As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Locked [Weeaboo] Thread

• ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    FCD wrote: »
    Man, Heavyarms is the best thing about Wing. It's Super Mega Chaingun Gundam. All it wants to do is shoot things dead and be awesome.
    Yeah, and Leopard perfected it so well, too. especially when it got it's Destroy upgrade.

Clawshrimpy on
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Doesn't help that the mechanical design of that show was pretty much Kunio Okawara masturbating onto paper, like Endless Waltz.
    DId you just compare GUNDAM X design to........Endless Waltz?

zengar6ma.jpg

A++ WOULD RAGE AGAIN
    He was responsible for all of those designs, and has been pretty much re-hashing F-91 with festive backpacks up until seed destiny.
    The Gundam X designs were incredible, though. a lot better than the shit we're put through today.
    I liked those designs better when it was called Mobile Suit Gundam.
    Gundam X is really the faithful retelling of UC that SEED failed to be.
    And what does that have to do with the shit-tacular designs in both shows?
    Gundam X has some of the best Gundam design ever and I will not hear anyone slander them. the Design of the Microwave System was a stroke of genius.
    Fair enough. I will not hear you talking out of your ass about something you've openly admitted to not watching and not liking to watch.
    Because only people who have been watching something to it's conclusion can talk about anything. that's incredibly elitist and retarded to me.

Yes, that would be elitist.

It's not unreasonable to except that someone should actually watch a show before criticizing it instead of making up complaints about things that don't exist though.

Slicer on
  • JouleJoule Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Slicer wrote: »
    Joule wrote: »
    I recall from another summary that the girls need carbon dioxide to live.

And they get it from kissing.

I'm down for a harem show if it's hilarious. Steel and aluminum cans having a war, what could go wrong with that kind of premise.

Yeah, it's another show that sounds so silly it's worth checking out.

Seems there's plenty of those types of shows coming out next season.

Indeed next season does seem have a few of those. Maria Holic:
    A love comedy about a cross dressing sadist boy and a girl with a lesbian fetish that takes place at an all-girls catholic school.

Oh the latest episode of Index was pretty good. I'm liking MISAKA quite a bit. Seriously send in the clones.

Joule on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Doesn't help that the mechanical design of that show was pretty much Kunio Okawara masturbating onto paper, like Endless Waltz.

zengar6ma.jpg

A++ WOULD RAGE AGAIN
    He was responsible for all of those designs, and has been pretty much re-hashing F-91 with festive backpacks up until seed destiny.
    The Gundam X designs were incredible, though. a lot better than the shit we're put through today.
    Gundam X has some of the best Gundam design ever and I will not hear anyone slander them. the Design of the Microwave System was a stroke of genius.
    X is just F91 with a tacky backpack, Leopard and Airmaster are heavyarms and wing rejects.

What more is there to say?
    F91 was a good design, too, as was Crossbone. Leopard and Airmaster were both great designs as well. Leopard was Heavyarms done BETTER.
    I'm not going to complain about F91 other than my backpack rant, but better than shit is still shit.

I'm not kidding when I say that the Endless Waltz redesigns were the best AU suits up until 00.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited December 2008

zengar6ma.jpg

A++ WOULD RAGE AGAIN
    Fair enough. I will not hear you talking out of your ass about something you've openly admitted to not watching and not liking to watch.
    Because only people who have been watching something to it's conclusion can talk about anything. that's incredibly elitist and retarded to me.

Yes, that would be elitist.

It's not unreasonable to except that someone should actually watch a show before criticizing it instead of making up complaints about things that don't exist though.
    I did watch it, though.

Clawshrimpy on
    edited December 2008

zengar6ma.jpg

A++ WOULD RAGE AGAIN
    X is just F91 with a tacky backpack, Leopard and Airmaster are heavyarms and wing rejects.

F91 was a good design, too, as was Crossbone. Leopard and Airmaster were both great designs as well. Leopard was Heavyarms done BETTER.
    I'm not going to complain about F91 other than my backpack rant, but better than shit is still shit.

I'm not kidding when I say that the Endless Waltz redesigns were the best AU suits up until 00.
    ....Wing is fucking terrible. X is damn close to being the best Gundam ever made.

Clawshrimpy on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

zengar6ma.jpg

A++ WOULD RAGE AGAIN

....Wing is fucking terrible. X is damn close to being the best Gundam ever made.
    Hi. Reading comprehension here. He was talking about the Endless Walts suit designs, not the show itself. Thanks for playing.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I like that Sanger is at the center of this huge-ass quote tree. It's very fitting.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

zengar6ma.jpg

A++ WOULD RAGE AGAIN

Wing is terrible, as is Endless Waltz, but the designs are worlds better than the pieces of fecal matter that Okawara shaped into giant robots for X.

Der Waffle Mous on
    edited December 2008

zengar6ma.jpg

A++ WOULD RAGE AGAIN

Hi. Reading comprehension here. He was talking about the Endless Walts suit designs, not the show itself. Thanks for playing.
    I meant design wise, too. X has some of the best suit design bar none.

Want some bad Gundam design from the 1990's? go watch Victory.

Clawshrimpy on
  • QuentinQuentin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've gone through to the other side, and I'm starting to think Clawshrimpy is brilliant.

Never have I seen such dedication to a troll persona.

Quentin on
    edited December 2008
    Quentin wrote: »
    I've gone through to the other side, and I'm starting to think Clawshrimpy is brilliant.

What did I say before about me not trolling/jokepoasting

Clawshrimpy on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Clawshrimpy is the Poe's Law of mech fandom.

Jragghen on
  • JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Jragghen wrote: »

How long has Shrimpy kept up his façade? Five years? More?

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Anyone got any more Basquash info?

I rarely venture out for different anime, but that trailer practically sold me on the idea.

I've got One Piece and Gurren Lagann down the pipe, and i'm wanting to add Basquach to my small lineup.

Godfather on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Jesuits wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »

How long has Shrimpy kept up his façade? Five years? More?

He truly is the ripened sock of the weaboo thread.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    edited December 2008
    I just don't see how anyone could hate X designs. Sure, the Double X was top heavy, but there was still the normal GX and the GX Divider earlier in the series, and the Airmaster and Leopard are just awesome.

Clawshrimpy on
    edited December 2008
    This just in: taste is subjective.

More at 11, and again at 12.

Slicer on
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    How can you declare Wing's mechanical design terrible and X's the best ever when they're by the same person and obviously a step removed?

Lasbrook on
    edited December 2008
    Why do we gotta worry about mech designs so much anyhow.

I just want to see giant robots fighting each other and maybe have some personal and political drama on the side so the fighting doesn't get too tedious.

Is that so wrong

Slicer on
    edited December 2008
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    How can you declare Wing's mechanical design terrible and X's the best ever when they're by the same person and obviously a step removed?
    Especially when the same person did SEED and DESTINY.

Der Waffle Mous on
    edited December 2008
    The guy decided to not take his stupid pills and came up with some honestly, well done and beauutiful designs. even a guy with a bad track record can come up with some genuine good stuff.

Clawshrimpy on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    toradora 10
    That girl does one change to her swimsuit (a step removed) that makes a big difference in opinions

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The guy decided to not take his stupid pills and came up with some honestly, well done and beauutiful designs. even a guy with a bad track record can come up with some genuine good stuff.

Even the ones stolen and retooled from Wing?

Lasbrook on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Okay. okay. Wing had two things going for it: Mechanical design and Music.

...Damn. That really wants me to go get the soundtracks. It's been years since I've heard Wing's ost.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Okay. okay. Wing had two things going for it: Mechanical design and Music.

...Damn. That really wants me to go get the soundtracks. It's been years since I've heard Wing's ost.

It had a couple of really good moments.

It just didn't make up for the blandness.

I will also go with X having some good designs but a lot of them really aren't anything special or are just semi-retool of UC designs, which makes sense given the setting but visually isn't very interesting. The X itself is basically a Wing Zero recolor.

Furu on
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    toradora 10
    That girl does one change to her swimsuit (a step removed) that makes a big difference in opinions
    sooo.... gundam x is gundam wing with falsies? yeah, that sounds about right.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
    edited December 2008
    redx wrote: »
    toradora 10

toradora 10
    Watch at 6:45She's talking about how her swimsuit can change.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited December 2008
    toradora 10

toradora 10

See the thing with that example is no matter how she wears it people's reactions aren't going to go from terrible to beautiful like Clawshrimpy's of Wing and X they're going to go from dammmn to DAAAMMMNNN.

Lasbrook on
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    toradora 10

toradora 10

I'm apparently blind and didn't see the 10 the first time around. I was thinking about an earlier episode.

damn, there's a lot of swimsuits in that show.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    HEY PIKAPUFF DON'T CLICK THIS IT WILL FOREVER RUIN TORADORA FOR YOU
    majorspoiler.jpg

I would go so far as to say that this spoiler is major

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited December 2008
    [strike]-.[/strike]_ [strike]-.[/strike]

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Jesuits wrote: »
    HEY PIKAPUFF DON'T CLICK THIS IT WILL FOREVER RUIN TORADORA FOR YOU
    majorspoiler.jpg

I would go so far as to say that this spoiler is major

No, that spoiler is clearly only a captain.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Keidrych wrote: »
    While we're talking about Gundam, what would be a good series for a person who has never really watched it before?

08th MS Team

It is the best.

08th is fantastic, much like clawshrimpy. His posts contain a great deal of enthusiasm and his sense of moral rectitude and righteousness is very appealing.

As a total gundam outsider, these gundam arguments only serve to amuse me, really.

Now, Pikapuff, let us discuss how we were aroused by the most recent episode of toradora.

Now, Godfather/Jragghen, let us discuss how One Piece has been an inspirational model for our very lives.

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
    edited December 2008
    I can't remember. Was I aroused anywhere? Other than the OP I mentioned earlier? This one was more emotional than lustful for me. Not much lust at all for the two shows, actually (TD and Kannagi). They're mostly holycrapadorable hughughughughug kawaii lawls.

TD 10
    Like I mentioned before, it was frustrating that Minorin is shooting him down, and he's shooting that other girl down. It's like holy crap someone get together already. But then the show would end that way, and the whole reason to watch is because no one's together. [strike]gah[/strike] gau.

My short term memory, I've forgotten the good stuff. Oooh. TD 8
    I was all emotional with how Taiga was at the end there.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I can't remember. Was I aroused anywhere? Other thant he OP I mentioned earlier? This one was more emotional than lustful for me.

TD 10
    Like I mentioned before, it was frustrating that Minorin is shooting him down, and he's shooting that other girl down. It's like holy crap someone get together already. But then the show would end that way, and the whole reason to watch is because no one's together. [strike]gah[/strike] gau.

I have reason to suspect that anime romantic comedies were conceived purely to reassure otaku that their crushes normally wouldn't develop into a relationship no matter how great they were.

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
    edited December 2008
    It would be nice if Toradora decided to surprise everyone and have Ryuuji end up with someone besides Taiga (this is speculation of course but really now, it's obvious what will happen).

Sure as hell ain't happening though.
    Ergandar wrote: »
    I can't remember. Was I aroused anywhere? Other thant he OP I mentioned earlier? This one was more emotional than lustful for me.

TD 10

I have reason to suspect that anime romantic comedies were conceived purely to reassure otaku that their crushes normally wouldn't develop into a relationship no matter how great they were.

Thanks to these shows we have also learned that any girl who takes the initiative towards a guy will never end up with said guy.

Slicer on
    edited December 2008
    they might do the end up with no one/still deciding situation. ugh.

and dammit, my nerdy self was hit hard when a good point was brought up in TD 10
    that one girl all "you can't be with her BECAUSE you adore her so much." all like you can't hit her you act differently near her and etc etc etc. gah. it's true but i want to deny that so hard.

the same topic was brought up in xkcd. not that point, exactly, but the point that you should end up someone you feel natural with
    friends.png

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited December 2008
    My guess is we won't get a satisfying ending and we will have to wait for a season 2.

I'd love to be wrong, though.

Slicer on
    edited December 2008
    oh god no. one season for lovedovey crap, thanks. i don't need a power creep in love.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
This discussion has been closed.