As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Have you forgotten the face of your [chat]?

AlectharAlecthar Alan ShoreWe're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
darktower2.jpg

Have you?

Alecthar on

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So much <3

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So much <3

I thought it would be cool.

We haven't had this before, right?

Alecthar on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Okay, Alec. You've got me hooked - now reel me in.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

On this [chat]? Good to hear.

Edit: How do I reel you in?

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »

I don't know. It's just a saying. Basically the rest of the [chat] has to live up to the strong opening.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Slowly, wafting to the left and the right.

moniker on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    gooey, I haven't picked up l4d yet. I'm not sure I'd be able to regularly get a couple of other people to play it with me that weren't total strangers. Plus I'm worried that people will get bored with it before too long.

I'm really really tempted to get it though and will probably cave soon.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I went to this disgustingly scene hipster party last night. I'd forgotten how bad hipsters smell.

I did get hit on by a Kennedy though. That was cool.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    That maths test could have gone a lot better.

A whole lot better.

:|

Tav on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's kind of funny how the more millionaires we have in America, the longer old people have to keep working. :P

ITT: Podly rejects his people.

And now back to work. :(

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    darktower2.jpg

Have you?

Those books looked too wierd for me. And it seems like he'd run out of bullets.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Podly wrote: »
    So I went to this disgustingly scene hipster party last night. I'd forgotten how bad hipsters smell.

Was he drunk?

moniker on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Tav wrote: »

A whole lot better.

I don't see any PMs asking me for help, Tav.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Are the Dark Tower comics good?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Are the Dark Tower comics good?

I liked them.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    ok i understand how thats more insulting back then but how is that more insulting today...

as far as insults go i think the insulting part is the "negro"

It's not really more insulting today, it's just using old terminology that people haven't used in years. "Uncle Tom" took over as the term that means the same thing. Which Ralph Nader stupidly used.

And not to start another language debate, but "negro" isn't really that insulting of a term. It can be used insultingly, sure, but it's been around a lot longer than America's history with race. There are numerous places in Africa named after, and using, the word "Negro" in them.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    moniker wrote: »

Was he drunk?

Yep. And he asked me if I wanted to do some coke. I politely declined. He said: "oh, that's cool. Want to do some of my private stock." I didn't know if he meant liquor, coke, or ass munching.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I read all the novels starting in my freshman year of HS
    I should read the comics if they are good

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Tav wrote: »

A whole lot better.

I don't see any PMs asking me for help, Tav.

I am getting good at maths. I can understand what we've doing, it just seems as though some of the harder questions on the test were written in an incredibly awkward way. There was no way of knowing what was coming up other then "algebra and integration" so asking for help would have been redundant. These questions were nothing like what's in the book.

Tav on
  • Options
    Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    moniker wrote: »

Was he drunk?
    Too much, err, uhh, Pabst, err, uhh, Ribbon.

Andrew_Jay on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    In one of my classes this morning, a girl got up in the middle of the lecture, walked to the front of the room, faced the class and sang the chorus to "Mamma Mia," and then sat back down. It was... unexpected.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    gooey, I haven't picked up l4d yet. I'm not sure I'd be able to regularly get a couple of other people to play it with me that weren't total strangers. Plus I'm worried that people will get bored with it before too long.

I'm really really tempted to get it though and will probably cave soon.

I'm kind of in your position, with the added factor of I haven't got internet back in my house yet so could probably only play when I have friends over. But the demo was really, really fun.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    In one of my classes this morning, a girl got up in the middle of the lecture, walked to the front of the room, faced the class and sang the chorus to "Mamma Mia," and then sat back down. It was... unexpected.

No explanation, nothing?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

No explanation, nothing?

Nope. Pretty sure the professor was in on it, because he sort of paused as she walked up, and continued with the lecture like nothing had happened once she was done. I figure it was an assignment for another class - I've been in anthropology and sociology courses where you have to go do something unexpected or unusual in a public place and report on people's reactions to it.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

No explanation, nothing?

Nope. Pretty sure the professor was in on it, because he sort of paused as she walked up, and continued with the lecture like nothing had happened once she was done. I figure it was an assignment for another class - I've been in anthropology and sociology courses where you have to go do something unexpected or unusual in a public place and report on people's reactions to it.

Your reason for not yelling "TAKE IT OFF!" was what again?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

No explanation, nothing?

A "breaching" experiment.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Fuck I do not want to do Greek this morning.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited November 2008

:winky:

:P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

They are awful hairy

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

They are awful hairy

ummm....nsfw

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited November 2008

He didn't use proper CL terms though, it's GR33K, everyone knows that.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

No explanation, nothing?

That or she may have lost a bet.

moniker on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That's nasty Pods

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

No explanation, nothing?

Mainly because she wasn't that pretty.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't understand why people would use the internet to go looking for terrible things instead of awesome things.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

No explanation, nothing?

Fair enough, fair enough.

But to me, if I thought she was doing a social experiment of some kind, I'd be the one ass that would say something totally random just to throw that outlier out there and screw up her data.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I don't understand why people would use the internet to go looking for terrible things instead of awesome things.

Because I've always wondered what an Armenian midget's asshole looked like.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

No explanation, nothing?

Fair enough, fair enough.

But to me, if I thought she was doing a social experiment of some kind, I'd be the one ass that would say something totally random just to throw that outlier out there and screw up her data.

Well, if she had done "Take A Chance On Me," I'd have been tempted to join in.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    You should have shouted out 'Freebird!'

moniker on
This discussion has been closed.