As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

One Man's [chit] is another Man's [CHAT]

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nocturne wrote: »
    So gamestop left an automated message about the midnight release that also added "Feel free to dress up as your favorite character!"

That alone makes me consider getting it tomorrow instead.
    I would go as Hogger. Do you think walmart has it at midnight? When guitar hero 2 came out, I just waltzed in and bought one undisturbed. It was wonderful.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    So gamestop left an automated message about the midnight release that also added "Feel free to dress up as your favorite character!"

But then you won't be able to grab youtube gold for yourself.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Also lupus is a hard-as-fuck condition to diagnose and is more a name for a series of symptoms (all autoimmune) than it is some recognizable disease.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Yes, there is a costume contest in all locations everywhere.

And since no one has answered my question regarding preorders I think I will just get it tomorrow if that is possible.

James on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sami the Avett brothers did a concert here.

their concerts are INSANE

I knowwwwww I want to go so badly :(

Sami on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Damn. Country music sucks. Where's Steve Earle when you need him.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Yeah, our Gamestop is opening 2 hours before midnight to do a little party thing, and my roommate wants to go early to hang out. I'm basically going to lie to him and tell him I'm doing homework so I don't have to go till midnight. I'm scared people will actually dress up, and then I'll be forced to hurt myself or others as a consequence.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    One day you're going to get in your car and it's going to blow up. Or, if that isn't appropriate, maybe you'll have a syringe of something toxic inserted into your neck while using the restroom at a local restaurant. Whatever it is, it'll come.

For by wise counsel thou shalt wage thy war

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »

Yeah, our Gamestop is opening 2 hours before midnight to do a little party thing, and my roommate wants to go early to hang out. I'm basically going to lie to him and tell him I'm doing homework so I don't have to go till midnight. I'm scared people will actually dress up, and then I'll be forced to hurt myself or others as a consequence.
    Why don't you just tell him that you don't want to go until midnight instead of being passive?

• Options
    edited November 2008
    It would be funny to see Alliance and Horde players yell at each other, though.

So Nocturne what server are you on?

James on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I would go as Hogger. Do you think walmart has it at midnight? When guitar hero 2 came out, I just waltzed in and bought one undisturbed. It was wonderful.

Well, given that most (all?) Wal-Mart's are 24 hour establishments, you could just go in at midnight and ask at the electronics desk if you can't find it on a shelf.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Qualify that statement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbkBp04ykQg&feature=related

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    James wrote: »
    It would be funny to see Alliance and Horde players yell at each other, though.

So Nocturne what server are you on?

Going to be playing my 70 Alliance Rogue on Eldre'Thalas (just transferred there from Ursin with the rest of my siblings/friends).

I also have a 70 Horde Warlock on Akama which I might have to fuck around with as well from time to time.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    The Left 4 Dead thread in G&T will see to my demise.
    Medopine wrote: »
    AEGIS GET WRITING

YEAH LET'S GO MOFO.

I will I will. I actually have pages written out by hand that I just haven't typed yet.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Why don't you just tell him that you don't want to go until midnight instead of being passive?

Ehhhhh...I don't know... My roommate and I get along, but only because I essentially never call him on being a goddamned moron. I'm afraid to upset that balance. Also, when I did tell him I wasn't planning on going at 10, he apparently just ignored me, because the next day he was telling buddies about how he was gonna be there at 10. So, if he asks to go early, I'm just gonna lie instead of risking getting into it with him about it.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Blech. Look man, firemen and the like are certainly brave and dutiful and strong and due respect for the things they do, but crunchy music still blows.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Paaaaassssiiiiive. :P

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Organichu wrote: »
    I've watched the final rap battles of 8 Mile over and over again during the last hour.

Man...

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    It's a song about jumping into your own pyre shut up it's beautiful.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Guys with a typical broadband connection, do Hulu videos stream more quickly than they play? Like, other than the initial few moments to buffer, will I have any buffer breaks? My uncle is, as usual, torrenting illegally, uploading at over 100kbps, making it so I can't play on Xbox Live.

So I'm just wondering if these pauses (it stopped to buffer maybe 15 times in a 21 minute episode) are typical or if it's him messing things up.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Hulu works absolutely perfectly on my wi-fi connection.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Qualify that statement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seRPJGcUs8A

Fixed that for you.

Sami on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

If I didn't have to live with him he and I would probably beat the shit out of each other. He got g-kicked in WoW for excessive forum trolling. I don't know if you're familiar with the WoW forums but they are to us what darkness is to light. So he got booted from his guild for trolling on a forum that is like 80% trollery. Then he bitched about it for a day. He's like "I wasn't trolling." Then when I called shens, he's like, "Well, they still shouldn't have g-kicked me for it."

Makes me wanna slap him.

Also, he didn't vote, if he would have he'd have apparently voted McCain. So 2 more strikes there.

And he owns a book written by Sean Hannity. I'm surprised he keeps it above his computer, one would assume the pure bile would leak out occasionally and burn through his belongings like acid.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

If I didn't have to live with him he and I would probably beat the shit out of each other. He got g-kicked in WoW for excessive forum trolling. I don't know if you're familiar with the WoW forums but they are to us what darkness is to light. So he got booted from his guild for trolling on a forum that is like 80% trollery. Then he bitched about it for a day. He's like "I wasn't trolling." Then when I called shens, he's like, "Well, they still shouldn't have g-kicked me for it."

Makes me wanna slap him.

Also, he didn't vote, if he would have he'd have apparently voted McCain. So 2 more strikes there.

And he owns a book written by Sean Hannity. I'm surprised he keeps it above his computer, one would assume the pure bile would leak out occasionally and burn through his belongings like acid.
    Yeah, I know the darkness that is the WoW forums.

• Options
    edited November 2008
    Actually here's real country (mind you mixed with some Rolling Stones).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Av--dK3Gw

themightypuck on
    ― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    edited November 2008
    Organichu wrote: »
    Guys with a typical broadband connection, do Hulu videos stream more quickly than they play? Like, other than the initial few moments to buffer, will I have any buffer breaks? My uncle is, as usual, torrenting illegally, uploading at over 100kbps, making it so I can't play on Xbox Live.

So I'm just wondering if these pauses (it stopped to buffer maybe 15 times in a 21 minute episode) are typical or if it's him messing things up.

He's fucking it up. A good connection should experience no buffer breaks. Additionally, in my experience, Hulu doesn't stream in quite the same way YouTube does. That is, pausing the video and waiting doesn't allow the video to download, thus ensuring playback.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    BRB KTHXLOLBAI G2G WOTLK OMG!!!!!

• Options
    edited November 2008
    BRB KTHXLOLBAI G2G WOTLK OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!1111oneeleven

Fixed.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    BRB KTHXLOLBAI G2G WOTLK OMG!!!!!

You play too?

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Damnit. Well thanks for letting me know, guys.

I really need to get a router that supports a third party firmware so I can clamp down on his ridiculous usage (especially considering I pay the internet bill).

Organichu on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I just hope to God you wowtards are too busy playing WOTLK tommorow to actually..you know...talk about it.

And I mean that in the nicest way.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Ludious wrote: »
    I just hope to God you wowtards are too busy playing WOTLK tommorow to actually..you know...talk about it.

Oh, thank god you said that, I was about to take offense.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I hope you're too busy doing whatever it is you do to actually talk about it.

I mean that in the meanest possible way.

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Weak, James. Let's try:

I hope you're too busy delivering meandering lectures to other people about how how to build computers to yammer at us regarding WOTLK [chat].

And I mean that exactly like it sounds.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    I'm watching the Office (American) for the first time. It's hilarious.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    But what if I want to ensure he takes it in a mean way? Maybe not the meanest way, but meaner?

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Elki wrote: »

:o

:D

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Elki wrote: »

Steve Carell. He's just great.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Weak, James. Let's try:

I hope you're too busy delivering meandering lectures to other people about how how to build computers to yammer at us regarding WOTLK [chat].

And I mean that exactly like it sounds.

Wow you had to reach back for that one didn't you? Kudos. Seriously that was astounding. Top notch, old chap.

I didn't mean it nearly as harshly as you took it, I can just see myself growing weary of the wowtalk tommorow.

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.