Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Visual Basic PowerPoint Macro Help

MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
This is a request for people who have familiarity with VB, specifically with regards to macros in PowerPoint.

So, I have this report that's due to a client. It's a massive, massive PowerPoint deck: something like 350 slides. I just received a memo indicating that all mentions of the client's brand or any other brand must be consistently color-coded. I'm not looking forward to hitting control-f and searching for every instance of that word and then manually setting the color of the text.

I just know there's got to be a good way of automating this, maybe by setting up a macro for each brand and then just running it. But I haven't the faintest clue how to do it. I have little to no programming experience and I was wondering if I could get a couple pointers on how to automate this seemingly trivial task.

I'm using the 2003 version of PowerPoint, but I would like something that would work in 2007 as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES