As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The happy thread

PolagoPolago Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Social Entropy++
(This place could use a little balance in the face of both a shit sucks thread and a spilled milk thread)

stimpyvo3.jpg

Happy! It's something that brings a smile to your face, puts the spring in your step and places a healthy glow on your body. We have opportunities to feel good every day of our lives, and whether they be big or small the things that amplify our grins can be incredibly unique with intriguing motivations and reasons behind them. Whatever the case may be, they offer highlights to the day or an positive shift in the daily grind.

Share the items, instances or people that help liven your life, but even more so elaborate on WHY they have the effect they do.

Polago on

• Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Faricazy on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    NO FUCK YOU.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    potatoe on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Pimps are never happy

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm happy that I'm eating a tasty club sub with chipotle sauce

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    we are going to sign the lease today for a super awesome condo downtown and i am super excited about that

mully on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    n50933084514727001248ec7.jpg

This picture of my son always makes me smile.

Marathon on
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    that's awesome mulva

I'm moving next weekend!

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    this is and should continue to be a really good weekend for me

a couple of my high school friends are back from college for the weekend, and last night was the first time I've seen them in months and the first time I've seen one of them so much as touch alcohol, so that was really fun

and we're going in a group to visit cal, where I have like a million other old friends I haven't seen in too long and where I should be able to more thoroughly ditch this nasty sobriety that's been bugging me for the past few months

so I'm pretty happy about all that! hooray

redhead on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    that's awesome mulva

I'm moving next weekend!

awesome! out of seattle?

we're moving right down onto burrard street, at the sheraton wall centre?
    you know in xmen when angel jumps off of the building?
    the building he jumps off of is connected to our new place :3

mully on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2008
    i'm listening to Katt Williams - Sweat Ya Perm Out and it makes me laugh

i'm trying to get The Riddle of Master Lu to work through DOSbox and I'll be happy if it does

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am kind of sleepy.

Is that close enough?

Bedlam on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    i am happy because my relationship is either going to improve or end and i'm going to see james bond in a couple hours! woo!

also i am drawing a super mutant maybe

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'll get back to this thread on wednesday when all my horrible school shit is over

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have nothing to complain about right now

ascot on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    mully wrote: »
    that's awesome mulva

I'm moving next weekend!

awesome! out of seattle?

we're moving right down onto burrard street, at the sheraton wall centre?
    you know in xmen when angel jumps off of the building?
    the building he jumps off of is connected to our new place :3
    nah, just north of Seattle to Ballard

it'll be nice to not be in a studio anymore!

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I just went through some mega shit times, but stuff is pretty cool right now. Some awesome girl wants to date me, I'm finally catching up in school, and the insane amounts of awesome video games that are coming out is definitely keeping me busy.

I like this thread.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    i am happy because my relationship is either going to improve or end and i'm going to see james bond in a couple hours! woo!

hi5 dude
    I don't get people who try to drag out failed relationships

I certainly hope things go well, but at least you recognize if you can't work whatever out then it's time to move on

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008

hi5 dude
    I don't get people who try to drag out failed relationships

I certainly hope things go well, but at least you recognize if you can't work whatever out then it's time to move on

it's one of those things where the emotional part is there in spades but the physical part isn't necessarily

neither of us is retarded about things so if we break up we will still be best friends pretty much

people drag out failed relationships out of a sense of hope, i think, so i wouldn't rag on them

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    i just played the mirror's edge demo and was successfully able to keep from puking

i'ma play it again now

woooohooo

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    we had pancakes and are hoping to see bond tonight

also i want to find shower crayons

window writers just wash off in the shower

mully on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I used to work with this dude who dated this lady from another department at the Starbucks head office and they were together for at least 3 years while I was working there. I remember once a bunch of us went for beers after work and for some reason he mentioned that they hadn't had sex for over a year (of course she wasn't there). We just stared at him in disbelief and we all asked why the fuck he was still dating her. he was so fucking whipped and it was hilarious because in the office he came across as a very outspoken, no bullshit kind of guy and I realized at that moment it was just a front.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    quoth your latest blog post amuses me greatly, and i love that image at the end

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I used to work with this dude who dated this lady from another department at the Starbucks head office and they were together for at least 3 years while I was working there. I remember once a bunch of us went for beers after work and for some reason he mentioned that they hadn't had sex for over a year (of course she wasn't there). We just stared at him in disbelief and we all asked why the fuck he was still dating her. he was so fucking whipped and it was hilarious because in the office he came across as a very outspoken, no bullshit kind of guy and I realized at that moment it was just a front.

I feel bad for guys like that. Probably because that's more or less the type of person I am. There's always some reason to stick around, even if it's completely outweighed by the reasons not to.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

hahahah sex is far from the only component in a relationship, you old lecher

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

yeah but you don't know this dude
    he was staying in the relationship because he was fucking whipped, not because they had some deep soul connection

they'd been making the beast with two backs earlier in their relationship, then they stopped

that's always a sign that something's very wrong

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    oh druhim you dirty old goat

ascot on
  • Options
    transistorsecttransistorsect Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    A friend introduced me to a very nice girl last night and we hit it off well.

transistorsect on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook Zune Brutal
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    quoth your latest blog post amuses me greatly, and i love that image at the end

ori i am glad to amuse you

that image amused me greatly as well

all writing away by candlelight in the days before fanfic sites

who would he have shown it to, other monks?

"dude check out this epic poem i wrote, it has monsters and dragons"

"what are you doing we are supposed to be converting these people"

"that's the best part, i totally give props to my man upstairs the whole time"

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    ascot wrote: »
    oh druhim you dirty old goat
    goat.jpeg

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm watching Total Recall with my girl and I'm about to get Five Guys in my mouth.

I told Leanna that I was leaving and she goes

GET YOUR ASS TO MARS

NotASenator on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

he was staying in the relationship because he was fucking whipped, not because they had some deep soul connection

they'd been making the beast with two backs earlier in their relationship, then they stopped

No, it's not

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

It will surely end in tears and hurt. Congrats!

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    sounds like a keeper

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    NotACrook wrote: »

No, it's not
    look, if it's mutually consensual to stop having sex for some reason then sure
    but if one partner just fucking cuts the other off cold turkey for over a year, that's a pretty obvious sign something's wrong

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    coldbird.coldbird. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    the sky looks all weird right now

coldbird. on
  • Options
    transistorsecttransistorsect Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

It will surely end in tears and hurt. Congrats!

That is exactly the conclusion I came to.

transistorsect on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Facebook Zune Brutal
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    NotACrook wrote: »

No, it's not
    look, if it's mutually consensual to stop having sex for some reason then sure
    but if one partner just fucking cuts the other off cold turkey for over a year, that's a pretty obvious sign something's wrong

I am definitely going to have to agree. Unless there is some medical reason behind it, shit has gone sour.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    A lot of people around these parts are probably thinking "but I don't have anything substantial like a girlfriend or a job or self respect to be happy about. How can I participate in this happy thread?" Talk about some of the smaller joys in your life and how you came about them or why they perk up your day.

An odd example to start on: Using stalls in public bathrooms over urinals is always a small plus. They might not be as quick or as efficient as a urinal but sometimes privacy and relaxation are great amidst the hubbub in a mall or food court. This started due to repeated occasions back in Edmonton where dudes would blatantly try to grab me or rub up while business was being done, one aggressive case resulting in an unconscious hobo. Since then, it's nice to have a full on break instead of just the pit stop.

Very minor and kinda odd, but an amusing positive nonetheless!

Polago on
This discussion has been closed.