As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A New "The Office" Thread

• JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Pam is hotter.

NSFW proof

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Zodiac BraveZodiac Brave Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I don't know if I like the whole love-triangle thing they seem to be going for, but I am such a bigger Karen fan than Pam. Pam is so last year. You had your shot and blew it, now let the hotter girl have her chance.

AGREED EXCLAMATION MARK

Zodiac Brave on
  • Slowly Playing BassSlowly Playing Bass Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    JohnHam wrote:
    Pam is hotter.

NSFW proof

Find a picture of Karen for comparison. That gives Pam an unfair advantage, but it certainly is a nice picture :winky:

Slowly Playing Bass on
    edited November 2006
    Let's be honest with ourselves, guys:

180px-Phyllis.PNG

Oh baby oh baby knit my cox

Zodiac Brave on
  • twispbytwispby Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Clown paint

twispby on
    twispby.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Rashida Jones may be "hotter", but Jenna Fischer is still Pam. I mean...come on. Pam

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited November 2006
    Rashida Jones may be "hotter", but Jenna Fischer is still Pam. I mean...come on. Pam

SHE DONE HIM WRONG

Zodiac Brave on
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jim's pretty much just a smarmy, self-centered dickbag who is good at making fun of people.

Defender on
  • FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I think Roy and Pam are going to get back together. He's kind of been redeeming himself this season.

Fellhand on
  • Sub StandardSub Standard Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Fellhand wrote:
    I think Roy and Pam are going to get back together. He's kind of been redeeming himself this season.

Roy is just all creepy and clingy now. Move on, Roy.

Sub Standard on
    Panda1.jpg
  • Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    This thread reads like a soap opera fan thread.

Mind you, I'm a huge fan of the office.

But, man.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Pam's identical twin sister will come out of her coma and shoot Michael. The shock of the incident will cause Dwight to develop amnesia, at which point Angela will dump him for Kevin.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    The Diwali episode freaked me out, because that's it looked almost exactly like the Diwali festivals I go to.

Bloods End on
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Never catch this on t.v., but I got the first season on DVD. I love it, but it's just so awkward and painful to watch. During the "race" episode I literally stood in the hallway peeking at it from around the corner, embarassed to be alive.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Why bother arguing whether Jenna Fischer or Rashida Jones is hotter? Fuck I'll take both of them.

CptKemzik on
  • AximAxim Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    yeahh i wasn't crazy about the first season for that reason, little too awkward.. its nice to have those redeeming episodes where michael doesn't embarrass himself and actually delivers

that being said second has struck a much better balance between funny and ackward

Axim on
  • Carl with a KCarl with a K Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    the awkward episodes are the best ones

p.s. anyone who spells it ackward is a retard

Carl with a K on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I don't know if I like the whole love-triangle thing they seem to be going for, but I am such a bigger Karen fan than Pam. Pam is so last year. You had your shot and blew it, now let the hotter girl have her chance.

AGREED EXCLAMATION MARK

They are definitely translating the UK progression of The Office to normal US TV progression. Right now, Jim and Karen are going through the Tim/Rachel part of the UK series two part.

I think the point, in the end, is Jim and Pam ending up together. To me, The Office (either the UK or the US version) is an elaborate love story and the office stuff is really just a backdrop.

Hell, Michael Scott's and David Brent's actions both come from a desire to be loved. That's the real theme.

Give it five years, and we'll see Pam and Jim together. That's my prophetic thought on this. :P

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited November 2006
    the office is not a love story god damnit

Carl with a K on
    edited November 2006
    the office is not a love story god damnit

yeah it pretty much is

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
    edited November 2006
    My fiance cried at the end of season 2. This makes it a love story.

twispby on
    twispby.png
    edited November 2006
    nooooooooooooooooooo

Carl with a K on
    edited November 2006
    It's okay. There's still enough humour in it so you can admit to liking it.

Jim and Pam really make the show for me.

And Dwight and Andy now. I really enjoy their conflict.

twispby on
    twispby.png
    edited November 2006
    twispby wrote:

Same. Adding Ed Helms to the show was genius.

Drez on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Michael is what I really tune in for, especially those moments when they show his lonely, just want to have friends side. Like the video in the Take Your Kid to Work episode from when he was a kid was heartbreaking. Or the Halloween episode end, where he acts like such a cool guy handing out candy to kids. He just wants to be loved.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Michael is what I really tune in for, especially those moments when they show his lonely, just want to have friends side. Like the video in the Take Your Kid to Work episode from when he was a kid was heartbreaking. Or the Halloween episode end, where he acts like such a cool guy handing out candy to kids. He just wants to be loved.

Those episodes are really good. Mostly because they show the other side of him, it's nice that the writes don't just portray him as the "dumb boss" in every episode.

Marathon on
  • DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited November 2006

Oh my god, that was so bad. And the puppet on the show was stunned into like five seconds of silence. Oh man.

Defender on
    edited November 2006
    Drez wrote:
    twispby wrote:

I predict Andy getting promoted above Michael and therefore out of the regular cast.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    Defender wrote:

Oh my god, that was so bad. And the puppet on the show was stunned into like five seconds of silence. Oh man.

"I wanna be married and have 100 kids so I can have 100 friends, and no one can say no to being my friend. "

and then Edgar R. Meow's reaction was priceless

also: Edgar R. Meow is the best puppet name ever

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2006
    Lord Dave wrote:
    Drez wrote:
    twispby wrote:

I predict Andy getting promoted above Michael and therefore out of the regular cast.

Yeah, probably.

According to Jenna, he's in a lot of upcoming episodes, so that probably won't happen till the end of this season or will happen in an upcoming season.

Drez on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Defender wrote:

"I wanna be married and have 100 kids so I can have 100 friends, and no one can say no to being my friend. "

TheOffice-TYDTWD.jpg.jpg

awwww

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
    edited November 2006
    oh god michael noooo

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I kinda want to see andy and dwights feud continue, but on the other hand I want to see them team up against jim in some sort of unholy prank war.

Filler Inc. on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Defender wrote:

TheOffice-TYDTWD.jpg.jpg

awwww

"LittleKidLover"

Garlic Bread on
    edited November 2006
    I think they did Michaels character really well. He reminds me of those really annoyings kids in school that everyone hated because they were really annoying, even though they tried so hard and thought they were liked. Every once in a while you would just throw that kid a bone because you just felt bad.

Kind of like when Jim opens up to Micahael. Just cause he feels bad for him.

twispby on
    twispby.png
    edited November 2006
    "I think they did Michaels character really well. He reminds me of those really annoyings kids in school that everyone hated because they were really annoying, even though they tried so hard and thought they were liked. Every once in a while you would just throw that kid a bone because you just felt bad.

Kind of like when Jim opens up to Micahael. Just cause he feels bad for him."

Hammermill people: "You guys work together?"
    Jim: "We used to. Now we're...friends."
    Michael: "BEST friends."
    *Jim turns to camera slightly uncomfortably*

Drez on
    edited November 2006
    "Some people need dozens of friends to say, "Hey look at me, I'm popular." but not me. I'm very picky. I need three, maybe two."

twispby on
    twispby.png
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    "It's like in fourth grade, where everybody is united by hating the lunch lady.... but that'll change. Because by the end of 4th grade, the lunch lady was the one I hung out with most."

SithDrummer on
    edited November 2006
    "my name is michael scott"

Carl with a K on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    theofficedundies133bw7.jpg

"Me so horny! You know what I'm talking about!"

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00