As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

24 - Day 8 [IT IS FINISHED]

• Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, catching up on 24 has been on my to-do list since season 3, but then I realize, "Shit....there is like 24 episodes a season. That's gonna take a while."

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I stopped watching 24 when it became blatantly transparent in introducing stupid shit just to fill an episode.

So... that was around the middle of Season 2 with Kim and the mountain lion.

I still contend that the first season of 24 was some of the best television I have ever seen. It was an awesome, fresh idea, it worked fabulously, it was low-key (compared to the later seasons which were about zomg turrsts attack or zomg nukes or zomg biological attack and torture torture torture), and you got the feeling it was planned out from the beginning. Every episode led to the conclusion. There were only a few "wtf" moments or moments that stretched credulity, like the amnesia crap.

I mean season 1 is good and not only in a "har har for 24" sort of way. It's a solid show.

What happened?

Oh right, they want money and extended the concept for way too long.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    The "day of 101 creepy dudes" plotline with Kim was soooo lame.

Kim is lame, I just can't believe a guy like Jack would spawn someone so fucking retarded. If daddy was away for long periods of time you'd assume Kim would mimic him for approval, but instead she's like retarded. I figure she's not even Jacks real kid, Terry gave off the slut vibe (I have amnesia).
    She also banged some random dude to save Kim's crease. She was also not attractive and a needy witch so I can see how Kim turned out that way. She must have gotten her good looking genes from Jack B.

edit: Season 1 had tons of holes in it, Kim and Terry were super annoying, amnesia etc.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm ambivalent about the new season. Season 1 was amazing, 3 was very good, 4 was outstanding, 5 was a bit unbelievable and 6 was mostly junk. Still, I'll probably get it on DVD a year from now! I don't do the whole "watch from week to week" bit.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Season 1 had a weak middle (after episode 13). The shows main problem is that they don't plan ahead, at all. They need to at least figure out the big plot point for each episode before the write anything. S1 they didn't know that they would last more than 13 episodes, so that's excusable, at least.

I didn't even finish watching S6, but I'll give Season 7 a chance. Tonight!

Tomanta on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My biggest beef was how for the most part everything kept happening in the same location. How many times can one city be targeted on this show? I love the show and Jack Bauer, but I really think it's gotten a little stale. They should move the setting around. Keep Jack Bauer if you have to, but give us some new locations.

Do we know where this season will be taking place? If it's L.A. again...

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This season is in Washington DC and there is no more CTU.

tofu on
  • Options
    kingmeh123kingmeh123 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I think that I read somewhere that besides Day 1, when they planned out the first half of the season, the writers normally only plan 2-3 shows ahead of the episode that they're filming. I've been holding out hope that since they've had a year off since Day 7 was supposed to start, maybe they would actually plan out the entire season in advance... but we'll see.

kingmeh123 on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wheeeeee.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    kingmeh123 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think that I read somewhere that besides Day 1, when they planned out the first half of the season, the writers normally only plan 2-3 shows ahead of the episode that they're filming. I've been holding out hope that since they've had a year off since Day 7 was supposed to start, maybe they would actually plan out the entire season in advance... but we'll see.

Acutally, I think they only film 2-3 weeks in advance. Their general plan is set well in advance, but they need to keep the spoilers off of the intarweb.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I get more entertainment out of listening to you guys talk about this show than I ever did from trying to watch it. :lol:

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2009
    I am angry at the lack of jack-driven killings so far this season.

Yes I realize we are only 33 minutes into the first hour.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The killing will be turned up to 11 in the second hour... I'm sure of it!

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Malkor wrote: »
    Jeanine Garafolo ain't no Chloe.

I was thinking the same thing.

However, Annie Wersching? Yea.... :winky:

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh snap I thought this was the 24 phalla... just deleted my last post.

tony whyyyyyyy~

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    beep beep beep beep

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    God I hate Chloe. I'm glad we haven't seen her yet.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    A minor plot point, but good to get into the spoiler tag habit, I suppose.
    Tony pressing for details on the plan.

Tony's totally not evil.

He can shoot jack, push kim down some stairs, and relieve himself on the president's dog, and I still won't buy it.

Not Tony. Not Tony "swoop in at the last fucking second and take out like three guys on his own" Almeida.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Jack looks at fucking everybody's shoes.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Anyone who pushes kim down the stairs is an american hero

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    Anyone who pushes kim down the stairs is an american hero
    That's actually how this lady got elected President

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    Ethan SmithEthan Smith Origin name: Beart4to Arlington, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    God I hate Chloe. I'm glad we haven't seen her yet.

SPOLER ALURT

Ethan Smith on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Wait wait wait..... son spoilers?
    Did the President's son get killed too? When the fuck did that happen?!

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    so is jack at 1 or 2?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Well at the end of the movie those shadowy gentlemen were discussing whether Roger Taylor would have to be taken care because he had information about their plot. I suppose between the movie and the beginning of this season he was killed by these people. Do we know how long the gap is?

Sarksus on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So there is more 24 tomorrow as well?!

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Another two hour special.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    i do enjoy me some beep beep clock

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Well at the end of the movie those shadowy gentlemen were discussing whether Roger Taylor would have to be taken care because he had information about their plot. I suppose between the movie and the beginning of this season he was killed by these people. Do we know how long the gap is?
    I want to say a few months. I seem to remember reading Season 7 takes place 3 months after Redemption, but don't quote me on that. But yeah, from the end of Redemption, it can be inferred that he was indeed murdered at some point after the inauguration.
    In any case, I thought the two-hour premiere was pretty good. It seems like it's starting off somewhat slowly (by 24 standards anyway), which I'm hoping is a good sign that they're taking their time setting up the main plot this season. Also, none of the characters are really annoying me yet, which is a miracle itself. Can't wait for tomorrow night.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    plus that FBI agent is nice to look at

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Garofalo, who I normally like, is annoying me. But only because she seems like Chloe 2.0.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I want to say a few months. I seem to remember reading Season 7 takes place 3 months after Redemption, but don't quote me on that. But yeah, from the end of Redemption, it can be inferred that he was indeed murdered at some point after the inauguration.
    In any case, I thought the two-hour premiere was pretty good. It seems like it's starting off somewhat slowly (by 24 standards anyway), which I'm hoping is a good sign that they're taking their time setting up the main plot this season. Also, none of the characters are really annoying me yet, which is a miracle itself. Can't wait for tomorrow night.
    Yea, I couldn't figure out what was going on there. I thought maybe the guy they showed getting killed (the drugee) was a stepson or something. Had no idea the son was killed too. That was a big surprise (yea, shadowy figures discussing whether someone should die happened, but that doesn't always mean the person dies. I thought he'd either be watched, or be an assassination target in this season).

Also, yes, I enjoy the pace so far. It seems to go back to the first season, where there wasn't necessarily a ton of action in every episode. Seems good so far.

Shazkar, she is hot. I loves me some redheads. ;-)

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Another two hour special.

Another reason why I love 24, they give us multiple episodes all the time. The first two days of a new season we get to see four episodes, and throughout the season they'll have special two hours of 24 nights. None of that mid-season break crap, either.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, they really made the right move when they went to a straight four-month season. I remember watching season 3 in particular and being really frustrated with having to wait sometimes weeks in between new episodes. It's a long wait in between seasons, but it's worth it I think.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    goddamn this was good. I was more into than I ever remember being.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I agree. I can handle them taking extended time between seasons if it means no mid-season break.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I prefer compact seasons, too. And I thought tonight's two-hour special was really good, although at one point Jack reminded me of my father, which isn't a good thing.

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I DO".

Sarksus on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    I agree. I can handle them taking extended time between seasons if it means no mid-season break.

There hasn't been a break since season 4 I think.

tofu on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    plus that FBI agent is nice to look at

And then there's the 'girlfriend'.

They certainly aren't holding back on the eye candy, to be sure. (yes, I'm sure these ladies are around for more that that, but let's face it, they know their audience)

I don't care what anyone says, I like Janeane Garofalo.

But I admit I had to wiki Mystery Men to find out how to spell her name.
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Garofalo, who I normally like, is annoying me. But only because she seems like Chloe 2.0.

True.

I guess that's another thing we can add to the drinking game; female at a computer? Acting awkward? That's a shot.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    TheSuperWootTheSuperWoot Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    As someone who hasn't liked 24 since the third season, I found the first two episodes to be great. I'm not sure if I like it just because I haven't watched in a few seasons, or because it's actually good. Can't wait for tomorrow night.

TheSuperWoot on