As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What kind of gift do I get for a girl I know nothing about?

DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzleRegistered User regular
edited November 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So yeah, at school we're doing a secret santa thing and I have no idea what to get this girl.

My first instinct was either to get a cutesy stuffed-animal or a necklace.

Any other ideas? 15$ maximum.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
*TyCart*_banner.jpg
DeMoN on

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    A book you'd enjoy?

noir_blood on
  • squeefishsqueefish Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Can't go wrong with nice chocolate. You're not going to be able to get anything personal, so might as well go with someone that (almost) everyone likes.

squeefish on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    squeefish wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with nice chocolate. You're not going to be able to get anything personal, so might as well go with someone that (almost) everyone likes.

If she's health conscious, she won't like it. I wouldn't want chocolate myself.

Anyway, why not ask one of her friends for help?

Robos A Go Go on
  • TrowizillaTrowizilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bath stuff/lotion is nearly always acceptable. Something like this isn't going to ruffle any feathers.

Edit: don't do jewelry, you don't know her taste, and a book is risky because a) she might hate it or b) she might already own it.

Trowizilla on
  • YourFatAuntSusanYourFatAuntSusan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I do a bit of photography on the side as a hobby so I'd probably give a nice framed photograph of something interesting.

You can get a decent 11x14 photo frame at a box store for about $10-15. Throw in an extra buck or two from a dollar store for a colored matte and you have a nice, classy gift on the cheap.

YourFatAuntSusan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You could get her a small basket filled with different kinds of smaller stuff, like candies, keychains, or lotions. Mix it up a bit.

tardcore on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Scented candle in an extremely neutral odor, unless you can find out what smells she likes.

Quoth on
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    How did you end up on the same secret Santa? do you have any classes with her?

If so, I would say try to very casually look out for signs of her interest in something.. anything. Maybe one day she'll wear a t-shirt from a band, or carry a book with her that isn't for a class. If you happen to be able to notice an interest, maybe get a book or something small related to the interest. If you can't do this because she's not in your class, then try for something that you think anyone - not just a girl - might be able to use. You can get a set of headphones for under $15 that don't even sound too shitty, and you can really never have too many pairs of those lying around.

My mother was allergic to most scented things and didn't want them used in the house, and I have sensitive skin, so you never know what maybe isn't a good idea. Food items like chocolate have the same problems.. if she's allergic to chocolate or peanuts or wheat gluten or anything like that the gift could be kind of a downer.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I second chocolate, it works and always in demand by girls

Doxa on