problem with people saying, no I don't want to have anyone harvest my organs.

I just think it's a bit hypocritical when they will quite happily receive a kidney or whatever when they are sick.

seriously, not seeing it

maybe if they were saying "I don't think anyone should donate organs ever" then yes they would be a hypocrite

but no one says that. they say "I do not want to donate my organs." you could call them selfish if you really wanted to make an issue of it, but you can't really call them hypocrites

If you are willing to accept someone's organs yet not donate yours you are being selfish and a hypocrite. You are basically saying it's alright for them to save a life, but not you.

What if after you get the organ, you relent, but only for the donated organ? Then you can just say you're borrowing it.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Does this apply to hair?

Especially hair.

Did you know hair transplants bring joy and meaning to hundreds of bald people every year?
    I was making an obscure Simpsons reference. You obviously didn't pick up on it. Shame on you.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Does this apply to hair?

Especially hair.

I was making an obscure Simpsons reference. You obviously didn't pick up on it. Shame on you.

I did pick up on it, but I couldn't remember any quotes from that episode.

Except 'Don't forget Bart Simpson!'

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I mean these are mine

they're mine!

yes I am crazy

seriously, not seeing it

that's still not hypocrisy. hypocrisy means "[SIZE=-1]pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have." the belief "I don't want anyone to take my organs after I die" isn't contradicted in any way by accepting someone else's organs. the belief "I think organ donation is always wrong" would be, but again, that's not what non-organ donors would ever say. [/SIZE]

redhead on
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Maybe you could simply "rent" the organ. Security deposit and so forth.

Junpei on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    unf unf unf

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    When the dead rise again, and go through three Romero movie cycles, they'll be intelligent enough that they'll have a crude barter system. Non-organ donors will have a leg up on the other zombies, as they'll be able to trade their own organs like cartons of cigarettes in prison.

this is a fucking fantastic idea

i am writing it down so i can make a story from it

Sad zombie beggars, their mournful moans echoing through sewer tunnels as they stare forever at their "I'm a donor!" cards.

i am humping your idea

Do zombies have tears?

That poor zombie that donated his stomach will probably curse his shriveled and rotten tear ducts as he swallows the same chewed piece of brain, over and over again.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Teh ErickaTeh Ericka Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm pretty sure I'm ready to take it to the next level with Bendery.

like, AIM or something.

Teh Ericka on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    i do not donate blood

only drain from the system

Kovak on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hey Butters, You have your answer.

Rinder on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Teh Ericka wrote: »

like, AIM or something.

hahahaha this is awful

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    McCly wrote: »
    Orik - I know that I look awfully dour in most of those pictures, but here are some where I'm jolly
    IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

borfase.png

What is that jacket in the second picture?

Part of a costume from a show I did
    IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0240.jpg

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I mean these are mine

they're mine!

yes I am crazy

seriously, not seeing it

that's still not hypocrisy. hypocrisy means "[SIZE=-1]pretending to have qualities or beliefs that you do not really have." the belief "I don't want anyone to take my organs after I die" isn't contradicted in any way by accepting someone else's organs. the belief "I think organ donation is always wrong" would be, but again, that's not what non-organ donors would ever say. [/SIZE]

You are missing the point.

I have no problem if you don't want to donate your body to other people. Your body your temple and all that shit.

It's incredibly hypocritical however to refuse to donate organs yet receive someone else's. That is saying one thing and doing another.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    fiz did you sashay towards the mirror, taking pictures as you went

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    That is almost garish enough to be a Liberace costume.

Rinder on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I mean these are mine

they're mine!

yes I am crazy

seriously, not seeing it

You are missing the point.

I have no problem if you don't want to donate your body to other people. Your body your temple and all that shit.

It's incredibly hypocritical however to refuse to donate organs yet receive someone else's. That is saying one thing and doing another.

can you point out how that fits the definition of hypocrisy? I really can't see this at all. what is the professed belief here that is being contradicted by the action of willingly receiving an organ donation? as far as I can tell, the only belief necessary to refuse organ donation is "I want to keep my organs." that's not contradicted in any way by the action of receiving someone else's organs. you keep saying it's hypocritical. how?

redhead on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Teh Ericka and tehcoolryan need to hook up one of these days.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Did any of you get AIDS yet?

Can you really say you've gotten it if you never get tested?

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Teh Ericka wrote: »

like, AIM or something.

Goddammit you.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Fiz, you look very British.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    fiz did you sashay towards the mirror, taking pictures as you went

I want to say no

But when you wear jackets like that they have this amazing feel

And that one is a custom fit for me so it was orgasmic

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Butters wrote: »
    Teh Ericka and tehcoolryan need to hook up one of these days.

they are meant for each other.

<3 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Did any of you get AIDS yet?
    I hear the internet gives you herpes.

Hacksaw on
This discussion has been closed.