Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Laptop battery question.

BasarBasar Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Probably a stupid question but...

I have a company issued laptop and it is an HP Compaq 6910p. My question is about the battery. As my personal laptop's battery lasts less than 35 minutes (its 3.5 years old), the time I get from this laptop is amazing, usually ~3.15 - 3.50 hours and I would like to keep it that way. I know that one can use the battery without the battery in it and that would put less wear on the battery, right? I take my laptop home with full charge and in the morning start using it without the power plugged in and when it drains to less than 10%, I recharge it and then unplug, drain it to 10%. Is this something I should or should not do to preserve battery life? Anyone know?

Basar on
confused.