As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SOLVED

MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
So as per the thread title I have a Intel E2180 CPU and a Gigabyte P35 DSx motherboard. When I got it and installed everything it wanted to clock the CPU at 1.2ghz from boot, so I changed it and I thought all is well. Now when I check the bios it likes to sit at 200x6 and claims that its 2.0ghz. Windows says it is, and so on and so forth but the math doesn't make sense.

I load up CPU-Z to see if it can tell me anything, and for some reason my CPU seems to be jumping from x6 multi to x10 multi whenever I do stuff. To me this means I am going to experience issues in games and I want to know how to turn this off.

I know with the gigabyte boards theres software that came with it that will control the cpu for you to save power, but I didn't install that software. Is there something in the bios I need to change?

Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics
MoSiAc on

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That's just Enhanced Intel Speed Step. It's usually refereed to as EIST. It lowers the CPU multiplier when it is not being taxed. It saves energy and keeps heat down.

So in short you have nothing to worry about.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    When you game it'll be at the x10 multi

when you're doing nothing it'll be at the lower one

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    OK thanks guys.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics