As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Legos, Peltiers & Art under the CC

Mad_MorlockMad_Morlock Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Artist's Corner
I've got this design for a solid state cooling system I need re-touched by an artist. The original design was constructed using legos, but should be easy enough to replicate.

Any takers?

Also... Creative Commons licenses can be made to apply to pretty much anything, right? Is it possible to use one to circumvent the ability to patent? Release something into the public domain forever?

Check it out on the site: Thermal Processing Unit

-M

Mad_Morlock on

• Options
    The_Indigo_ApocalypseThe_Indigo_Apocalypse Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    The answer to ALL of your questions is:

You should have probably put this in the questions/discussions thread.

And by probably, I mean you just plain should. :wink:

See da rulz:
    Do Not Ask for Art in a New Thread
    Do not start new threads to ask for free art, tattoo designs, Websites, etc. If you wish to commission paid work, ask in the CHAT or Questions/Discussion thread.

The_Indigo_Apocalypse on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I'm not asking for free art.

However, computer geeks galore might be able to interpret previously mentioned art properly and translate it into a proper circuit layout for fun and profit.

Mad_Morlock on
  • Options
    The_Indigo_ApocalypseThe_Indigo_Apocalypse Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I've got this design for a solid state cooling system I need re-touched by an artist. The original design was constructed using legos, but should be easy enough to replicate.

Any takers?

Also... Creative Commons licenses can be made to apply to pretty much anything, right? Is it possible to use one to circumvent the ability to patent? Release something into the public domain forever?

Check it out on the site: Thermal Processing Unit

-M

You're asking someone to "re-touch" something for you, but for what? If it's a comission, say so, but say it in the question/discussion thread. And if it's not a comission, then you're basically asking for free art.

And since everything in your first post was basically a question geared at the artists here in the AC, it's pretty basic use of logic to figure out that maybe it belongs in said thread and not in a new one.

"Hmmm, I have a few questions for ACers, and I'd like to see if they want to help me re-touch something. Should I make a new thread like the noob I am since I obviously didn't read the rules before posting, OR, should I post it in the thread marked QUESTIONS/DISCUSSIONS?"

Gee.

I wonder.

The_Indigo_Apocalypse on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Geez,

If you really want to be a complete and utter ignorant dick about it I suppose you can look at it that way. If you want to completely ignore everything that I've said and just concentrate on one topic.

Here's the original. It's my design and I'm trying to figure out how to release it so it can't be patented. Thats why I was asking the questions about the Creative Commons licenses. Which I figured artists in this thread might have a better grasp of than say someone in the "I've got my head stuck so far up my ass I can lick my own tonsils" thread.

But if you want to ignore everything after my first request to have something looked in the artist's forum, then you can go back to painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel with your own feces, assbandit.

peltierprocessor_withflowlines.JPG

And no. I think this deserves its own thread.

Mad_Morlock on
  • Options
    GolemGolem of Sand Saint Joseph, MORegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    You should have posted the picture with the OP. And you cant rag on people for being mad at you when you dont read the rules. This is an art forum, weither or not your "creative lisence" question is relevent, it might have been better in H/A or D&D, seeing as it has more to do with legal and mechanical questions. Remember when posting in a "Forum Community" to read the rules before posting a new topic.

Golem on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I'm not mad.

And I did read the rules.

I just chose to interpret them.

I'm not asking for art. I'm supplying art and asking if anyone is interested in creating derivative works.

And I did include the picture in the first post. I just didn't use the tag. Instead I just posted the link.  Rules shouldn't excuse ignorant trolling because you don't understand what you're reading. Instead you just end up ruining what might have been a good thread just because you want the first bitch post.

Mad_Morlock on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I'm not mad.

And I did read the rules.

I just chose to interpret them.

I'm not asking for art. I'm supplying art and asking if anyone is interested in creating derivative works.

And I did include the picture in the first post. I just didn't use the tag. Instead I just posted the link.  Rules shouldn't excuse ignorant trolling because you don't understand what you're reading. Instead you just end up ruining what might have been a good thread just because you want the first bitch post.

Strange you seem mad, and your a total dick. I hope your design literally frys to hell all CPU's it comes into contact with. Your the ignorat fuck tard that joined just today and posted something his first day in that is not even fucking art. You want to make art with legos fine go sit in a corner and build something that people can look at and admire for its form and color and complexity of design. The fact that you came into an art forum for legal and technical device shows me that you have no clue what your doing or more than likely from your attitude ever will.

The only true justice would be for you to be jailed, and failing that for your topic to be locked and hopefully displayed for all the other new posters to gasp at and stare at its bloated rotting corpse hanging over a sign that says "Non Art Topics That Way
    >" pointing you to the door.

Golem on
  • Options
    The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Between this and the Conan thread, I really wish I had my jail/lock buttons back.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    When people put "Mr." as their title, I always giggle, just a little bit.

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Between this and the Conan thread, I really wish I had my jail/lock buttons back.

I vote you emergency powers!
    When people put "Mr." as their title, I always giggle, just a little bit.

LOL omg thats so fucking funny! That is the first time ive ever actually seen it done.

Golem on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Golem...

Ignorance begets ignorance.

For artists you're a pretty pissy bunch.

I never said I wasn't a dick.

I'm just not a forum nazi.

I thought your country was espoused on the ideals of free speech?

Is it up to you to decide what qualifies as art?

Or if it doesn't have a speech balloon over it's head is it out of your league?

Mad_Morlock on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Do Not Ask for Art in a New Thread
    Do not start new threads to ask for free art, tattoo designs, Websites, etc. If you wish to commission paid work, ask in the CHAT or Questions/Discussion thread.

Any takers?

You broke a rule, and now you're being an ass about having done it. Really, an apology and a rerouting of your question to the proper place might have served you better.

Regarding your Creative Commons question, a Google or a Wikipedia search might have netted you more information and less snark.

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I'm not asking for free art.

However, computer geeks galore might be able to interpret previously mentioned art properly and translate it into a proper circuit layout for fun and profit.

Mad_Morlock on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Golem...

Ignorance begets ignorance.

For artists you're a pretty pissy bunch.

I never said I wasn't a dick.

I'm just not a forum nazi.

I thought your country was espoused on the ideals of free speech?

Is it up to you to decide what qualifies as art?

Or if it doesn't have a speech balloon over it's head is it out of your league?

Its been said here before, this forum is not a democracy. Or do you consider anything with rules and structure to overly pragmatic? It took me along time to understand the difference as well check my first posts. You sir are headed down the same road and I urge you to stop now. Beyond that I know for a fact that you have no idea what art is. Have you even looked at the other posts in this forum? Have you looked at my posts? No, your are as ignorantly blind as your are totally clueless in the areas of what art is. You have not precented your work as art, nor did you ever make it clear you wanted it to be considered as such, but ok lets review your "art." Which btw since I have yet to post my own sketches I mostly shy away from Critizing peoples works. But since you have yet to post anything that qualifies as art I dont feel a twing of remorse.

You lines are juvinile and your arrows are terrible, there is no consistancy and its clear you didnt spend more than 5 mins in Paint.

Legos? are you fucking kidding me? Lrn2use AutoCad or at least something beyond MSpaint. For fuck sake you believe in your idea but not enough to present it in a way that will promote interest or actually put any hard work behind it? You didnt even post it in a forums with the correct interests of people, regardless of the fact thats its your first day, you are too stupid to learn from your mistakes when kind critisms are offered. It must be nice to look down from your high soap box your preaching from but if you looked a little lower you would have realized you have argued past the particular height of yours. I can only hope Gravity takes hold soon and brings you back to earth.

Golem on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    No... I'm just lazy and enjoy playing with legos.

I find the poorly drawn lines add a very human touch to something that would be cold and impersonal if completely and perfectly designed by a computer.

I chose legos over autoCAD for the same reason.

Don't dictate what defines ART or how to create it, please. Artists should be free to choose their own medium.

Mad_Morlock on
  • Options
    The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Stick with your G&T thread please.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    No... I'm just lazy and enjoy playing with legos.
    The Rules wrote:
    If you want advice on a quick sketch, unfinished work, or just want to show off something that didn't take much effort, use the Doodle thread.

Yeah you totally read the rules.
    I chose legos over autoCAD for the same reason.

You chose legos because you are not willing to do any work for your own vision.
    Don't dictate what defines ART or how to create it, please. Artists should be free to choose their own medium.

Art
    The quality, production, expression, or realm, according to aesthetic principles, of what is beautiful, appealing, or of more than ordinary significance.

Whatever you posted it as a design spec wanting adivce on how to pantent it and your gunna argue that it is art. I am but a minor doddler not even worthy as a footnote that is humaities collective works of art. But I have the decency to admit it, you, you would presume to take a few seconds to draw something and call it art? Even in the most basic terms thats not art, not on the level of legos + MS paint. Your arguments are overly short and point out things you come up with after the fact. I happen to be a draftsman, and no machine shop or engineer would make that until you clean it up into a real drawing. But I'm gunna leave it at this, you are wasting my attentions when they could be spent elsewhere. Good day sir, and good luck on the forums.

(psst title in the profile is not your real life formal title)

Golem on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited November 2006
    locked.jpg

DMAC on
This discussion has been closed.