As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Sims 2: Glossolalia Edition (Tycho House Page 15!)

15678911»

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hey sorry for the massive necro post guys but I just reinstalled Sims 2 to dick around in the University just a bit more...

I kinda recall that it supported widescreen resolutions. Am I wrong? Is there like some option to tweak it because god dammit, I want to play in 1680x1050 and it seems like for whatever reason, that is not an option. >_>;
    i was actually wondering this too

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Cloudman wrote: »
    Hey sorry for the massive necro post guys but I just reinstalled Sims 2 to dick around in the University just a bit more...

I kinda recall that it supported widescreen resolutions. Am I wrong? Is there like some option to tweak it because god dammit, I want to play in 1680x1050 and it seems like for whatever reason, that is not an option. >_>;
    i was actually wondering this too

Okay so a bit of an update.

I called EA's tech support, apparently since the Sims 2 engine was designed around like, 2001, 2002, it's fucking terrible. I didn't even know that it does not support dual core processors NOR Widescreen resolutions like 1680x1050. There are a few hacks and edits that can be made but with sketchy results.

Oh and I just noticed some small graphics glitches. Seems my 280gtx is a bit too beefy for it to load some stuff. All my vampires for example have regular skin tones and sometimes sims look like they are shivering. (Not an actual animation, its just that their model is being moved back and fourth like 1 inch where they are standing or sitting or whatever so they look all shakey...

Fuck this sucks. =/

Lucky Cynic on