Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Cock juggling thunder [chat]

2456736

Posts

  • GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Gigaton wrote: »
    Isn't Cyclops immune to his own power?

    Concussive blasts of energy? So we can't pull out the old mirror trick and trip the guy up?

    Yeah, his energy is actually extra-dimensional. The sunlight he absorbs keeps open an aperture to a dimension full of the "solid" energy. When it hits his own body it gets transported back to it's native realm.

    I read in-depth power descriptions online when I get bored at work.

    Gigaton on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2008
    Cyclop's beams have also been demonstrated to reflect off certain shiny surfaces; in concert with Cyclop's intuitive sense of spatial geometry, this reflective quality of his beams allows him to bounce the beams off many different surfaces in rapid succession so as to strike a desired target from an unexpected angle.

    What the hell does that mean?

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Preach, if you honestly believe that's good advice, I have nothing more to say on the topic.

    Other than you're wrong and it's terrible advice and it's the last thing she needs to hear right now.

    But whatever I'm done cluttering up the chat.

    That's your opinion mike, and you certainly don't speak from authority on the subject.

    Preacher on
  • TavTav Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Doc wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    I am so bored. All I can muster the will power to do is listen to At The Gates and trawl through [chat].

    I am rocking Children of Bodom right now. hi-5 for northern european metal!

    I totally woulda gone to see Vader a few months ago if it hadn't been 18+.

    Tav on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2008
    Gigaton wrote: »
    Yeah, his energy is actually extra-dimensional. The sunlight he absorbs keeps open an aperture to a dimension full of the "solid" energy. When it hits his own body it gets transported back to it's native realm.

    Only sometimes. Usually it's his body "metabolizing" solar energy. In some storylines he uses up all his energy and has to be exposed to sunlight to "recharge."

    By "only sometimes," I of course mean that certain authors have different takes on it. In other words they shit all over each other's canon.

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Preach, if you honestly believe that's good advice, I have nothing more to say on the topic.

    Other than you're wrong and it's terrible advice and it's the last thing she needs to hear right now.

    But whatever I'm done cluttering up the chat.

    That's your opinion mike, and you certainly don't speak from authority on the subject.
    It's an opinion much more supported with facts than "well gee golly i married my wife after only 6 months, so i'm gonna say go for it, worked for me!" while completely ignoring everything else she's ever written. The girl is severely messed up and it doesn't take a psychologist to see that. Your advice is not only bad, it is destructive.

    edit: god fucking damnit i said i wouldn't do this.

    pm me if you wanna keep talking

    MikeMan on
    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Cyclops the X-Men character wikipedia page: 39304 bytes
    Cyclops the mythical being wikipedia page: 14108 bytes

    Doc on
  • GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Res wrote: »
    Cyclop's beams have also been demonstrated to reflect off certain shiny surfaces; in concert with Cyclop's intuitive sense of spatial geometry, this reflective quality of his beams allows him to bounce the beams off many different surfaces in rapid succession so as to strike a desired target from an unexpected angle.

    What the hell does that mean?

    It means he has a superhuman ability to judge how his beams (or anything) will ricochet. It's like he's just a natural genius in geometric calculation without the added intelligence required to perform those calcs. Think like how Forge can just build anything without having to understand the concept behind it.

    Gigaton on
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Registered User
    edited November 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    I've always wanted to be Ryan Reynolds. He just always struck me as a cool and nice dude-type-person.

    The fact that he's married to Scarlett Johansen never entered your mind right?

    I had no idea they were together. I assumed he was still with Alanis Morissette.

    But yeah, bonus.

    Also is it just me or is Scarlett Johansen one of those people who always looks better in motion than in still photos? Christina Hendricks and Jessica Biel are like that too.

    Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    I've always wanted to be Ryan Reynolds. He just always struck me as a cool and nice dude-type-person.

    The fact that he's married to Scarlett Johansen never entered your mind right?

    I had no idea they were together. I assumed he was still with Alanis Morissette.

    But yeah, bonus.

    Also is it just me or is Scarlett Johansen one of those people who always looks better in motion than in still photos? Christina Hendricks and Jessica Biel are like that too.

    I've seen some pretty brain-melting still photos of her.

    Doc on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Doc wrote: »
    Cyclops the X-Men character wikipedia page: 39304 bytes
    Cyclops the mythical being wikipedia page: 14108 bytes
    :lol:

    Oh, internet

    MikeMan on
    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Gigaton wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Gigaton wrote: »
    Isn't Cyclops immune to his own power?

    Concussive blasts of energy? So we can't pull out the old mirror trick and trip the guy up?

    Yeah, his energy is actually extra-dimensional. The sunlight he absorbs keeps open an aperture to a dimension full of the "solid" energy. When it hits his own body it gets transported back to it's native realm.

    I read in-depth power descriptions online when I get bored at work.

    That is some fucking bullcrap.

    Sarksus on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Doc wrote: »
    Cyclops the X-Men character wikipedia page: 39304 bytes
    Cyclops the mythical being wikipedia page: 14108 bytes

    I still maintain that the most overwhelming evidence of Wiki's massive geek bias is the "in popular culture" section for Sylph.

    It's longer than the rest of the article, and some of them are webcomic references.

    japan on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mike why would I want to continue to talk to you about it when obviously you think my advice is destructive. Honestly you are making judgements of me and my advice that is hurtful and frankly insulting. I bet you reported my h/a post as well.

    Preacher on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'll probably get accused of calling out of work due to WoW. Luckily I have a doctors note though.

    DeShadowC on
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Registered User
    edited November 2008
    Doc wrote: »
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    I've always wanted to be Ryan Reynolds. He just always struck me as a cool and nice dude-type-person.

    The fact that he's married to Scarlett Johansen never entered your mind right?

    I had no idea they were together. I assumed he was still with Alanis Morissette.

    But yeah, bonus.

    Also is it just me or is Scarlett Johansen one of those people who always looks better in motion than in still photos? Christina Hendricks and Jessica Biel are like that too.

    I've seen some pretty brain-melting still photos of her.

    Retouched and shopped all to hell, though. Scarlett Johansson has a goofy smile that doesn't always play well when she faces the camera. Christina Hendricks can look older or overly made-up because of her complexion, and Jessica Biel can look surprisingly plain.

    But put those same three girls in motion and holy Jesus.

    Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mike why would I want to continue to talk to you about it when obviously you think my advice is destructive. Honestly you are making judgements of me and my advice that is hurtful and frankly insulting. I bet you reported my h/a post as well.

    I did not report your post. You didn't violate any rules so why would I report it?

    I'm not judging your life, I'm saying you gave terrible advice. There's a difference.

    MikeMan on
    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    oh god my ankle

    Elendil on
  • GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Gigaton wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Gigaton wrote: »
    Isn't Cyclops immune to his own power?

    Concussive blasts of energy? So we can't pull out the old mirror trick and trip the guy up?

    Yeah, his energy is actually extra-dimensional. The sunlight he absorbs keeps open an aperture to a dimension full of the "solid" energy. When it hits his own body it gets transported back to it's native realm.

    I read in-depth power descriptions online when I get bored at work.

    That is some fucking bullcrap.

    I know. I'm totally getting paid for nothing.

    Gigaton on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    When you take time off of work for a video game that's when you see a therapist. The only suitable reason for taking vacation time is if Barack Obama asks you to.

    Sarksus on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I still have yet to see Scarlett look better than she did in Lost in Translation

    why did you go blonde

    Elendil on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mike why would I want to continue to talk to you about it when obviously you think my advice is destructive. Honestly you are making judgements of me and my advice that is hurtful and frankly insulting. I bet you reported my h/a post as well.

    I did not report your post. You didn't violate any rules so why would I report it?

    I'm not judging your life, I'm saying you gave terrible advice. There's a difference.

    You insulted me and my marriage, calling it luck. Frankly I think I'm done responding to anything you say. I'm done with you good day sir.

    And I'm out for the day.

    Preacher on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2008
    Are we going to wiki-gripe now?

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    snikt

    Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    When you take time off of work for a video game that's when you see a therapist. The only suitable reason for taking vacation time is if Barack Obama asks you to.

    What about mind-blowing sex, Sark? What about mind-blowing sex, huh?

    The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Preacher you don't have to be offended just because you can be offended.

    Greeper on
    Greeper is now Minister Of Communication in my new regime.
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Syndalis, if you knew anything about Greeper, you would know Greeper is never not field dressing a stag.
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Registered User
    edited November 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mike why would I want to continue to talk to you about it when obviously you think my advice is destructive. Honestly you are making judgements of me and my advice that is hurtful and frankly insulting. I bet you reported my h/a post as well.

    I did not report your post. You didn't violate any rules so why would I report it?

    I'm not judging your life, I'm saying you gave terrible advice. There's a difference.

    I very nearly reported it, but decided that since I wasn't actually participating in the thread itself I should stay out of it. Bad advice is itself infractable in H/A, and Preacher that is some epically bad advice. Entering into the commitment of marriage under emotional duress is the worst thing imaginable. It will destroy you emotionally and financially. You know how Catholics are usually required to interview with a priest before the church will sanction their marriage? It's to prevent people like her from completely fucking themselves over.

    Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Gooey wrote: »
    snikt

    Somehow this is the best post in this thread thusfar.

    Nocturne on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    When you take time off of work for a video game that's when you see a therapist. The only suitable reason for taking vacation time is if Barack Obama asks you to.

    What about mind-blowing sex, Sark? What about mind-blowing sex, huh?

    If Barack Obama says it's okay.

    Sarksus on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mike why would I want to continue to talk to you about it when obviously you think my advice is destructive. Honestly you are making judgements of me and my advice that is hurtful and frankly insulting. I bet you reported my h/a post as well.

    I did not report your post. You didn't violate any rules so why would I report it?

    I'm not judging your life, I'm saying you gave terrible advice. There's a difference.

    I very nearly reported it, but decided that since I wasn't actually participating in the thread itself I should stay out of it. Bad advice is itself infractable in H/A, and Preacher that is some epically bad advice. Entering into the commitment of marriage under emotional duress is the worst thing imaginable. It will destroy you emotionally and financially. You know how Catholics are usually required to interview with a priest before the church will sanction their marriage? It's to prevent people like her from completely fucking themselves over.

    Well and because Catholics are nucking futs, but otherwise yeah.

    Nocturne on
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mike why would I want to continue to talk to you about it when obviously you think my advice is destructive. Honestly you are making judgements of me and my advice that is hurtful and frankly insulting. I bet you reported my h/a post as well.

    I did not report your post. You didn't violate any rules so why would I report it?

    I'm not judging your life, I'm saying you gave terrible advice. There's a difference.

    I very nearly reported it, but decided that since I wasn't actually participating in the thread itself I should stay out of it. Bad advice is itself infractable in H/A, and Preacher that is some epically bad advice. Entering into the commitment of marriage under emotional duress is the worst thing imaginable. It will destroy you emotionally and financially. You know how Catholics are usually required to interview with a priest before the church will sanction their marriage? It's to prevent people like her from completely fucking themselves over.

    Robin Williams has managed to stop so many terrible marriages this way.

    Aegis on
    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +4/1d8+2 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mike why would I want to continue to talk to you about it when obviously you think my advice is destructive. Honestly you are making judgements of me and my advice that is hurtful and frankly insulting. I bet you reported my h/a post as well.

    I did not report your post. You didn't violate any rules so why would I report it?

    I'm not judging your life, I'm saying you gave terrible advice. There's a difference.

    I very nearly reported it, but decided that since I wasn't actually participating in the thread itself I should stay out of it. Bad advice is itself infractable in H/A, and Preacher that is some epically bad advice. Entering into the commitment of marriage under emotional duress is the worst thing imaginable. It will destroy you emotionally and financially. You know how Catholics are usually required to interview with a priest before the church will sanction their marriage? It's to prevent people like her from completely fucking themselves over.

    Well and because Catholics are nucking futs, but otherwise yeah.

    I think being interviewed by a priest in order to determine viability before being able to get married is probably one of the more tamer aspects of any religion. Practically speaking, it's a pretty good idea.

    Sarksus on
  • GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Here's where I read power descriptions. The guy who writes them is kinda scary with how much he knows about the MU.

    http://uncannyxmen.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3888

    Gigaton on
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    When you take time off of work for a video game that's when you see a therapist. The only suitable reason for taking vacation time is if Barack Obama asks you to.

    People take time off from work for all sorts of reasons. I don't see taking time off to play video games, even if it's just WoW, as somehow indicating maladjustment.

    Wonder_Hippie on
    Your sig was too tall. -Thanatos
    Feral wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    i'm just a loveologist
    love me some lovin'
    gonna study up on lovin'

    Ain't no problem you can't solve in loveology with a larger sample size.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mike why would I want to continue to talk to you about it when obviously you think my advice is destructive. Honestly you are making judgements of me and my advice that is hurtful and frankly insulting. I bet you reported my h/a post as well.

    I did not report your post. You didn't violate any rules so why would I report it?

    I'm not judging your life, I'm saying you gave terrible advice. There's a difference.

    I very nearly reported it, but decided that since I wasn't actually participating in the thread itself I should stay out of it. Bad advice is itself infractable in H/A, and Preacher that is some epically bad advice. Entering into the commitment of marriage under emotional duress is the worst thing imaginable. It will destroy you emotionally and financially. You know how Catholics are usually required to interview with a priest before the church will sanction their marriage? It's to prevent people like her from completely fucking themselves over.
    Isn't it also to ensure they intend to make many Catholic babies to grow up and become altar boys and girls

    Elendil on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    When you take time off of work for a video game that's when you see a therapist. The only suitable reason for taking vacation time is if Barack Obama asks you to.

    People take time off from work for all sorts of reasons. I don't see taking time off to play video games, even if it's just WoW, as somehow indicating maladjustment.

    Because placing a video game as a priority over your source of income is ridiculous.

    Sarksus on
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    When you take time off of work for a video game that's when you see a therapist. The only suitable reason for taking vacation time is if Barack Obama asks you to.

    People call in sick/take time off work for any number of reasons including a number of them which are simply to not have to show up and to free up time to do <insert activity here>. The fact the activity in this case is a video game doesn't suddenly mean that there's some underlying issue present.

    Aegis on
    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +4/1d8+2 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    When you take time off of work for a video game that's when you see a therapist. The only suitable reason for taking vacation time is if Barack Obama asks you to.

    People take time off from work for all sorts of reasons. I don't see taking time off to play video games, even if it's just WoW, as somehow indicating maladjustment.

    Because placing a video game as a priority over your source of income is ridiculous.

    Because [doing something you enjoy] as a priority over your source of income is ridiculous.

    You're making a judgment that reeks of ignorance.

    Wonder_Hippie on
    Your sig was too tall. -Thanatos
    Feral wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    i'm just a loveologist
    love me some lovin'
    gonna study up on lovin'

    Ain't no problem you can't solve in loveology with a larger sample size.
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I've known people to call in sick because it's a nice day.

    japan on
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    When you take time off of work for a video game that's when you see a therapist. The only suitable reason for taking vacation time is if Barack Obama asks you to.

    People take time off from work for all sorts of reasons. I don't see taking time off to play video games, even if it's just WoW, as somehow indicating maladjustment.

    Because placing a video game as a priority over your source of income is ridiculous.

    Because [doing something you enjoy] as a priority over your source of income is ridiculous.

    You're making a judgment that reeks of ignorance.

    W_H, have my babies.

    Aegis on
    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +4/1d8+2 | Spell +4/DC 12
This discussion has been closed.