As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

lame super powers

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The power to release a mild sedative. Enough to knock out a room full of kindergardeners, but not enough to effect a person who drank a cup of decaf that day.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    SnoogySnoogy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Turning into a pony when you get angry.

I don't think anyone could want to be a hulk-pony.

Snoogy on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I don't know about that. Ponies can still kick you in the teeth pretty good. And you'll never see it coming because it's like, "Oh hey, a pony is coming over here. Perhaps it will sidle up alongside me, and I can feed it this carrot and stalk of celery. That sure would be- OH GAWH MUH TEENF!*"

*Oh God my teeth!

Munch on
  • Options
    SnoogySnoogy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    hulk-chinchila?

Snoogy on
  • Options
    gredavingredavin Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    X-Ray Vision.

All

The

Time

gredavin on
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    1) The power to turn your feet into cheese. Not even GOOD cheese.

2) The power to fire spaghetti from your fingertips.

3) The power of immortality, but you're CONSTANTLY suffering from illnesses or other ailments that would otherwise kill you.

4) The ability to smell brainfarts.

5) The ability to turn blue paper...int YELLOW paper.

Inx on
  • Options
    mcwillipmcwillip Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Inx wrote:

cooked or uncooked?

mcwillip on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    mcwillip wrote:
    Inx wrote:

cooked or uncooked?

I dunno. A friend of mine made that one up, but I think I remember him saying it was cooked - that way its COMPLETELY useless in combat.

Inx on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Inx wrote:
    mcwillip wrote:
    Inx wrote:

cooked or uncooked?

I dunno. A friend of mine made that one up, but I think I remember him saying it was cooked - that way its COMPLETELY useless in combat.

No he didn't, Dane Cook did.

I'm not calling YOU the liar. I'm calling your FRIEND the liar.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Inx wrote:
    mcwillip wrote:
    Inx wrote:

cooked or uncooked?

No he didn't, Dane Cook did.

I'm not calling YOU the liar. I'm calling your FRIEND the liar.

Well, technically he never claimed ownership, I just assumed.

He IS a Dane Cook fan.

Inx on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Inx wrote:
    mcwillip wrote:
    Inx wrote:

cooked or uncooked?

I don't know if it would be completely useless in combat. I mean, it would make the floor slippery and hard to stand on.
    My question is, would he be capable of dispensing marinara sauce and/or parmesean cheese from any of his many orifici?

see317 on
  • Options
    MadJackMadJack Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I know this is from the guy screaming about a Scottish man shooting projectile diarrhea and beating people up with a massive wang but seriously I don’t want to hear about marinara coming out of any orifice

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    see317 wrote:
    Inx wrote:
    mcwillip wrote:
    Inx wrote:

cooked or uncooked?

I don't know if it would be completely useless in combat. I mean, it would make the floor slippery and hard to stand on.
    My question is, would he be capable of dispensing marinara sauce and/or parmesean cheese from any of his many orifici?

No, but if he had a female sidekick, I think I know where the marinara might...er...'flow' from.

Inx on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Wow.
    That went downhill faster then I thought humanly possible.
    And it's at least partially my fault.

To make amends, here's an awesome super power:
    20060608.gif

see317 on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    see317 wrote:
    Everything you touch turns to sandpaper.

Underwear would be so uncomfortable.

Sex would be so akward
    But wouldn't you end up just fucking a sandpaper doll anyway?
    I don't know what your personal fetish is, but I can't imagine anyone going in for that kind of action.

ACE!!!!

Inx on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Malkor wrote:
    The power to release a mild sedative. Enough to knock out a room full of kindergardeners, but not enough to effect a person who drank a cup of decaf that day.

That was actually a character in this x-men novel I read where Magneto swipes the Sentinels and takes over NYC as a haven for mutants. There was one mutant who could make people kinda sorta sleepy. IIRC, Cargill broke her neck like a toothpick.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    ihopiusihopius Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The power of exact change.

If you shove your hand blindly into a purse or pocket, you can pull out the exact change you need to complete a purchase. The power doesn't create change, so if you don't have enough you will pull out all the change you currently have. It also does work with bills, only coins. It only works when you are purchasing something, though you can handle change normally at other times.

ihopius on
  • Options
    mcwillipmcwillip Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ihopius wrote:

If you shove your hand blindly into a purse or pocket, you can pull out the exact change you need to complete a purchase. The power doesn't create change, so if you don't have enough you will pull out all the change you currently have. It also does work with bills, only coins. It only works when you are purchasing something, though you can handle change normally at other times.

dude, seriously, that is the most awesome low-key power ever.

i hate change(the coins, not the process).

mcwillip on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    ihopius wrote:

untitledkq0.jpg

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    What the fuck is Titania doing there?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Has anyone mentioned the power to look roughly like a bird, enough to render you hideous but too little to give you any aviary advantages?

Because that's right up there.

Bob The Monkey on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Has anyone mentioned the power to look roughly like a bird, enough to render you hideous but too little to give you any aviary advantages?

BUT your descendents are full of win.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited December 2006

I think it's been done...
    250px-Chickenlady.jpg

see317 on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited December 2006
    What the fuck is Titania doing there?

She's married to the Absorbing Man.

Whippy on
  • Options
    ihopiusihopius Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    mcwillip wrote:
    dude, seriously, that is the most awesome low-key power ever.

Thanks. ;) I was trying to think of something vaugely useful, but not super. If one lived in a super-powered universe, it would be seen as 'lame'. Though the power would be really convienient to have, 'The Changemaker' isn't going to be getting an invite from the JLA.
    [exact change scan image]

Heh, cool. What comic is that from?

ihopius on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    That's from the Marvel Christmas Special, which this year is far superior to the DC Holiday Special.

Hensler on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Hensler wrote:
    That's from the Marvel Christmas Special, which this year is far superior to the DC Holiday Special.
    No, no it's not.
    dch171.jpg

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    You appear invisible to yourself but NO ONE ELSE. Not only do you not know what you look like, but styling your hair and make-up is a daily trial. (It would be a female superhero, of course, so she couldn't just shave her head. Well, I guess she could . . .)

LadyM on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    The power to excel at mediocre endeavors. Sure you may not create a corporation to rival Stark International or Wayne Enterprises, but damned if you won't cruise to be the largest rubber-stamp in Spokane County. What's kinda cool, is that you could win in ball room dancing in the Olympics. Win no name marathons, date one of the hotter, but not the hotest girl you know, and get a solid B- average without even breaking a sweat.

Malkor on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The power to call, tame, and communicate with unicorns and other magical horses.

Of course your powers don't extend to making these creatures exist, and they don't.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    MajidahMajidah Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    For every 1 pound of your own fresh, raw flesh that you eat, you gain 1 minute of super-intellegence.

Note: I chose intellegence because:

A) I can think of situations where 1 minute of super strength or especially speed would be handy, but intellegence strikes me as a more long-term valuable commodity. One minute is barely enough time to get a pen and jot down "fusion=hydrogen+..."

B) With your increased wits, you can fully appreciate just how increadibly stupid and painful your power is.

Majidah on
  • Options
    Daemon_AconisDaemon_Aconis Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Malkor wrote:
    The power to excel at mediocre endeavors. Sure you may not create a corporation to rival Stark International or Wayne Enterprises, but damned if you won't cruise to be the largest rubber-stamp in Spokane County. What's kinda cool, is that you could win in ball room dancing in the Olympics.

You know, i'll keep this comment in mind next time I take your girl out for a night of salsa and sex ;).

Daemon_Aconis on
    unitedstatesofcommunismvy1.gif
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2006
    Malkor wrote:
    The power to excel at mediocre endeavors. Sure you may not create a corporation to rival Stark International or Wayne Enterprises, but damned if you won't cruise to be the largest rubber-stamp in Spokane County. What's kinda cool, is that you could win in ball room dancing in the Olympics.

You know, i'll keep this comment in mind next time I take your girl out for a night of salsa and sex ;).

I bet you mean roofie-laced salsa and chips and not salsa dancing.

A duck! on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Majidah wrote:
    For every 1 pound of your own fresh, raw flesh that you eat, you gain 1 minute of super-intellegence.

Note: I chose intellegence because:

A) I can think of situations where 1 minute of super strength or especially speed would be handy, but intellegence strikes me as a more long-term valuable commodity. One minute is barely enough time to get a pen and jot down "fusion=hydrogen+..."

B) With your increased wits, you can fully appreciate just how increadibly stupid and painful your power is.

Does placenta count?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    MajidahMajidah Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    only in sandwich form.

Majidah on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    the power of repulsion, people have a desire to flee the general vicinity when you enter it. can you at all make this power cool? i dont think so.

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    MadJack wrote:
    the power of repulsion, people have a desire to flee the general vicinity when you enter it. can you at all make this power cool? i dont think so.

Become a bank robber.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    MadJack wrote:

Become a bank robber.

You'd never have to buy anything, because all the people in a store would take off.

Malkor on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    MadJack wrote:

Become a bank robber.

Or the greatest running back in the history of the NFL.

Marathon on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    MadJack wrote:

Become a bank robber.

Or the greatest running back in the history of the NFL.

no games an account of no one wants to be in the same room as you and no fans want to watch, even on tv because there gonna watch one guy on a field with a ball on a stationary camera.

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg