As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Confrontation! (rawr!)

mlsxmlsx Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Critical Failures
Confrontation is a fantasy skirmish game made by the French company Rackham. There are over 1000 high quality items and minatures (28mm in size) that have been produced for this game.

Background
Confrontation is set in the fictional world of Aarklash that has been engulfed in numerous conflicts since the dawn of time. Small armies led by local Warlords have since been sparring with each other, knowing that these skirmishes are but a meaningless prelude to the great event yet to come, the Rag'narok.

Here are just some of the armies available in the game of Confrontation;

The ways of Light (Good guys)

The Kelts of the Sessairs Clan
The Sessairs clan are the ancestors of all the human peoples. They worship a pantheon of primative divinities and immortal heros such as Danu, the goddess of nature. War is an intergral part of Kelt culture as they have been attacked on all sides, to kelts, to wage war is to survive.
FRBALV01_2.jpg

The Lions of Alahan
One of the first civilised kingdoms created by the descendents of two kelt clans. The kingdom of Alahan is a land of justice and prosperity, it is the most valiant defender of Light on a continent that is prey to Darkness.
LIRG_0103_1.jpg

The Griffins of Akkylannie
The second major human civilisation which was founded by an ancient hero called Arcavius whom in a vison saw the fiery god Merin. With this Arcavius set out to spread his new religion across Aarklash, never to be seen again. Arcavius' disciples quickly multiplied and soon built the kingdom of Akkylannie to protect their religion from those wanting to destroy it. The Griffins have since gone on numerous crusades in faraway lands to the East to find their prophet.
GRFI02.jpg

The meanders of Darkness (Bad guys)

The Alchemists of Dirz
Dirz was once a visonary scientist whom tried to use Darkness to spawn the perfect being. However he was soon hunted for heresy by the Griffins of Akkylannian Inquisition. Dirz soon escaped to the Syharhalna desert where he and his alchemists founded the alchemical empire of the Scorpion. The alchemists of Dirz have mastered the power of Darkness to create legions of clones to defend their knigdom.
SCRG_0101_1.jpg

The Limbo of Acheron
More than three centuries ago Acheron was a province under the governence of the kingdom of Alahan. A secret cult known as the Order of the Ram quickly infiltrated the ranks of Acheron's nobility and corrupted those with the promise of immortality. When the Lions of Alahan finally knew what the Order of the Ram was up to it was too late, the necromancers of the Ram had opened a huge Portal of Darkness to the Netherworld which turned the plains of Acheron into a plague-infested hell.
UKMVMA02_1.jpg

The paths of Destiny (Neutral)

The Dwarves of Tir-Na'-Bor
The Dwarves of Tir-Na'-Bor live in huge underground cities at the base of the Aegis mountains. The homeland of the Dwarves is their soul, and strangers are rarely welcome there.
NAEL_0203_2.jpg

The Wolfen of Yllia
In the age when the gods still walked on Aarklash, the goddess Moon gave her blessing to the most powerful of the wolves. He became the First born, the ancestor of the noble and savage race of the Wolfen.
FRWFSP08_2.jpg

Gameplay
Confontation is played using minatures that represent the soldiers and troops used by the players abit like Warhammer. However unlike Warhammer the minatures in Confrontation each come with their own unique 'playing card' which describes the unit's stats and characteristics.

For the Third edition rules of Confrontation (In PDF format)
http://www.rackham.fr/pdf_EN/Livret_Conf_3_EN_WEB.pdf

For more info visit www.rackham.fr

Disscussion? Game on?

mlsx on

• Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I have some Griffin long-gunners, a Witch Hunter, and a Devourer (of the evil Wolfen), and I have yet to paint them. I don't know when I will, because they're far too pretty for me to ruin by giving them a half-assed paint job. :(

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    thegloamingthegloaming Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    mlsx wrote:
    The Wolfen of Yllia
    In the age when the gods still walked on Aarklash, the goddess Moon gave her blessing to the most powerful of the wolves. He became the First born, the ancestor of the noble and savage race of the Wolfen.
    FRWFSP08_2.jpg

lol furries.

I do like the art style, though. Especially with the dwarves. They've managed to make them look somewhat unique.

thegloaming on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    lol furries.

I do like the art style, though. Especially with the dwarves. They've managed to make them look somewhat unique.
    Funny, the dwarves are the one race I almost universally hate in Confrontation (save their cavalry). I think they look like heads, arms, and legs, with no body. Unique, yes, but also kind of silly.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited October 2006
    Rakham's art is very nice.

DMAC on
  • Options
    GrimDog420GrimDog420 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    great looking minis, shit game system.

also, if you have a tough time assembling gw minis or privateer minis, these minis are not for you. Often times you have to pin things that are about the size of a pin to another pin size piece...

GrimDog420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]