As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Laptop battery question.

BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
edited November 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Probably a stupid question but...

I have a company issued laptop and it is an HP Compaq 6910p. My question is about the battery. As my personal laptop's battery lasts less than 35 minutes (its 3.5 years old), the time I get from this laptop is amazing, usually ~3.15 - 3.50 hours and I would like to keep it that way. I know that one can use the battery without the battery in it and that would put less wear on the battery, right? I take my laptop home with full charge and in the morning start using it without the power plugged in and when it drains to less than 10%, I recharge it and then unplug, drain it to 10%. Is this something I should or should not do to preserve battery life? Anyone know?

i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language

Basar on

• Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    HP/Compaq probably has recommendations on their site under support for what you should do, you might want to check there.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png