Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

NCAA Tournament - UNC is victorious!

• BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Duffel wrote: »
    Ringo wrote: »
    That'd be a trade-up in recruits for Donovan. Kind of a Doherty/Williams deal except Donovan has already proven he can win the whole thing.

Unless Meeks and Patterson leave. But you don't go pro from an NIT team do you?
    Hard to say. I've heard that this isn't a great year for NBA draft picks (I don't really follow the NBA so I can't speak with much authority there) and that might encourage both of them to leave, since fewer good picks=better draft position for them. But, as you said, going from the NIT to the NBA (especially when you got beat in the NIT) would be pretty strange, but it's probably been done before.

Stephen Curry (Davidson), Patty Mills (St. Mary's), Greg Monroe (Georgetown), and Jerome Jordan (Tulsa) are all expected to go pro, and none of them made the NCAA tournament. As entertaining as the tourney is, it's not a huge deal to the NBA. It matters a whole lot more to them what 1 guy can do than what his overall team does.

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Holy Shit I'm in 8th place on our bracket!

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    How many time do they talk about one side of the state vs the other in the Villanova/Pitt game? I predict lots.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    How long will UConn get to keep their Final Four banner up? Half a season?

Lose: to suffer defeat, to misplace (Ex: "I hope I don't lose the match." "Did you lose your phone again?")
    Loose: about to slip, to release (Ex: "That knot is loose." "Loose arrows.")
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava One day, I will be able to say to myself "I am beautiful and I am perfect just the way I am"Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ohwow.

That injury looked... painful. Just ouch. Feel bad for the kid.

Also, it's not so much east v west PA that they're talking about. It's the whole "how many of these kids are from Philly and have been playing each other so many times over the years?" thing

• lonelyahavalonelyahava One day, I will be able to say to myself "I am beautiful and I am perfect just the way I am"Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    C'mon Nova... C'mon.... Don't do this to me! Don't DO THIS!!!!

sonofabitch!

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This is a great game.

sig.jpg
    Last pint: Pallet Jack IPA - Barley Brown's
    Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    edited March 2009
    THAT IS WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT!!!

That is how your free throws should be. THAT is how you should do free throws.

BAD PITT! BAD!

grrrrrr

edited March 2009
    boom goes the dynamite

edited March 2009
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That was pretty amazing shit.

sig.jpg
    Last pint: Pallet Jack IPA - Barley Brown's
    Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    edited March 2009
    Damn, can't place in either pool now.

Lose: to suffer defeat, to misplace (Ex: "I hope I don't lose the match." "Did you lose your phone again?")
    edited March 2009
    excuse me while I run around my apartment dancing in joy.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• visiblehowlvisiblehowl Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, so far I'm 2 for 2 on Final Four picks.

Interestingly enough, I have Nova and UConn losing in the Final Four, so the important picks have yet to be done.

For the love of god, just don't lose, Michigan St.

DogSig.gif
    edited March 2009
    Hell yeah!

Do it Michigan State!

DogSig.gif
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2009
    louisville

is running out of time

edited March 2009
    Yeah, I think we're done here folks.

If this Michigan State team comes to play in Detroit where they'll have pretty hardcore home court advantage, UConn won't stand a chance. To the National Championship, Spartans!

(Green's my favorite color anyway)

DogSig.gif
    edited March 2009
    Big Ten basketball? I'm kinda rooting for State to shut up the national media and it feels weird.

edited March 2009
    Big Ten basketball? I'm kinda rooting for State to shut up the national media and it feels weird.

dude it's cool, rick patino can suck it

edited March 2009
    3/3 Final Four picks!

Go UNC!

DogSig.gif
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    And with that, I'm now winning my office bracket pool.

I don't watch basketball. :P

camo_sig2.png
    edited March 2009
    I am not happy with today's result.

edited March 2009
    go oklahoma

except that guy wearing long sleeves

who does that

edited March 2009
    Medopine wrote: »
    go oklahoma

except that guy wearing long sleeves

who does that

I still think Griffin is a gigantic asshat. But so is Hansborough. Hmph.

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Assuming the Tar Heels put this away, I have three Final Four picks.

The scenarios are as follows. Listed are all the possible results of the final, along with who would win the pool if that came to pass.

MICHIGAN STATE OVER VILLANOVA: VH's Bracket
    VILLANOVA OVER MICHIGAN STATE: VH's Bracket
    MICHIGAN STATE OVER NORTH CAROLINA: VH's Bracket
    NORTH CAROLINA OVER MICHIGAN STATE: VH's Bracket
    CONNECTICUT OVER VILLANOVA: Bracket's Edge
    VILLANOVA OVER CONNECTICUT: Bracket's Edge
    CONNECTICUT OVER NORTH CAROLINA: Bracket's Edge
    NORTH CAROLINA OVER CONNECTICUT: Buzzer Beater

So basically, it's down to visiblehowl, Ringo and myself. If Michigan State advances to the finals, visiblehowl wins no matter what else happens. If Connecticut advances to the finals, I win unless the Tar Heels beat them, in which case it's Ringo with the Hail Mary.

I have a blog. Read it. Blog-reading makes you pretty and popular.
  • RingoRingo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well Gosling, I love you and all - but I really hope you don't come anywhere near winning the pool. Even if it's UNC over MI ST and visiblehowl wins I'll be the happiest man.

ceres wrote: »
    I'm just going to go ahead and lock this thread before I feel any worse about humanity.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG now featured at the Exigency Forum
    edited March 2009
    4/4 on Final Four picks, baby!

I feel like I should get bonus points for that.

DogSig.gif
    edited March 2009
    Malkor wrote: »
    I am not happy with today's result.

brown'd for poopies

edited March 2009
    Somebody update me?

I missed the games since I was at work.

Mich State won... and?

edited March 2009
    UNC

edited March 2009
    So I have to pick between Big East and ACC?!?!

I'm going to cry....

Screw it.

GO NOVA!!!

So, Michigan state v Louisville and UNC v Nova....

Hey, I got 1/4. Booyah!

• EmonkEmonk __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2009
    This might be the best Tom Izzo photo I've ever seen:
    Spoiler:

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I have to pick between Big East and ACC?!?!

I'm going to cry....

Screw it.

GO NOVA!!!

So, Michigan state v Louisville and UNC v Nova....

Hey, I got 1/4. Booyah!

Michigan State vs. Uconn, Louisville is who they beat today.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Even though it's not the Big dance, the Division II championship had a pretty badass ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ro7no6ecaI

• juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Yeah that was a good game. Damn shame 32 on Cal Poly fumbled the ball and gave Findlay the last shot.

Lanlaorn wrote: »
    That's just insulting, I think DBZ is bad but I'm not going to insinuate that it only appeals to people who are equal parts retards and psychopaths.
  • LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    4/4 on Final Four picks, baby!

I feel like I should get bonus points for that.

Yeah, You sitting all up there, on top of the pick'em group. I thought I might have a chance to catch some of you before Illinois got crushed, but now... Looks like no third place finish for me this year ;)

• DuffelDuffel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    What a great final four. I think I like all these teams. At least, I like Michigan and UNC and I don't dislike UConn/Nova. And no Duke/Louisville!

Also that Tom Izzo pic is D:

It's like batman or something

EDIT: Actually he kinda reminds me of Joe Biden for some reason

edited March 2009
    Calipari new coach at UK.

I'm pretty pleased with this pick, particularly because Calipari is a fantastic recruiter and will likely be bringing several of his Memphis recruits with him to Kentucky. If Meeks and Patterson stick around, Kentucky could have one of the most incredible turnarounds the NCAA has ever seen - NIT to fairly deep in the NCAA tournament, I'd imagine.

DogSig.gif
  • DuffelDuffel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'd heard Calipari mentioned yesterday, and I'm glad he ended up being the one. I'd also heard Tom Izzo's name dropped, which would have been really badass, but developing a good program where he's at and I can't blame him for not wanting to leave, even though I'm sure UK would have offered him $texas.

Frankly I'm glad we got Calipari instead of Donovan - I didn't really care for somebody that let a punk like Joachim Noah play for him. And I'm glad Gillispie is gone. Calipari's already signed a contract, something Gillispie was apparently never willing to do, so he's already more of a coach IMO than Billy G ever was.

edited March 2009
    By fantastic recruiter you mean incredibly dirty?