As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stardock wants to do: MOO, Star Control ... Baldur's gate III!

lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Games and Technology
I'm pretty sure that this Gamsutra article is just toying with me.
Wardell also mentioned Simtex's Master of Orion as a franchise he would like to see Stardock continue. Like Star Control, its third entry was developed by a different studio -- in this case, Quicksilver Software -- and was not as well-regarded as the original games.

"We'd like to do a roleplaying game too," he said, pointing to BioWare classics like Baldur's Gate II and Knights of the Old Republic as examples of the route he would like to take.

It would be "the same style of isometric gameplay -- not first person -- where I have a party that I'm interacting with," he explained, even calling out a specific Baldur's Gate II character.

"I think there are a lot of people who want that. They want to have a party again. They want to have a Minsc-type character in there. You can't have that interesting banter if it's just one guy running around."

steam_sig.png
(Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
lowlylowlycook on

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man, I already liked Stardock but this sort of stuff just makes me love em even more.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I would fellate anyone here for a worthy successor to Moo2 or SC2. Both of these games were awesome... so awesome.

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    was not as well-regarded as the original games
    Understatement of the fucking century.

Khavall on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I already have the money laid out for BG III.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Khavall wrote: »
    was not as well-regarded as the original games
    Understatement of the fucking century.

I Stardock use the following title

Master of Orion III:

We have no idea what you are talking about

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    STAR CONTROL 3: This is the Only Star Control III

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Baldur's Gate III: We can actually be sequential here.

Khavall on
  • Options
    Raoul DukeRaoul Duke Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I got one of their surveys a couple of months ago, and cause I like them I actually filled it out. In the spot where they asked if there was any old titles worth recreating I was really upset that I wrote XCOM. I was upset I had to think about it for a few seconds before I filled it in and that's just wrong. Wasn't there a rumor Firaxis owned the XCOM IP? And I've got my fingers crossed that someone will make a good XCOM remake.

Raoul Duke on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    ~hump hump hump~

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Raoul Duke wrote: »
    I got one of their surveys a couple of months ago, and cause I like them I actually filled it out. In the spot where they asked if there was any old titles worth recreating I was really upset that I wrote XCOM. I was upset I had to think about it for a few seconds before I filled it in and that's just wrong. Wasn't there a rumor Firaxis owned the XCOM IP? And I've got my fingers crossed that someone will make a good XCOM remake.

I think it's 2K that now has XCom

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Khavall wrote: »
    Raoul Duke wrote: »

I think it's 2K that now has XCom

Take a look in here.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raoul DukeRaoul Duke Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Amazing what a little search on Wikipedia will do. Take 2 which owns 2k owns the IP for XCOM. According to the Wiki there are rumors Irrational has been working on a new XCOM. Interesting.... Though I'm probably the last person to know this. I'll stop derailing the thread now.

EDIT'D!
    I AM the last person to know these things, thanks!

Raoul Duke on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Stardock making a third Master of Orion game would be awesome. The GalCiv games are great but I could never quite get into them, I missed having Klackons and Psilons and all those iconic races around.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Take heart fellow adventurers, for you have curried the favor of Boo, The only miniature giant space hamster in the Realm. My friend and companion ever since my h-h-head wound, he will lead us to victory! Onward to the Gnoll Stronghold to the west! Tarry not! We must go soon!

Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you.

What...yes but...but..alright. Boo tells me that I'm raving again. I did not notice a difference, but I shall heed his word, nonetheless.

<3

There never was a better man, and certainly not a better hamster. Pity he tended to get petrified, mind raped, imprisoned, disintegrated or otherwise reduced to his constituent particles on such a regular basis. Being the designated door opener is a tough job.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I thought Baldur's Gate III was called Dragon Age?

A new Star Control would be a godsend if they got the Star Control 2 writers/developers on board.

TVs_Frank on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It can only be Baldur's Gate /// III 3 <4 >2 1+1+1 Three if it comes with cool, cheesy and adorable painted portraits of the characters, none of that three dimensional model in the little box crap.

Rawr.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg